Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Oddly, the actors I got involved with did me no harm. None of the relationships lasted, but mostly they were fun.

It is the writers...all my major guys were writers.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:59 pm

Now THAT is something I didn't expect to hear. You never fail to surprise me, Frazz. I love that about you.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:08 am

Quote :
Can I also say I am in LOVE with Eli Stone. This show is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
I LOVE this show. Last week was a great episode when Eli was his brother. I just love the whole cast. Victor Garber is awesome. Do you think that is really him singing? Is this show picked up for next year? I hope. I have the bbc mini series Byron with Jonny Lee , i rewatched last week. He is great in this.

Good Lord if I ever locked eyes with WP I would faint I LOVE him.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 am

I bet it is Victor singing for real. He was the lead in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Somehow I ALWAYS forget to tape Eli Stone.

See GE, writers are bad boyfriends so no dating Jacob! Wink
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:35 am

Quote :
I bet it is Victor singing for real. He was the lead in Jesus Christ Superstar.
He was? When? He is so handsome. FC I bet you would love Eli Stone. I love the whole cast.

The Office and 30 Rock are back! I love The Office. Thu. night is my big tee vee night. Recorder in od. Eli Stone, The Office, CSI, 30 Rock. Yay.

Oh here is a fuuny story. Last spring they were filming Leatherheads around my hometown of Greenville, SC. Well my Mother was all a twitter because she thought she would glimpse Mr. Clooney. She said I"ll tell him you love him and go to all his movies. I said you do that , I'm sure it will make his life. But lo and behold thaey shot some scenes at the school my Mum works at . She didn't see George Clooney but she did she John Krasinski. She said he was a doll. She asked him if he had been in anything before and he said a sitcom on NBC The Office. She says I never heard of it. Heh.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 am

I'm sorry Aerwin, it was Godspell. He played Jesus in the movie Godspell. He was really good too and very handsome in it! I just got my Jesus movies mixed up Embarassed

How cool that your mom got to meet John! I can't believe she never heard of The Office. I have heard of it, but I never have watched.

He was the original Jesus in the Toronto stage production, so he definitely sings for real. Here is a pic of him from the play.

TV shows - Page 15 Garber_jesus
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks FC. I was going to point out Mr. Garber's musical theater background. Oddly enough, I was going to say JC, Superstar, but when you said "Godspell" I thought, "OF COURSE!" There's a movie of it with him in the lead as well.

I'm sure one of the prerequisites for the show is that the cast be able to sing. Eli's secretary is also a broadway star and she's got quite the voice on her.

Well, since Jacob bats for the other team, I doubt there will be any problem there.

Funny about your mom Aerwin. I'm sure that took him down a notch, eh?

Victor Garber is very very awesome and I'm glad he gets to sing in this show, because he's very good.

FC, you should really try to catch it from the beginning. The brotherly bond stuff is really amazing. One of the things that struck me from the very first show.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:40 pm

TY! I am going to look him up on netflix and put all his stuff in my queue. I wasn't sure if that was him signng or not but boy he has a great voice. Who is the guy that plays his brother? he is very cute also.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:38 pm

His name is Matt Letscher and I guess he was also in "The New Adventures of Old Christine".

He's quite adorable.

Oh! Last night I caught the end of a "That 70's Show" and there was the lady I dogsit for and Topher Grace sitting on a bed watching TV. At one point Topher tries to speak and she VIGOROUSLY shush's him! It was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:03 am

I dv-r everything, so I didn't watch the Eli Stone finale until tonight. I love this show with my heart and soul. It had so better be renewed. I'm fully invested in every single character and really look forward to watching it each week.

The very end with George Michael, Victor Garber and Loretta Divine singing "Feeling Good" was just so awesomely fantastic, I can't describe it. My love for this show is boundless.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:36 am

I LOVE Eli Stone. I so hope it comes back next year!

Moonlight is back! Did anyone see the episode last week?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:10 am

Yes! I know many were upset Mick didn't stay human for more than one episode, but I couldn't wait for him to turn back into a vampire. I was glad he was happy, but I love the vampire thing. It's why I watch the show.

I mean, he doesn't need to go onto the beach for me to see him without a shirt.

The re-turning scene was so totally HOT. "My Beth" was pretty damn awesome too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Of course I watched it!! It was awesome! Love the show and love both of them! too am happy he returned to being a vampire, and you just knew he would, but I was hoping he would stay human just a little longer - you know, until he and Beth had some "loving" time. But at least he finally kissed her and she finally admitted her feelings. So we get to "enjoy" the sexual tension some more! He is simply beautiful! I do not have the new TV Guide with TV's sexiest men in it, but lordy I hope that man was included in the issue!

The actress who plays Beth got her cut pretty short. She is still adorable! Did you know she used to go with "Dr. Who"? That show that is so big in England?

I am thrilled that Moonlight was renewed for next year.

I read yesterday that things are looking pretty good that Eli Stone will be renewed too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:32 pm

It was just announced that Moonlight has been canceled. Crying or Very sad I swear I am going to stop watching new shows. I only fell in love with two new shows this year and now one of them is already gone.

Also, they canceled Men In Trees which I adored!!! Mad Every year there are less and less shows for me to watch. I do not go for all the crime and law shows and that seems to be the bulk of the dramas now days No Some of us really don't want to see heads cut off or the inside of bodies Rolling Eyes

Color my very disappointed today.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Quote :
It was just announced that Moonlight has been canceled
WHAT?? I am mad. I will NOT watch any new shows next year.I am down to a few as it is.
Lost
House
CSI
The office
30 Rock
I blame reality tv .I really do. The networks know thaey can put these on cheaply. I read earlier CBS wanted Warner Bothers to off set some of the cost of Moonlight. Pretty soon we will be down to almost no scripted tv because of REALITY!! Hate. Plus the writer's strike really put a dent in some of these show's ratings.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:57 pm

A woman I know who is way into Moonlight sent me an email today saying we can save the show. Let me investigate further.

OK, it looks like there's 24 hours to save it. Here's the info:
Save Moonlight
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 6:26 am

I'm still mad. Reality is taking over tv. See that writer's strike was a bad thing too. Because after the scripted shows came back they lost tons of viewers.CSI is down 16% and I heard Grey's is down even more than that. So the networks are losing revenue but I guess they feel it can be filled with cheap reality shows.
Did you know ABC only ordered TWO scripted shows for the fall??!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:30 am

From ONTD!

Quote :
Primetime Pilot Panic: 'Moonlight' To CW?

EXCLUSIVE: I've just been told by an insider that "there is a chance, only a chance" that Media Rights Capital which will be programming Sunday's two hours on the CW "may elect to take Moonlight as one of those two hours". This is developing to be quite a behind-the-scenes drama because the order came from Warner Bros TV this afternoon to start tearing the Moonlight sets down. But now WBTV will wait until Friday. Before it was canceled, it had more than twice the number of viewers on CBS than Gossip Girl despite all the hype. So Moonlight could wind up the most watched CW show. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Did everyone see the season finale of Moonlight? Sigh.

The fans are taking out a full-page ad in Variety. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm

I saw it Crying or Very sad At least it had a good ending if it really is over. Not some really dramatic cliffhanger that will never be resolved. I read an interview with one of the network heads and she said no way is it coming back. Too bad. I just loved it and the cast.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Well CBS is a definite no, but they're hoping for Sci Fi.

How hot was the blood-sucking scene with Josef? Holy crap! This proves you can have sexy without anyone removing a stitch of clothing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Laughing Yeah, that was hot!!

I so hope that it goes to the Sci-Fi channel! That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Moonlight ad in Variety and HR

I have never actually wept at the possible ending of a series. Aftr the finale, tears came to my eyes. This show just can't go away.

Here's what they say on Moonlight-United.com

Our Ad in Variety/Hollywood Report, Plus Words of Encouragement - UPDATED 05.20.08

Thanks to everyone who donated funds for the ad. After a slight change in plans, we opted to run our ad in the Hollywood Reporter to start. We got an incredible deal on the inside front cover, prime real estate. That ad runs in Wednesday’s issue; check out what we ran (.pdf file). Enough extra funds were donated that we are planning to run a smaller version of the ad in Variety on Thursday for additional exposure. If you’d like to contribute, please PayPal your donation to leeser@moonlightline.com.

Leeser also passed on the following words of encouragement from our various Moonlight contacts:

I have spoken with my show contact and they are grateful for our support and haven’t said to quit. I also contacted Silver Pictures [Joel Silver's production company] and their first reaction when I told them what the fans are doing was “Wow”. I also contacted WB and told them what we’re up to. The response I received was “You’re fighting the good fight.”

No one in a position of real knowledge has told me that the fat lady has sung here. That gives me hope.

These contacts were THIS MORNING.

In vampire solidarity,

Lee
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I wept when Buffy, Felicity, Everwood and my beloved Gilmore Girls ended Sad I was in mourning over GG. I am so sad about Moonlight and Men In Trees. October Road too. That had gotten sooo very good.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 4:29 pm

At least in the case of Buffy, Everwood and GG, they had a really good run.

Probably October Road would come closer since, like Moonlight, they were just hitting their stride and ended too soon.

At least 5 seasons in, OK. One or two? That's just sad.

I'm also sad over Jericho, but still hopeful Comcast will pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next