Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:15 am

So, who is watching AI6??

Last night was Standards Nights. I was not thrilled with most of the guys. Love Blake, but his Mack The Knife was so weak compared to Clay's. I just can't get into Chris R. He sounded good at the end of the song though. Phil is just scary. Sanjaya (sweet cutie boy that he is) cannot sing IMO, but I guess people love him anyway. I think Gina sang Smile really pretty, especially for a tongue pierced rocker girl, and she didn't deserve Simon's comment. I can't help it, Melinda is starting to bore me. She just seems the same every week, but yes the girl can sing really well. I love Jordin. She is young and fresh and delightful. I thought she sang the song beautifully. Lakisha sang her song very well but I agree with people who felt she just didn't get the meaning of the song. I thought she looked really pretty. I couldn't agree with Simon more about Haley. Last night really felt like something from Miss America with a little stripper for good measure Shocked .

DialIdol is a little depressing if it is at all accurate. I don't have a problem with who they are predicting to go home tonight, but some of the contestants near the bottom are my faves and two near the top just so don't belong there IMO. Oh well. That's the way it goes with AI. You just never know who is going to capture America's fancy!

I look forward to reading other posters opinions about last night!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 11:01 am

I LOVE Kelly Clarkson so here is some new CD info from her blog!

Quote :
BIG kelly clarkson news 12:01PM / 04.04.2007

Posted at her personal blog on her website:

I know you've been waiting a while for this, so I'm thrilled to announce my new single from "My December" will be released to airwaves April 11th! It's called 'Never Again' and I'm so excited and I can't wait for you to hear it! I know this has been torture for you, waiting, and I hope you like the album. The album is the story of my life (intense, up and down). This is my favorite album I've done so far. It has some killer rock songs ,and some fun soul tracks, and a few slower, intimate songs, and it's all me! The album will be dropping this Summer (finally), and I'll be touring this summer too. I'm having a great day and as you can tell, I'm so excited today! THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT!!! WOOHOO!!!

source: kellyclarkson.com

cheers
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 5:51 pm

I haven
t been paying much attention to Idol this year, but the longer Sanjaya goes on the more I get a kick out of him. His singing sucks, but the hair and wardrobe are great fun.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 pm

So you are a "Fanjaya"! That is what his fans are called. I think he is here for awhile. I wonder what offers will come his way after AI??
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:09 pm

Sanjaya can be in the Kellie Pickler sitcom...sort of like Ugly Betty's little brother.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Hmmm. I like to read spoilers. The one you posted appears to be genuinely invisible. Or at least I can't read it by highlighting it.

How is this usually done?

Here is one not inside a quote:

Spoiler:

Ahhhh, instead of highlighting, you click it.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Now, as to the info: dang, FC, that sucks!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:53 pm

Spoiler:

I am spoiling because I don't know if everyone has seen the results show yet.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Hello all!

Spoiler:

Last edited by on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi SB!

If I can figure out how to do it I'll put up a poll regarding spoilers. Until we know, best to put them inside the spoiler tags (there is a button in the window where you compose the message).
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 pm

oops..sorry Frazzle! I fixed it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi SB!! So glad you are here!

Yeah, I figure that part of the country does not see the results live so I try to be careful. Have to do that with Dancing with the Stars too.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:02 pm

I am generally supportive of Blake, but I have to agree with Firecracker here; his rendition of Mac the Knife showed me how mediocre and limited his voice actually is.

This really is a BAD bunch of male singers this year.

As for the result... I did not agree with it. However, given that I was told
Spoiler:

I can live with this.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm

I hadn't heard that spoiler anywhere today. Dial Idol had Haley going to I was hoping it was her. I am really surprised about the results though.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:42 pm

southernbelle wrote:
Hello all!

Spoiler:

Hi southernbelle:

DialIdol did show Phil at number 2, HOWEVER, he was listed as finishing anywhere from 2 thru 9. I'm not sure how their systems works, but it is very inexact. Basically the only thing they knew for sure was that Melinda wasn't going home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
abrahammy

abrahammy

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Yeah, I don't trust TPTB to be 100% accurate about who is where in the rankings anymore. Last year at top 6 they put Taylor in the middle group with Elliott and tried to tell us Kat and Chris were the top 2 vote getters. DialIdol told us all season long that Taylor led the vote each week, and sure enough, he won.

I think they don't like how some of these kids are doing and tried to give us a nudge about how they SHOULD be doing. Also note that they threw
Spoiler:
under the bus. They want her to take the blame for losing
Spoiler:

I do think the lowest vote getter goes home, because that may be legally binding, but everything else is just hocus pocus and there's nothing illegal about playing with that.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:31 pm

"Idol" finalist Tucker "Born" for Fox pilot

Quote :
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Former "American Idol" finalist Lisa Tucker has been cast in the Fox drama pilot "Born in the USA," which deals with real-life issues of blue-collar families in Philadelphia. Tucker, 17, will play a smart, beautiful and quiet girl with a good sense of humor.

Good for Lisa. She is a cutie!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:33 pm

This is such a good read about what all went on last night that we didn't see.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/04/american_idol_i_1.html#more
Back to top Go down
muse

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-04-05

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:32 pm

firecracker wrote:
"Idol" finalist Tucker "Born" for Fox pilot

Quote :
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Former "American Idol" finalist Lisa Tucker has been cast in the Fox drama pilot "Born in the USA," which deals with real-life issues of blue-collar families in Philadelphia. Tucker, 17, will play a smart, beautiful and quiet girl with a good sense of humor.

Good for Lisa. She is a cutie!

Yet another of last season's group to do well. The people who did the casting must have been looking beyond AI when they chose them. So many of the previous seasons' contestants have disappeared or ended up singing in malls. Wonder whether it was just luck or were some of these people recruited?

ETA: Oh crud, I keep messing up--thus the need to keep editing!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:38 pm

I think Lisa was already in the kid-actor-performer in Los Angeles pipeline when she came on AI. I don't know if that means she was recruited for AI or she just auditioned on her own.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Didn't she have a part in The Lion King play?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:55 pm

I think she was in the L.A. company of Lion King.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Some papparazzi was stalking Sanjaya and his family. Interestingly enough, this might actually put the question of his sexuality to rest. He appears to be straight.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/reality_tv/x17_xclusive_watching_sanjaya_watch_himself_on_american_idol_twice_the_fun.php
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 pm

I can't explain why, but Sanjaya being straight would not shock me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Idol Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next