Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the News

Go down 
+9
aerwin
Luca
abrahammy
Green Eyez
austin
firecracker
Janice
frazzle
Admin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

In the News - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:58 pm

Of course they were popular!! Us older gals know our stuff!! Wink It makes me happy too Austin!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Not all men want silly little girls. Some want women with experience.
Back to top Go down
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Paris Hilton Sentenced To 45 Days In Jail Starting June 5, 2007

This ^^^^ one's interesting to watch out. Will Paris learn anything from this experience? Cool
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Clearly I am an evil person because I love the thought of Paris really going to jail Twisted Evil I mean she just seems so arrogant, conceited, condesending, bratty little rich girl who uses people. Maybe this experience would snap her out of it and bring her a little more down to earth. I don't know. I just know I sure as heck won't feel sorry for her if she goes. Of course then she goes it's all we will hear about on the news and entertainment shows and they will make a movie and write a book!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:40 pm

FC, if you're evil, then I clearly am too.

The only thing I'm worried about is the exact thing you are - that instead of a lesson it will be a publicity stunt (like Naomi Campbell).

I do think these people believe they can do anything and get away with it. If she gets some time, it may make these people think a bit. Nine times out of ten celebrities who break the law get minor slaps on the wrists and are sent on their way.

I swear, if Phil Spector gets off, I'm leaving.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:31 am

I am happy she's going to jail. Not only because of who she is (still not sure WHO she is!), but she broke the law several times and could possibly actually hurt someone and maybe she will learn something.

I hope this wakes her parents up too.

This girl became famous, I guess, because she has a lot of money and isn't afraid to spend it on cars, clothes, houses, and partying constantly. Then that stupid TV show only added to it.

I blame the parents, although the sister doesn't seem to be nearly as bad.

And the thing is, she's not even THAT rich. I think she has $20 million. Yes, obviously, that's rich, but compared to some, it's not. We have a family at our synagogue with $15 Billion. Doesn't that sound like a joke? They have 4 kids, 3 of them girls. The oldest is about 15. The parents travel a lot and they have many nannies, but I just don't see them running wild like that one. They have to do work for the family foundation and they are heavily involved in sports and horses. I guess we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 3:45 am

I have mixed feelings about Paris going to jail.

One hand: she is such an icky nasty person (racist and just plain mean as shown on candid videos).

Other hand: Martha Stewart's jail time clued me in to that it is celebrity MEN who get off, not so much women. Technically Paris is a woman.

Aww, shucks, I want the bitch to do time, regardless.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:50 am

Well, that is mostly true. I know they were tough on Robert Downey Jr. (who I just adore), but I am having a pretty hard time thinking of too many others. I mean Robert Blake did time but got off. Don't even get me started on O.J. Evil or Very Mad Here in Chicago people had a fit about R Kelly being at Oprah's The Color Purple opening. Why is this guy not in the poker?? Martha going to prison was an outrage IMHO, but then I am a huge fan of hers. Such a talented, strong, intelligent, amazing business woman. I just admire her so, even though there is talk that she is a bit of a bitch. What she has accomplished is amazing! But yeah, Paris needs a rude awakening about how to behave and treat people. Maybe this will do her some good. Maybe she will just get worse. I'm not so sure there is hope for that girl.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:34 am

I am glad Paris is going to jail. I am still perplexed by her celebrity.

I think Martha Stewart was an "example" . I bet if she were a hig powered male thaer would have no jail time for what she did. I like and admire her. Always have.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 9:38 am

I think this is pretty outrageous. The picture is not bad at all, but I guess it was the "Drunken Pirate" caption. I removed my full first name from my myspace several months ago because it's such an unusual name. I didn't want any future employers etc. to be able to find me.

MILLERSVILLE, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A woman denied a teaching degree on the eve of graduation because of a MySpace photo has sued the university.

Millersville University instead granted Stacy Snyder a degree in English last year after learning of her Web-published picture, which bore the caption "Drunken Pirate."

"I dreamed about being a teacher for a long time," said Snyder, 27, who now works as a nanny. (Watch Snyder describe how she cried for a week over decision Video) You have to go to cnn.com to find it; I couldn't copy it over here.

The photo, taken at a 2005 Halloween party, shows Snyder wearing a pirate hat while drinking from a plastic "Mr. Goodbar" cup. It was posted on her own MySpace site.

Although Snyder apologized, she learned the day before graduation that she would not be awarded an education degree or teaching certificate.

Jane S. Bray, dean of the School of Education, accused Snyder of promoting underage drinking, the suit states.

The federal lawsuit seeks at least $75,000 in damages. Millersville spokeswoman Janet Kacskos referred questions to a state System of Higher Education spokesman, who declined comment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 10:09 am

That is completely bizarre!!! You can't get a teaching degree because of a pic in a costume?At a party?on your Myspace? This does not even compute with me. Now if she had underage kids to the party and gave them drinks then I could see the problem. Everything seems so mixed up lately. We have R Kelly making vids of sex with underage girls and he is free and making a boatload of money. Woman takes pic in Halloween costume with a funny caption and she is denied her right to work in her chosen profession. What is wrong with this picture Suspect
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:05 am

And she wasn't even underage! Ah...phone ringing.

ETA: It was the fact that the caption said "Drunken Pirate." They decided she wasn't fit to be around kids.

Last edited by on Mon May 07, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 12:45 pm

Maybe after the publicity, they'll think twice about their total idiocy.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Sometimes bad publicity is what it takes in these insane situations. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:25 pm

austin wrote:
And she wasn't even underage! Ah...phone ringing.

ETA: It was the fact that the caption said "Drunken Pirate." They decided she wasn't fit to be around kids.

Right. Because NO teacher EVER got drunk on their FREE time EVER Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:45 pm

I just read that Ty Pennington was arrested over the weekend in LA for suspicion of DUI AND drugs. I am quite disappointed in that. My son (and daughter) really love that show he's on - Extreme Home Makeover. That's our Sunday night ritual. We watch it and Mommy cries. I just think it's good for them to see people in different circumstances then their own and maybe make them appreciate things more. And my son loves architecture and building things.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I just wish that celebs would have a designated driver at all times.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Now, THAT's an excellent idea. Unless of course they don't drink and/or do drugs. But that would, apparently, leave most of them out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

I am also very disappointed about Ty. I just didn't see that one coming. I wonder what wil happen now. His show is so family friendly, and the Disney channel and all. What a shame.

I agree Frazz. These people can afford drivers. I don't get why when they want to party they just don't make sure to have drivers so as to avoid all these problems.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:31 pm

Funny. I was just coming over to post this.

Oh Ty. I always loved you. Why you gotta go and be so stoooopid? Also, I thought he was younger than 42. Wow.

Here's the story:

Updated:2007-05-07 18:54:52
'Makeover' Host Ty Pennington Arrested
AP

LOS ANGELES (May 7) - Ty Pennington, host of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," was arrested on a misdemeanor charge this weekend, documents show.

Pennington, 42, was booked on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and drugs while driving, the TMZ.com Web site reported.

He was arrested shortly after 12:30 a.m. Saturday by the Los Angeles Police Department's West Traffic Division, according to inmate information posted on the county Sheriff's Department Web site.

Pennington was released two hours later after posting $5,000 bail and was due back in court June 4, according to the Web site.

Los Angeles police officials said Monday they had no further information.

A phone message left with Pennington's manager, Bill Stankey, wasn't immediately returned.

Pennington, the former "Trading Spaces" carpenter, is the author of "Ty's Tricks: Home Repair Secrets Plus Cheap and Easy Projects to Transform Any Room," a mixture of handyman tips and how-to projects.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:32 pm

Ty has issued a statement. At least he's admitting that he did something wrong.

"I made an error in judgment. We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone. This was my wake-up call. I also want to apologize to my fans, ABC Television and my design team for my lapse in judgment and the embarrassment I have caused."

-Ty Pennington, May 7, 2007
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:51 pm

They do not need a fulltime driver, even. They do have taxis in L.A.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Tacky and horrible (for the baby).

These identical twins had sex with the same woman within hours of each other. She became pregnant. Neither one wants to pay child support and the DNA test cannot confirm who the father is. So the lovely twins feel that neither should have to pay. Classy.

One of these potential Father of the Year candidates stated: "I want to go to the Supreme Court," Raymon told ABC News. "If they can't prove it's me then they should throw it out of court." And as for the child support, he said, "The state should eat it."

Who's Your Daddy? Paternity Battle Between Brothers
Judge Uses Old-Fashioned Detective Work to Determine Who the Father Is

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LegalCenter/Story?id=3195632&page=1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Some men are just pigs! That's just terribly. Of course the woman was a bit nutty to sleep with them both within hours. Good grief. Ugly story.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Well, I guess the rodeo just does strange things to folks ... said in a Texas drawl that I do not possess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the News   In the News - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the News
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next