Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life changing events

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Life changing events Empty
PostSubject: Life changing events   Life changing events Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:41 am

I am thinking about life-changing things that happen in the external world.

The ones that had major impact on me are:

Assassination of John F. Kennedy 1963
Live TV murder of supposed JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald 1963
The Beatles emerging into my conciousness, 1963
The electricity blackout of the entire northeast USA 1964
Going to Club 47 and Newport Folk Festival (music stuff) 1966-1967
Seeing Olympia Dukakis play Mother Courage (play) that made me need to be an actor 1966
Living on my own in Cambridge Mass. 1967 (the Summer of Love)
Going to Woodstock 1969

Oddly personal stuff, like high school. college, my first love (1967), my ex-hubby (1970 to either 1984 or 1986?)...don't stick as well.

1982 did first theater acting role that blew my mind (Sea Gull, by Anton Chekhov)
Did best work as an actress in a play I wrote 1986
Did late night comedy cabaret 1985-1988
Did commercials 1989-1994
Most inspiring acting teacher died 1993
Had to get a real job 1997-2005
NY blew up 9/11/2001
Father died 10/11/2001
Best friend died 07/2005
Mother died 11/2005
Am back to acting and writing, happy, except for completely broke and terrified about what to do for the next year financially: 2007

What are your milestones?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Life changing events   Life changing events Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:54 am

Wow! That is an amazing list!! Way too early in the morning and before coffee for me to come up with one - especially with dates Shocked But I will get back in here with one later.

I must say you worry me lately with all your posts of being broke and scared about your future Crying or Very sad I wish I could help. Come move to Chicago! There is so much local threater available! I bet you could get great parts because there are not so many actors looking for work here as by you and I am sure it is cheaper to live in Chicago too! AND you could come and visit MEEEE!!

Be back with a list later (though it will be nowhere near as interesting as Frazz's Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Life changing events   Life changing events Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:46 am

No, move to Austin! Other than the 100 degree heat right now, it's cool.

Friday Night Lights films here. Although I'm not sure what role you would have on that show. Actually a lot of movies shoot here. People don't always realize it because they're not necessarily set in Texas. Julia Roberts was here recently. Also, a small part of A Mighty Heart (Angelina Jolie) was shot here. That Tarentino/Rodgiguez Grindhouse movie(s) was shot here. And it's much cheaper to live here of course. Although not as cheap as it used to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life changing events   Life changing events Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life changing events
Page 1 of 1