Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animals/Pets!

Go down 
+4
Green Eyez
firecracker
frazzle
Luca
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:39 am

I now have eight lambs! They are so cute. All mamas and babies are fine. I am so excited. I tried to take some good pics bit they run so fast. I will see if my son can do a better job. I am not so good with the camera.
Also I bred my Halle girl if it took I already have buyers for all the pups. I hope I have puppies. I just love all babies in any shape or form.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 am

Oh how very exciting about the new babies!! Best wishes on getting new puppies!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 am

Oh, I hope you can get some pics! How cute they must be........
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:59 am

Cool stuff aerwin. Looking forward to hearing if you are going to have puppies.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am

Aerwin! Awwww! Baby creatures! Hope to see some photos!

I will keep my fingers crossed that Halle is expecting too!

Update: Babyman Cole is settling in nicely! He comes in the house and gets on his bed with his fav chew toy. He is still a little scared and timid about walking on the floor, so I put his bed right by the door and sit with him there. He loves coming inside and lets me know he does'nt want to go back out, but he isn't quite trained enough to stay in yet for more than an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:33 am

Oh how sweet Luca! I can just picture you two sitting on the bed by the door! I love you
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am

It won't take long, Luca, for your little Cole to figure out how to stay indoors with you longer!

When I got my Emma, I had never owned a dog. And I was determined not to let her sleep in my bedroom. Hee hee - that lasted a few weeks. In fact, the bedroom is in the front of the house so that's her main post during the day - and of course its on my bed! I have special sheets and covers I use on my comforter. As soon as she see them being put on, she knows her time has arrived.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:10 pm

One of the ladies on one of the Bo boards I belong to also raises sheep and she often posts pictures of their lambs and dogs. Oh, God, they are so cute! I love it when the sheep look like they're laughing.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:51 pm

I would love to have a herd of alpacas to herd around on horseback! Laughing Those crazy critters are way over my price range though...they go for about 3-5,000 a piece! Shocked Or they were a few years ago anyway!

What do sheep sell for?

Lau wrote:
Quote :
When I got my Emma, I had never owned a dog. And I was determined not to let her sleep in my bedroom. Hee hee - that lasted a few weeks. In fact, the bedroom is in the front of the house so that's her main post during the day - and of course its on my bed! I have special sheets and covers I use on my comforter. As soon as she see them being put on, she knows her time has arrived.

I can imagine Cole would also like to sleep on the bed...unfortunately we
only have a queen and my husband and I barely fit on it! I think he will have to sleep on his own bed at the foot of ours.

I am learning some interesting things about Cole. He is afraid of other people it seems. Shocked When taking him for a walk about a week after I got him, a neighbor was working in her yard and came over to meet him. Cole would not let her approach, and would not even take a treat from her! Actually barked at her! I thought...hmmmm. Maybe just a fluke or an issue when we are off our property or something. Well, the vet came today, and he did the same thing. He would not go near her and I had to literally hold him down for her to give the shot. She thinks he needs some socialization. Especially before I have him neutered. He always has been great with us-from the very first day we saw him. I took him for a walk away from his master and he did great. It was an instant bond. I see he is not usually like that with strangers, or maybe it is just because he is not fully secure with us here yet. He sure seems like it though...*scratches head* Definitely need the doggie behavior book. We have a dog whisperer one on hold at Borders...now I just need to order the other one.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:37 pm

I need to get the hairless cat off the top of the page!

So I was browsing Perez Hilton (yep, I was), and he had this link to a Walrus dancing to Michael Jackson.

I love it! And maybe it is just me imagining, but the walrus seems to enjoy it, and when he gets sick of it he just rolls off into the water.

Direct youtube link (no need to go to Perez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOQ5kn8YS8k
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Dang. The damn hairless thing is still there. so let me post some of my favorite animal pics. (GE? DO NOT LOOK!!!)

OK, this one is not too freaky. It is a parrot/squirrel.

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Parrotsquirrelpt8
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:46 pm

And one more, just for good measure:

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Manyanimalsax2
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:57 pm

EEEKK!! I think the hairless may be less scary than that last one! Razz

The walrus is precious! I had no idea a walrus could be trained to dance like that! So freaking cute! Thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm

What would you call that last thing with the butterfly wings? Laughing
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:35 pm

A parrabbitcoonfly?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 pm

The last one is freaky.....................I'm not sure which is worse, this one or the hairless cat!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 pm

I think somebody will have to put up some baby lamb pictures to clean this thread up. *hint*
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:03 pm

My hubby took some pics today. Hopefully I can get them dl soon. They are cute!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:12 pm

We can't wait Aerwin!! bounce
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:57 am

Here are some of my babies;

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 IMG_0906

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 IMG_0904

Animals/Pets! - Page 3 IMG_0907
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:25 am

They are SOOO precious!! Thanks for sharing the pix with us!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 am

Nice pics aerwin. Thank you for sharing. I never realized how delicate a baby lambs lips could look. That first picture really shows them very well.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:50 am

TY !!They are so cute. Of course I cannot keep my hands off them. That pic of the the first lamb is Billy Bob.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 am

Billy Bob! What an adorable name for him!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 am

Eeek! Adorable Aerwin! The babies are pretty big already!

Is Billy Bob the daddy? He rocks! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals/Pets!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: