Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Glad to hear from GE!

Malibu is next to the ocean, but right across the street (Pacific Coast Highway) the mountain and canyons start. The main part of L.A. is outside of Malibu's mountains. Inside the main part of L.A> are the Hollywood Hills which are fire prone, but didn't catch it this time. On the other side of the Hollywood Hills is the main (flat) part of the valley, where GE and Neil live.

Rich people live in all the fire prone places.

The wind changed direction and now I see clouds of leftover Malibu smoke clouds above the Hollywood Hills, and the air is like the worst smog day ever.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Thanks for the info Frazz! I'm trying to better understand what all is happening.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm

On another note: I had my second interview for the major theater group. They are really looking for more of a back end techie than webmastering.

BUT the head of the Marketing Department wants me to interview for a major job in his department! Most of what he wants is stuff I can do, but he will need some copy writing samples.

Anybody able to think of a subject I might write about?

I don't believe he is looking for press releases as much a a paragraph about a particular play (not one they have produced and already wrote copy for) as well as things that would go into an e-mail to people who signed up for mailings.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:25 pm

The air quality sounds really bad. Are they advising people to stay inside?

So sorry you had to pack up your car just in case GE. I hope you don't have to leave your place.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:42 am

GE, so happy to hear that you are safe! I am just heartsick about all the damage and destruction. I watched part of a 20/20 report on the fires last night and had to switch it off. How close is it to you?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 am

Gosh Frazz, I bet GE could give you some good topics to write about! Good luck! I am sure you can do this!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 11:59 am

These fires are so awful. Friends of ours have had to evacuate their home. I'm hoping everything goes well for everyone. I know some have lost their homes already, I'm just hoping these fires will not take too many more. My heart is out there to everyone who is affected by these tragic fires.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:11 pm

Frazz, if you give me more of an idea of what they are looking for, what guidelines they gave you, I could probaby come up with something. I'm pretty good with coming up with topics on the spot. Let me know if you need help! I'm here for ya babe!

Yes, the rich people live in the hills and the hills are where the fires happen. All that brush is so dry this time of year and catches fire just from some embers floating into it. Plus the 60 mph winds. So what starts as a small flare-up within moments becomes a raging inferno.

Because I live in a valley, it's all settling here. It really looks weird. When I had that fire happen outside my window, that was the beginning of all this, so I'm glad they were able to put it out before they were stretched so thin.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:45 pm

So my brother and family are back in their house. They were un-evacuated. So that's good news for them at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Such great news Austin!!! cheers

Hope things get better for you people in the valley soon!

See, I knew GE would be the one to help you Frazz!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 2:57 am

Great news, austin.

Somehow I knew that if I needed her GE would save the day.

As it turns out, just from posting here what I needed, I was able to tell the wonderful guy who wants me in to tell me exactly what he needed as samples, and he told me to write 100 words on some new concept (made up by me) for a production of Romeo & Juliet, plus he sent me a new play and told me to write blurbs in a number of categories for it.

He also told me to do a resume featuring my abilities as a copy writer and as a theater person. So I did. I have been pretending I am NOT a theater person for all these web jobs, so it took some major brain wracking to remembered what I'd ever done.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:29 pm

Frazz, that sounds really cool. I'm glad you'll be able to use your theater background and not have to keep it all buried.

The coming up with a new concept thing sounds cool. I'd like to hear what you came up with! This sounds very much like something you could sink your teeth into!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 7:26 am

Chitchat - Page 22 12

Chitchat - Page 22 3
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:06 am

Hey Y'all . I am having a bad time. I had a red footed tortoise that was my beloved pet. Anyway he escaped his outdoor enclosure. When I went outside to bring him in he was gone. He has been gone for two days. I am very sad. I know it probably sounds crazy to you but I always am attached to my pets and it has left a small hole in my heart. I really miss him. Sad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:24 am

Oh Aerwin, I am so sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad It is not crazy to love and miss your pets No It is completely normal. It would be crazy if you didn't miss him. I hope some how he finds his way back home to you!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 11:38 pm

aerwin, doesn't sound crazy at all. My heart goes out to you and the turtle. i hope you are reunited.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{aerwin}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Aerwin, I hope you are doing OK after your gum surgery today I love you Mine is tomorrow and I am so dreading it No Let us know how you are doing. I hope I get good meds!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:03 am

I am still thinking about aerwin's beloved turtle, and hoping for a reunion.

Meantime, gum surgery!!! Dang, getting older sucks on that sort of level!!! But, inevitable though it is, I am very glad to have some companions going through the same sorts of things.

I have to get this theater marketing dept. job, in part to get health and dental insurance...long neglected both now...

Had the first interview for the marketing job at the theater today, and it really went well. I am hoping that my lack of experience in the particular job is far outweighed by my scintillating charm...which they DID get, and my shooting in the dark pretend-marketing plans and writings for the example stuff they had me write.

My teeth are rotting out of my head.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:29 am

Yes, gum surgery affraid I am afraid!! Not of the actual procedure, but they pain for days afterwards and stitches in my mouth affraid Plus they say your face can swell up and get bruises on it!! affraid I don't want to look like I had a date with Mike Tyson affraid

Anyway, I know Aerwin had a rough time with it the first time she had it done, so I am thinking about her today Crying or Very sad I too hope that the sweet little turtle found his way back home.

Good luck Frazz!! I am so glad that interview number 1 went so well! I just know this is going to work out for you!

I hate to hear that your teeth are rotting No Dental problems are such a pain and so expensive. I have an abscess from a failed root canal so now they are fixing it by going thru the gum above the tooth and cleaning out the canal and putting in posts. Hopefully you will be lucky and never have any problems like that!

Keep us posted! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Aerwin, I hope you find your turtle.

Lots having gum surgery! Ick. I think it depends on what is involved with the gum surgery. Yes, you'll be sore, eating won't be pleasant for a few days...................

I haven't been on much because my Sis and Hubby are visiting from SC and I had 2 cousins, one with wife, staying here. We have all had a great time visiting. A few minor squabbles amongst all us sisters, but we managed. My cousin had a terrible experience with security at the airport and then on the plane with a seating problem. Things are just about back to normal here..........just about. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: TLC's Little People   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I didn't put this in the TV section, because I just wanted to know anyones' reaction or no reaction to this article.....

http://presspubs.com/articles/2007/11/02/recent_columns/just_a_thought/doc471dfcf8c353d526822305.txt
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 1:59 am

I don't really know what my reaction is...I think I would have to see the show they are talking about.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:59 am

Hey Y'all . I had my surgery and I am in some pain and swollen. But I am taking Darvocet since that is about the only thing I can tolerate. I never found my turtle. I still miss him.

I hope FC did okay with her surgery.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:45 am

Hi Aerwin!

So sorry the little guy hasn't made it back home - yet. Keep up the faith!

I did fine with the surgery. He gave me a ton of Novocaine and I didn't feel a thing, though putting in the stitches freaked me out a bit Shocked He did a lot of sewing. I am more very sore today than real pain. My left cheek is HUGE! I look like I have mumps or something. So far no bruising - and I have my fingers crossed that I don't get the bruising. I kept ice on my cheek for hours and yet it still got huge - so either the ice didn't help, or it would be even worse had I not put the ice on Shocked

Since most pain meds make me sick the doc gave me Tylenol with Codeine to take every 4 hours, and antibiotics. I'm just glad it is over with and I can stop worrying about it! I get the stitches out Weds. morning. Hope you feel better really soon!! I love you

Sky, I saw that show once. I not sure how I feel about that issue. BTW, the dad of that family and show was recently arrested for drunk driving and he seems a bit of a jerk. Maybe for that reason he shouldn't have reproduced Razz

Anyway, it is very hard to tell people who desperately want to have children that they shouldn't take a chance. I wanted kids more than anything my whole life, and I cannot even imagine life without my boys. I would hate to deny anyone that amazing experience. I do see the author's point, but sadly so many children end up with cancer and other horrible unforeseen health issues. We all run the risk of bringing children into the world who may end up dealing with terrible problems. I guess the best way to answer his question would be to ask the children of dwarf parents if they are glad their parents took the chance and brought them into this world - or would they rather have not been born. My guess is most of them would say they are glad to be alive and will deal with what they have to go through at times. Same with children of poor families.

It would be wonderful if more children were adopted. I think eventually Brad and Angie will get around to them all! Razz Anyway, yes it would be wonderful for more children to be adopted, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell people they shouldn't try to have their own children if they really want them and will love and give them the best life they possibly can.

So, we have a new registered member. Morgan. Morgan, if you are real HI and Welcome! I say "if you are real" because in the past I have welcomed Spambots Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 2:46 pm

Man I am on a lot more pain today than I was yesterday. I have tons of stitches. AND I am hungry. Now I normally do not eat a lot of chips but I am dying for chips and salsa. I am sure it is because I cannot have them, right?
I am currently living on smoothies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: