Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Oh Noz!! I hope you have dental insurance. I have a LOT of crowns due to all the root canals I have had. Out here crowns are about $900. Our dental pays half. Hugs to hubby. What a shame things are going wrong right now Crying or Very sad

Yes, red eye/hair boy would give me nightmares. Just not my thing. I do love the Royal Ray! He and his costume are just gorgeous! AND YES, the bunny and fox are super adorable and I would LOVE to have the bunny since I was born on Easter Sunday and my mom has given me lots of "bunny things" during my life. A $400 order between now and Xmas!! I would need to sell my ring fast. Wish I knew some young man looking to get engaged who would like a gorgeous ring at a great price!! I wouldn't want to save it for one of my sons since there is a divorce attached to it. I would feel like I was passing down bad karma or something.

Things did not go well today with dad's appointments. The surgeon said that the new temp leg that Dad got yesterday already caused a problem on his stump so he cannot use it again until he goes back and has some adjustments made No Then the eye doctor kept us waiting so long we wouldn't make the skin doctor (which was the one appointment today Dad really wanted to make) so after waiting in the eye doctor's office for 55 mins. we told them we had to leave because there was not enough time left for a full exam. Of course we didn't leave until Dad gave them a piece of his mind for making people wait so long, especially after the patients make it a point to be there on time Embarassed I mean I agree, but still....

Then the skin doctor took some skin off my dad's neck to be biopsied. He is not sure what it is, but feels it is vascular and that it may tie in with the diarrhea. Since the spots do look like bruises his explanation of a vascular problem makes since. He thinks a virus or something is causing little blood vessels to burst and the blotches is the blood under the skin. So, something new to worry about. Why is all this shit happening to my father??

In the eye doctor's office one of the men who was in the waiting room asked my dad if he was a diabetic and is that why he lost his legs. He told us that his dad is also diabetic and that 7 years ago his dad lost his left leg and 2 years ago he lost his right. When my mom took my dad to the restroom the man told me that his dad now has kidney failure and has to go to dialysis. He didn't want to say that in front of my folks though. His dad is also 78. Man, diabetes SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:09 pm

Well, sounds like you had kind of a bad day. But, glad your Dad got to get to see the Dermatologist...that is very important to find out what the heck is going on there. And yes I wholeheartedly agree! Diabetes does suck!

Yes, we have Dental insurance, but out here they charge 1200.00 or at least my hubby's dentist does and his work pays half. Suspect But, I guess it is better than nothing!

I took my ring to get the appraisal today. The jeweler talked me into getting the 65.00 written appraisal and he even takes photos and puts them on a disk that I can download on Ebay. I figured it probably would'nt hurt to try to justify people paying the most I can get for it. Of course, it will take him 5-10 days to do it, so I will wait to put the ring on Ebay until after I return from Italy. I may get on the preorder list at Denver dolls or another Canadian shop I found to preorder one. Denver dolls lets you do layaway, so I could just do that as I can afford it. I will be looking closely at Ray over the next few days as more photos are released to make my final decision. I won't spend more than the 240.00 + shipping though...I will have to pass on the adorable bunny or fox. We are going to have some bills to pay off after Italy and all the other unforseen expenses we have had come up with the new fridge, the car fender, and now the tooth. Rolling Eyes Oh well, good thing we had our credit card balance down to begin with!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Glad you have ins. Well, it's been about 4 years since I got a crown so maybe they are even more now Shocked God I hope not. $1200 is a lot! Man, dental stuff is so expensive. I still feel lucky this gum surgery is less than I thought it would be. Ins. usually pays 80% of surgery so I am crossing my fingers that that is true this time too.

I found a used boy BJD on ebay today. It has a piece chipped off it's head under his wig. It is really nice looking. It had only 1 bid and was at $99 when I left this morning. Now there are 6 bids and at $125 with 2 days left. I am sure he will get too high.

Here he is if you want to bid on him. I think he is really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190164841628&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=009

Too bad other are bidding on him. I thought it might be worth taking a shot if he stayed close to $100. He comes with face-up, pink eyes, the wig and all his clothes.

Good for you getting the ring appraised. I am surprised that a 1/4 carat is only worth $65 Shocked I would have thought much more than that. It will be interesting to see what an appraiser has to say about my ring.

ETA: Luca, did you see Lawdeda's pix of Edward? Man, he is truly an ugly doll. What a disappointment. It seems most people are not happy with him.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 pm

Oh no my laydee! You misunderstood! The ring has not been appraised yet-that will take about 7-10 days! The appraisal will cost 65.00, not the ring is worth 65.00! I'm sure the ring is worth more than that! Hell, the gold alone is probably worth more than that I hope! The appraisor guy says the price of gold is up...so it may be a good time to sell. The appraisal does not mean that is what I can sell it for anyway, but what it would cost to replace it, but could help sell the ring's perceived value on Ebay go up if a legitimate description and replacement value of say 1,000 is given as the appraisal value, I would hope I would be able to get a few hundred dollars for it.
Suspect
We'll see...as much as I like the new Dollzone boy Ray, he looks almost too young for Prudence. She is so sophisticated looking. He would be cute as her little brother, but that is not what I had in mind. And this could be the only BJD boy I get so I don't want to make a mistake when they cost a bloody fortune!

I saw that damaged Soom doll and he is cute, but again too young and cute looking, not sophisticated enough to go with Prudence. This could be a challenge to find what I am looking for in the MSD size doll. But, the good news about that is maybe it will prevent me from spending more money! Twisted Evil cheers

I am surprized people are surprized about the Edward doll looking ugly. I thought that after seeing the first few pictures of the prototype. It is a scary looking dude...and I doubt it is going to photograph well at all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:35 am

Good morning!

So glad I just misunderstood about the $65. That would have been disappointing if he thought that was all it was worth.

Yes, at the price of the BJDs it is best to make sure you get exactly what you want. Same here, as I know when/if I ever get a BJD it will be just one girl and one boy or just one girl. They are far too expensive to even think of getting more than 2. At least for me anyway. I know right now the only way that will even happen is to sell this ring or wait until next Xmas and use all the gift money for one doll. So yeah, it is an important decision!

Well, for me Lawdeda's pix make Edward look even uglier than the promos. I mean he is just yucky Mad He could have been awesome if they really made him look as close to Johnny Depp's version as possible. I never found him scary. This Edward is really nightmare inducing!!

Today is crazy Thursday, so I do not think I will get a whole lot of computer time. So I hope everyone has a beautiful day and talk to you all later!! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Luca, did you get the email from Grace at JPOP about the big sale? I just bought Luca a "Winds" in honey blonde for $9.99!! It's the boys wig I have been wanting for months but didn't want to pay $24.95. I am so glad I held off. I can't believe I got it for more than half off!

They have several wigs in size 6/7 on sale. If you didn't get the email let me know.

Man, it was a crazy day today with all the little ones geek Then, just as the last little one left, I get a call from the lady with the little guitars all pissed off at me about disputing the charge claiming she sent them out. No tracking number, just put stamps on them. SHE YELLED AT ME AND HUNG UP ON ME!!!! Mad What a way to do business Rolling Eyes No "sorry you didn't receive the package" or anything. No offers to send out replacement or try to find them or anything. Just pretty much calling me a liar and hanging up. It was very upsetting. She said she is going to tell the credit card company to charge me again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:09 pm

I wonder why I never get her wig promotion deals! Would you copy and paste the info for me my dearest! I am hoping they have a cute pink or white one for Prudence in a 6-7!

What a bummer that guitar thing has been! So she is claiming she mailed you the guitars after you had to file a claim? Rolling Eyes Right!

I am still comtemplating ordering Ray...talk me down from the ledge my laydee! Like I did for you!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:18 pm

I don't know why you don't get the emails scratch I would have thought they would send them to all their internet customers. Maybe I signed up for something and just don't remember? Shocked

Here you go:

SIZE 6-7

WINDS 8.99

VANILLA
ROSE GOLD

---

LAYLA 14.00

VANILLA
BERRY COLA

---

GINGER 9.00

BROWN AND PINK

---

KANA 9.99

DREAM
BLOOD&CHOCOLATE LITE
ROSE GOLD
GARNET
BLOOD&CHOCOLATE DARK

---

LEEDA LONG 13.00

3FIRES
DREAM
OPAL

---

KANA LONG 14.00

DREAM
BLOOD&CHOCOLATE DARK
BLACK
BURGANDY
SKY
SHIMMER

---

WATER 10.00

COCO
BLACK

---

JROCK 14.00

BLACK
BLONDE/PINK

---

YURI 9.99

RED
BLACK
BLONDE
ROSE GOLD

Hope there is something you like in that group! You best hurry because the email said they do not have a lot of these in stock!

ME???? Talk someone down from the doll ledge when I took the flying leap last week and spent $100 on a J-Doll???? How can I help when I am pathetic Embarassed
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:22 pm

OH!! I love the Layla Vanilla for Prudence!!!

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:27 pm

I must get it and the Jrock blonde and pink! Oh yeas!!!!!!!! Thank you smooches!

Help me!!!!!!! Please someone...I have fallen in love-even if he is not the perfect one for Prudence, he is the perfect one for me. And I must have the fox dammit!
Dolls - Page 7 Ray5
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:32 pm

OK, I'll try to talk you down! Don't order Ray HE IS UGLY!! What? You don't believe me that he is ugly? OK then. Don't order Ray because he is not good enough for Prudence!!! Did that one work??? Smile

How much is he? Over $400 so that you can get the fox? Well, you know me. I of course hope you get him!! I love you I am such an enabler Twisted Evil Besides he is freaking gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:49 pm

I don't think I would get him with that stock though...I love it on him, but that is way too formal to fit with my decor! Laughing I am thinking I would get him nude, with a longer reddish wig if they have one in a similar color or a long white wig for him and another outfit or two from their catalog that will go more with a less formal guy. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Well, I just checked it out. So the outfit is $159 Shocked That's a lot. It is gorgeous though. If you got him like that with face up and all it would be $400, but than I see you need to pay $50 to get face-up on the fox. So actually one would really need to spend $450 to get the free fox with face-up. Then there is shipping. Well, I don't see that happening for me anytime soon.

I think you are right to go that route. You know, as much as I thought my Sir Luca in his stock was gorgeous, in time I realized he just didn't quite fit in with everyone else. He seemed like he should be with a different collection. I look forward to getting him in his new wig and some other clothes.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 pm

I am thinking of this outfit being more my taste:
Dolls - Page 7 C45-006

I would just get that, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 wigs, and the doll for 240.00 including face-up. That would bring the total to about 400.00! I would just get the fox doll nude and have the face-up done later by someone in this country. Maybe even Irene!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:32 pm

That is really cool too! So you are staying with that period of clothes? He will be really stunning.

My second J-Doll grail (which has been out of stock since I started looking at J-Dolls) just showed up on Magna's site. He is asking $138 plus over $20 to ship her Shocked Can you believe that??!! I do love her stock and her eyes so much! But I will not pay that much for her.

Dolls - Page 7 Cresant
Dolls - Page 7 Cresant2
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:54 pm

She is really lovely and her stock is to die for, but for 30.00-40.00 more you could get a BJD! And you really should for that price! The bodies are so much nicer than the Pullip body...you have no idea! You would die if you could see how cool they are! I got Prudence's new outfit pieces back and she sent me the cutest white cloth bunny for her! I love you

Some wig possibilities:
Dolls - Page 7 200782067410449
Dolls - Page 7 200782069739169
Dolls - Page 7 IMG_6833
Dolls - Page 7 200710755742189
Dolls - Page 7 IMG_6252Dolls - Page 7 200710851946281
Dolls - Page 7 200782078390881
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:20 pm

This wig is pretty cool too. This is the other version of the outfit. If I can get the black coat I would prefer it.
Dolls - Page 7 IMG_6032
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 pm

Well not really when you consider that the J-Doll is complete with stock and wig and all for that price. The BJD girls I like with face up are $240 then the wig and clothes. It really comes up to about twice as much. I just don't think that any J-Doll is worth $160. That is more than I paid for Kira! I just won't go that high no matter how much I like them.

Now, to add to my crappy day - last night I joined that Den of Angel site and got the email to activate the account and I did. Just now I got an email from them saying they deleted my account because I do not meet their requirements Shocked WTF does that mean? I sent them an email letting them know what I think about that. I mean what the hell requirements do I need? The site didn't ask me one single question when I registered other than am I over 13 and do I agree with their rules - same as every other site I join. Piss on them.

I like the first wig a lot and the white one with the long strands down the back. I also like the one on the doll in the lighter version of the outfit.

I got an email from mEda with pix of some new clothes for Taeyangs. I think I am going to get Luca a new coat that she is making. She will be sending me pix soon. Her new stuff for the boys is really cool!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Meda sent me an email too. I looked at the jeans, but did'nt open the rest of them. I have spent all I am going to on the boys for a while! I have quite a bit of stuff for them now. What did the coat look like?

Yes, I hear ya on the priceyness of the BJD's and the snootiness of the Den of Angels site! That is a bitch to get access to! You can't post there until you have joined for like 25 days! It is really strange...so I just lurk there. But, I have learned quite a bit in the process. It is a huge site with tons of members so I guess they can have their weirdass rules. Suspect It pisses me off too!

I will play around with the wigs on photoshop with Ray and see what I decide. I guess I will be selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay over the next few months to pay for all this. Shocked Luckily she takes layaway. Maybe between the ring, a collectable german doll i have, and some other miscellaneous things I can sell ...I can pay for most of it.pale
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:13 am

Well, Grace only had one of the wigs I wanted left. I got the Jrock blonde/pink she had left. Thanks my laydee for letting me know! I'm glad you got the one you have wanted to get for a while too! Can't wait to see on your boy!

Here are the wigs I have narrowed it down to: I love them all and each one makes him look so different!
Dolls - Page 7 Featheredwig
Dolls - Page 7 Rayauburn
Dolls - Page 7 Bluelong
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:58 am

Good morning!

Well, I would rather they were like The Clack House and put you on a waiting list, then let you register and then tell you you've been deleted because you don't qualify Evil or Very Mad I mean how can you not qualify when they don't even ask you anything Shocked Oh well, I only registered because it asked me too when I was trying to look at the new dolls, so I thought I had to to see them.

I think the first wig is my fave! Then #2. I haven't quite gotten to the point to love blue hair. There is a J-Doll whose face and stock I love, she has the bluest eyes, but her hair matches them and I am not sure how I would feel about that in person. Though I do love the blue hair on Cinnamon Roll.

I was afraid that blonde Layla would be gone fast. That was such a gorgeous wig and it did say in the email that they only had 1 or 2 of they ones they marked down. They were clearing them out as they are getting lots of new wigs and colors in. I thought about getting more at that great price, but I just whipped out that one email back asap so I wouldn't miss out on getting a new wig for Luca. I am really itching to change him up.

I will get back to you with pix of the coat she will be selling soon. I don't have pix yet of the one she is working on, but she described it to me and I told her to send me pix first and let me have first dibs on it. I am pretty sure I will be getting it for Luca.

I can't post them now as I have to get ready for kiddies to come early this morning. Usually I have Friday mornings free, but not today.

Love ya and TTYL~
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:17 am

OK, I'm back.

Here is the coat she is about to put on her site. She is making one just like it in black, but lined in Burberry - on the cuffs and collar. Anyone who is a Clay fan knows that the man loves him some Burberry and has a TON of that stuff!! So I am sure I will get this coat. Luca and Clay can wear it. In fact, I should ask mEda to make a Burberry Bucket Hat!! Clay's fave disguise! Cool

coat in blue.

Dolls - Page 7 Coat

Shirt with Burberry plaid on it.
Dolls - Page 7 Burberry

The coat will be $18. I already have a black shirt for Luca to wear under it. I will need to get him some jeans though.

Did you see the thread at PS about the Toy Show were you can see some possible future Pullips and Taeyangs? Looks like there may be a blonde Taeyang Pirate coming out. He looks like he might be really gorgeous. I do not know if I will be able to step away from the Pullip/Taeyang world any time soon No
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 9:39 am

Quote :
Did you see the thread at PS about the Toy Show were you can see some possible future Pullips and Taeyangs? Looks like there may be a blonde Taeyang Pirate coming out. He looks like he might be really gorgeous. I do not know if I will be able to step away from the Pullip/Taeyang world any time soon
Yeees!I hear ya! I saw a few of the Taeyang prototypes and was drooling! Maguna looks amazing too! I saw another blonde oriental one that looked fab also!

I adore that Burberry coat and the t-shirt! Gah! So Luca and Clay get that one huh? And Luca gets the new wig too? What color did you get again?

I just saw some really good photos Didi took of Butler on Flickr and under the Pullip Pictionary thread. Her phototography is really getting good!
The witch Roar posted a comment on her Flickr that "When she gets her doll...blah, blah, blah....can I vomit now? affraid

Better, get to work! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 9:49 am

Luca gets the new wig and it is Honey Blonde. I may experiment with him in the future, but for now that is a great wig and color for the price. I had my eye on another fur one, but I don't like the fact that the seller said there is no cap and you glue them on. I really like my JPOP wigs and with shipping the difference between the two was only $3.

Mostly the coat is for Luca. At least at first. I may just get Clay the Burberry shirt. The coat suits Luca's persona more than Clay's I think, and I do have the beautiful suit for Clay's Xmas treat!

I am glad Luca will have the new wig before I dress him up for Xmas. Wasn't sure how his long ponytail was going to go with a tux Razz

I will have to go check out Didi's new pix. If they are great Butler pix I will be drooling big time! You mean the witch is getting a doll??!! Poor dollie Crying or Very sad Will probably end up naked and starring in homemade Tokio Hotel videos No
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:38 am

Quote :
Will probably end up naked and starring in homemade Tokio Hotel videos
lol! I love you my laydee! You are so funny! Oy, if Didi only knew the depth of the depravity that goes on in the porn threads...but, she must have some idea that the "ticker" threads exist.

If a "Bennie" doll shows up then the porn doll BFF for the Randa doll will have come to fruition. Shocked But, ms. fullofit has been talking then backing out about getting herself a custom doll for quite a while. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: