Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:33 pm

I know Aerwin will be happy if Clooney's prediction is right! I know his performance was outstanding for sure...but, I will be a tad sad for Johnny. I loved his performance in ST, he knocked my bloody socks off.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:10 pm

But Johnny wasn't even nominated for a SAG. I took that as a sign that his fellow actors weren't feeling it as much as DDL's. I think DDL has been winning all of the best actor awards - SAG, GG, Critics Choice, and many more. I really think DDL has it in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 pm

*Sigh* Well, I will be thrilled if he gets it too. Has DDL won an oscar before?

I had a dream about George Clooney last night...and he does'nt even do that much for me. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:44 pm

DDL won an Oscar for "My Left Foot". That is the story of a man with cerebral palsy who learned to wright and paint with his left foot. Amazing performance! Check it out!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097937/

DDL was also nominated for Gangs of New York, a film Justin LOVES and he loves DDL in the film. He was annoyed DDL didn't wing for Gangs.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:29 am

I love DDL and JD. I wish they could both win. But I swear DDL's performance in TWBB is one of the best I've ever seen in my entire life.
Hey JD has the cover and a great interview in the current issue of Rolling Stone.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:34 am

Quote :
I love DDL and JD. I wish they could both win. But I swear DDL's performance in TWBB is one of the best I've ever seen in my entire life.
Hey JD has the cover and a great interview in the current issue of Rolling Stone.
Aerwin, I think you are an excellent judge on who is the most deserving of the two. I do plan on seeing TWBB when I get the chance. I truely admire DDL's work and who he appears to be as a man.

Eeek! JD on the cover and has a great interview in RS?????? Must get it now!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Frazz, I think I found a way to describe the "real" actor as opposed to "the others".

Someone said something about a "persona" and then I remembered watching a movie about Rock Hudson. He went into an agent's office and the guy asked what he wanted. "I want to be a star" is what Rock answered and the agent said something to the effect that it was good he didn't say he wanted to be an actor, because then he'd basically be S-O-L.

So, maybe there are "stars" and then there are "actors". Some people describe them as an actor's actor. There are some words that are thrown around too easily, and maybe the word "actor" is one of them, especially considering Paris Hilton can be in a movie.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 am

Happy Birthday to me yesterday ! I got my new EW in the mail and who was on the cover? DDL and Javier! JD last week and this week those two. That was a good Bday present.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:28 am

MOVIES! - Page 12 10

Happy Belated Birthday to you Aerwin!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:21 am

bounce cheers farao santa cherry albino sunny queen flower
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 pm

I think being an actor involves a lot of work, study, heartbreak and disappointment. Being a star is more the luck of the draw.

Here's a good example. Both Jack Nicholson and Robert De Niro worked for years doing B-movies for Roger Corman. Jack also wrote and directed and did some episodic television (including two episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show"). I imagine De Niro did his share of theatrical work on and off-Broadway. Then Nicholson got "Easy Rider" and De Niro got "The Godfather Part II". Now both of them are iconic figures.

This weekend, I watched a movie I hadn't seen in a long long time - "The Green Mile". I had forgotten how good it was.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 5:25 pm

I was reading a recap at Television without Pity and they linked to a Roger Ebert site about movie cliche's. Being the movie geek that I am, I'm a sucker for that stuff.

There are certain things in a movie that denote lazy writing. Things that you know writers just picked up from other movies and TV shows, rather than finding out what actually happens in these situations (which is why I went to my dearest Frazz, who I knew could provide much color and realism to a scene that would be stale and boring).

Some not mentioned on this list:

The magic sheet that hits the woman just above her boobs and the guy at his waist.

A person always has just the right amount of cash to quickly hand to a cabbie.

There's one thing in almost every cop show and movie about cops: "you're too emotionally involved" "this is too personal" followed by: "maybe you should excuse yourself from this case" or "you're losing it. Maybe you should take a vacation." Sometimes they are forced to take the vacation.

Here's Ebert's list, which does include my favorite: The Talking Killer. This is the guy who holds a gun to our hero's head, but doesn't just shoot him right away (like he's done to everyone else who got in his way"). Instead he chooses to explain his motives in great detail and taunt our hero. I hate to say this, but it's what got points off from me for the final Harry Potter book (besides killing off characters indescriminately). I'm bringing up the book because it will be made into a movie and I know this part will make me cringe, even with Ralph Feinnes doing the taunting.

Roger Ebert's Glossary of Movie Terms
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:14 am

Ralph Fiennes can do any amount of taunting he wants as far as I am concerned. I look forward to new Potter movies because it will be MORE Alan Rickman and Ralph Fiennes.

If anyone has not seen No county for Old Men it is now out on DVD. Sweeney Todd out on DVD April 1. Two of the best movies of the year along with There Will be blood.

We watched Dan In Real life over the weekend. Very Cute. Juliette Binoche is gorgeous. Chocolat is one of my fav movies with her and JD.
I also have Enchanted coming. I hear it is tons of fun.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Well, you and I are on the same page with the Ralph Feinnes/Alan Rickman loooooooooooooooove.

Oh! You will ADORE Enchanted! What a lovely lovely movie! Amy Adams really makes that movie. I love when a movie is exactly the way you think it will be.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:44 am

Did you know that Ralph's 11 year old nephew will be playing Tom Riddle in the next Harry Potter movie? I cannot wait for his new movie The Duchess with keira knightley. I'm not all that crazy about her but I will watch Ralph read the phone book.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:21 am

Eeek! Another Ralph and Alan fan here to be accounted for! Will this be the last Harry Potter flick? I never read any of the books.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:49 am

OMG I love the Harry Potter books. There will be two more movies.
Ralph also has a movie out right now In Bruges with Colin Farell. He is supposed to be really funny in it. I will have to wait and rent it because it is nowhere around here.He is several good things coming up.
You can watch the trailer for alan Rickman's new movie here:

http://www.bottleshockthemovie.com/

Sometimes I don't know who I love most JD , Alan Rickman , DDL or Ralph.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:05 am

I am talking to myself here. Just a heads up Sweeney Todd is out on DVD. I bought it of course. There Will be Blood is out next week.
I watched THe Deep End last night with Tilda Swinton.Man she is one terrific actress. I think she is very pretty too.
Next weeken I will be going to see Keanu Reeves new movie Street Kings. I love me some Keanu. I saw a pic of Johnny Depp in EW . Hecut all his hair off for his next movie . He is playing John Dillinger. I cannot wait for that!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:35 am

I thought about renting ST. I might over the summer when TV is all reruns and crap. I can at least cover my eyes when it gets too icky for me Embarassed

I think Dillinger will be a really good movie! It's an interesting story and true.

I think Tilda is pretty too!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 12:07 pm

I am eagerly awaiting ST on DVD. Also There will be Blood.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:15 pm

I thought I just saw ST was just released out on DVD...
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:57 am

ST was out April 1 . There Will Be Blood is out April 8. NO Country was out a few weeks ago. I've watched it three times total. Oh yeah my brother is going to Spain this week on business so he is bringing back Javier for me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:51 am

Damn, why don't I have a brother Mad
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Quote :
Oh yeah my brother is going to Spain this week on business so he is bringing back Javier for me.

Don't let Frazz hear you say that!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Quote :
Aerwin wrote:
Quote :
Oh yeah my brother is going to Spain this week on business so he is bringing back Javier for me.

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
Don't let Frazz hear you say that
Laughing Twisted Evil We all wish Aerwin! As long as you agree to share him with us all here, I have no problem with it! Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next