Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:04 am

I hope they bring Moonlight back in some way. But I kinda doubt it.
At least Eli Stone is coming back.
Have y'all seen the previews for that show Fringe? It looks good. Of course I heart JJ abrams.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:07 am

Yes, I will be very interested to see Fringe!

I agree about Moonlight. It is so hard to get a show to come back. It has happened. Scrubs was canceled by NBC but ABC picked it up. At least that is what I read somewhere. Also, if New Christine is canceled by CBS another station wants it. I can't remember if it was ABC or NBC.

So it does happen. I will just continue to cross my fingers and wish!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Pilot Inspektor: FOX's "Fringe"

Quote :
Every once in a while a pilot comes along that is so perfect, such a shining indication of what the final series will be, so perfectly cast and directed, that it's impossible to look away.

That pilot, ladies and gentlemen, is definitely FOX's phenomenal science-tinged drama Fringe.

In a nutshell, Fringe is The X-Files for the new millennium: eerie, gripping, and still haunting even after the final credits have rolled, albeit containing a humor that never existed in that series. ( Oh no he didn't just invoke X-Files! Tl;dr lovefest behind the cut, plus the YouTube preview, for those who missed it. )
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:07 pm

An awesome "Moonlight" montage to the gorgeous new song from Clay Aiken "Something About Us"! His singing of this song is amazing! The montage is heartbreaking since this wonderful couple may be no more Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF2-jLh5R2Y
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:32 pm

I love that song. The first time I heard it, I thought it should be in a movie soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:37 am

Hi Janice!

Same reaction I had. Damn it's gorgeous - mostly because he sings it so incredibly beautiful!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:16 pm

I am watching lots of BBC stuff I have on DVD . I have all the Jane Austen movies my favorite being Mansfield Park with my honey heart Jonny lee. But guess who is the younger sister ? Sophia Myles ! Beth from Moonlight. Then I watched bbc Dracula and she is Lucy in that! I bet I've seen her tons before. She still reminds me of Kate Winslet.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:58 pm

OMG. The Moonlight people? Raised enough money to get a full-page ad in Variety AND Hollywood Reporter. Inside cover of HR, back of Variety. They raised like SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS IN FOUR HOURS!!! Is that insane?

They had some sort of rally at WB yesterday. There's also a Moonlight con going on right now. The Jericho people have banded together with them, so this is getting very interesting.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:59 pm

WOW! That is so cool! I hope something good comes of it!!

Sophia Miles did so much TV in England. I think she was in Doctor No. I know she was dating that actor who plays Doctor No and broke up with him to move to L.A. to shoot Moonlight. She gave up a lot for that show so it sure would be nice if it worked out for her! I will miss them terribly! So much wonderful chemistry and they both are simply gorgeous!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:13 pm

I honestly didn't know of her until now.

You know, this show suffered because the first couple of episodes weren't that great and the chemistry wasn't as awesome as it became. Those of us who stuck with it were richly rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:50 am

I watched a little of that Moonlight contage. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:03 am

They are such a gorgeous couple with so much chemistry. I cannot believe they may be over Sad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:06 am

Don't forget the new scary show tonight Fear Itself NBC 10 pm.

Did anyone catch In Plain Sight on USA Sun night? I really liked it. Mary Mccormack plays a great character . Lesley Ann warren is her Mom . she is hoot .
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks for the reminder! I will be sure to watch. In the summer I usually only watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and don't even check the TV Guide. I didn't know Leslie Ann Warren (LOVE HER) had a show Shocked I will have to check it out!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah you should watch In Plan Sight , it is good.

Quote :
There is life after "Cane" for Jimmy Smits, as the veteran actor, who also put in time on "LA Law," "NYPD Blue," and did an Obama turn on "The West Wing," joins the cast of "Dexter" when it returns to Showtime this fall, the network announced Thursday.

Smits will portray "an ambitious, charismatic assistant district attorney" named Miguel Prado, who is well known as coming from one of Miami's most politically connected families, the network said.

Michael C. Hall's title character, a murderous blood spatter expert for the Miami police department, will join forces with Prado in their mutual pursuit "of a murderer who affects both of their lives directly," according to a press release.

Smits will be in ten of the season's 12 episodes; no start date for the new season has been announced by Showtime.

YAY!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 am

I watched "Fear Itself" last night! It was really good. I was sad about the ending, but I will admit for story purposes it was the best ending. Just I am always one that wants a happyish ending Laughing I think this will be a fun show for the summer.

I am sad that it is up against "Swingtown" though. I think next week I will have to tape it and check it out too. I always loved Grant Show from Melrose Place. I am happy to see him working again. I am kinda bummed now that I didn't tape the pilot last night, but I had a busy day and just didn't bother to get out a tape. Maybe it will be on line this weekend.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:20 am

Oh Good I'm glad it's good. I fell asleep at 9 because I helped a friend make 10 cakes and 10 pies for a rehearshal dinner. I was tired. Swingtown doesn't appeal to me. But the cast is attractive.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:58 am

HaHa! I cannot believe you are the one who reminded us to watch it and yet you missed it! Too funny Razz

I know, the premise of Swingtown is kind of icky, but I do think it looks to have a great cast and I would love to check it out.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:05 am

I recorded it . I 'll watch tonight. Very Happy hopefully.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 am

Oh good! I think you will really enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:23 pm

I started Swingtown, but then had something else to do so I didn't finish it. It's quite explicit at points!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 pm

I watched Swingtown online at cbs.com just now.
Good actors, weid premise for my taste.

But Grant Show I have known for a long time from a few different acting classes, so good for him for the series.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:49 am

Oh, I will have to watch the episode on-line after my Dad's service today! Good to know it is up.

You knew Grant? Lucky you! He is so handsome!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:02 am

Just so you know...

They're still fighting for Moonlight
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:15 pm

New Vampire Tv Show :

Quote :
Based on the popular 'Southern Vampire,' book series by
Charlaine Harris, "True Blood" follows the adventures of a
small-town cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse (who all
her life was an outsider due to her gift/curse of being a
telepath) and how her life is turned upside down when a
member of the undead (the vampire race 'came out of the
coffin' several years earlier) walks into her life one
fateful night.

Premieres on HBO Sept. 7

The books are terrific.