Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food and Drink, recipies

Go down 
+4
Sky
abrahammy
firecracker
frazzle
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 am

I'm also into trying to rid myself of the high fructose - not easy to do.

These recipes sound great - thanks all.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:17 am

Does anybody else have a bread maker? I use mine all the time. But lately the loaf caves in in the middle. I only make whole wheat bread so I am trying to figure out what is going on. It rises up nice but then caves in.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 am

I have a bread maker and use it a lot! I have never had that problem. Do you have a booklet with a troubleshooting page? I bet you could find out on-line what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Here is an outstanding recipe for Tuscan Lemon Chicken I found on Martha stewart's website via watching her prepare it on TV show. It is so easy and seriously some of the best chicken I have ever had! It pairs very well with the simple arugula salad, I did not make the orzo, instead I just made rice.

Recipe
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:35 pm

As I just said in the doll thread, can't wait to try this one! LOVE chicken! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:54 pm

This sounds really good, I've saved it and will try it for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Here is my favorite recipe and oh so yummy!

Garlic/Parmesan/Lemon Chicken

1/2 cup butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
lemon juice from 1 lemon
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 chicken breast halves without skin, deboned
salt and pepper

Combine butter, garlic, worcestershire and lemon juice in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter is melted.

Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs and cheese on large plate.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each piece in butter mixture and then in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on oven proof baking dish. Pour any remaining butter sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.

Bake, covered at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until done, about 20 minutes longer. Serve with potatoes, rice pilaf or brown rice.

NOTES: I've thrown red potatoes in with the chicken to cook, just halve them or quarter them. I've also used chicken breast tenders instead of the whole breast.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Oh that also sounds awesome!

I will try that one too! Chicken is my fave meat! I welcome any and all chicken recipes that people really love!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Sky, your lemon chicken parmesan recipe sounds really great! I will definitely try that one!

Don't know if I hit a fluke or not, but I prepared Martha's chicken recipe with an Organic brand of chicken from the northwest, and I swear it was some of the best tasting chicken I have ever had. Just seemed to have better flavor the regular kinds.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 am

You won't be disappointed, it's really good! I won't buy chicken from anywhere but here. Wink

Since I don't eat red meat, I love chicken.

Here's a really good fruit salad recipe....

Dressing----

I small pkg. cook to serve vanilla pudding
Cook it with 1 cup of orange juice until very thick and let cool.

Use any fruit you want. I always combine some chunky canned as well as whatever is available fresh. Add chopped walnuts and lots of maraschino cherries (halve them).

This makes ALOT, but you could just use a little dressing for a smaller amount of fruit. I've always wanted to try the dressing with maybe a lemon pudding, but never have.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:28 am

Both chicken recipes sound mmm mmmm good!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 am

I like that chicken recipe. Like you, Sky, I also love chicken but rarely do much more than cook it with some spices on it. My favorites are paprika and thyme on chicken.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Not sure what posessed me, but in Trader Joe's the other day I bought a "gourmet" salami. Now I have never, actually, in my life, eaten even a sliver of salami, since previously I have only seen the non-gourmet thing that hads these huge fat pockets. Apparently this is different, delicate and flavored with such ambrosia-like herbs and magic that i will pass out with ecstasy. That is the idea.

This had such a pretty package, too.

So, my question is, how do you eat a dry, small, Chianti Italian salami? I mean what do you eat it with so you feel wonderfully, decadently Italian?

WIne, OK, but what else? If olives, nuts, bread, cheese, what kinds?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 pm

I put my salami on bread. But I am not much of a gourmet eater - so I am no help.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:18 pm

Yeah but you eat salami! That is a start! What kind of bread?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 pm

I confess to eating salami too, and I have it in a sandwich. I always use 12 grain bread. Not very gourmet, I'm afraid! Never had any really good salami, maybe have some with a good cheese and nice glass of wine?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:29 pm

IN the sandwich, do you put something like mustard on it? Or nothing? Or lettuce? Or what?

edited because you said the kind of breade, THANKS!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

French bread with mayo and lettuce Very Happy

Now I want a sandwich and it is almost 1:00 AM Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:42 pm

frazzle wrote:
IN the sandwich, do you put something like mustard on it? Or nothing? Or lettuce? Or what?

edited because you said the kind of breade, THANKS!

I just use a little butter and mayo. I'm not fond of mustard in a sandwich. If you have some really good salami, I wouldn't waste it in a sandwich......... I just use the standard salami, but the light version, nothing gourmet! I will sometimes add some provolone cheese, it depends how hungry I am!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm

firecracker wrote:
French bread with mayo and lettuce Very Happy

Now I want a sandwich and it is almost 1:00 AM Embarassed

I know.........I'm thinking I should have bought some salami! My grandson had the last of it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Put it on a cracker with some sharp cheddar cheese!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm

OK then! I will do it!

But I do want to know if you are mostly supposed to put something on it like mustard.. only because meats I have eaten that are vaguely similar (balogna, ham, hot dogs), usually get mustard.

I know I could put mustard if I wanted to, but I want to try it the way you alls do first.

Last edited by frazzle on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:46 pm

firecracker wrote:
Put it on a cracker with some sharp cheddar cheese!

Yes!!! Okay, now I really would like some salami.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 pm

I have organic woven wheat (exactly like Triscuits) and some garlic water crackers. I have cheddar, mozzarella, and Spanish maranga (sp).

Whatddya think?

OOOOh and I have some marcona almonds (a virtue of living in L.A. is that much exotic stuff is easily available and not really any more exoensive than more mainstream stuff in a place like Trader Joe's (obviously much more expensive than a Costo or Sam's club type place, but living alone small portions are much more economical for me).
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Use the cracker that's like a triscuit. Try it with all the cheeses (separately), see which one you like the best with it. I would think the cheddar, because I'm not familiar with the Spanish cheese. I've never thought of using Mozarella though. Is there anything that doesn't taste good with Mozarella? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food and Drink, recipies   Food and Drink, recipies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food and Drink, recipies
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: