Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:18 am

Aerwin, I guess we are the petite gals club around here! cheers I know Frazz is short too! Laughing Could it be I am the tallest one here? Shocked I bet Abrahammy beats me out there. Just a guess.

Ala rocks! Everthing about her is so cool! That outfit is to die for! And I love, love, love the smokey face-up! She would look so nice in period clothes too. Just fantastic! Stroget has a younger girl look to me, almost like an young adolescent in the face which is very cute.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:50 am

I think I remember Abrahammy saying at one time that she is short also, but I am not positive.

Yes, I think most of the J-Dolls look 16-18. I think my Claire looks the oldest at about 20.

I agree that Ala will look good in period clothes. I think she will look amazing in the royal blue and gold gown I bought from you Luca! Also that burgundy and gold gown I bought from ebay.

Speaking of ebay that seller has not gotten back to me about excepting my offer. He has until later today to let me know. I think he is hoping someone grabs the set for $15. It is worth it and I should have just bought it BIN, but when it says "make an offer" I figure that means they are willing to take less so I give it a try.

I checked out Wal-mart online and they sell the standard Mason jars for $12.95 for a set of 12. That is is 95 cents more than I would pay for the set on ebay if he takes my offer. And the shipping is free so it would be $12 even. That would be even less than Wal-mart since I would have to pay tax plus the 95 cents. . I would really like to get the set because they are different than the standard jars. Also, I checked out sites on the internet that sell different types of jars and I found the same jars but for more than the $15 BIN. So the seller really is asking a fair price, which is probably why he is holding out for now. But it is good to know that Wal-Mart stores do sell jars and I know I can get them there whenever I want to. I am going to hope they sell some of the other tools too. I wonder if the baking isle at the grocery stores sell the pectin and pure-gel?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:58 am

Most grocery stores sell pectin, jars, lids etc. They come out with seasonal jar designs around the holidays too. If you don't get the set on Ebay, I bet you can find lots to choose from at your local stores.

Yes! I was thinking Ala would look great in that Marie Antoinette gown you bought from me too! And the burgundy one as well! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 am

Good to know!! See, I have never looked for those items since I never really thought I would get into canning. I thought it would be a long hard process since I remember when I was little my Aunt Mary and all the boiling pots and tools and huge gloves etc. Also, when my kids were little and I was so busy with them and out and about so much I thought "Why would anyone want to be all make it yourself Martha Stewart like?" Razz Now I see the joy in being able to make things like that yourself and give as gifts. Also it doesn't hurt that we have easier way to do things than my Aunt Mary did decades ago! Twisted Evil

I am so excited about Ala, but Arya and I have been talking the last two days and she pointed me to a thread about the new type 3 dolls having issues with their wrists breaking easily Crying or Very sad Good ole JP Rolling Eyes Arya thinks I should order my Ala from Scot. She really likes him. I do think $78 is a great pre-order price for her!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:15 pm

I have the new type 3 body with Caprice and I think it rocks. Now granted, I have'nt done a ton of posing or dressed her a lot either. But, I think some of these young gals are kind of rough on their dolls so that would not be an issue with you.

The good news is the new Type 3 body feels heavier, more solid and substantial, and the hands have more range of motion. I really like them.

Oh, that gal is supposedly still considering Caprice, but seems really wishy washy still. She says she is in love with the awesome lashes you sold me! Ha! Good luck finding more of those and putting them on as well as I did! Twisted Evil I would still like to keep her, but some new eyes and goodies for Mal and perhaps Pru would be nice too.... You know how I love to spoil my dolls. Embarassed

I have found a forum called "Resinality" that has some interesting people on it. I may try to post a photostory there once Mal gets his new eyes and I figure out the first chapter... It is a tad smaller forum than DOA. There just seems to be more community feeling there in comparison, but we shall see...

So how is Arya enjoying her new girl?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for letting me know what you think of the new type 3's! Arya had me a little worried, but I told her that I don't really "play" with my dolls (as you know) I pretty much just change their clothes and display them. I think you are right though. You can see how much the teens play with their dolls and lots of posing. At our age we know how to be careful with them since we know these dolls are sold as collectibles and not toys.

Arya LOVES her new girl! She did post some cute pix of her girls on Flickr - like the one where they are afraid of her cat! I think this one does come with a lovely dress. I am so happy for her that she so enjoys her Blythes, even though we don't quite get it. That's OK, when I showed her some Bobobies she didn't quite get them! Razz Different strokes for different folks!!

I am glad you found a different community to share your BJD love than DOA. I don't think I would ever fit in on that board even if I got any BJDs.

Well, I wish that girl would make up her mind about Caprice. It is no fun not knowing if your girl is staying or going! Yes, I think we both have a habit of spoiling our dollies Twisted Evil

Well, about the jar deal. I don't expect the seller to take my offer. When I placed my offer he had 3 sets of the 12 jars all going for $15 BIN with free shipping. Now he has 1 set left, so he knows darn well he will sell all 3 for that price. That is OK. Dopey me - they are only 4 oz. jars and when I rechecked Walmart the jars for $12 to $15 are 12 to 14 oz. jars Embarassed So I would be getting much bigger jars for my money. Still the 4 oz. jars are very cute! If he doesn't take my offer I will just let them go.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey, live and learn right? It will all work out I'm sure on the jars! There are special Christmas ones you can get in the stores in November when you are starting to plan what you are going to make for gifts!

Hey, these are the eyes I am thinking of getting for Mal...please excuse the sloppy photoshopping, but it gives you the idea...
Dolls - Page 26 2188545054_6734915053
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Those eyes are gorgeous!!! What color did he come with?

Yeah, now that you have told me how easy it is to find the canning stuff I am not worried.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:43 pm

He came with black glass eyes. They don't photograph all that well to me so I am thinking I would like to change them them to the gold cat eyes.

I took some more photos today Wink ... go to Flickr to check them out! One of mal's eyelashes fell off so he isn't in many of the shots unfortunately.

But Val is quite the photogenic lad I am finding out!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Flickr is having a massage right now?? confused Shocked
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Shocked I know, so I had to show you some anyway, so I downloaded them to photobucket! I am trying to get some shots together for my first photostory. It is going to take a while....

Let me know which ones are your favs! I love you
Cool watercolor effect with photoshop
Dolls - Page 26 Frameval
Dolls - Page 26 Valbaroque3
Dolls - Page 26 Valbaroque
Dolls - Page 26 Timemachine1
Dolls - Page 26 Storybegins
Dolls - Page 26 Soulman
Dolls - Page 26 Madval1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:48 pm

HOLY CRAP I LOVE THE LAST ONE!!!!!!!!!

That is the first time I have seen his eyebrows!! They are gorgeous and so expressive!! I love his eye color so much! I also like the second to last very much, and of course the one with Mal! Dang he is CUTE!! I love his outfit and I really like his black eyes with the outfit. I really like them all! I assume the old time clock is because he is a time traveler right? Very cool. You always have the neatest backgrounds and props!

The watercolor effect is just beautiful!

(BTW, the BBQ pot roast was wonderful! Damn I love that cooker!)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Yeah! Someone bought the set of jars! cheers

Once I realized they were only 4 oz. jars I wasn't as anxious to get them because I wanted to have them for gift giving and 4 oz is not much of a gift! Razz

I look forward to seeing what I can find in the stores out by me!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Glad the pot roast was a huge success! How fun that your cooking is getting more exciting!

Thanks for the two thumbs up on the latest photos! I do love Val's expressive eyebrows to death too! i need to work on styling the hair to show them off more! I love him and Mal so much! They photograph really well! Now Pru, love her too, but she is a little tougher to photograph! I'll have to work some more on that!

Yes, the old Sessions clock I have is from the late 1800's supposedly. It is one of the few true antiques I have. I actually works sometimes for short periods too! Yes, I am using that as his time machine vehicle...I wanted to see how it photographed as far as scale and color and I think it works.
There is a genre of sci-fic called "Steam Punk" and that is what I am gravitating towards for my story!

Must go eat now too! Baked fish and sweet potato baked fries! Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Very cool! You are so creative!! A sci-fi story!! I cannot wait to read it!

The clock is gorgeous!! I love antiques!! When hubby and I were first married we went antiquing a lot! Rob was into the old radios and I was into the old depression glassware. I have a ton of it! How cool that it is from the 1800s! It works perfect for your story.

I think Pru is lovely but Val is like "a character" doll! You can really "see" a personality/character in his face and eyes. He was made to be photographed.

Yes, I love when cooking is fun!

I just took the money I saved by not buying the jars and instead bought a Blue Ball cookbook on preserves/canning. It had 21 reviews on Amazon and all gave it 5 stars and said it was the best book and recipes for canning. I got it for $10 shipped. I have had great luck getting cookbooks from Amazon over the last few used. Most of them used and in excellent condition. This seller says that it is new, and that is cheaper than I could get it new at other cookbook sites.

Oh, I have never had sweet potato fries!! I really like sweet potatoes, but my kids don't so I do not make them very often. White Castle (where Eric works) sells sweet potato fries at Thanksgiving. Eric wouldn't even try one while he was making them Razz Goofy boy! He says they are so popular and lots of customers rave about them and yet he wouldn't even try one Rolling Eyes

I wish I liked fish since it is so healthy, but there is very little fish I like. I did start taking Salmon fish oil capsules twice a day.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 pm

I know you are going to love canning my laydee...especially in the summer when all the fruit and veggies are in season! You will be able to enjoy the benefits of canning year round!

Well, gulp...I submitted the first chapter of my story at Resinality...Already got one response. I had fun doing it and it flowed really easily. I had some kind of problem there getting the photos to post the right size which was a first, but I will leave it as is for now. You are right about Valerian and Mal, they are such character dolls that I am inspired to write about and photograph them. Pru does go well with them, and as long as she has her lashes and flashy clothes...I think she will hold her own!
http://www.abjds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2442

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 am

Well, I registered and posted a response! Good luck! I hope you get lots of responses! I think the pix are amazing and I am very interested in your story and where it leads your readers! You have really taken your doll hobby to new heights! I just like to collect and look at them Razz I don't think I could ever write stories and take photos as good as you! I don't even have the nerve to try!

At least I do have the nerve to try new things like making jewelry and canning! I don't know if I will can that much in the way of veggies. I am mostly interested in making my own jams and preserves, apple butter, corn relish, and chutneys! My Aunt Mary used to make her own pickles, but I don't know if I will do that. Pickles aren't all that exciting Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:07 am

Aw, thanks for all your support with my creative doll endeavors. For me, they really are a lot about the artistic expression thing.I spend a ton of time taking photos, posing the dolls, and thinking about the shoots. I don't blame you for not wanting or even imaging getting into this at that level. Believe me, I know that isn't for eveyone.

Even if I don't get much response, it was a fun thing to try. Resinality is a much smaller board than DOA, probably about half the size from what I can tell. It takes a while for things to get noticed over there, if they are going to be. I need to figure out out to change the icon to Science Fiction v.s Fantasy, although it really is a little of both, but they don't give the option for choosing two icons to lable your story. I finally got Mal's photo the right size.... Rolling Eyes

I would'nt can veggies much either, except I do love homecanned pickles, salsa, and spaghetti sauce!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 am

I've made my own salsa before with my Rocket Chef! Very good, but of course that was for eating fresh when I made it. It will be good to make some and can it for whenever someone wants it. Yes, I should try to make my own spaghetti sauce! We go through so much of it! Justin is one of those who has a little mostaccioli with his sauce Rolling Eyes I on the other hand am all about the pasta and add just enough sauce to taste. So you do the pickles? Do they taste much better than the ones from the store? I love bread and butter pickles and baby dills. Rob loves hamburger dills which makes me pucker just to think of them silent

True, I don't have the time or patience for the doll photoshoots, but it is also about talent and confidence. It takes a lot of confidence to put your work out there for others to critique. So you are creative, talented and ballsy! I hope you really enjoy your new BJD community! They are lucky to have you!

Well, I just put myself on the preorder list for ALa at PS!! bounce My first time with a pre-order there! My only other pre-order was Luca from Scot. Shana is selling ALa at the same pre-sale price of $78 and she doesn't need full payment until April 10th! Also I see she takes checks! I never knew that. I thought with her I would have to use Pay-Pal. So the boys have time to pull there money and send a check for her!! I am so excited! She will be only my 4th Pullip/Taeyang to get NRFB! So out of 15 dolls (when you add her and my two J-Dolls) I have only gotten 5 with their stock Razz But ALa's stock is a MUST HAVE! BTW, that is not a typo. They spell her name capital AL and small a.

Funny, I got an email from ebay that the seller of those jars has listed more sets, except now they are BIN $16 with $7 to ship affraid So a lot more! Guess he thinks he can get that price. No wonder he declined my offer Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:48 am

Well, I have already named her even though she won't be here until May! Razz

Aletta! It means winged one!! How could I not name her that! I thought about Angelica (which is a beautiful name meaning Angel) but the only Angelica I have ever known is that nasty little girl on The Rugrats!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Aleta! I love that! Congrats on your new doll!

Are you sitting down...? I just did an impulse buy that I could'nt resist. It was'nt a huge savings, but I just like less hassle of the clean transaction.

I bought a NS Bobobie Sprite without a face-up from a gal on DOA for 125.00 + shipping. Shocked Shocked Shocked The price is about what you would pay from a dealer, but this gal offered to tighten the stringing for me which I felt was something I could'nt get from a dealer. I had planned on waiting, but the trigger finger got the best of me. Now I will have to wait on the tops and make-up I was going to buy this month... oh well. No

There is a gal I am contacting about doing a face-up for me...she is offering them for 15.00. Of course it will cost me 10.00 to ship to and back I am estimating (Just the head though!) and I will get exactly what
I want...no trying to communicate with Chinese artists. I am thinking this will save me about 50.00 in the long run-so I guess it is a savings.

I am still getting some interest in Caprice and I am also trying to sell
Ali on Requiem to help cover the costs...

Dayum. Just when I thought my doll spending was under control again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:52 pm

First off - thanks for liking the name Aletta! It is perfect for her. It begins with the first two letters of her Pullip name and ends with the last letter of her Pullip name AND means winged one! Just too perfect - like her! But I cannot believe she won't be here for my real birthday. I am going to have Rob print out a pic of her and the boys can put the pic in my birthday card Razz

Congrats on getting your Sprite! I know you will be so pleased! Restringing? Is this something that has to be done to all the BJDs? You must really love them for all you go through for them! SELLING ALI???? affraid I never dreamed you would sell Ali No She looks so amazing in everything! I would never part with my Natalie. You couldn't pry her from my cold dead hands Evil or Very Mad But, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! Twisted Evil

I don't think we will ever be able to stop our doll spending! Well, for me I think I am done getting clothes etc. I will concentrate on dolls. After Aletta I am pretty darn sure I will get a Prunella and a few more J-Dolls. But I think I am pretty set on clothes and shoes etc. for them. Just another reason I am putting off getting any BJDs. I would need to start buying more clothes and shoes and wigs and all that stuff again. Having dolls that can wear all the great Barbie clothes and shoes works for me. Besides, I simply cannot stop falling in love with Pullips Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Watch out! They are coming out with more 1/6 BJD's! Twisted Evil
Just kidding! I think they are way overpriced...as most of them are!
I will say I actually think Val is worth the money, and so was Pru. I know
the Sprite will be too since she will come out being like the cost of 2 Pullips. And she is going to be a really interesting character in my plot...
an evil elf/witch! Twisted Evil

Yes, I am very bad and out of control. Shocked I love Ali, but feel the need to cut back on my Pullip collection since my BJD one is growing more rapidly than I thought and my interest is no longer what it was.

You won't have Aletta by your birthday????? When in the month is your B-day? Will she not get shipped until May? affraid
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:58 pm

I think another thing that made me jump on the Sprite train now is that for a brief moment I had my self convinced I wanted to try to do her face-up myself! Shocked

And I would have probably given it a try-except the bloody sealer that you need to use is practically not available anywhere and the only alternative is $20.00 with shipping! So, I figured I may as well save myself the frustration and just pay the 20.00 and have it done by someone that will be more skilled than I am and give me what I want.
I would have probably spent 40-50.00 on materials before I even realized it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Well, my birthday is April 10th and Scot's site says that ALa will be shipped the first week of May Sad I assume it will be the same for Shana. So no, she is my birthday month doll but she will not get to me by my birthday No So sad. I mean 4 months I have to wait for her Crying or Very sad But that is OK. I will be busy canning! Also, on my birthday I will get Claire and Anisa. Claire is from Rob since she was $100, and Anisa is from my folks. I will get money from my MIL also, but I will use that for something NOT doll related Laughing I mean I have to get something else right? Right?

I bet your Sprite will make an awesome elf/witch Twisted Evil

I am sad though that the dolls that brought us together no longer interest you Sad I do hope that you will still enjoy my Pullip/Taeyang pix here, as I know my love for them is not going anywhere.

Now, a 1/6 BJD who could wear my Barbie clothes might peak my interest?? Wink But I would have to see their face-up and eyes first. I think that is another hesitation for me. I guess I cannot fall in love with a doll that I don't really know what they will look like until I get her/him Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: