Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 am

It really does sound like Eric has HNPP too does'nt it... Sad ((((FC))))

No word back from France yet...she said her computer was down in her sale post but that she would try to check in to DOA at least once per day. I have no idea what time it is in France now...probably middle of the night!

Well, back to work today. Evil or Very Mad Somehow, I am not in the mood.

TTYL! Hope you have a good day too!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 pm

DAMN!!!!!! We have insane storms! A freaking monsoon! We have had thousands of lightening strikes and 80 mph winds! There are some tornadoes in nearby counties! The yard is flooded! I am watching the pumps and water is pouring in like mad!

Just me and Justin here. I called Eric's cell and his boss called off all deliveries and the drivers are all in the restaurant under cover. Cell calls are being dropped but at least I got to make sure in was indoors. There is no basement of cellar there though. Justin and I are in the basement just in case. Rob is working on a job site, but he thinks we are safe from the tornadoes.

Cable keeps going in and out and they are only showing weather info and radar. I guess I am going to miss David Cook win his first award Mad . Hopefully it will blow over in time for the finale of Nashville Star and TV will get back to normal. It sounds like things are slowing down a bit. I am going to go up and check. Lord, there is never a dull moment in my life lately No
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Eeek! How scary! I hate storms with a passion. Hope nothing gets damaged at your house!

David C. was getting his first award? I better run over to his thread and check out what he is getting!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:39 pm

DC won a Teen's Choice Award. They get big surf boards Laughing But cool for him to win something. It is a start. I am hoping for an AMA, Billboard and Grammy in his future! That is not asking too much is it? Razz

The worst of the storms are over. So far the pumps are still going. Our corner in the playroom is still dry - which is a miracle if you ask me! We have had seepage there in much calmer rains than we had tonight! I don't get it - but I am glad!

Eric is home safe and sound. Not much in tips tonight though. The boss said "you kids are staying in". Way too much lightening. It was insane! I never saw lightening like this in my life! It was just non-stop for a good two solid hours. I would think everybody would be afraid to step foot outside in that. There were some tornadoes that touched down, but not close to us.

Rob isn't home yet, but he has been staying in touch via phone. As long as my babies are both here I am fine. Hubby won't do anything foolish out there.

Got to get ready for bed. Talk to you tomorrow! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Sounds like Eric has a nice boss! That is great he cares more about keeping his help safe than the money. Cool

Tornedos in nearby towns eh? We have family in Champagne. Were there any there? Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 pm

Champaign is a couple hours away. Not sure how it is there. I could check. We are closer to Dekalb (Where Northing Illinois Univ. is) and they got it worse than us. Also a ton of trees down and some other problems in Chicago. I mean a LOT of big trees. There was a tornado in Elgin (about 35 mins. from us) and in some southern suburbs of Chicago. Looks like mostly downed trees and wires and damage to things struck by the trees. So not horrible like some places where whole towns get a lot of damage. Thank goodness for that!

Actually Eric's boss is usually all about the money, but anyone with a brain knew you just couldn't dare step foot outside. He was probably worried about lawsuits Razz

Here is a site where you can check on weather in Champaign:

http://www.illiniweather.com/cities/champaign.htm
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks for the link! Looks like some chance of a thunderstorm today, but really nice temps and sunny in the 80's the rest of the week! Hope you get some of that too!

Well, looks like a no go on the DES head...the gal wanted to charge 22 euros to ship it with insurance! No way will I pay 34.00 to ship a head from anywhere! What a rip! I PM'ed her back and said unless she could cut that in half...forget it! I can see paying 15.00 or so with insurance from Europe, but much more than that... No Her computer is still down, so I won't hear the final verdict until tomorrow, but I bet she holds out for that so mentally I am kind of relieved about it. I really did'nt want to spend another 100+ on a head, but it was'nt a bad price with the beautiful face-up until I got the shipping quote. Shocked

Will check in later when I get home. I hope to go riding tonight when it cools down a bit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Bummer about the head Sad That is a lot for shipping just a head. That is more than I paid to ship my Haute L.A. to Oz and I insured that for $350 because my Cavalie and some clothes were in there too. Oh well. The right deal will come along.

The storms were so bad here last night that there are a lot of trees down and other problems. Most of Sugar Grove has been without power since 8:00 last night and they do not know when it will be back! I just got a recording from the Fire Chief that the fire department has set up a "cooling" place for residents to go. THANK GOD our part of town is OK!!!!! Can you imagine the flooding we would have if our pumps were out for this length of time? That is like our biggest fear! We have a battery back up for the pumps but it would never last this long! So glad we live in the newer section of town that is hooked up to the large town a few miles away!

I am going shopping this evening and I am going to drive around and see how more of the neighborhoods are doing. A 23 year old young man was killed while sitting in his car and a tree fell on his car. This happened in a town not too far away. Made me think of Eric being out there and how I had called and told him to stay in the car (thank god they were all already in the restaurant) and how I would feel if that had happened to him.

We may get more storms this evening, but the next few days are suppose to be pretty nice. Hope they are right!

Enjoy your ride this evening! Dolls - Page 6 3
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Ok, I think that is my all time fav emoticon ever!!!!!

So is it really hot today in your town? The weather in Champaign looked like it is near perfect weather in the low 80's. That is good if electricity is down for folks, they can just open their windows.

It is really warm here today, the weather report says 93 right now, but in my car more like 97...I will wait until after six to ride in hopes that it is starting to cool down a bit by then.

Yeah, thanks for the validation that the shipping quote that gal gave me was ridiculous. I have never paid more than 45.00 to have a complete doll shipped from Korea/China and like you have mailed stuff internationally and never paid more than 40.00 with 500.00 insurance! The Minifee heads are quite small too, even a tad smaller than dollzone and AOD, so that seemed like gouging. But, you are right, I will eventually find the right deal and most likely will get a blank head to do the face-up myself which I really enjoy anyway. I just thought for the price being only 25.00 more than a blank head and for that caliber face-up that it would be worth shelling out a bit more...but not that much! What a Face
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 pm

It's been pretty warm here today. It was 87 and very humid because of the storms. Most certainly not a nice day to open windows. Maybe the evening will get cooler and hopefully no rain. They have been saying we could get more storms, but it doesn't look like it will rain right now.

My mom's power went out about an hour ago. I don't know why. We haven't had storms today. All was sunny and fine and yet her neighborhood went dark. Poor thing. All alone in the house with no power. She has kerosene lamps and radios with batteries. I sure hope her power comes back soon.

Glad you like the emoticon! There are such cute horsey ones out there!

You will get just the right head at just the right time!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:03 pm

I hope the power comes on for your Mom soon...I bet it is getting dark about now in your area. Shocked

Well, I better gear up and go see how hot it feels about now...

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Yes, it is dark. Her candles are running down and she has the flashlights going but she does not have spares of the right size. I'll have to make sure to take her shopping for supplies. It is extremely rare to lose power for hours.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 pm

I hope you had a great day! I got lots of things done today! I am so proud of myself!

Mom got power back at 1:00 in the morning. She still wants me to get her a bunch of supplies. She also had me order her this "Alarm Security Bar" for her front door. If anyone tries to open the door the bar makes it harder and an alarm sounds. Or you can set it so that it makes a barking dog sound. I swear with Dad gone she just is so worried about break-ins. I mean I know it can happen, but both of us live is very small towns out in the farmlands. I wish she wouldn't be so scared. I never worry about break-ins. I just don't. But then I am never alone in the house, so maybe I would feel different. On the rare occasion I am completely alone I usually dance and celebrate! Razz I'm not thinking of anything bad.

I know you don't keep up with Didi, but she was posting a bunch of pix every day and she hasn't posted anything for a long time now. I hope all is OK. Maybe she is just on some long vacation. The last time she took a trip she brought one of her dolls with and took lots of fun photos. Or maybe she got a new Flickr account and I just don't know about it scratch Anyway, I miss her pix. She takes some really fun ones. She had just gotten the cutest little Hojoo (sp?) with freckles and the prettiest eyes! I have been hoping to see more of her.

Well, sleep tight and I will talk to you later I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:31 pm

I totally understand why your Mom gets scared being alone, especially during a crisis. When my husband goes to Texas for his yearly or biyearly trips without me to see his Dad, i am just a little on edge after dark by myself. If someone tried to break in, being outside the city limits it might take a while for help to come...that is if I could get to a phone in time. Shocked Anyway, I know the door alarm thing would make me feel better if I lived alone.

I'm sure Didi is fine. She always has had ebbs and flows in her photo posting episodes. I bet if you got on some of the Blythe doll sites, you would find her there.

Well, back to work! I will be riding tonight... so it will be late when I check back in. Have a good evening!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 am

Good morning!

Hope you have a great day! I am taking my Mom to the dentist this morning and while she is being worked on I will do her grocery shopping.

I ordered her that door alarm and last night when all the kids left I went to Walmart and got her some lanterns and large flashlights. Also some batteries for all her radios. Hopefully she will feel nice and safe after all of this. I do understand why you would feel scared when alone. Your place looks far out there with lots of dark space. Mom is in a really well lit up townhouse community with new homes right across the street. I know things can still happen and it is great to take precautions, but she is really dwelling on and I don't think that is good for her. She is also having Justin put things in all the windows so that they cannot slide open. She put a bar in so that you can not slide open the patio doors. It is fine to take precautions, and I hope they all put her mind at ease, but I really wish she wouldn't lay awake in bed at night worrying. She has a bad heart and needs to rest and relax.

So how are things going with the doll photos and stories for the contest? I am getting so anxious to see the pix! Did you ever hear back from the French lady?

Talk to you later!

Peace and love! I love you

BTW, I'll probably not be around here much anymore. But I will stay in touch with you in this thread and I'll call you!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 am

Call me? Question Shocked Hmmmmmm..... Enquiring mind wants to know the backstory.

Yes, I did hear back from the French gal. She says she really can't afford to split the difference on the shipping, but would have to do it if no one else wanted to buy the head by the end of the week! I don't know if she will or not, but she has good feedback on DOA, so if she offers it to me and is willing to charge 11 Euros for shipping, I will jump on it! The DES heads are scarce and quite popular, but greedy people are trying to sell blank ones for 100.00 dollars, so I think this one is a pretty good deal. It won't break my heart to not get it though...I have been spending way too much on doll stuff over the last few months, as it is I need eyes and wig for my other head to complete the character I have in mind, and this would double that expense plus some! We will see...

I have the story more or less written and the first photo collage introduing the characters done. I hope to put together the remaining ones this weekend. It really takes so much time to get the photoshopping just right and the right photos. I am going to try to get by with the photos I have taken and just work on the story and putting it all together now. It is really fun, and maybe someone at DZ will appreciate the work I have put into this. If not, no biggie since I have loved doing it anyway!

Have a good day and please PM me when you get home! Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Good lord I am scaredy cat. We live out and my husband is gone a lot. So I am very glad I have Marshall my guard dog. People are afraid of him because he is so big. He barks at eveything. I like it better when my husband is home though.
Hey I am trying to talk my Mum into making me some 60's Barbie clothes So I can dress my dolls up like Mad Men. I wish I could sew . She tried to teach me but I would have none of it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Luca, I hope it all works out with the head!

Aerwin - I so wish I could sew! Mad Men clothes would be awesome!! Maybe some day I will change my dolls into the cast of Mad Men!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Waving to FC. Check your pms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 6 Icon_minitime