Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Yes she is!! I think she has me beat now! I have 7 Pullips, 5 Taeyangs and 2 J-Dolls to equal 14 in a year Embarassed I will have to find out who has more. I love her dearly and I am so glad that she loves her Blythes but I am starting to think they pretty much all look alike Shocked Maybe in person they look different, you know, subtle changes that just don't show up in photos. It is a beautiful dress though! I really love the name Arianne! I hope she picks that one! If not it will go on my list of names if I got another "A" doll! Razz

Yes, the slipping away is sad, but I am so incredibly happy I have had 3 full weeks with him being home! So much more time than we thought we would have. I just hope he continues to be painfree. I am worried what it will be like if his lungs fill up too much. I have read it can feel like drowning. I don't think I can bear the thought of that.

Yes, it is amazing how different one can make a BJD look!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Oops, I forgot to tell you - I got the most gorgeous looking pot roast today and all the ingredients to make that yummy recipe this weekend! Also, my veggie steamer basket for the pressure cooker came today. I bought a mixture of veggies to make this weekend in it. With the steamer basket keeping the veggies out of the liquid in the pressure cooker each veggie is suppose to retain it's own flavor. So I guess while the roast sits waiting to be carved I will clean the cooker and get the veggies in it. Veggies only take a few mins. I am all gaga about this upcoming meal! I love new kitchen gadgets!

One of the gifts in a gift basket I got from one of my customers had homemade raspberry/rhubarb jam. It is so yummy! Really makes me want to learn to make my own jams!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Your guys are so lucky they have such a good cook to keep the good meals coming! Sounds like a great winter comfort meal!

I have to agree about the Blythes, but to each his own for sure. I was scrutinizing my Pullip collection tonight and the ones I have left do really have distinct differences and enough variety in wig style, make-up, etc that they almost fool you into looking like different face molds. I know Gaby's eye shape is different than any of the other Pullips other than maybe Prunella that I have seen. But, I know I will probably not buy any more of them because I think many of them are very similar looking to dolls I already have. I

I was right about that gal flaking out about buying Caprice. I just had a feeling. When people don't pay right away, that is a red flag right away.
In a way, I am relieved because I really do still like the doll and think she is unique. I am just way more into BJD's now. I don't know if I will continue to drift away from Pullip/Taeyangs, but that is a distinct possibility. I just really enjoy the variety that BJD's offer. I can see possibly selling Bill to get another BJD. I would hope he would bring in some good money not only from Tokio Hotel fans, but just for custom Pullip fans because he is so unique and well done. But, whenever I think along those lines, I look at him and something pulls at my heart strings that tells me I may not be able to part with him. Right now, there is not a doll out there I want bad enough to sell any of the dolls I have other than Caprice, and possibly Willow. I think if one comes out that I can't live without then I will know when it is time to try Ebay or something since Requiem's site does'nt seem to get that much action.

I definitely think you should start making jams/jellies! What great gifts and so nice to have on hand for your family!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:14 am

Good morning!Yes, my guys are SO lucky to have me ! ! Laughing Razz I'm lucky to have them too!

I'm so sorry the sale fell through Crying or Very sad I know you want your Sprite. It will happen someday! Just like someday I will break down and buy a BJD. At least I think I will. They do NEED to STOP making Pullips like Prunella and super cute J-Dolls though!! They are confusing me about what to do and who to get! Mad

I so wish Shana had kept the BST section. It was awesome! Good deals going on every day! Seems hardly anyone went to Requiem Art with their sales. Must all be happening on ebay or something. I'm sure glad I got some great deals while it lasted though!

I can't even imagine our Bill leaving our family Crying or Very sad But you got to do what you think will make you happy Very Happy He is so beautiful though! I do think you could get more than enough for him to get your Sprite. I wish I could buy him, but I really think you could get more for him than I am in the position to pay. I won't be getting any doll that expensive until next Christmas. That is probably when I will get a BJD - if all works out well.

I think I see many more differences in the Pullips than the Blythes. Of course I am bias though. I am trying hard to see their appeal. They must have something I just don't really see at this time. I did really like that one I saw with bangs (to cover the HUGE forehead) and the matte skin. I guess it is that "retro" thing she gives off.

Yes, I do think I am going to check into how to make jellies and jams! This lady put them in the cutest old time store looking jars. I would love to be able to do that!

Have a great day! I have just 4 little ones coming today, so it won't be too crazy geek

Talk to you later girlfriend!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:18 pm

EEEK!! What a fun day! First, one of my floral arrangements that I ordered from Bed, Bath and Beyond with my gift card arrived via UPS and it is so pretty!! I got it go by the kitchen window over the sink. I also ordered a really pretty one for the living room which is coming via Las Vegas so it will not be here until Monday Crying or Very sad . Then the mail came and my Pressure Cooker Cookbook from Amazon came along with the special pizza slicer which is awesome! It is so solid and sturdy. I cannot wait to make pizza now so I can cut it up Laughing Now if only the little Barbie white lace dress would have arrived it would have made for a stellar day!

The best part was when my newest customer found out my age this morning (in the course of conversation about my dad) she kept saying "No you are not!" over and over! So funny. Then she said I looked amazing for my age. Don't you just love when they end it with "for your age"? Razz Still, it made me feel really good!

So, tonight while watching Ugly Betty and Grey's I will be perusing my new cookbook! AND reading about making jam!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 pm

EEEK Again!!

I was just going through the pressure cooker cookbook while the kids were coloring and it says I can make chutney and jams in MY pressure cooker! The cookbook was written for the same cooker I have! I am so excited! The recipes seems really easy too. I would just need to get some basic canning tools and the jars! I hope I get some time to go get some tools and jars soon so that I can make a cranberry chutney. I ADORE anything cranberry (I drink two big glasses of 100% no sugar added cranberry juice everyday) and when we were Stowe, Vermont in June of 2006 we went to a great little shop and got some of the best cranberry chutney on the planet!! I would LOVE to be able to make some like that!

Oops! This is the doll thread... I should post something about dolls? scratch Too bad I can't make dolls in my pressure cooker! lol!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:20 pm

You did have quite a good day for new acquisitions! cheers I thought you would be able to make jams and jellies with your pressure cooker!
That is so slick! Cranberry chutney here we come!

About the Sprite...I am going back and forth on whether my elf girl will be a Bobobie or not. I love her in some photos, but I am not crazy about the way her body looks. Her legs look really stick like and there is something cheap looking about it. Her face is beautiful and I think I could get a good face-up, but for 150.00 + shipping, I think I may hold out and wait to see if there is another elf girl that is maybe a bit more, but that has a body that I will be totally happy with. I am in no hurry now to jump into buying another doll. Hell, I have my happy threesome and I am totally satisfied with them for now. I will only get one more doll this year- if any and only if I sell some others first.

I do love it when people say that I look younger than my age...good for you that they are still saying that about you! Not as many people say it anymore to me, but I still get it every now and then!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi!

I think you look much younger than your age! And very pretty!! PLUS you have a nice figure. Sadly, I cannot say that about myself "heavy sigh" Crying or Very sad I never had weight issues until late 40s. I have sworn to myself that 2008 will be the year I get in better shape. BTW, my mom is down to 101 lbs. Shocked She is looking really thin. I do not think she has been eating much since my dad came home with Hospice care.

Do you think places like Wal-Mart sell Mason Jars? I have found some good canning kits on the internet but the shipping is too high. They might have them at Hobby Lobby.

I just cannot really get into the Elf dolls. Sprite has a pretty face but I would cover her ears with a wig Razz I love dolls that look like fairies though!

It's good that you are so disciplined about your doll spending habits. I already know I will get more than one doll this year since two of them are already hiding in a cabinet until my birthday Laughing and Prunella will be mine by Mother's Day (at least I hope so) But, this year for our anniversary I want a fire pit for our patio (at least I think so Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 pm

Your mom is down to 101#? Shocked May I ask how tall she is?

Yes, I sure going to try to be super disciplined about buying more dolls! Wink

Thank you my laydee for the compliments! Embarassed I think you are a tad biased though because you are my special cyber buddy! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Me? Bias? Never! You looked wonderful in your pix from Italy!

My mom is tiny. Only 5'1". I am 5'2" (that is the reason for the weight issue. I would be fine if my container were taller! Razz ) So being so vertically challenged 101 lbs. is not as scary a weight as it would be if she were taller. But she is usually more like 115 lbs. She has become completely flat chested. It is weird. My mom was busty like me all her life and now she is flat as a board. It is the weirdest thing Shocked She has no but anymore either. She has really deflated! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Ah thanks my laydee-you really are too kind! You are quite the looker yourself from what I have seen! And you know that is true! Twisted Evil

I knew you were'nt tall, but I don't know if I knew you were 5'2"! I am not much taller, I am a strapping 5'3 and a half"! I know what you mean about how it gets harder to keep the weight off as you age. I now have to excercise almost daily to stay where I want to be. And I can't eat much either! My hubby is also not very tall at 5'9" and we definitely have to watch what we eat and drink. Luckily we ate and drank what we wanted
in Italy without gaining because we walked so much!

It surprizes me about your Mom. She looked bigger, weight wise in the last photo you posted. She must carry all her weight in her lower body. That is probably a bit light for her age and height. It is no wonder she has lost weight doing all the heavy care she has been doing for your Dad over the last 10 months and all the stress.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 am

So we are both just little peanuts!! I am so glad that you got to eat all you wanted on your trip and not gain any weight!

My mom does have most of her weight in her legs. Her thighs and caves don't look too thin, but her face, arms, torso and hips are non-existent right now! When she stands sideways nothing sticks out! Shocked She is like a little boy that way right now. That one and only pic I posted of her is from 3 weeks ago and she is all blury in it. Maybe I can find a newer one.

Hope you have a great day!! Talk to you later!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am

TGIF! *Doing happy dance*

This week has gone fast for me though. I think it is because I am working with a student and she has been really fun to work with. We take 2 Dietetic interns from a local University a year and give them clinical experience for 10 weeks to prepare them for their boards. It is quite a journey becomming a dietitian. 4 year degree + one year unpaid internship to even be eligible to sit for boards.

I love it when I get one with natural critical thinking skills and a love for medical science...it rocks!

TTYL! Have a happy Friday!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:07 am

Oh that sounds fun!! You get to help mold them and send them off on the path toward a bright future! Good for you! Good for them!

Yes, TGIF! Though I have spent most of the morning (no kiddies until 3:00 PM today) reading up on making homemade jams. I would need a food mill (which I do not have) but I have something that I think will work the same. I am going to need to find a couple of interesting items that I am not sure where to get scratch Something called "pure gel" and "fruit pectin". I found a set of jars on ebay that I love. The seller was asking $15 BIN with free shipping, but said he was taking "best offers" so I offered $12. Waiting to see what he says. I AM SO EXCITED TO MAKE MY OWN JAMS!! The problem is all the recipes stress fresh fruit at it's peak and all my faves (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries) are not in season. I can't even get them here right now. I mean I guess I could use frozen, but I am sure it wouldn't be anywhere near as good. So I may have to wait a few months on those. I wonder if I could find fresh cranberries right now??

Oh well, I'll keep reading and learning until then! My real goal is to get good enough at it so that I can make little gift baskets for people next Xmas. So I have plenty of time. I think I read that if done properly, and if you use the right sealed jars, they will keep for 4 months. So if I can get the fresh fruit until say the end of Sept. or early Oct. that should work out. I hope anyway!

TTYL~

ETA: A PS poster customized her Nomado! She is simply gorgeous! I cannot believe this doll was a Nomado!

Dolls - Page 25 Pajalike

I am in so much trouble!! This is the April Pullip! My B-Day month and I LOVE her!!!! Love her!!!

Dolls - Page 25 Aprilpullip

Dolls - Page 25 Aprilpullip2

So now they have made TWO brown eyed girls I WANT/NEED!! After all this time of not finding just the right one! EEEK! Whatever will I do!! (besides get them both Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:23 pm

OMG! I like that girl better then Prunella!!!!!Her face-up, outfit, and everything rocks!!!!! And that custom Nomado is so pretty! I love her too and that dress is so cool! I wonder if that gal made it??????

You should be able to buy canning jars and everything you need at your local Walmart or grocery stores! None of it is expensive and goes on sale all the time! No need to pay shipping on such readily available stuff, I would'nt think anyway!

Have you priced out jars and such at Walmart yet?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:44 pm

I KNOW!! I think I like her better than Prunella too!!

Justin just got in a 1:00 from HS (finals today again so early dismissal) we were talking about his job and he was saying he doesn't like it all that much but loves the money! He said "I have so much money in my savings account now!" (funny what a 16 year old thinks is a lot of money Razz ) Anyway, he bought some people Xmas presents this year for the first time with his own money (as did Eric) so I said to him "Hey, since you have so much money are you going to buy me a birthday present?" He said "Of course I am!" I said "Good! I know just what you and Eric can go in on for me Twisted Evil The new April Pullip!" Justin says "Oh NO! Anything but another one of those freaky dolls!" Laughing Laughing I said "BTW, they are cheaper if you pre-order so you will be pre-ording her!!" Twisted Evil He laughed! Thanked me for the Buffalo Chicken and fries I made for his lunch, gave me a big hug and said OK. Then he went out with his friends! I'm sure doing this Rolling Eyes as he walked out the door! Razz So SHE WILL BE MINE!! I wonder how much she is going to cost though!! Shocked Her stock is amazing!!

I think the girl did make her custom Nomado's dress.

AND if that wasn't enough there is a new beautiful J-Doll being released! Whatever am I going to do?????????????????????????????? I will bring pix of her a little later.

I have not been to Wal-Mart yet to price the jars. My guess is they will have the usual Mason Jars. I have been looking at all the different sizes and types on the internet. The reason I made an offer on the one set on ebay is because they are different than any others I have found (really lovely shape for gifts) and no shipping charge. I did find some beautiful ones at other sites but the shipping was way too much. I was thinking maybe some of the big craft shops may have some interesting ones too. I will try to hit those stores next week.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Quote :
Then he went out with his friends! I'm sure doing this as he walked out the door! So SHE WILL BE MINE!! I wonder how much she is going to cost though!! Her stock is amazing!!
YESSSSSSSS! cheers
Good thinking there my laydee! I bet he can go in with Eric on it if she is one of the pricier ones!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Score!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Oh yes, I said he and Eric can go in on it. I know she will be more than I would want either one of them to spend alone. I know some of those fancy ones are over $100 and I am guessing Ala will be one of those. I am going to pre-order her as soon as I can! EEEK! She is so perfect!

Here is the new J-Doll coming out. I think she is lovely!

Dolls - Page 25 Stroget2

Dolls - Page 25 Stroget

She makes about the 4th J-Doll that I would really love to have! Damn you JP for making so many pretty dolls!!!!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Eeek!@ She is really cool too! The eye color and long lower lashes are great! As far as her stock goes...I'm not so sure about that. It is very unique. I like the little jacket and headband, but the skirt/dress part looks like it does'nt go together or something. I do like the shoes and socks though! The bobbed hair style is really different which would be nice for variety!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi!

I just got back from spending a few hours at a friend's to finally exchange our Xmas presents! She got me such a beautiful necklace and two really fun ornaments! We both really love shoes and chocolate so she got me this ornament that is like this round shoe display filled with shoes of many colors and it says "If the shoe fits buy it in every color!" Laughing She got me another ornament that is shaped like a heart with shoes and boxes of chocolate that says "Chocolate and shoes will take away the blues!" So cute, and the neat part is they do not look Christmasy at all so I am going to hang them in my office year round.

Yes, I really love her eyes and hair too! I find her just so pretty! I actually really like her stock outfit. I wasn't sure about it at first, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it! She really is a different style from either of the two I already have. I would love to add her to the collection - I just don't know when the heck I could Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:40 pm

EEEK! I just checked and VOTD has Ala for pre-order already for $78!! I am so glad! That is just the price I like! Last year when I got Luca from VOTD the shipping was very reasonable. Also I like that you do not have to use Pay-Pal. You can use other credit cards. I have such a crappy interest rate on my Pay-pal account. I only use it if the seller doesn't except anything else, which is about 99% of evilbay! So I am excited!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Ok, I'm getting confused now...which one is Ala? The pullip or the J doll? Laughing

That is cool you and your friend has fun exchanging Christmas gifts! Chocolate and shoes will take away my blues (for a moment or two anyway!) too! Wink
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:58 am

FC which doll are you getting? My son would roll his eyes for weeks if I asked for a doll. Although he has bought me Barbies before. He got me a Sweeney Todd shirt for Christmas. He said he was going to buy me a Edward Scissorhands shirt but it was waaaay too slutty.

Hey I am 5'3 too! Boy my metabolism changed when I hit four oh. I exercise every day but Sat. I just had to get new running shoes yesterday. I wish there was a way to excercise without sweating.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:20 am

This is Ala! This is the one I am getting!!

Dolls - Page 25 Aprilpullip

The J-Doll's name is Stroget. J-Dolls are all named after streets (for some strange reason Shocked ) I hate that my beautiful Anisa is really named "Old Arbat" Rolling Eyes

I am probably going to pre-order her quite soon! I still want Prunella too though. At least I think I do scratch Yes, I do! I think so... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:53 am

OOOOH she is pretty! I love Brown eyes! I guess because mine are blue.
I like her outfit, too. especially the boots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: