Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Shit! Another round of snow tomorrow Mad We could get 5 inches between tomorrow afternoon and Tues morning. God, I am sick of this! Really cold all week too. Gee Lord, give us a break!

I found a really pretty and good size Pegaus tonight on ebay express. It is 13 inches tall, but it is plush. I'd rather it not be plush. Who would have thought they would be so hard to find scratch
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I know! I found a horse for Mohana that Target carries, but of course they don't carry it at my store so I would have to order it. It is 20 inches tall which is perfect, but it is 29.00 + shipping! No I hate to spend that when I will probably use it for one or two photoshoots, then it will just sit on the shelf gathering dust. I am not crazy about the big plastic kind either. There is a brand that is made for a doll by the name of My Twin that has hair like stuff on it that is nice looking, but they are too big.

I think about 14-15 inches tall would be about the perfect size for your girls. I guess you could see how big the barbie horses are and base the size on those.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 am

Good morning!

Yeah, I will have to go re-read some of the auction descriptions of the Barbie horses. My plan was to have it on the shelf with them for display so money spent would not be a waste. I still don't want to spend much, but since it will be on display it has to be a nice one - not plastic. I may just get a smaller one that I really like just so I have one on the shelf with them. It's really just going to be a part of "their theme" and if it is not exactly the right size as in "real life" I can live with that. I'll tell everyone it is a pony Pegasus Razz

Have a great day! sunny

ETA: Barbie horses are 13 inches tall.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Well, I forgot to tell you that I asked the Dollfactory folks if Mohana has mini fangs and they said no! I had to get a kick out of how good their English is or at least how good the person who is answering questions online's is! Must have just been the photo. I was cool with her either way.
I will probably paint her nails on the extra hands black like it shows on the photo...that makes her more witchy like don't you think? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi!

Yes, she will be awesome with the black nails!! None of my dolls have nails long enough that I would feel comfortable trying to paint them. I thought the little fangs would be cool, but she is going to be gorgeous and amazing either way! I'm glad that you are having good communications with the doll company!

Did you read about the new things going on with ebay? They will take a higher percentage of the sales and you can't leave negative feedback Shocked I'm glad I am finding other places to get dolls besides ebay. That is upsetting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 pm

My understanding is the change is that sellers will not be able to leave negative feedback anymore for buyers. If you have had bad experience from a seller you can still leave negative feedback. It just kind of sucks if you have a buyer that flakes out on you, you have no recourse...

Glad my biggie auction is done! I guess the higher fees for sellers is causing some uproar. I did'nt read closely about how the charges will be going up, but I read they were going down for sellers...guess I did'nt read that part carefully enough. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm glad your big auction is through too!

I'm just getting the info from a thread at PS. I could go bring the info over in awhile. I am glad that the buyers can still leave negative feedback because I think they are more at risk. The sellers don't ship until they have their payment. The buyers have to pay before hand and wait - it's much scarier for the buyer. I worry about it all the time. Even with buying Winda. The seller has had my money for over a week and I have no way of knowing when I will get Winda. I'll be on pins and needles until she gets here. I'm not getting her from ebay, I know nothing about the site, just that she had Wolf! I can't check any feedback for this place. You just got to hope it all goes smoothly!

Here it is!

Okay, so for those of you who buy and sell regularly on Ebay, you probably already know this, but I thought it would be worth sharing.

Looks like ebay are trying to push their smaller sellers off the market.

New Policy changes that were announced at the end of January mean that the Initial Listings fee is going to be reduced.

All well and good, you might originally think.

HOWEVER!

They are also increasing the Final Value Fee by about 66% from %5.25 to %8.75. (EDIT: Sorry, that should be an increase of between %33 and %66)
This means that overall, if you manage to sell your item, Ebay WILL take an extra chunk of that. In addition, sellers will no longer be able to leave negative feedback, leaving them open to all sorts of abuse from bad buyers and scammers.

As if this wasn;t bad enough, there is also the proposition that Paypal will hold payment from sellers for a maximum of 21 days, and all the while this accrues interest for Paypal. So whilst the buyer receives their items, the seller still has not received their money, and thus is at a loss for a good while.

It will also become harder for sellers to maintain their Power Seller title if a certain percentage of feedback is not positive.

Quite frankly, I think is is all ridiculous. WHO MADE EBAY WHAT IT IS TODAY?!

Thats right. The Sellers.

There is a boycott of Ebay in which participants refuse to buy or sell on Ebay, taking place from the 18th- 25th of Feb. I urge as many people as possible to join this cause.

A message needs to be sent, to let the corporate executives know that this is something that WILL NOT STAND.
Please let as many people know as you can, and take a minute to look at some of these links and petitions.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7816169769 - Facebook event group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MtVPuU9-Q - Youtube Video and Discussion- worth reading.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=1000636290&start=4360 - ebay thread, though be warned, several sellers have been barred through this.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/no/- Flickr group- links to several news stories and videos in discussions.
http://community.livejournal.com/bad_dolly_deals/167800.html- Post on Bad Dolly Deals.

Please take amoment to sign these petitions, even if you're not a seller. Think about the effect its going to have on the Doll Community. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/690244098

http://www.petitiononline.com/FVF/petition.html

COMMENTS WELCOME! PLEASE ADD YOUR OPINION OR VOICE, EITHER WAY!

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks for the clarification on this! Sounds like Ebay is going to lose some sellers on that one and it is really too bad. That is a major increase in fees for sellers, but I only read the first part about cheaper listing fees, not about the increased fees on the back end. Paypal is great in that you don't have to disclose your credit card numbers, but I have had to wait up to 10 days for the money to clear with overseas sales. It really is an easy solution for that though...you just don't ship the merchandise until the funds clear. That is how it is done and Ebay cannot force you to ship an item when the payment has'nt cleared.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:46 am

I wonder if that is why the site I bought Winda from says 2 to 4 weeks. Maybe they wait for the Pay-Pal payment to clear. I never sold anything on ebay - guess I never will now.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:04 am

If you bought from a Chinese seller, I know they shut down their businesses for 1-2 weeks because of Chinese New Year. I think maybe other Asian countries celebrate something similar too? *scratches head*

Gotta run....off to work! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:31 am

Hope you have a great day at work!

I know the seller was Japanese. It says it's in Japan and the name my payment went to is Japanese.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi!

Hope you had a good day! Mine was busy with little ones!

Guess what? I was on PS and a poster from Sweden was looking for info on finding Hestias!! She saw some pix on Flickr and wants some. I posted the link to the site in Japan I ordered Winda from. She is looking for that Pink and Blue Service though and can't find them anywhere. I told her I can't find them anywhere either. But she also wants "Red" and I told her that that site has her. Sadly, Shana came into the thread and edited out the link to the site because they also sell Pullips. Oops Embarassed At least it was there long enough for Rosse to get it. I guess I was suppose to PM it to her. I was just so excited to see someone else there who wants Hestias!

There is a poster there who put a deposit on one of those American BJDs - like the blonde one I was interested in. She finally got her and she is so beautiful!! It was 6 months from deposit to getting the doll Shocked Man, that is one heck of a loooooong wait! She has a black wig and she named her Juno! The doll looks like Ellen Page! The doll's name is Rumor. There is a seller on ebay selling her for $149 with eyes, wig and clothes!! Oh to have more $$$$$ Crying or Very sad Damn, this addiction!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Hmmm, I will have to go check out Juno! That was good you were able to share the Hestia info with that gal from Sweden. It does really surprize me that they did'nt catch on with more people. But, when you look at us, it did take us a while to come to fully appreciate them.

Check this out! Some of the really creative doll owners over at DOA make there own BJD's and here is a fine example! They hand sculpt the mold from clay and then pour resin into them and voila!...They usually sell them, but ask a small fortune because it is a one woman show.
Dolls - Page 38 Horsey003
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:16 pm

WOW! That is amazing! I cannot even imagine the work and talent that takes. The hooves are breathtaking!

Juno!

Dolls - Page 38 Juno

Dolls - Page 38 Juno2

The one on ebay has a red wig - long with bangs and beautiful brown eyes. The outfit sucks, but $159 shipped.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Wow, Juno is very cool-love the name too!! Very beautiful face and make-up! What is wrong with the outfit that one on Ebay comes with?

Shocked

ETA: I saw the fug outfit. I see what you mean! Twisted Evil She is very cute though. I looks like she has a little girl body.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:24 am

Here is her body. I think it may be a young girl body. I could live with that. I love their faces. The ones at $160 are vinyl. I can live with that too Laughing They are 15 1/2 inches tall. The resin ones are $310 nude with no wig.

Dolls - Page 38 Nude

I will be gone most of today. Running some errands, going to see my dad, take my mom to the grocery store, etc. At least it is sunny today!! Very cold. A high of 20 but with wind chills of -13. We got 3 more inches of snow yesterday Mad I am so sick of snow and super cold! I have never wanted a spring to come faster than I do this year. I usually do not hate winter, in fact I often love it, but this winter has just totally sucked!

Hope you have a beautiful day! sunny flower

ETA: LUCA LOOK!!! Wouldn't Mal looking amazing in this??!!! How freaking adorable!

Dolls - Page 38 Petsuit

Dolls - Page 38 Petsuit2

Remeber the seller who was selling a Ribon March with the extra outfit? Well, there were no bids and she is now relisted with a starting bid of $44.99 and only $8.95 shipping. If no one bids on her one could get her for under $55!! Shipped! Am I heartsick that I paid $122? A bit. But who would have thought this deal would come around. I swear for that price I am tempted to get her just to have a "Rhian" to dress up!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 am

I would'nt call that a young girl body with those tata's! Laughing I could'nt tell from the photo on Ebay with that little girl style outfit on!

Yes, I saw that outfit and almost got it for Mal, but it was 28.00 and 12.00 shipping! No

I bet the bidding goes higher on that Ribbon March... You are getting Winda to dress and undress are'nt you! Shocked I wonder if she will be arriving in a week or so?

Have a great day my laydee! I know it seems like winter will never be over, but in a month Spring will be here and we can take dollie photos outside again! cheers I am excited about doing some woodsie elf shoots with Mo outside and with the Spring flowers!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:43 am

Yes, she has some tatas - but at The American BJD site most of them are shown in what appears to be school type clothes or very young type outfits. I think I read that they are suppose to be 15? But maybe that was another doll. I read about so many.

Yes, Winda will be my redress one. But Rhian is seriously gorgeous and I am so tempted to see her in other gowns etc. I won't get her. Hey, maybe if she doesn't sell this time she will start the bidding even lower!

When you have time, could you show me a photo of Pru next to one of your Pullips? I would like to see the difference. Just whenever you get the chance. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:55 am

Will do that for you Thursday if I get home before the sun goes down or this weekend!

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks!!

I didn't have any luck at Wal-Mart. No Unicorns at all. No Rhianna CD either! Razz Not a good shopping day. They did have a nice bag of dark chocolate Lindt in a Valentine bag that I got for my dad. He loves them. But, I do not know if he will get to eat any. He has no appetite. In fact he was very, very bad today. The Hospice nurse and I spoke alone together. She says his time is very limited. Even with a catheter - no urine. The bowels aren't working either. He has become very withdrawn. He doesn't want to sit-up or talk to anyone. She said that is a sign of letting go. He just laid there with his eyes closed, listening to me. He opened them a couple times. He thanked me for everything. We kissed good-bye. A much different visit than we all had with him Sunday Crying or Very sad She told me to be prepared for a call at anytime. I will be shocked if he bounces back at all this time around. The nurse said he had a very good life and he doesn't want to leave it. She also said he is very angry about what has happened to him. Well, we knew that. He never let go of the anger from the first amputation. It only got worse with the second one. I swear it was that anger that caused the heart attack. I know it all seems so unfair to him, being that he was such a good and religious man, but there is just so much unfairness in the world. Who can ever explain it?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:40 pm

It sounds like things have definitely changed. If his kidneys and bowels are not working, it is best he not eat. His body is telling him not to and that is how it all progresses. How beautiful the way the nurse put it. He has had a beautiful life and does not want to leave it. Even though holding on to the anger may have been stressful for your Dad, I also think in a way, the anger about what happenned is what kept him going for as long as he has. His feistiness and strength of spirit made him such a fighter. I know it is human nature to question why God would do this to him when he was a good catholic and such a good man.

None of us come out of this life alive though...whether we are lucky enough to pass quietly in our sleep when we are 85 or get hit by a truck when we are 25. It is amazing how we fool ourselves into thinking it won't happen to us...that is the only way we are taught to deal with dying I guess. I know your Dad has suffered greatly this last year of his life, but I think you just have to focus now on how lucky he was to have so many wonderful years, and that you got to say good bye and all the other things you wanted to say. So many families don't get that opportunity. That was God's grace that he bestowed on your Dad and your family.

I am here for you my friend... I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks for all you kind words. Are you a strong believer in God? Personal question I know. This all has me thinking about "the afterlife". Wish I knew what becomes of our soul. Where my dad will really be.

I have called my daycare moms and I am taking tomorrow off to spend time with my dad. My mom called during American Idol and they told her tonight that they really believe it's just a couple days at the most. I know we heard that before - almost 9 weeks ago. But it seems very real now. He did eat some apple pie and ice cream about an 90 mins. ago. He loves apple pie. We picked out a Dutch Apple pie at the Jewel today and some vanilla ice cream. Glad he got to have some of that. Gosh, I really am prepared for this, and yet I feel like there is a huge weight on my head and shoulders. Not figuratively, but I really feel this heavy weight.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I can't say I am of strong faith. But, I was raised Catholic and some of it will always be with me. I believe that there are forces of good and evil, and that it is important to believe in whatever gives you comfort and purpose in this life. Call it "God" or whatever. Will you have a Priest come while he is still conscious?

The fact that he is still eating makes me think he definitely may indeed have a few more days or so yet, but I know things change very quickly when the organs start shutting down and it can all change in 24 hours.

Watching your loved one pass must be the heaviest weight in the world to carry. I have not watched it with anyone that I love yet, other than with animals. I have dealt with death of friends and family, but indirectly, not like you have experienced.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your feelings. Being raised Catholic also - yes, some of it does stick with you, even when science confuses those issues.

We had a prist there last week. He has been to see my dad several times since all of this happened. We will probably call him again.

The little piece of pie and ice cream was all he ate today. If you knew my dad eating was a BIG deal with him! Laughing The man loved to eat. Going out to lunch and dinner was his fave past time. I love going out to dinner too!

I have lost many relatives, family friends, and neighbors, but no one I have been this close to. I am trying to imagine how life is going to be with out "going to see dad, calling dad, baking for dad, etc." It's going to take some time to realize he is really gone because he has just always been there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:21 am

Good morning! Happy Valentine's Day to you and hubby! I love you

Well, I was all excited to see an email from Doll Collectible this morning thinking it was a shipping notice. Instead it was letting me know my order had been updated to "Labeled" scratch Well, the email I got Feb 5th said it was updated to "Labeled" scratch But the label number is different now. I don't know what that all means so I sent an email asking for an explanation and when would she ship. I don't know if I will hear back. I never heard back when I sent a message asking for help in how to order and pay. I ended up just winging it. So I'll let you know if I hear back. Needless to say if she hasn't shipped yet she won't be here next week. I am wondering if the first label was about putting her on hold until the Pal-Pal payment cleared and than the new one means it cleared. I can't think of anything else.

I forgot to tell you I got some eyelashes yesterday for my Hestias. They are those little individual groups. I think they will work better than the regular ones. I look forward to trying them out. Don't think I will get around to that today though. I am doing some laundry and I'm going to get out all my folks bills and balance his checkbook. Then I will go over to see him and I can let him know all is in order. That always pleases him.

Hope you have a good day and get home before the sun goes down!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: