Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dance Wars

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Hey, is anyone watching this besides me???
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 pm

I'm watching!!! So, who do you like? Do you know who Zack is? He is Julianne Hough's(from Dancing With the Stars) ex-fiance. He can dance, he can sing, and he's nice eye candy! There is a lot of talent on this show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 am

You're kidding! How funny! Zack is one of my faves! I don't know them all by name yet. I actually really liked the guy that got let go Sad There sure is a lot of talent! Later I will have to find a site with all their names and let you know who my faves are. I am so glad you are watching. It is a fun show!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:47 am

I liked the guy they let go too, but with the last three standing I knew he would be going.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 am

I thought so too, but I was kinda hoping the blond guy would be the one to go. I just didn't have all that much interest in him, even though his voice was good. I knew, and was glad, the black guy was picked! He is beautiful and a great singer. Sorry I do not know the names yet. I don't really like to refer to him as "the black guy" Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:03 am

I watched some of it last night. I think the guys are heaps more talented than the girls on the whole...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 am

I so agree with that Lau, but I also think for the most part they gave the girls some crappy songs to sing. The boys had much better music to preform to IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:39 am

firecracker wrote:
I thought so too, but I was kinda hoping the blond guy would be the one to go. I just didn't have all that much interest in him, even though his voice was good. I knew, and was glad, the black guy was picked! He is beautiful and a great singer. Sorry I do not know the names yet. I don't really like to refer to him as "the black guy" Embarassed

His name was Qis??? Or something very close to that spelling. I was surprised Carrie didn't select him sooner, because she was quite taken with him. I did like the blond guy (Philip, I think).
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:41 am

Yeah, as of now, I think the guys are more talented. Charity (I think) seems really talented for the girls. How does this show work anyway? Will they end up with just one winner???
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 am

That's what I wonder scratch Drew said next week America gets to choose, so I assume they will be elimated one by one. I think I am going to go look that show up and see what I can find out!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:18 am

Here we go!

Quote :
About the Show
Six-week series premiering January 7, 2008, from 8:00-10:00 p.m., ET

Dancing with the Stars judges and renowned choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba will put their reputations on the line as they search for America's most talented amateur performers - who can both dance and sing -- in a massive nationwide hunt. They'll create two rival teams and battle it out on the dance floor to form the ultimate performance group, on Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann, premiering MONDAY, JANUARY 7, 2008 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Pop sensation and Dancing with the Stars Season Two champion Drew Lachey hosts the six-week primetime reality series.

After the audition show, Dance War goes live with the top 12 contestants divided into two teams. Captains Tonioli and Inaba will mentor their teams through spectacularly-themed song and dance numbers ranging from Latin to Pop and Country. The fate of the teams is in the hands of viewers who will vote for their favorite group each week. The captain of the lowest scoring team -- whether it be Bruno or Carrie Ann -- will face the dilemma of having to choose one of their performers for elimination. The champions will win a life changing prize - they'll go on tour as the opening act for a major performing artist and a chance to start a thrilling career as part of a brand new all-dancing, all-singing act.

John Hesling is executive producer and Moira Ross is co-executive producer. Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann is produced for ABC by BBC Worldwide Productions, and is based on the BBC's format DanceX.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Well, that kind of sucks that you have to vote for one TEAM or the other TEAM. I guess it gives more control to the actual judges. So far I'm leaning towards Bruno's team..................
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Yeah, it is not the best idea for a show. It will still be fun watching the kids though. They are talented. I think I am voting for the team with Zack Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:55 pm

Twisted Evil That would be Bruno's team!!! He is definitely one I want to watch!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Cool! We will be rooting for the same team!! Bruno cracks me up anyway. I do like Carrie Ann too. She is so beautiful and seems really sweet.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:28 am

Hey Sky, what did you think of the show last night? I really felt that Carrie Ann's group's first number was dull and didn't show much of their dance ability. As much as I like "Call Me", I didn't think the vocals were all that great on the song. I do like Marisol and Qis (SP?) though. I do think that Bruno's group did better last night. I feel sorry for Bruno and Carrie Ann having to be the ones to send the kids home. I would not like to be in that position at all. Did you vote? I didn't. I got a phone call a little after the show was over and completely forgot Mad I was going to vote on-line. I will need to remember next week!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:26 pm

I had every intention to vote....I came online and then completely zoned out and forgot. I would have voted for Bruno's team. He made a good point about Carrie's team, in that their dance was not enough dance! I agree. Vocals weren't so good for Carrie's team either, at least for the girls. I'm still liking Zach! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Well, it is going to be one of those shows that makes me teary every week Crying or Very sad I do feel for these kids on all these types of shows.

I really think this week is a tough call. I like the first number for each team a lot. I didn't are for Carrie Ann's group's second number too much and Bruno's team's second number was just alright for me. It will be interesting to see what happens next week and if one team has two less than the other how that will effect the over look of the numbers.

I didn't think either person who had to sing in the "sing off" tonight was good solo, but they sounded good together. I think they were very nervous. Poor dears.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:03 pm

I really think Bruno's team was better last week. I hate to say it, but I think Carrie's was better tonight. The last two girls did not sound good at all solo, it was almost painful to listen to, but together they sounded okay. I think they were singing in too low of a key, but...what do I know? Rolling Eyes I'm glad Bruno sees the talent in Phillip more now. I still don't understand how this is going to play out. What happens if the same team loses every week? It's not going to be an equal performance show? I guess we hope that doesn't happen?
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 am

I watched this for the first time last night. I thought, overall, the dancing was pretty good and the singing was pretty awful. I could not listen to more than a chorus of the singout for either girl. I see why Bruno put them on the block.

It appears to be an hour long program with content that could be easily done in half an hour, so every single comment made by the judges was deeply padded; I was really aware of that when Bruno was explaining who he was going to keep and who was going to stay. He was having to stretch for time, because Bruno does not normally have that much trouble expressing himself. He is naturally a fast talker.

On the whole, it kept my interest while I was working out on a stairmaster, but I don't know if I could watch it without multitasking.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:28 am

True, it is not as good as AI or SYTYCD or even DWTS, but it beats reruns Razz I really like both Bruno and Carrie Ann and I watch for them. Some of the kids are really good. I think Bruno's pause was for dramatic purposes. I knew he was going to send Charity home. I would guess they have to have some idea going into each Monday who they would cut if they are the losing team. Yes, both of those girls' solos were just sad. I really think nerves got the better of them.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:03 pm

This week.......Bruno's team was way better. His team seems to dance more and that doesn't seem to be weighing in the voting. Last week, Carrie's team did a good dance number. I hate seeing Bruno's team losing members so I hope they win for this week's performance. I was a little bit nervous with Zach in the bottom two, but I knew Bruno had no intention of letting him go. I think he picked the others first to boost their morale.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:41 am

Yes, Bruno's was better tonight! I don't get why his team keeps losing. I am starting to think people are voting for Carrie Ann and not her team. I think maybe people like her better than Bruno. I cannot think of another reason for his team losing both weeks. I think he did make the right choice last night though. Zack better me the last man standing on his team!!

I still can't quite figure out how this is going to go down scratch
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:05 am

I think that people are voting for Carrie because they don't like Bruno, too. It makes it an unfair competition. This whole show is confusing to me Question What happens if every week Bruno's team loses and he's left without a team???? I'd hate to see that happen...he has some talented people on his team. The show talent is entertaining but I'm not liking the way it's constructed.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Wow, I didn't know this was the last night of the competition Shocked That's disappointing Sad It seems like only started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dance Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dance Wars   Dance Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance Wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: