Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:18 am

Sounds like you have a busy, but fun weekend ahead! So both your babies both in their upper teen years now! Time sure flies does'nt it!

I know how you feel about the parton deal...no one likes a carrot dangled then pulled away. No But, I think you will find another one sometime. I know you usually get what you want one way or another! Amirite? Twisted Evil

The new JP BJD's are the big super dollfie size. From those photos, I have to say they are kind of boring looking. The clothing looks great, but the faces look like so many other dollfie sculpts out there. Not very original. I bet they will be in the 300-500.00 price range based on the size. Some pullips are going for 150.00 so they will have to be significantly more considering the higher cost of resin vs. plastic, and the string system of attaching their joints. Also, you can't mass produce BJD face-ups either. All the other companies hire artists to hand paint them, so that will greatly increase the cost as well. So far from what I have seen I am not overly impressed.

But, I do think they will have a winner with the petdolls! The little bat eared one is really cool! I just think all the petdolls from all the companies are so dreadfully overpriced!

Have a good day! Hope you get everything done you need to!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:00 pm

Hello!

Well, the furnace guy couldn't do much for us today. He says something is stuck in our chimney Shocked You know how freaking high our roof is (and how steep) so he didn't have a ladder that big. He is going to come back Tuesday afternoon with a 45 ft. ladder and try to clear the chimney. What a pain. I wonder what this will cost us Mad So still dealing with hot water issues and the money to the plumber was probably a waste. See, the blockage in the chimney is causing a back-draft that is blowing out the pilot on the hot water heater. Probably once that is clear the water heater will be fine. I bet we didn't need the thermocouple Evil or Very Mad Oh well.

If those JP BJDs are $300 to $500 that will leave me out Sad No way I am paying big bucks for the little pets - no matter how cute they are! And they are cute!!

Got to visit with my dad today. Take care of some paperwork and go over everything for Eric to take over the SUV. We will go to the DMV Weds. (gee, I was just there last week with Justin Razz ) and switch over the insurance. Eric can get the car Weds. night. Monday we will transfer the money Eric withdrew today to my dad's account. Gee, instead of my kid asking to borrow my car, I may be asking to borrow my kid's car. (I so love that Blazer)

Dad seemed a little stronger to me today, but both the boys were with and I think he really perks up around them. His eyes did not look good though. He is very week. No wheelchair today as Rob wanted to stay home and talk with the furnace guy. Dad didn't seem all that up for it anyway today. He was happy to see those cans of Spaghetti'Os Suspect

Well, look what I found Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Dolls - Page 35 Weeps

They are so damn adorable and pretty Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Dolls - Page 35 Weeps2
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:19 pm

Eeek they sure are adorable! I would'nt mind having that set myself! Twisted Evil

That really sucks about the chimney backdraft business...so no hot water again????? affraid affraid

Glad you had a good visit with your Dad and the Blazer deal is turning out so well for Eric. He must be just beside himself! And that is great you will get to use it too!

Well, I better get off my butt and go get ready to go out to dinner! We are thinking about going to see No Country for Old Men tonight too! cheers

I have been working on my photostory again...may put up the next chapter tomorrow! Wink 17 hours and counting until the end of the Bill auction...I am really curious how the last few hours of it are going to turn out! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh, I so wish they were available and we could both get a set of them! I found those pix while I was hunting Flickr for doll adoption. Sadly, those two cuties were not up for adoption Crying or Very sad . Dang JP for not making any more Hestias Mad Do you know some of the stock on those new butt ugly dolls were stock outfits on Hestia prototypes? Suspect Those freaking dolls that look like someone sat on their faces Evil or Very Mad Sad, sad.

Ha, I was kidding about asking to borrow Eric's car Razz I have driven it many times though since dad went into the hospital in April and it is one very fine vehicle! I love that you can heat the seats in winter!!

Hubby is NOT excited that Eric bought the SUV because those are expensive to fix when they need repairs, and this one has so many fancy features that can have issues. We will have to keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens for a long time.

I've been keeping my eye on the auction. My guess is the last hour tomorrow will have a bidding frenzy! That's always what happens when Rob and I want something. You should see what happened with the last ham radio Rob tried to buy with his Xmas gift money. The last 30 mins. was nuts!! The radio jumped over $200 during that frenzy. Way more than Rob wanted to spend on it. So we just sat back and watched it go up and up. I felt bad for Rob though because he was the highest bidder all that day and then kept getting out bid until he had to give up. I could feel his let down, even though he said he was fine with it.

Have a great dinner and enjoy the movie!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:42 pm

We skipped the movie.

Chapter 3 is up! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 am

Aw, too bad you skipped the movie. I know you really like DDL. BUT, if you skipped the movie to work on your story THAT is a great reason!!

Your story just gets better and better and your pictures are SO amazing!! Like I said there - I am so thrilled that the necklace I made is playing an important role in the story! I feel even more connected now! You are such an artist! Your hubby must be so proud of your work too! Tell me what you think of my avi over there. I will have to find time this week to get better pix of Isis and Rhian and get a perfect avi of Rhian! Hopefully she fits in over there scratch

Today is the day!! Your Bill doll will become your Bill DOLLars!!$$$$ So exciting! I will probably have just enough time to watch the ending before I get ready for company.

I am a wee bit nervous about our company and Eric driving tonight, as we have freezing rain in the forecast Shocked I fear folks will want to leave early, especially Justin's Godmother since they live an hour away. Eric starts his pizza delivery job today. This is the busiest day of the year for pizza delivery and the thought of him doing that in freezing rain scares the crap out of me affraid I hope they are wrong and it holds off to late evening. I tell you, I do not remember there ever being a worse winter than this one. We don't seem to go a week without snow or ice or the deep freeze No I don't think I have ever wanted spring to arrive more than I do right now!

Gotta go wash the wood floors and the upstairs baths!!

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:46 am

We got our about 6 inches of new snow yesterday, so hubby just grabbed take-out Japanese and we stayed home. Just did'nt feel like being out in it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for no freezing rain for Eric's first day as pizza delivery man extraordinaire! He should make some bucks today for sure! At least he is in a nice, heavy, reliable rig that has 4 wheel drive! That would make me feel a little better...

Thanks so much for your support on the story...that means a lot to me! I have such a blast doing it that I hope interest continues to build. That makes me strive to do better with audience appreciation! Very Happy I must go over there and check out your avie! Wink

Well, hope your party goes well and birthday boy approves!
Who is the superbowl halftime -entertainment do you know?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:55 am

Your welcome! You know you always have my support and attention!

6 new inches of snow! Sucks doesn't it!! Maybe you got what we got Thursday night - only we got more than 6! I don't blame your hubby for going with fast food and staying in!

I guess when it comes to freezing rain and ice I just can't help but worry No Hopefully it will come later - after Eric gets home.

Birthday boys approves of anything as long as there is money going his way Twisted Evil We are getting pizza delivered from where Eric is working. We are hoping he gets to deliver it!

You know, I have no clue who the half-time entertainment is scratch
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:31 am

Parton said she would consider selling me Wolf for $80 Shocked I don't think that is with shipping either. So $90. I don't know. I think that is too much for her nude with her wig removed. I may just wait and see what the future brings.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah, that is a lot of money for her. The new ones go for about 100-130 with stock and everything right? But, you got one of yours for like 85.00 with her beautiful stock included-so it does seem like that is a tad high. What did she get for her Ribon I wonder?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Well, she hasn't sold her Ribon yet. She is asking just $65 for her with some stuff and $10 shipping. So $75. I do not like that one well enough to pay $75. I would gladly go $100 for Wolf used in stock and $120 NRFB. I found a site in Japan that has her, but it looks like you have to be a retailer to order her. I may ask the two sellers on ebay that I got Isis and Rhian if they could get her and sell her to me. I don't know if that is something they can do or not.

Company is here!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:48 pm

EEEk! Let the party begin!!!! cheers

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Well, everyone left a little while ago. It is snowing like mad plus freezing fog Shocked Could Eric have picked a better night to start a pizza delivery job Mad We got 5 large pizzas from there tonight. When I placed the order I asked if Eric could be the one to delivery it. They said sure they would work it out that way. We were his 4th delivery. The first 3 each gave him a $5 tip. That was in a hour. So he calls me from his cell phone and says "Lady, your pizzas will be there in 2 mins. and you better be a good tipper!" Laughing So I tell everyone what he said and they all pitched in some money for a tip. So Eric got a $25 tip from us! So he was pretty darn happy! Plus we gave him a plate of pizza and some pop for the road! I just wish he didn't have to drive around his first night in a freaking snow storm. I can't believe we are having another one after just having one Thursday night and Friday morning. Good grief! I can't wait for him to get home and found out how he liked it and how much he made! I hope he is happy with his decision to do this.

Justin enjoyed his little party and got plenty of $$$. Pizza, pop, cake and cash! That's all a 17 year old wants from a B-Day party!

Yeah, I have decided I would not pay that much for Wolf nude and without her stock wig. I will just keep my eyes open for one to pop up somewhere someday.

Well, I best clean up from the little party and take a shower. I hope there is school tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Glad Justin enjoyed his 17th bash! Football, pizza, pop, and cake is a winning combo for sure!

I bet Eric is flying high on the tips and excitement of his first day. What time does he get off? Hope it is soon so you can go to bed!

Yeah, I think the right deal will come up for you on the other Hestia's you want. They are rare, but still floating around I think.

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Eric got home safe and sound at 9:35. He said the weather sucked and the roads weren't great, but he made $125 in 5 hours between tips and hourly wage. Of couse $25 of that came from our house Razz Still, he is really please about how tonight went. He knows he won't make that every night. Superbowl Sunday is a huge night for pizza! But I am happy and can go to bed now. Talked to my mom after cleaning up from the little party and dad had an OK day. She was rooting for the Giants so she was happy. I was rooting for New England because they have the cuter Quaterback Twisted Evil

Nite-nite!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:29 am

Hey Luca, I thought our pillow shams might make a nice background for the sisters. What do you think?

Dolls - Page 35 IM002073

Dolls - Page 35 IM002072

Dolls - Page 35 IM002071

Dolls - Page 35 IM002069

Dolls - Page 35 IM002061

Dolls - Page 35 IM002058

Dolls - Page 35 IM002067

ETA: LUCA, LUCA, LUCA!!!!

I think I just bought a NRFB Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a site called Doll Collectable in Japan that had her. I was a wee bit confused with the ordering process, but it said I ordered her and that I will be receiving a Pay-Pal invoice in a few days Shocked I so hope I did it right and that I converted all the Yen charges correctly. I won't feel I am actually getting her until she is here! Not sure what I am going to do, but I may sell a couple of dolls for Hestias Shocked Shocked Have I mentioned I LOVE Hestias??
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:42 pm

The pillow shams rock as a background! How cool the colors in them are similar to the colors in the sister's clothing! Excellent choice my laydee! Your taste is impeccable as always! You got some really nice shots with that batch of photos! I especially like the first one and the second to the last one.

My jaw is open that you were able to figure out how to order anything on the Japanese site!!!! affraid HIgh five for that! This is going to be such a learning experience for both of us! See? I knew you would perservere! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Thanks!! There are some nice ones there. I was going to look for a poster or something for a background and then when I made the bed I went DUH!! Use the shams! My photos are still pretty bad compared to yours Embarassed .

Honestly, I am not 100% if I did the order right. It was so confusing. I just know I got an email confirming the order and it gave me an order number. The whole shipping selection process was so confusing. It looks like it says it will take 4 weeks and something about not actually putting through the order until I get the Pay-Pal invoice and OK everything. Like I said - I won't believe it until she is in my hot little hands! I have my fingers crossed though that it all works out. I want her in the worse way. They had her sister too. I do like Red, but nowhere near as much as Wolf and I just won't spend that much if I am not 100% sure. Plus, I sure didn't want to order two dolls when I wasn't sure about how this place is going to work. If it all works out and I actually get Wolf and I'm as thrilled with her as I am with Isis and Rhian then maybe I will get Red. Then for sure I will be putting some dolls on the market. Or save Wolf and Red for next Xmas Razz santa

Anyway, like I said before, if it's meant for me to have Wolf I will. If something goes wrong with this ordering from a store in Japan then I will just have to keep looking!

UGH, both my boys are out and it is so freaking foggy AND tomorrow night we are suppose to get another snowstorm with 5 inches predicted Mad What the hell is going on this winter? Almost everyday we either have snow, fog, ice, rain, frigid cold! I can't remember the last decent day.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Gosh, it sure has been a rough winter for you guys has'nt it?

It sounds like you are in good shape with your order. That is how they do it at Cancan wigs. They send you an invoice and the process begins. I think your Wolf is going to be coming your way! Why in the heck would it take 4 weeks though? Shocked

I actually meant to comment on this when I replied earlier from work....
You would actually sell some of your collection to get Wolf and Red??????
affraid affraid affraid
Are you serious? I never thought I would hear you say that!!!! Who would you let go of?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:27 pm

I know. Honestly, I don't want to Crying or Very sad I just feel like I have to, especially if I were to decide to try and get Red. I just don't know how I could justify getting them if they are not gifts from someone for an occasion. I would feel too guilty. Who to sell would be a hard choice. I was thinking of seeing if two of my daycare moms wanted to buy one for their daughters' birthdays. Katie has a Papin and really loves my Lead as a boyfriend. I got him for such a good price that I would be happy selling him to Katie's mom for $50. Kim would love to get another doll for Katie, but finds them pretty expensive for a 4 year old. I think she would be OK with $50. I have a 10 year old girl, Marissa, who loves Pullips and really wants one for her birthday (she has a mini Raphia) Her mom thought of getting her one for her birthday in April, but they are also thinking of getting a dog. I thought I could see if she wanted to buy her Didi or Neora for $50. If I got $100 than that would go along way to cover Red if I decided to get her. Those are the only 3 I could bring myself to sell. I don't think I could part with any of the others No

Yes, our weather has been insane. I have the weatherman on right now talking about our big winter storm for tomorrow evening. Now they are saying we could get 9 inches affraid I am so sick of snow!!! Besides, if it is that bad we won't be able to go to the DMV Weds. to transfer the SUV title to Eric. The one in Plano is a 20 min. drive of pretty open roads that would probably be a bit of a mess.

The site says shipping to USA could take 2 to 4 weeks. Well, I have waited two weeks for most of my overseas dolls. Even my doll from Canada took 2 weeks from the day I ordered her. Also, it reads about not placing the order until the Pay-Pal is confirmed. So maybe it is 2 to 4 weeks from when you first order. I just want her, no matter how long it takes for her to get here!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:32 pm

I am surprized that you were able to choose more than one you may consider selling! Now you know how it feels to want new ones so bad that getting rid of some of the less loved ones seems doable! Once you get over the mental hump, then you just resign yourself that it must be done.

There are moments when you have second thoughts, because miraculously the dolls look better right before you sell them than they ever have before! I know it is just a mind game thing that I play with myself, but that does'nt last long and once I have made up my mind to do it, it works out. I really have no regrets about selling any of my dolls so far.

That sure would be sweet to sell the dolls locally and not have to deal with posting an ad, paypal,or shipping!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 am

Good morning!

OMG, I think I am getting Wolf! Doll Collectible sent info and a Pay-Pal invoice! I cannot believe it! What I cannot believe is the price. My conversions appeared to be right - $104 shipped! I kept thinking that just cannot be, but the email and Pay-Pal said so too! Can you believe it??!!

It is not going to be easy to sell them. I don't know if I can sell them locally or not, but maybe. The moms might want to buy their girls NRFB. Then I will have to figure out if I want to do anything else. If I don't get Red (and I don't think I will) then I won't feel like I have to sell any. It would be the same price for Red and it is tempting - but I think Wolf will satisfy my Hestia to play with need quite well!! I mean, I love her stock very much, but I can easily see taking her out of it as I wouldn't feel the need to keep her persona as "Wolf". Where with the gorgeous sisters I just can't see changing them.

Gotta run - it is crazy Tuesday! Lots of little ones and the heating man is coming to clean out the chimney.

Also, they are now saying snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. Maybe a foot total!! affraid Winter sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: OMG, I just got an email from Doll Collectible that they have labeled her. Could it be true? Will I really get Wolf??? I am still sorta in disbelief that I found a store in Japan that will send her to me and that I did it all right Shocked AND that she really will come to me at $104 Shocked I so thought if I ever found her I would have to pay more. The store has a lot of dolls on sale for $70, so the rest is shipping. Still that is less than I paid for Rhian and she is a wee bit easier to find. She is at Doll Collectable for $70 too. So is Red. They have 4 Hestias - Wolf, Red, Rhian, and one more. I forgot which one.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:46 am

Eeek! Secret Agent 0053 strikes again! cheers I knew you would find the best deal! How amazing you did it mainly in Japanese!

Have a good day! Gotta go in early.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:38 am

Well, most of it was done with English translation. I did have to go to a Yen to USD converter site to figure out the charges, plus the rate exchange. The problem I had was with the explanation for how it was to be shipped overseas and I couldn't find a place to pay with a CC, so I was afraid to hit the "submit order" button. Then as soon as I hit submit order I got the message about getting a Pay-Pal invoice for USA orders. WHY couldn't that explain that part on the home page. The home page said I would have to pay by CC COD. I was worried about how that would work - especially if I wasn't home. The emails are all in English that I have gotten since I submitted the order. The email confirmed the price and exchange rate. When you think about how I could have paid Parton $90 for her used with a different wig and no stock!! affraid Thank GOD I didn't take that deal!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Yes, my laydee...the Parton deal was not meant to be and this one is!

I have a feeling wollf is going to turn into my alltime fav Hestia...she is just wicked cool! I would like to see what she looks like with added lashes just for fun when you get her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: