Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 am

Well, "Dorothy" is standing now too so that helps balance things out a bit Laughing

Sounds like your girl and photoshoot are just going to be awesome! I also love crushed velvet!

Aerwin, I cannot wait for you to get the cookbooks! Be sure and let us know which recipes you selected to try! There are so many fab sounding ones in the book I got. Mine starts with 52 mac and cheese recipes and than over 50 meat and potato recipes. Yummy pix too! You will love the grilled cheese book! There are recipes in it with meat also so you can just skip those. When the cool weather sets in I am going to make my family a ton of different sandwiches from that book. You will not believe all the fantastic sounding recipes in it!

Justin LOVES the Weatherworks shampoo and conditioner! I also got him the TRESemme' Smooth NO FRIZZ shine spray. You spray it on damp hair to minimize poofiness. Between the 3 products his hair is looking better than ever for a humid summer! The TRESemme' leaves a nice little shine on your hair for awhile. I even use it just for that purpose! It is not a lot of money and even though the bottle looks small, it lasts a long time. I have only bought him one bottle so far and he has been using it for several weeks and he has more than half the bottle left!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:54 am

Do the Weather work's products have a strong scent? I may try them if they don't because I have really big hair issues myself some days!

Ok, well I have to confess...I found and bought the perfect outfit for my photostory contest entry costume for Pru. I had been looking at it on Etsey for 45.00, then saw it show up on Ebay for 34.99 buy it now and I just had to get it. Embarassed Now I just have to make a magician's box...
I will wait to show it to you all when I get it! It will be shipped out Monday from a gal by the user name of Monkey Tailz! Laughing

Of course I had to order some shoes to go with it.... Embarassed I think I need a 12 step meeting myself. Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 am

Quote :
Do the Weather work's products have a strong scent?
nah not at all. I was using Clairol Herbal esscences Long term Relationship for long hair. I liked it and it smells great .But sheesh I need frizz control in the summer.

Have y'all tried those new Revlon Mineral wear long wear lipgloss? I was thinking of buying some. Our drugstore has buy 1 get 1. Lord I cannot resist lip products. It is a serious addiction.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:34 am

With you it is lips - with me it is eyes! (ask Luca - I sent her just a few jars of minerals Wink ) I have not tried those but now I will be looking for them the next time I go shopping!

Aerwin is right. No strong scent at all. Justin wouldn't like them if they did.

So cool about the outfit Luca! Can't wait to see it!! Well, what girl gets a new outfit without getting the shoes to match?! Twisted Evil I mean that is a no brainer!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:57 am

Here are some reviews and comments about the Revlon Mineral Lip-glaze! There is a video review from a very satisfied customer! I have seen these at Osco and have thought about trying them. I love the color the gal in the video is wearing. Light pink is what I usually wear. Sometimes light peach.

Here you go!

http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/f128/revlon-s-mineral-lip-glaze-83687.html
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Okay I am going to go get some and that Tresseme spray.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:24 pm

I really like lip gloss, in fact I consider myself an addict...but I find most of the cheaper, drugstore varieties too sticky and gloopy. I will be interested to see what you think of the Revlon type Aerwin. I have not been a fan of Revlon products in the past.

For just plain chapstick, I am a big fan of anything Burt's Bees.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:32 pm

This Revlon minerals lip-glaze is not suppose to be sticky according to the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:20 am

Ok my laydee! I need your help with my photostory! I would really like to include Milo in it! He is so awesome in his outfit and wig! I don't know if this will work, but if you are game I would sure like to try!

I need you to take a full body shot with his hands on his hips looking pissed! I will fill you in on the storyline later! If you can put a black piece of cloth for a backdrop that would be great! That will make it easier when I photoshop the photo later!

The best times of day to shoot are early in the morning or dusk to get the right light. I will need the photo by this weekend! Eeek!

Gotta run to work! Will check back later to get your answer...heck it is worth a try, right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 am

I will do my best, but I do not think Milo ever looks pissed! Razz He looks like a sweetie all the time to me I love you I will look for something black.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Quote :
I will do my best, but I do not think Milo ever looks pissed! He looks like a sweetie all the time to me I will look for something black

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just put one hand on his hip and cock his head a little to one side, with his legs a little apart! Twisted Evil I can take the stand out in photoshop if you need to use it to get him in the right pose. I just need a clear shot, so take quite a few if you can at different angles, changing the position of his head a bit. Try some straight on too!

This is going to be so cool if we can make it work!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:05 am

I bought the Revlon minerals lip gloss. They are not sticky,BUT they don't stay on 8 hrs. I still think the L'oreal infallible is better . But best is Covergirl Outlast. Y'all do know that L'oreal, Lancome, Garnier are all the same company? Right?

Quote :
We’ve blogged before about who’s who in the beauty biz. Monster companies like L’Oreal, Unilever, and P&G own many smaller companies and even more brands so it’s hard to tell who your products are coming from. For example, L’Oreal makes the L’Oreal brands like Vives, Preference Hair Color, and Studio Line. They also make other mass market brands like Garnier (Fructis) and Softsheen (ethnic hair care aka Carson Products). They also make several salon/department store brands such as Kerastase, Kiehl’s, Lancome, Matrix, and Redken.

Does that mean all these “sister” companies sell the same products? Sometimes yet, sometimes no. There are plenty of differences across the L’Oreal brands but there are some sneaky similarities too. Take a look at the ingredients in Loreal’s Kerastase Nutritive Oleo-Relax Smoothing Hair Masque and L’Oreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense Conditioning Treatment and you’ll see they are are almost EXACTLY. For more details read our post on How Kerastase Kills Your Cash.

Interesting
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:37 am

Thanks for all the info! Interesting yes.

Well, I had to order some stuff from Walgreens yesterday and they offer free shipping if your order is over $50. They had the Revlon Lip-glaze on sale for $5 and some cents so I threw two in the basket and got the free shipping. Right now the only Walgreens we have is about 20 mins in the opposite direction of wherever I go, so I figured just order on-line. The lip-glaze is $8.99 at Jewel/Osco which is where we usually shop. If I like the color and look than it is OK for me if it doesn't last 8 hours. I'm always somewhere where re-applying is no big deal - since I work at home! Laughing

Luca, I have a lot of kids today so I am not sure I will get to take pix. I should be able to tomorrow though.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:25 pm

No rush on the photos...yet! I am waiting for the new outfit for Pru for the final photoshoot before I madly start putting it all togther this weekend amd into next week. The deadline is August 15th I believe, but I will have out of town company next weekend so will not be able to work on it at all then. I hope to submit it to DZ 2-3 days before the deadline in case there are any problems.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi!

I have a pretty busy day tomorrow - being Weds. and go out day. If I don't get it done tomorrow I will Friday for sure. I might be able to Thursday as I just have 4 kids that day, but we will have to see how it goes. I am off Friday and at this time I have no plans but to get some things done around the house. Saturday is our 21st wedding anniversary and we have plans with a few cousins and my mom so I will probably spend Friday doing a few chores and then some "ME" stuff like nails, color touch-up on my hair, bubble bath and figure out what to wear on Saturday. I just hope the weather stays nice and sunny for outdoor pix.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Good for you on celebrating your 21st! I think we may have you beat by a year! Can you believe it? Shocked

Really don't stress about the picture! If you don't have time or you don't get the right photo, it is no biggie! Maybe it was kind of a crazy idea anyway... Laughing

I am wiped out, took my beautiful mare out for more alone training with the dog and she just keeps getting better and better! I could'nt be more pleased since I dearly love going out riding by myself. It is a great way to clear my head and enjoy nature.

I better get to bed! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:11 am

Happy 21st! I've been married 22 years myself , gulp. I am an old lady now. I can't wait to see your doll pics. Plus Luca nneds to show me more pics of her horses. Very Happy You know you mentioned Walgreens, I loved that store when I was a kid. We don't have one here so when we were in TX i went in there and stayed an hour. You know I guess ordering stiff online maybe cheaper bow with gas being what it is.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:23 am

Thanks! Congrats on 22 years for you guys! Rob and I got a bit of a late start since it was my second marriage. I am so excited - the pix from the wedding we went to in June are on-line and the pic of Rob and I is so good I can't believe it!! Pix of us at weddings NEVER turn out good. One of us always has our eyes closed or a bad smile or something. This one is so nice I actually ordered 2 wallets, a 5x7 and an 8x10! We have only 2 8x10s of us in the house and neither professional photos. So this is great! Hubby loves me in it, but asked if his hair is really that gray! I said "well yeah, why do you think I bought you that mens hair dye", which he refused to use. Goofy men. I still don't think he will ever use it. My Dad used to and he looked years younger. Then of course after the first amputation he never did it again.

Congrats to you too Aerwin! Hey, don't call yourself old! You are younger than Luca and I and we aren't old are we Luca? (haha)

I will do my best to get some good pix for you Luca. I can't promise since a lot of my pics turn out pretty bad Embarassed Laughing

It is great that you and your Mare are doing so well together! I worry though - going out alone and I know you said you don't have a cell phone (me, I couldn't live without mine and I would freak if the boys didn't have theirs) so if something should happen and you fall or get hurt in some way how would you get help? Do you think Cole would go home and get your hubby like I have seen dogs do on TV? Does your hubby know your route so that if you are not back by a certain time he can go and find you? Yes, I am a worrying mother hen type - just in case you hadn't noticed Laughing

Yes Aerwin order on-line from Walgreens! It's free shipping on $50 and up orders so I got two bottles of Mane and Tail conditioner, two Olay lotions, and the two lip-glazes. It is cheaper for me that way because Walgreens is about 15 to 20 mins. away in the opposite directions of any other place I go. With my huge van getting only 9 miles to the $4 plus gallon it makes great sense to do it that way. I love on-line shopping anyway!

Talk to you later! Have a great day! flower
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Wow! We have all been married close to the same number of years! That is quite an accomplishment nowadays! Yes, Aerwin-I have not forgotten about the horse pictures! I tried to take some of my other Peruvian and they did'nt come out, so I will try again soon!

That is cool the pics of you and Rob came out so nice FC! I know the feeling about not having many good ones because one of you does'nt look great. I like that my hubby is getting gray! I want him to look a little older than me! Wink

We do have cell phones now! I actually took mine with me last night and I had service where I was riding!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Oh good! I am so happy you have cell phones now!! They are one of the all time best inventions! I love that I can be in contact with my kids where ever they are! So much less worry when they are out on the dark country roads at night knowing they can reach me the second they have a problem. And as you know last winter they had to!

Yes, how lucky we are to have long lasting marriages in this day and age!

Oh, hubby looks much older than me! Wink Even though he is only one year older. I guess I got better genes! (or it could be the anti-wrinkle creams Laughing )

ETA: While I was out shopping today I did grab one of the Revlon Lip Glazes in a color I didn't order from Walgreens. I got the Infinite Rose. Very pretty color. I like the way it goes on. It has stayed on well. I ate some fruit and it stayed completely on. I do find it just a wee bit sticky, but I can live with that if the color continues to stay on well and it looks really pretty.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 7:46 am

Good morning!

YAY! My Walgreens order is out for delivery so I should have my stuff by 1:30 PM today!

I put the lip-glaze on before bed last night and it was still on this morning and stayed on even after eating my bagel and cream cheese for breakfast! Needless to say I really love this stuff!

As I said in chit-chat I am really worried about Justin's hand. I am once again in "freak-out" mode Crying or Very sad I will not be able to rest about this until I know more. I can honestly say when it comes to my kids I am a mess if things are wrong with them. I do not know how parents who have truly sick children cope. I really don't No

Hope you ladies have a great day! I'll be busy with little ones all day! TTYL~
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Oh well, so much for my "me" day tomorrow. I will be taking Justin to the doctor for his hand. We will leave about 11:30 AM. I am quite sure he will be sending us to the hospital for x-rays. Then I would guess we will end up at the orthopedic doctor. Does it ever end?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear about Justin's hand. I hope it turns out to be something that will resolve on it's own.

Oy, more medical bills and worry! I hope this is the end of this trend for everyone. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:48 pm

I know! It has really sucked how many people here are dealing with health issues No .

Justin's pinkie is numb and he cannot straighten it. He can not spread the fingers out. His hand has no strength. It really seems like a compressed nerve. I don't know that our Internist will be able to really diagnose and treat the problem. I am sure he will write up an order for x-rays. I will be pleasantly surprised if that doesn't happen. I don't know how it is out be you, but here you cannot just go in for x-rays or lab work without getting paperwork written up by your doctor first. You can't even see a specialist without a referral from your Internist/family doctor. So if he doesn't send us to the hospital for x-rays than I think he'll refer to the Fox Valley Orthopedics - where I used to take my Dad. Justin should be on file there already from when he broke his thumb playing football and broke his toe dancing Rolling Eyes Justin has had 3 times as many trips to the ER as Eric Razz He is my sweet, funny, artistic, talented and klutzy one! Laughing

I took 40 pix of Milo (in a rush) and none of them turned out good Evil or Very Mad . Plus, he took a header from the chair to the floor and scared the freaking crap out of me! affraid KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! (he appears to be fine though)
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 am

40 pics of Milo and none of them came out????? Smile I know the feeling! Now you know why I take so many! Out of 60-80 shots I may get 2-3 really good ones. Don't worry my laydee! You have so much other stuff going on right now!

Yes, we have to have referrals from our primary doc to see specialists too. So Justin has'nt been seen yet by anyone huh? Or has he seen your family doc already?

I got my new oufit for Pru today and it is the most perfect for the DZ contest theme, adorable outfit I have ever seen! Shocked Sometimes we get really lucky and this was one of those times. Can't wait to show you! Won't have time to take any shots though until the weekend. I am hoping I get the shoes I ordered from Releaserian this weekend, but coming from China it may be next week. We have been moving our bedroom furniture around getting ready to have the carpets in our bedrooms cleaned tomorrow. I moved the doll bookcase up and positioned the dolls what I thought was securely...well when I was out riding, hubby vacuumed
and pushed something against the bookcase and knocked the two dolls not on stands over! *kill, kill* affraid He tried to lie about it too! Laughing He isn't a very good liar either! No Pru was slumped over with her wig off and her new outfit covered in dust, and Thorn was propped up in an awkward position with his outfit around his neck! Rolling Eyes Laughing I was upset at first, but had to laugh at him about it. He was sweating my wrath about my dolls falling over! Luckily, they seem fine. Cool

TTYL! May the force be with you tomorrow at your appointment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: