Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:14 am

Individual group eyelashes? You mean the ones in strips? That will be good to know if they work better for a small headed doll and I may need to go that way for Mohana.

Don't feel alone about not knowing what the heck is happening with your doll order. My payment has been cleared and that is all it says...I don't have a bloody clue when she will be shipped. It does say it takes 3 weeks after payment for the doll to be shipped, so I probably have about 2 more weeks to wait until she is shipped. Then probably another week to 10 days before she arrives. So I am thinking March sometime. Dollfactory is selling lots of their petdolls and have rave reviews about ordering direct from the website, so I am not too worried about getting the doll close to when they promised it. We'll see!Shocked

Hope you have a good visit today....I know he will be pleased with all you have done to help out.

I better run to work...have to be there early again. Rolling Eyes Oh, and Happy VD day to you and yours! Hubby says we are going to do our Valentine's "Festival" tonight...*scratching head*
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 am

These are the lashes I got.

Dolls - Page 39 Falseeyelashes

After I get the crystal ball (which shipped a couple days ago so should be soon) I'll put the eyelashes on and take some new pix.

At least in your case you can read seller feedback and know they are providing good service. I was pretty much just taking a chance (since I was willing to do just about anything to get a Wolf) and crossing my fingers. I am encouraged by the fact that they at least send some emails. After what you had to say about your order, I tend to think I am right and that the email today about updating to a new label means they waited for the payment to clear. The timing is right - 9 days.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am

YAY! I just got a reply from Doll Collectible!! She said that there was a problem with the shipping from their site and that packages were stopped at their post office but she didn't know about it until yesterday as they were closed for awhile for the lunar new year. She said it is leaving Japan tomorrow. Funny thing is she said I should get Winda in a few days Laughing Guess she doesn't know how long it really takes to get things from Japan to Sugar Grove!! Razz

I am just so happy to hear back and she was very sweet and apologetic.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:45 am

Pullip for May - Dita

I think she is adorable, but not one that I would get. I think my Daycare girls will love her though! I will show them her pix.

Dolls - Page 39 Dita2

Dolls - Page 39 Dita4
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Woohoo! Glad to hear you got the word about Winda! Sounds like you had good instinct and bought from a good seller! If only she was right about her arriving in 2 days!

Hmmmm...those lashes look tricky! I definitely am anxious to hear what you think about them!

Dita is a very pretty Pullip indeed! Love the way they did her eye make-up, very custom like. Her stock is nice too. I am going to maybe buy Willow a new wig without bangs to give her a new look when I find the right one.

I had the day from hell, I am exhausted and my feet are killing me. I wore the cute shoes that hurt trying to break them in...little did I know I would be the only dietitian covering the entire hospital for the second day this week... I am waiting for hubby to get home with dinner (yes, called and requested that be part of the VD festivities. I am going to have a few glasses of wine with it and go to bed I think...that is how mentally tired I am.

Have a great evening! Most likely won't talk to you again until tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Yes, I am pleased that I heard from her so quickly after I wrote to her this morning.

The lashes were tricky! Mostly because Hestia's eyelids don't move, the lashes come out of them in such a way that there really isn't anything to stick them under. I had to just attach them to the existing lashes. They look very pretty. Subtle change. Especially for Rhian since her hair covers them a bit. They show up more on Isis. If I pull Rhian's hair back they show up really nice and she looks gorgeous! I just know someday I am going to have to redress her. She is far to gorgeous to not "play" with!

I'm sorry to hear that you had another rough day at work Crying or Very sad I hope you enjoy dinner and get a good rest! That is so nice that your hubby is planning "festivities". We aren't doing anything special. Hubby is working on a big project at work and just got in at 8:15 PM. I didn't know what would be going on with my dad. Eric is working and trying to find out if any of his friends were shot at Northern Sad I am so glad Eric didn't start there this year. So Justin and I got some Fridays Southwest egg rolls, popcorn chicken and potato skins and made our own little feast! We saved some for Rob Laughing Eric gets to eat anything he wants for free at Rosati's so he is good! They have LOTS of great food! Wish I could eat there for free!! Twisted Evil

Talk to you tomorrow! Sleep well!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:41 pm

mEda is using a Hestia like my Isis as a coat model!! Doesn't she look great?! Make sure to double click and biggie it!!

http://images.etsy.com/all_images/8/867/e30/il_fullxfull.18460965.jpg
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Ooooh I love that coat on that Hestia! How cool mEda has one now! You get to see how things look on them!

That shooting was at the college that Eric almost went to? That is scary! Shocked affraid How horrible...Glad you get to stay home with Justin and have some goodies together!

Well, I got a second wind... after having some good wine and a nice dinner! I had to show you what my "festivities" were for Valentines! Hubby designed this arrangement and then had a local florist put it together as a tribute to our Italy trip. *sigh* He even painted the big pot and made the clay amphitheater that the Rome picture is on... I am verklempt. Somehow it is the perfect scale for the dolls. Shocked The neat vase on the upper level is a Weller vase I have in my American ARt pottery collection. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice! I almost fell over when he let me see it!

Dolls - Page 39 VD8
Dolls - Page 39 VD6
Dolls - Page 39 VD2
Dolls - Page 39 VD1
Dolls - Page 39 VD3
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Gorgoeus!! How sweet and romantic!! The dolls look great! Looks like you have a lovely home! See, he loves you!!! I am so happy for you!

Northern is the school that Eric WILL be going to for his junior and senior year. DeKalb is only 30 mins. from where we live. He has friends there now. Names have not been released yet of the killed or wounded - but we think everyone he knows is OK.

Yes, I hope mEda has her Hestia model lots of fun things!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks my friend...I knew you would get a kick out of that! Yes, I am a lucky woman. He does'nt go all out often, but when he does, it knocks me out.

I must go to bed now...the second wind is wearing off. I must read more about the campus shootings tomorrow. I really have'nt heard that much about it, just what I read on the MSN web page and what I heard briefly on my way to work today on the radio.

Good night FC! Sleep well, I know I will!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:58 am

Good morning! I hope you had a good sleep and that you have a wonderful day!!

I am going to go visit my dad early afternoon and go to the Jewel to get some meat for Sunday dinner. Tomorrow we are going to order in from Rosati's. Turns out with Eric working there we can get anything we want for half off, except for the seafood! They have lots of great pastas, various types of chicken dinners, a slab of ribs, eggplant parmesan and a great sandwich selection - not to mention the yummy desserts. So we don't just get half off our pizzas. So between being able to get half off our meals at Rosati's and 10% off our grocery bill at the Jewel (where Justin works) I want the boys to keep these jobs for a long time!! Razz

My dad really is like the energizer bunny! He was a little more alert yesterday and he let the nurse put in a Foley and they got plenty of urine. He ate a little more than the day before. He was a MAJOR grump in the morning and wouldn't take any of his meds until 3:00 PM No This roller coaster ride just keeps on going. Wednesday night they tell my mom he may not last until Friday, and then things get better. I don't know what is going on. No urine for days - and then a ton. Retaining a ton of fluid - then a ton comes out. Blood pressure super low on Weds., then back up on Thursday. Lots of trouble breathing - then no trouble. I mean what the heck is going on? One night my mom is crying her eyes out because they say it almost the end, then she is all happy because she thinks he is going to get better. How long does this go on? The highs and lows of emotions are draining.

Talk to ya later!! Peace out Dolls - Page 39 1
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 am

I hear ya about the roller coaster ride...I must day your Dad's course is not typical. Sometimes there is that last surge of energy right before the end though, that can be very deceiving.

That is great that both boys get such great discounts on food! Eggplant parm... yum!!!!

Check out the DZ fox with hair!!!! So cute!
http://cgi.ebay.com/OOAK-DZ-Limited-Fox_W0QQitemZ190199119885QQihZ009QQcategoryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gotta run! Can't wait to see your girls with their new lashes this weekend!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 am

EEEKK! That fox is a hoot! Love the eye color and sparkly shadow! How fun to dress the pet dolls up like that!

I know it is not typical. I am happy he is still hanging in there, yet the "any day now - oops he is better" yo-yo is making me nauseous.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 am

Quote :
I know it is not typical. I am happy he is still hanging in there, yet the "any day now - oops he is better" yo-yo is making me nauseous.
It would be making me nauseous too. I think you may need to talk about this to the Hospice team about how this is making you feel and what this is doing to your mother. Not that they are doing anything wrong, and certainly cannot be expected to predict how long a person has. Like I said, your Dad's case is unusual for sure. But, something needs to change about the way information is being communicated. They are trying to do their best to prepare everyone by letting you know where your Dad is in the process. I think they need to talk more about the ups and downs and any tips on how to handle it, and how to help prevent your mother from building up false hopes during the up times. I am worried what state your mother is going to be in when nature takes its final course...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi!

Hope you had a good day!

I had a really nice day. It was cold but very sunny and calm. Ran to the Jewel by my folks to get some pork tenderloins for dinner Sunday, extra sharp cheddar cheese and French bread. Also I wanted to get some more of the new Loreal Infallible Lip Gloss. Have you tried it yet? It is so nice. Stays on well and some really pretty colors.

Then I stopped in to visit my dad while Eric took my mom to a doc appointment (he doesn't have any classes on Friday). Though dad was weak he did talk to me a lot. We visited for 2 1/2 hours. He truly cannot eat. He tried so hard to eat some of the nice break I brought and could only get a few bites in him. But he seemed better than on Weds. and they are getting a lot of urine in the Foley bag. I said to the nurse "so, are his kidneys failing or what?" and she said they just don't know what is going on with him.

My beautiful crystal came today and it is just perfect for Rhian to hold! Maybe I will get some pix tomorrow! I will have to hunt around and see if I have any material that would make a nice background for the pix. I have not had the chance to go to Joann's. Maybe next week.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:32 pm

My guess is your Dad's renal insufficiency may be getting a little worse, but if he is still making that much urine, it is not end stage. The inability to empty his bladder is a fairly common problem with elderly people and does'nt have anything to do with his kidneys. The not being able to eat is a sign that things are progressing. I hope your mom isn't trying to force him too much. I know that part is really hard for people to let go of trying to feed your sick loved one. He will most likely get sick if he tried to eat anyway if his GI function is shutting down...that does happen at the very end.

Yes, you must take a photo with the girls and the crystal and the new lashes of course!

I have'nt tried the Infallible lip gloss yet. I don't like things that have a strong smell or taste though, so don't use a lot of their products. I do use the Lip fushion lip pumping glosses you get from Sephora...they rock!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:35 am

I love that doll you posted a pic of with the burgundy red hair. I couldn't find it just now. I am thinking of getting a tint of burgundy in my hair . Not a lot. Is that infallible good? I almost picked up some. I have used that Covergirl outlast for years. I love it. My husband got me some new perfume for valentines day , Stella Mccartney. It smells so good.

FC I think of you and your Dad daily.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:40 am

Good morning!

Hi Aerwin! Glad to see you are still stopping by! Thanks for keeping Dad and me in your thoughts. We appreciate that. I think you are talking about the new doll that Luca posted about 4 pages back with the really long burgundy hair. That is a great color! Go for it!! I will have to check out the Stella McCartney fragrance.

Yes, I really like the Infallible, and Luca it has no taste at all. The colors are just really pretty - especially the ones that look frosted in the bottle. I don't think they stay on as long as the commercial says, but it stays on longer than any other I have worn and some of it is still on after eating a meal and drinking - more than my usual lipstick. I will have to check out the Cover Girl Outlast. I am very fussy about the colors because I only wear light lipstick or gloss. The darker shades just don't work for me - at least not IMO.

Thanks for your medical knowledge input Luca. Mom called about 10:00 PM last night wanting me to spend today calling around about crematoriums. The local funeral home doesn't do them (we just found that out yesterday) and she wants to know who to call when he passes. She seemed fearful of his body being left in the house too long or something. I guess that will freak her out. Yet she also doesn't want him taken too far from home to have it done. There is one in their old town of Lombard. The VA does it all for a wonderful discount for the Vets, but they state they pick the body up and their convenience Shocked What does THAT mean? scratch So I will be on the phone a lot today. All of a sudden she is in a panic about it because once again the Supervising Hospice nurse came (after I left yesterday) and assured my mom it is very soon. I'm sure it could be, but man they have been saying that since Dec. 16th. So who knows.

On to happier news - I got the shipping email notice from Doll Collectible and Winda started on her journey home yesterday! I am happy to have confirmation of her being shipped, but a little bummed that it took 12 days after I paid for her for her to actually depart. I know things happen, and I am just so pleased to know that 2 weeks from today she should be here!

Have a great Saturday ladies! See ya later!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:11 pm

I don't blame your Mom about not wanting your Dad's body left around for too long after he passes...that would freak me out I think. I have only seen a few dead bodies in my life and it just isn't the person that you knew anymore IMO. The spirit leaves and it is just a body. Hope you find a place that provides prompt service when the time comes...

Good news about Winda being on her way! That is kind of a drag it has taken 12 days from when the order was placed, but hey, better late then never! I don't have a clue what is happening with my order, but maybe they have to make the doll. *shrugs* They do give the disclaimer that it will be 3 weeks after payment before the order is shipped, so at least I know the expected timeframe. I ordered her on 2/7 so it has only been a little over a week...it always seems like an eternity does'nt it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Well, we have decided to go with The VA. Seems like they do a great job and really take care of everything. We are leaning toward a gorgeous Cherry Wood urn! My father was a furniture maker on the side and has such a wonderful appreciation for fine wood. Some day I should just take pix of all the pieces in my house that he made for us and post them for you to see!

He is in a FOUL mood today!! He wants everyone to leave him alone. Won't eat a thing. Doesn't want any noise and has asked God to take him today. Now the weird thing, I have an antique clock in my office that was my folks (they gave it to me when we moved here and I got my own office) It is wind up and when I wound it up this afternoon it wouldn't start. It just won't tick anymore. Hands aren't moving. Feels like a sign. I know it isn't, but it feels like one.

I took a couple of quick pix of Isis and Rhian and they are blurry. I swear there is something wrong with that old camera - can't be me!!

I'll post them, but I will try to take better ones soon.

Be back later!

ETA: Here are some crappy pix for you Rolling Eyes Man, I need a good camera or something.

Dolls - Page 39 IM002078

Dolls - Page 39 IM002079

Dolls - Page 39 IM002080

Dolls - Page 39 IM002085

Dolls - Page 39 IM002084

Dolls - Page 39 IM002086
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Hey, the photos got clearer as you took them! Wink From the last two, it looks like the lashes look really great and help close the eyes a bit to make them look less surprized!
It looks like you are moving the camera when you are taking the shots. Somtimes I find it helpful to sit or kneel down and put my elbow down on a table or something to help me steady the camera.

I took some photos today of Mal with his new eyes in his Mardi Gras costume...is he cute or what? These are a different brand of eyes than the last kind I got and a little harder to photograph... Neutral
Dolls - Page 39 Mardipose
[Dolls - Page 39 Malmardig1
Dolls - Page 39 Malmardigras

Sorry your Dad is not doing well..but, it sounds like he is ready to go. I really don't blame him. He does'nt have much quality of life left. I would love to see all the woodwork projects he made sometime.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Hey! I like that pink fabric you are using for your background! Where did you find that?

I got that other outfit I ordered with the cape for Mohana. The purple cloak is really fab and long...really dramatic. I don't know if I want to try it on Pru or not...I know it will look really good on her and Mo may never get it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Maybe, but I never used to shake the camera so much Shocked

That is actually a black top! Yes black. I have NO idea why it looks pink confused It is very black. I did have it hung over a lamp that was on - so maybe that did it. I was happy it looked pink though. When I am not so rushed I will take more pix. I still think when Rob takes it to work he changes the settings and I don't know how to fix them.

Mal looks adorable!! I love his eyes.

Oh, try it on Pru so I can see it!

I will take pix of the furniture my dad made.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:36 pm

That fabric is black???? Your kidding! Wow, that is a cool transformation with the light I guess! Yes, I would like you to try to take some more shots tomorrow, if you feel like it.

Ok, I will put Pru in the outfit tomorrow and see how she looks in it. I have this sinking feeling she is going to take it for herself... No I still have'nt really figured out what kind of clothes will suit Mohana the best.
She is going to be an elf/witch adventurer so she needs clothes that have attitude, but fit with that theme. I think she is going to be cute/sexy so will need some form fitting witchy, elf costumes...where the heck I am going to get those I have no idea. I am kind of gun shy about dealing with people on the BJD doll forums...the last gal I spoke to about some commisions just fell off the face of the earth after giving me some prices on some items I wanted made. Never got back to me again...so won't deal with her or she has chosen not to deal with me. Who knows! Question
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:48 pm

That is too bad about the gal not getting back to you Crying or Very sad I know how disappointing that can be. It is a hard decision to take chances with people on the net. Like me ordering Winda. There was no way to check feedback on the site. You just end up taking chances in the doll world. I am sure you will find the perfect clothes for Mohana - you always do. Your since of style and fashion is amazing. You have such an eye for all of this.

Pru WILL look amazing in the new dress! We already know this. Is Pru demanding like Didi's girls Laughing She has her hands full with that bunch!

I will be pretty busy tomorrow. I'm gonna start the day with reading the Sunday paper, some housework, visit my dad and cook a nice Sunday dinner. But, I will try to find some time for pic taking.

Have a good sleep!

TTY tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: