Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acting

Go down 
+3
firecracker
frazzle
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 9:34 pm

GE, I'm with ya.
I don't know how some people can have a full time job and also do anything creative, especially writing.

I am just soooo glad you had the time and space to write your script. Your writing (just from posts) has always made me know you were gonna be a contendah. You rock, GE, AND your eyes are actually green. What a combo.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks, Frazz. You've always been one of my biggest supporters. You're very encouraging and it's nice to hear from someone (not family) who says you can write, especially from someone I respect, who has also been a part of the business.

I really needed the time and space to write the script. My last job took all of my energy until I was way too spent to get my creative juices flowing. I'm glad since I told everyone that if I didn't have to spend so much time at an office job, I could get some writing done, that I now have proof this was a true statement.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that my friend, who said we would both enter the contest, could not finish her script in time because she is currently in a high-powered executive position.

I am lucky that I've found a way to pay the bills without sitting in an office and gives me the time to write.

If you're not doing what you love, it ain't easy.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:40 am

I think it's great that you're doing what you love and what you should be doing Green Eyez. Not trying to be nosy, but what do you do to pay the bills instead of being in an office (I don't like offices either). Try being in one filled with arrogant, pompous lawyers. I did that for about 5 years; yuck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:49 am

I was wondering the same thing. What do you ladies do when not writng and acting?

I didn't like office work either. I did it for many years. I quit work to be a stay at home mom. When my youngest was 3, I decided that taking care of children was what made me the happiest, so I got a daycare license and opened "Deb's Lil' Darlins". I'll probably do this until I am old and gray!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:25 am

GE I am very happy for you. I hope we get to see your movie soon . The script sounds great. Then maybe we will se Frazz on tv.
I used to act years ago. I did ton of Summer Stock , Shakespeare, etc. My favorite role was Magenta in the Rocky Horror show. I loved it. I still have really good friends from those days that I treasure. Then I settled down and live on a farm. I love animals so I am very happy . But I still love theatre , movies, celebs , etc.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 9:11 am

Deb's Lil Darlins is an adorable name.

aerwin, that's cool that you got a chance to try acting. Sounds like fun. Wish I could do that. But it's not for me; I am WAY too self-conscious. I was an extra in Friday Night Lights a few months ago (a friend and I thought it would be fun), and I felt SO awkward.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 am

Thanks Austin! I used to have the cutest business cards too with little boys and girls having a tea party and playing with blocks. I have run out of them. Someday I will have to get more.

If I tried to act I would get every Raspberry Award there is! I had a hard enough time giving speeches in school affraid
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 10:17 am

I once almost fainted during a presentation in 11th grade. I had to excuse myself IN THE MIDDLE and go to the restroom so I could breathe for a minute.

The first time I was a bridesmaid I almost fainted DURING THE CEREMONY. We were standing and I started getting clammy and pale with a green hue. The I started rocking back and forth. Someone noticed and grabbed a chair for me to sit in. Very embarrassing. For the next wedding I was in, I was terrified because of that, but the bridesmaids actually sat after they walked down the aisle.

My own wedding was a number of years later, so maybe I had grown out of it a little bit. Although I was still so nervous that I was snapping at everybody. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:26 pm

Austin, I dogsit (doing it right now). I stay in nice houses and take care of people's dogs. It pretty much stemmed from one woman who worked with my mom and found out I did it on occassion. Then other people she worked with asked me. Then their friends and family...until I had a thriving business. They do guard me protectively. One lady was in a petstore and she mentioned that she had a good petsitter. This lady gave her card and said to call her with my number (she lied and said she didn't have it with her) and then threw the card away! I didn't mind. I have enough clients and I don't like sitting for total strangers.

Aerwin, wow! I don't know how you made that transition. I'd go totally crazy. You know that song "you belong to the city"? That's me. I'm a city girl though-and-through. I want to live on a pretty tree-lined street, but there'd better be everyhing I need within a few miles of where I live. One time my friend and I moved into an apartment and a freeway was just a few yards away. Both of us being ex-New Yorkers, we agreed it was like the sound of the ocean. I have a friend from the South who loves silence and crickets. That would drive me bananas.

The only kind of acting I can do is voiceover. Not done professionally, but have auditioned. The lady who ran the school recommended me.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Dogsitting sounds cool. I wish I had someone reliable to do it for me.
It wasn't that hard for me to transition. I have a kid and a nice husband who btw took care of me all weekend. I live only a little over an hour from Atlanta. So I can go to concerts and such there. We get all the really good rock acts there so it's nice.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:47 pm

aerwin, do you live towards Athens or in another direction? I used to fantasize about going to Athens and checking it out. I was a major R.E.M. fan years and years ago.

When we were driving back to Texas from a trip 2 summers ago, I was driving on the Interstate towards Atlanta. There was an exit for Athens to the east. Opposite direction to where we were going. Everyone was asleep. I was very tempted to make a stop there, but it would have been a couple hours out of the way. Plus Michael Stipe was probably in NY.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:17 pm

Athens is 40 miles South of me. What a wonderful place. You should visit there if you can. great music , theatre, food. Michael Stipe is still there some. He is a great human being does a lot for the community. Did you see him sing at R&R hall of fame singing with Eddie Vedder? It was so good I wept.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:13 am

aerwin, cool that you were (and at heart must still be, by difinition) an actor!

I just got back from my Thursday night acting class. They do make it hard by only putting up people's first names on the board for the scenes going up that night, to know who these young stars are until you do a scene with them.

I went out for drinks (two beers...not seven) after class with a bunch of people. As I was leaving a VERY YOUNG man stopped me and said something about thinking I was cool. I dissed him, thinking he was some young asshole drunk from the bar. He told me he was in my class (though he hadn't done a scene recently).

I felt utterly mortified for being so rude, tried to apologize, but dissed is dissed, and he would not, on the spot, forgive me.

Actors are very, very, sensitive, and fucked up people.

I know this. I will try to pick him out of the crowd in class next week and apologize again.

And if he doesn't warm up then? I will have to diss him again.

As I said, actors are sensitive and fucked up, regardless of age.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:33 am

Bummer that happened Frazz. I'm sure they all think you are cool because you are! I bet you can win him over again! Sounds like this class is going to be very interesting indeed!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Awwww...Frazz. I hope he gets over his bruised ego and forgives you.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:46 pm

TRIPLE POST? I think I had a computer glitch. I hadn't seen this one. Since I can't delete it and I put the post with substance below...mooooving on...

Last edited by on Sat May 05, 2007 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Oops. Double post. OK...say something else...

One time I said something rather cutting to this guy I knew. I apologized profusely and it never happened again.

Months went by and he bought it up again. I said, "I felt really bad for what I said and I apologized for that. It's never happened again. If you're still holding onto it, it's your problem."

I saw him that night and he told me I was right.

Then again, he wasn't an actor...I was also wondering if he might be someone I know.

My friend who works at Sony sat and talked to Josh Hartnett for a 1/2 hour and had no idea it was him until later.

Last edited by on Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 5:02 pm

Fraz, Was this very young actor anyone we have seen on TV or anything?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:51 pm

I don't know his full name and his face was not recognizable (part of why I assumed he was just some stupid young man) to me.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:32 pm

Here is my new scene partner for acting class.

Ed Finlay
Acting - Page 2 Edfinlayir1

He is adorable as a human, calls me Sweetie, and told me he hoped we'd get a sex scene (see what I mean about actors???)

But we are doing Requiem for A Dream...I am his diet pill hopped up mom and he is my heroin addicted son.

Requiem for a Dream, Roger Ebert Review
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 pm

WOWZA! yeah, I doubt there will be a sex scene! I know that movie. It's messed up!

I would love to see that! Ellen Burstyn played in the original, right? I'm sure you'll be amazing!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:11 pm

Yep, Ellen Burstyn played it in the movie, beautifully.

That said, I hope to blast the bitch out of the water on this one.

Eh hum, just speaking professionally.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 11:29 pm

You are so funny Frazzle! Blast away my laydee, as I'm sure you will!

Quote :
Here is my new scene partner for acting class.

Ed Finlay
Dayummm, there are definite perks in being an actress... Is Ed a good actor as well as being easy on the eyes?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 am

I have seen Ed do two scenes now...and I would say that he is good enough to get jobs...but a year from now, after doing the class we are in, he will be a whole lot better. In other words, his looks and his personal charm have gotten him where he is so far, but the fact that he is even IN this class, means he wants to go for the big stuff.

I am hoping I can ride his coattails as he moves up. Cuz I really would be great casting as his mom!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 am

Holy Crap!!! He is gooooooooooooorgeous!!!!!! I hope you get lots of homework in that class!! I'd even do extra credit!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Acting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting   Acting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acting
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Acting/Writing/Movies/TV shows-
Jump to: