Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Yeah, Almodovar is amazing. The twists and turns. The characters. Really amazing.

I was supposed to see Dreamgirls like 5 times, and each time something happened that prevented me from seeing it. I saw it was coming out on DVD and I thought "finally!"
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 9:47 pm

I finally got to watch The Prestige this past weekend...whoa, what a treat!

I have'nt enjoyed a flick that much in ages! The acting, the writing, the period costumes, set designs, it just all clicked. I was very entertained and enthralled with the story, and of course watching Hugh Jackman in those gorgeously tailored costumes and with his shirt off was a treat in itself!!!! *drool, drool!*
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:57 pm

The Prestige was amazing! It was a treat!

I saw The Queen this weekend. It was good. Helen was amazing in that part! It wasn't anything spectacular but Helen owned that part!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

I LOVED The Prestige! Did you figure out the twists? Christian Bale was amazing. I love Christopher Nolan the director. Momento is one of my favorite movies.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:34 pm

I was just watching a movie that I keep forgetting to put in my top movies. It's called "Defending Your Life" starring Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. The two of them are so perfect in this and the "Past-Lives Pavillion" scene is worth the price of admission all on its own!

It's about a guy who dies and when he gets to heaven, he finds out he has to "defend his life". In other words, did he get over "fear" in his most recent life. If he did, he gets to "move on". If he doesn't, he has to go back to earth and do it all over again. One small glitch...he falls in love.

It's funny and sappy and everything good.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:34 am

I never heard of that movie but it sounds very sweet!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:06 pm

I saw Disturbia and Invisible this past weekend. Disturbia was good! Invisible was a little too corny even for me.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:40 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
I was just watching a movie that I keep forgetting to put in my top movies. It's called "Defending Your Life" starring Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep. The two of them are so perfect in this and the "Past-Lives Pavillion" scene is worth the price of admission all on its own!

It's about a guy who dies and when he gets to heaven, he finds out he has to "defend his life". In other words, did he get over "fear" in his most recent life. If he did, he gets to "move on". If he doesn't, he has to go back to earth and do it all over again. One small glitch...he falls in love.

It's funny and sappy and everything good.

I saw that in the theater whenever it came out, and, I think HBO had it on recently and I saw part of it. Very good, very entertaining. I'd love to eat shrimp and pasta in their restaurants! (You can eat as much as you want and you don't gain and everything tastes fantastic.)

Last edited by on Thu May 10, 2007 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:28 pm

I totally loved that! The scene in the restaurant is awesome. I really loved that pairing. They were really cute together.

Rip Torn's facial expressions are hysterical. I'm so sorry he's been through so much due to his alcoholism because he's a really talented man.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 6:30 am

I cannot wait for Shrek 3! I love shrek.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 1:24 pm

I saw The Queen last night. Helen Mirren really is great. Couldn't take my eyes off her. I was not all that interested in the story (traditionalist has to modernize), so it was particularly amazing to me that she was so good.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Frazz, I'm glad her performance was good and deserving of the award. Like I said, I would have been pissed if it wasn't good and she got the award over judi Dench. I keep going back and forth about this movie, since it's just not my kind of thing.

I have seen two very mainstream movies recently: Pirates and today, Ocean's 13.

OK, let's get this out of the way first. The eye candy. Wowza.

Orlando Bloom is so damn sexy in Pirates, I wanted to jump through the screen and drag him away to that island with the rum. I want the scene where he comes up from the well and flips his hair back forever with me at all times. Johnny Depp with his shirt off? You betcha. A good time is had by all.

Now, I know this movie has gotten its knocks because it's long, but the last part makes it all worth it. Jam-packed with fun and swashbuckling and sword fighting. Everything a good popcorn movie should be. At least you get your money's worth!

Did I mention the eye candy?

Ocean's 13. I don't know how they keep doing it. They really don't rest on their laurels and give you a completely separate great movie each time. Another great popcorn movie. I am so glad they used Eddie Izzard more in this one. He was so under-utilized in the last movie. One of the things I find sexy about Eddie is how freaking brilliant he is. Seriously. If you don't have a problem watching a man in a full face of make-up and high heels, PLEASE check out his comedy act on HBO when you see it come on. He really puts on a show. (no make-up and high-heels in the movie. I promise.)

All the usual suspects are there and Al Pacino doesn't chew up quite as much scenery as he usually does.

You will absolutely laugh yourself silly in some scenes. There's even an inside joke at the end.

Just a totally fun movie.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:04 am

Quote :
One of the things I find sexy about Eddie is how freaking brilliant he is.
I FREAKIN" LOVE Eddie Izzard! he is brilliant and intelligent. Do you watch his show The Riches? It is very good. Mondays at 10 on FX. Eddie is my screensaver. I would go see Oceans 13 except Brad pitt is in it and I cannot stand him not even for a minute.YAY! another Ediie fan!!

I saw Pirates too. I mean it is what is it is. A great fun movie. I love Johnny Depp. However I disagree with you about Orlando. He is pretty but dull as dishwater IMO. I am bored by him and Keira Knightley.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:15 am

I'm not a big Keira fan either. The underbite totally bugs. She's way too cutsie. We'll see if she has any staying power beyond Pirates.

My friend thinks Orlando is a descendant of Erroll Flynn. I don't know. I think he has it. Especially if it's the right role.

I missed the first couple of episodes of "The Riches" and then I didn't watch. I intend to download the torrents during the slow TV season.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 12:05 pm

I am one who never got the Orlando love. He just does nothing for me. Depp on the other hand - YUMMY! One reason is because he is so dang interesting! Brad Pitt? He is just empty to me. Very pretty yes, but no more. Keira seems so overrated to me scratch

I am going to start watching The Riches on the internet. It is Clay's fave new show and he says everyone should watch it! So I am going to see what everyone is all excited about!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:42 pm

So, I saw "The Prestige" last night. I've got this to say.

1. Hugh Jackman with his shirt off. THANK YOU director!
2. Christian Bale totally covered up the entire movie? CURSES to you director!
3. Hugh and Christian. Great amazing actors who also bring the hunk factor. That's my kinda movie.
4. I totally said Christian Bale's last line (kinda) right before he did.
5. WHAT THE FUCK happened at the end there? I figured out a couple of things but DAMN that road got windy at the end. I'm gonna have to go back and take another gander. It didn't help that sometimes their accents were so thick it was hard to understand them.
6. Did I mention WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED AT THE END THERE?

I may watch that ending again tonight.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 5:30 pm

I didn't see the film, so I cannot help you, BUT you got me interested in seeing it!! You know, just because of the ending. NOTHING to do with a topless Hugh or anything Wink
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 am

I LOVED The prestige. It is one of my favorite movies last year. Hugh Jackman AND Christian Bale! AND David freakin' Bowie. My number one always and forever. Okay while I was watching the movie I figures out one of the plot twists but not the other. I can't say because I don't want to spoil it. I figured out the Christian Bale twist. But the other one blew me away. It all has to do with twins and doubles.
The director Christoher Nolan is brilliant. If you have never seen Momento make it a must. It is one of my favorite movies ever!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Aerwin, I guess our minds are pretty much alike, because I also figured out the Christian Bale one (though not ALL of it) and the other one I was like WHU?

I did watch it again last night with my friend who LOVED it as I knew she would. I figured out some stuff that I didn't hear or notice before. One line that Hugh Jackman uttered at the end had us talking for a good ten minutes about it, until I think I figured it out.

Obsession...she is a dangerous thing, no?

I own Memento and that movie is AWESOME. I didn't realize it was the same director. That movie will mess with your mind.

FC, you really need to see both of these movies, if you like this sort of thing. Shirtless Hugh is most defintitely worth the price of admission. Michael Caine...he says one line in The Prestige that just makes you realize what an amazing actor he is.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:21 pm

I have ALWAY loved Michael Caine! I don't think he ever got the recognition he deserved.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 4:37 am

Oh Yeah Christopher Nolan also directs the Batman movies with Christian Bale. Michael Caine is in those also. FCAnthony Michael Hall is in the next one. I read an interview with him about it he is very excited.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:03 am

OH - Good news about AMH!! I'm so happy for him! He'll be great in it! I guess I will have to see that one!
Back to top Go down
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:48 am

Cuz I'm a hardcore Harry Potter fan, I watched the first showing of HP5 this morning. Maybe I enjoyed watching it too much, I can't remember a dang thing afterwards. I'm going to watch it again tonight. bounce
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 5:49 am

Hi MM!

I didn't know you were a big HP fan! That is so funny you show up to talk about the new movie because I just had a dream about going to see it Laughing My kids don't have any interest in going, they have outgrown HP and I was wondering who I would go see it with. Care to fly over here and go with me??!

What did you think of the movie? How do you feel about all this talk that Harry will die in the last book? Do you think he should?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 12:29 pm

I'm also a HUGE HP fan (not big enough to stand in line in the dead of night, but HUGE)

I heard that jk has said she's not ruling out the possibility of another HP book, which makes me hopeful that he doesn't, as another woman put it, "go to that great quidditch match in the sky"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next