Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So You Thnk You Can Dance!

Go down 
+2
Sky
firecracker
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

So You Thnk You Can Dance! Empty
PostSubject: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:11 am

Well, with DWTS and AI over, I am anxious for SYTYCD!! I love this show. Last year was soooo good! Benji and Travis - just a joy! I like this show better than DWTS because it so full of energy and just amazing dancers!! I love the judges too.

I know tonight starts with the auditions - the good and bad, but these are always fun.

I hope some of the rest of you here watch with me!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:45 am

I didn't watch last season, I'll try to watch this season. There are a few good shows starting soon......Big Brother, Hell's Kitchen, and a chef competition on Bravo (but I've forgotten the name).
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 2:18 pm

I only started watching this show with about a month to go last year. A friend kept nagging about it until I started watching.

I ended up really enjoying it. Benji was fun, but I REALLY loved Travis. Heidi was so cute and it was funny that she was Benji's cousin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 5:35 pm

My mom was in love with Benji and made me sit down and watch him. I swear, he had no bones in his body. I think he's made of rubber.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Oh good! Some of you will watch with me! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Benji and his little sister dance on the show tonight!! She is a dance champ too! What a family! Dad, Benji, sister, cousin! It was so great to see Benji again! Such a cutie pie. So is his little sis. It's going to be fun to see how far she goes!

Also, that amazing dancer from last year who they had to let go because of Visa problems is back! He is simply amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:50 am

I happened to have the channel on when the show came on. I immediately told my mom. She laughs when I describe him as "Dancing Clay".

Benji's dance with his sister was awesome. When they did that slide thing, it was truly aweswome! The Asian guy without the visa was amazing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:44 pm

Hey GE, bet your mom laughed as hard as I did when that "dancer" went on and on about how much he LOVED Justin Timberlake and then "danced" (or whatever that was) to a CLAY song!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:10 pm

Oh! I didn't see that guy. I'll have to ask her!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Did you see Benji tonight!!?? He was amazing!! He is such a showman and a character! Sounds like his life is going great!

It was sad to see such good dancers go home tonight Crying or Very sad That is the problem with this show - everyone is soooo good!

I think Benji's sister was fantastic last night. That number she and Kameron did actually brought tears to my eyes. They are my fave couple right now.

The hip-hop and break dancers this year are "off the hook!" or "ridiculous" as Dan would say! It's going to be really hard to see any of them go.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 9:50 am

Wow, they were all so good last night! I have so many faves!! Still think Lacey and Kameron (sp?) are my very fave, but I also LOVE Jessie and Pasha (sp?) the really cute Russian guy! I am going to hate to see most of them leave. I can hardly pick who I hope goes tonight. So many talented and delightful kids on this show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:08 am

I am so sad about Jessi Sad What a heartbreaking thing to have happen to her. I just cannot image the docs will let her dance tonight. For the sake of her health I am sure she will either drop out or be cut. Such a shame. She was my second fave girl, right behind Lacey. I wonder if she will need to give up dancing?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 8:25 am

I am so upset about the way Jessi was treated last night. What the hell was that about???

They gave her no reason for her being let go. No comments on her amazing performance with Pasha AFTER being so ill. I don't get what they did at all. I am pissed. She deserved WAY better treatment than that!! I would LOVE an explanation from Nigel!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 pm

I haven't been watching religiously, but I recorded this week so I wouldn't miss it.

That was pretty bad, I agree, about how they let Jessie go. Nigel seemed PISSED about the girls. But why let Jessie go? She wasn't the worst one, I don't think. That first one who took off the jacket was a little bizarre. I just couldn't figure it out and I think Jessie was confused too. If she hadn't gotten sick, she wouldn't have been in the bottom at all.

What I don't like about this show, is that if you end up in the bottom 3 thru no fault of your own, you can still easily go home. I think it's a flaw in the show. Who is that, Cedric, I think?, who kept getting in the bottom and dragging his partner with him? He doesn't go home though, but his partner does. And then this week he doesn't make it into the bottom 3 when the judges clearly think he belongs there. They would have sent him home. I don't get it.

Anyway, I thought that hummingbird and flower routine was just beautiful. It felt like watching true art and not just entertainment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:32 pm

Blake Lewis is working on a project with last year's runner-up Travis. How cool. They look like brothers!

Last night Benji choreographed one of the routines. It was great! I love Pasha and Sara! They were awesome on Benji's routine!

I still love Lacy and Kam the bestest, with Pasha and Sara next.

I thought Nigel's explanation about Jessi was still BS. If they decided the girl shouldn't be in the competition due to heath concerns they just should have told her that from the get-go instead of having her dance her heart out for two routines thinking she could save herself (and she was awesome BTW) when in reality there was nothing she could have done to stay. I sure feel for the girl. I hope she is doing OK.

Sad about Cedric. It was the right choice I guess, though Danny bores me. Cedric is so amazing at what he does. I've never seen anyone move the way he does. So unique.

Well, I knew it would be sad seeing a lot of these kids go. They are all so good!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:44 am

So, anyone watching this season? I am so excited that it is back on! I love this show! Looks like a great top 20! I was sad about some of the people who were cut, especially the tappers Crying or Very sad What a grueling process these kids go through to be on this show No It sure takes special people to pursue the dancing dream!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

A friend of mine is so into this show that I might try to watch it. I watched for awhile last year, but couldn't stick it out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Oh try Lau! We can talk about it here! I know Sky watches it but she is on vacation. It is so much fun!! I love it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 am

So, does anyone have a fave couple jet? Mine is Katee and Joshua. I love a lot of the dancers, but I think K&J have been really outstanding on both of their numbers.

It's a great group this year! The judges have been fun too. Love this show!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm alone here I know, but what a shock about Will tonight!! Shocked

I am so happy for Mark though! I love him! I love you
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:58 am

I started watching a few weeks ago. I watched last night and it seemed that there were people that were not there before (mind you I am not attentive..just enjoy dancing).

Did they do some dumping and switching?

I do not know most of the participants names, and forgot to watch tonight, but I actually am interested enough to see who left, so I will google.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:40 am

The only thing out of the norm is the week after Comfort was booted by the judges, Jessica cracked/broke some ribs and had to drop out of the competition. They brought Comfort back as she was the last girl booted. Jessica will be the one to go on the tour though since she officially made the Top 10. Then in a surprise - Comfort was not voted off the following week and Karrington was. Other than that things have gone normally and each guy and girl with the least votes left. Will was the judges' (and many others') pick to win. I honestly think it was either people were sure he was safe, or Twitch's and Mark's wonderful personalities pushed them past Will, who is the best technically. Debbie Allen will find him work. She adores him. So I think he will be fine. My guess is Joshua and Katee will be top 2. Well deserved too. They are outstanding.

The tough part about this show is they ALL are so good and they ALL seem like great kids. It is sad to see any of them go. Unlike AI there isn't any cannon fodder. All the top 20 can really dance. Each season. They really do a great job of casting this show with talented and appealing kids.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm

I have the show on while I am sorting papers...I just looked up and saw a GREAT dance. Had to look up who. Names are Joshua and Katee. Even without having paid much attention over the past few weeks, they are the ones, both individually and together who really delight me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 pm

YES! Josh and Katee are the best! But I also love Mark and Courtney! Their number toward the end of the night that was choreographed by Sonja is wicked good!!!!!! Those are my picks for Top 4 going to the finals! Chelsie and Twitch are really good, but tonight it was really all about the other 4!

I think either Josh or Katee will win!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:40 pm

firecracker wrote:
Mark and Courtney! Their number toward the end of the night that was choreographed by Sonja is wicked good!!!!!!

I just saw that. That was COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark generally doesn't do it for me...too much mugging, but that was fun!

I do think they are all very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So You Thnk You Can Dance!   So You Thnk You Can Dance! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So You Thnk You Can Dance!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: