Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks you guys...I was a tad disappointed about not getting the doll, yeah right majorly disappointed, but always knew in the back of my mind that ordering the doll in mid- November when I did would bring the estimated date of 20-30 days for a custom face-up right smack dab into the holiday shipping issues. Ah well, I hope you get your stuff for your son Aerwin! Christmas is all about the kids anyway! We just had a wonderful vacation and that was part of my Birthday, Christmas, New Years, Anniversary presents all rolled into one!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes, you just got a present that is priceless!! Such an amazing experience and you got to share it will the love of your life! Everything else this holiday season is gravy! Time flies this time of the year and your guy really will be here before you know it!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:28 pm

I hope you are right my laydee about the time going fast until my guy gets here!

I am just dying to see him with Pru!

I want this to be me openning him up now!
Dolls - Page 19 Princeeldorgod012-1

ETA:Are you getting excited about openning your boys up???? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Cool picture!! He looks awesome! Funny how small their heads look after seeing close-up pix of dolls you think they all have larger heads Razz

I am rushed right now - just checking in. I got a call that the nurse thinks my dad needs to go to the hospital. She didn't like the way his heart sounded and even more edema. They took blood tests, she ran them to the lab and called his doc. We are waiting to see what he says. I am pretty sure he will say for the paramedics to come and take him. Then I will be leaving for the hospital. Wish us all luck. I actually am pretty prepared for this. I have seen it coming.

I pretty much finished all my Xmas shopping today. Just a couple more things for hubby and DONE.

Oops - that's it goota go
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:56 pm

Quote :
I am rushed right now - just checking in. I got a call that the nurse thinks my dad needs to go to the hospital. She didn't like the way his heart sounded and even more edema. They took blood tests, she ran them to the lab and called his doc. We are waiting to see what he says. I am pretty sure he will say for the paramedics to come and take him. Then I will be leaving for the hospital. Wish us all luck. I actually am pretty prepared for this. I have seen it coming.
I do wish you all the luck in the world. I am glad you are as prepared as you can be.

Let us know what happens! (((FC)))))
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 pm

Well, I just got in a little while ago. 6 hours in the ER is not a fun Friday night. Well, his heart rate is 127 right now. He is full of water. His kidneys are not working right and he has an irregular heart beat. They started the IV with strong meds to try to get the fluid out, but when I left, after 3 hours of it being in, the bag only had 500 CCs and it was dark urine color. That doesn't seem good to me. I am going to sleep dressed tonight just in case. If things seem better in the morning mom and I will go back tomorrow afternoon as they will be running some test in the morning. He is in a regular room right now, so I am hoping that means it is not that serious (though I know it is, just not like he is going to die tonight) They do not think he had a heart attack, though he had some chest pain earlier today, but said it was inconclusive from the test they took tonight. He is having trouble breathing and it's hard for him to talk without running out of breath. Poor guy Sad He is so sad to be back in the hospital and just so tired of it all. Man, so am I Crying or Very sad Just so much hospitals, rehabs and doctors appointments. 8 months of it so far.

Well, Eric just got in from work. He doesn't know about it yet, so I am going to go talk to him.

Talk to you later! Thanks for the hugs - and back at ya! I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Glad you are home and that your Dad is not in the ICU. Things do sound very serious, but like you said, it is a good sign he was admitted onto the regular medical floors.

I know it has been an incredibly hard 8 months for your Dad and for your entire family. My prayers are with you.

I guess you will know more tomorrow after the tests come back.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Thanks. I do think it is some what encouraging that they didn't put him in ICU. I just wish more fluid was coming out by the time I left. Makes me wonder if his kidneys just can't process it.

Honestly, I just couldn't handle him dying at Christmas time. My FIL died on Dec. 14th four years ago. I think about him so much at the holidays and how hard that first Christmas was after he died. I just don't want both of our dads to have died right at Christmas time No It's never easy to lose your parents, but losing them at Christmas just really hurts.

Will you be seeing your family on Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 am

I hope he makes it through Christmas too...there is never a good time, but that is the worst.

I have never met my mother and I am not close to my father and step mother. I have'ne seen my Dad in about 7 years. We do talk on the phone occassionally. I was raised by my Dad's mother and she passed several years ago. She was quite an unhappy woman. You are very lucky to have such wonderful parents, believe me I envy you.

My husband's Dad is really getting up there in age, early 80's and has some health issues. He will probably go down to see him in Texas in March. We vowed never to travel around the holidays-that really sucks. We gave that up about 5 years ago. Too expensive and too stressfull.
And most of his family has never made the effort to come visit us here since we have been here which has been about 15 years. It gets very old spending all your vacation money and time visiting his family, especially when it seems like you can't make anyone happy. Whatever you do it is never enough. Shocked We did see his oldest brother and his wife before we went to Italy in October. It is the first time they have come up here since we moved here in 1991.

We ususually get together with friends before the holidays for parties, but usually are alone for Christmas. I have not experienced big family Christmas celebrations except with my husband's family which were fun, but utter chaos because of so many people and so much cooking and cleaning for all the women. Christmas has never meant family time for me because I was an only child raised by my widowed grandmother...so I am use to a different kind of situation. Reality is you don't miss what you have never had in most cases. I am not overly religious and don't have kids, so Christmas is just a time for celebrating friends, spending time with my husband, and the festive nature of the season.

Are you on your way to the hospital this morning?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:31 am

Good morning.

Wow, I am so sorry Crying or Very sad I had no idea you didn't know your mom. That is so sad - for her too because you turned out to be such a wonderful woman! Your grandma did something right. A part of me wishes I weren't so close to my folks. It would make times like this a little easier, if that make any sense. Christmas with just hubby and friends can be every bit as wonderful and fulfilling as larger family celebration. We are not a large family, Xmas Eve is usually about 20 to 24, so manageable and fun. We don't have any of those family arguments you see in movies and on TV. They all have been the best day of the year for me, except the first Xmas we were married. I had found out I was pregnant about 4 weeks before Christmas, but I had a miscarriage on the day before Xmas Eve. But 4 months later I was preggers with Eric so it all worked out as it was meant to be!

I am going to the hospital later today. Hubby is there with my mom. We got a call at 4:00 AM that he was taken to ICU for a drip he couldn't get in a regular room. Sadly, the blood pressure is to low and they said he needed to have fluid put in for that, even though he has too much fluid in him from the CHF Shocked They are leaning toward he did have a heart attack, but still not sure. So I only got a few hours of sleep. It was snowing this morning, so Rob drove Justin to work. Since he was already out that way he picked up my mom and took her to the hospital and is staying there awhile while I prepare some lasagnas and rolls for the guys to eat after I leave. Eric is working 3:00 to 11:00 and Justin is getting home at 2:30 so I am trying to get a good meal in both of them before I go.

I do not think this is going to be a good week. I am trying to think positive, but I just really have a bad feeling this time.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:22 pm

I know that sometimes intituition can be almost scary sometimes it is so accurate...I hope you are wrong though. Your husband rocks btw, but you know that! I am so glad you have his love and support during this difficult time. I still worry about you though.

Sounds like you have a really cool family. I love my husbands family, but it is kind of dysfunctional and there are a lot of issues that make it difficult to really have close relationships with any of them.

I wanted to try and cheer you up with some Christmas shots of my clan and the weather is beautiful today, so here it goes!

Dolls - Page 19 2112766137_ec6f39dec7
Gotta run and go make some biscotti...I promised hubby!
Dolls - Page 19 2113546452_797205d082

Dolls - Page 19 2112765191_649c0bcac8

Dolls - Page 19 2113547336_dca86a0c13
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Some more new Hid photos...this gal put hers in a white wig. I like it, but it washes him out a bit-especially with those red eyes! I sure am pleased with the quality of the face-ups they do, I think they have really good quality control. It should be really interesting to see what they do when asked to deviate from the norm!

Dolls - Page 19 IMG_3324-1

Dolls - Page 19 IMG_3339-1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:05 pm

Holy crap! Your Xmas pix are awesome!! Ali looks gorgeous!!!!!! You have the most amazing taste and style!!

Yes, hubby rocks! It is snowing really bad so he took Justin too and from work, got Eric off to work and is back to take me to the hospital as he didn't want me driving in it!! I think sexual favors are in my future! Razz

So we are off! Talk to you later!!

Love ya lots!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:52 pm

Ok, so I am seriously in love with the Bobobie Sprite because of this photo and am thinking about selling Uncanricky and Willow to get her...
Should I try to sell them both nude and sell the stock separately on Ebay?
A new Unca goes for 83.00 for 10.00 shipping. I would kind of like to keep her stock because it rocks and the hat may look good on Hid or the pet!
So what do you think nude...60.00? Suiseiseki goes for 110.00. I am thinking of asking 75.00 with her Cancan wig and that teddy bear dress and keeping her stock to sell separately. How do you think that sounds?
I kind of hate to sell them...but I MUST HAVE HER!

Dolls - Page 19 Sprite00

I got my boy's wig and eyes, and the clothes I commissioned... I think the combo is going to be cool! Now if I only had the doll! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:38 am

I some how missed those new Hid pix the last time I was in here scratch He looks amazing! I love him in the white wig! Still not crazy about the red eyes No I wonder why so many people like to get the red eyes? I guess they go for the evil/demonic look. Does that Hid have the standard face-up? If so, I could live with that!

Oh, no! Sell Caprice and Willow?? affraid But, the Spite dolls are truly adorable and you got to do what you got to do! I think you can sell Uncan nude for $60 easy. I bet you sell her really fast! I would hang on to her stock too. It is the best stock of the Pullips I think. Sounds like a fair price for Willow too. I will miss them Crying or Very sad

Cool that you got your wig, eyes and clothes!! Hid will follow soon!!

Catch ya later!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:02 am

Well, I put out some feelers about the Pullip girls. Ravie said she wanted to buy a nude Unca, so we'll see if she ponies up.

Yes, that is Hid's stock face-up. Beautiful isn't it!? I hope the changes I asked for blend with it! I am really glad I did'nt change his eye-makeup much other than adding some white lower lashes, and keeping his original brows...I am getting a little nervous about the mouth changes and the extra blush I asked for, but at least they are very subtle changes... Shocked

Pru is wearing Valerian's new wig (Yes, Arya came up with the new name!)
It looks so fab on her...He is really going to look great in it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:11 am

Cool name!! Hope Pru doesn't mind giving up her new "do" for her new man!!

Don't worry! Your guy will be fabulous! You have a great eye and great taste!

Hope you get quick sales!!

I got to run off now!

Later!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:37 pm

Oh Luca lookie!!

Pretty girl!

I want so much to buy her!!!!! Too bad no money Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Eeek! She is sure a gorgeous gal!

I know about the money...the only way I can possibly add more dolls is to sell some of what I have. I have to stop the buying now and start the selling. And if they don't sell, no worries because I really have all I need anyway! I need to keep saying that to convince myself! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:49 pm

I should have enough dolls, but I don't Razz

Those dolls are discontinued and out of stock. That company is going to be presenting more though. I really like that one though. I will keep my eye on that company though and see if I like their future releases.

This post brought to you today by the word "though" Embarassed I guess my brain is a little fried.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:55 pm

Don't ever worry my friend about a lapse of mental prowness...you know I am the queen of senior moments anyway, and i have no excuse! Embarassed

I am having my share of family stress myself...I won't even go there about it here. Just the usual dysfunctional, emotion driven family stuff that seems to crop up during a crisis. affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Crying or Very sad

If you need to vent or talk just PM me. I am going to bed now, but I will check messages in the morning.

Hope things get better I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Is this your grail??????? What a beautiful doll! I think she is my fav J-doll!
I think she looks great in that Kimono too!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jun-Planning-1-6-Dollfie-J-Doll-Camden-High-Street-Doll_W0QQitemZ180197341202QQihZ008QQcategoryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry too lazy and rushed to do the link thing... will fix later.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:49 pm

HaHa! You know me so well! I have her in my watched items! If the bidding stays low I may very well get her! I LOVE her purple eyes! She does look great in the kimono! The J-Dolls really are lovely dolls.

Actually I got my grail J-Doll. Claire was my grail J-Doll, that is why I spent $100 for her! I loved her stock and her very "BJD look". I do think there will be more J-Dolls in my future.

Thanks for looking out for me!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:38 am

Doll update:I have Willow and Uncanricky up for sale on Requiems site. I hate to do it, but the Pullips are all quite similar, I just don't feel I need 4 Pullip girls anymore. I have mixed feelings about it, but know it is the right thing to do. I am more interested in BJD's now and the variety they offer. I know I will not be doing as much with the Pullip/Taeyangs. I still enjoy looking at them, but as far as photographing them...I think I want to focus on the BJD's for a while.

I am keeping Gaby and Ali and Bill and Tom...for now anyway. Shocked

I got two new wigs for Pru... and I am in love with a long white one on her that has two tiny braided buns on it.(on sale for 10.00!-Could not pass it oup!) The other one is the Jpop Ashes in chocolate/purple and I am not sure if I like that one or not. I will see if her new eyes that have a tinge of Violet make it come alive on her or not. I wil sell it if it does'nt work out. All I know is that white one makes the doll into something magnificent! Similar to that CanCan one I had for Elektra, but way cuter. Still no new eyes for Pru, they were out of the size I wanted, so the gal I bought them from gave me a 5.00 refund, which I thought was fair, and will be sending them sometime this week.

I am still planning on possible getting a sprite if both the other dolls sell. I have a gal from Austrailia that is supposedly very interested in Willow, we'll see what transpires. I want to sell her, but know I will be a bit sad when she goes. But, I know I had no regrets selling Elektra to get Pru...so
I think I will not look back if it means getting a new doll down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: