Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:25 am

News of other Idols:

Quote :
Here's a shocker, Chuck Taylor gives Break Anotha a great review:

Break Anotha
BLAKE LEWIS

Producer(s): Blake Lewis, Ryan Tedder
Label: Arista

"American Idol" season six runner-up Blake Lewis joins a yacht-full of fellow contestants on The Billboard Hot 100: current victor Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood, Elliott Yamin and Daughtry, all of whom are currently inside the top 40. His launch single, "Break Anotha," is a lightning rod of rock'n'funk, meshing busy, skittish production and enough tempo stops and starts to build one clever three-minute jam. Vocally, Lewis channels Justin Timberlake with fluffed harmonic layers and falsetto as he sings a rapid-fire lyric about a playa: "He'll try to prove his love is for you, just when you think he's changed his tune/He'll break anotha heart, babe." Lewis' message boards are already aflame with big love, while AOL First Listen drew 76,000 streams on day one. Sounds like this runner-up is poised to win the big prize: Song is a bull's-eye, the stylish 26-year-old has the looks of a teen idol, and clearly, "AI" fever has never been more prominent. The future looks mighty bright for full-length "Audio Day Dream," which drops Dec. 4. —Chuck Taylor

Bo's sales: (Brought over from The Clack House)

Quote :
Thanks to the Eagles, Bo's sales for See the Light are now reported on the Billboard 200. His first week sales (for the week ending 11/28) were 9,717. He sold another 5,227 this past week for a total of 14,945 (it looks like there was 1 street date violation *g*)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:02 am

OK, so I have been reading about this "Facebook Virtual Gift" thing. The gifts are little Icons you "give" to somebody. You pay $1 to send the "gift" and I guess Facebook gets the $1. It appears to be Facebook's biggest source of revenue at this time. So Con doesn't get the $1. My guess is it is an ego thing with him. Lots of loving icons all over his Facebook.

I can tell you right now I know exactly which fans are going to buy him lots of them Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:37 am

Austin, thank you for clarifying that. Constantine reveling in little icons on his website, I can live with. Constantine selling them would have bothered me. If it's Facebook, and that's their source of revenue, well, OK. I can see where young people might have the number of icons on their website be a status thing - and buying the icons a way to curry favor with the kewl kids.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Quote :
Heh. He's not going to go down in history at all. At best somebody might remember that some guy sang BoRhap better than expected;

He won't go down in history as a joke because he hasn't done anything memorable to the mainstream audience in more than two years; One Song Glory does not a legend - or even a legendary trainwreck - make.

I fully understand how hard it can be to realize your AI contestant ain't gonna light up the world, but to be this blind after this much after this long... obviously they need to fill a hole in their lives. I am sad for them.

Actually, I'm sad for him, too. He could have a lot going for him, if he made good decisions. There was a lot of raw potential, but I think the character issues have gobbled them up completely now.

Abrahammy, I am fully and completely in love with you right now.

I guess what I meant by him going down in history as a joke, was that he'll be a punchline. A cautionary tale. If people knew of him, they will laugh at the name because he has become a caricature of himself. Even without selling the icons on Facebook, he's a sad sad pathetic little man who only has the five fans he has left on GS who, no matter what he says to them or their friends, will stick by him until their dying breath. Because they also have nothing else to hold onto. When he's 50 years old hey shall sit around in their broken-down El Camino, talking about the good times and telling him that singing in the lounge at Circus Circus in Las Vegas is a great gig because remember how he said he'd work in Vegas? How he'd "take that job"? Then they'll tell him he's still a big star and that any day now they're gonna come knocking on his door to do another album and he's still young (compared to them, because they're now 75).
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:36 pm

Quote :
When he's 50 years old hey shall sit around in their broken-down El Camino, talking about the good times and telling him that singing in the lounge at Circus Circus in Las Vegas is a great gig

Oh, he could do far worse. He could... be a Bingo caller, or something. Singer in Vegas sounds really good at the moment.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:25 pm

Your scenario sounds frightening, GE. And oh so possible.

I don't know why I keep reading over there. I guess it's a trainwreck-type thing for me now.

Every time I hear of some of those women getting on another plane I want to just shake them. I mean, I know I've done it too, but the extent of what some of them have done and how they've rearranged their lives just boggles the mind. And the $ that they've spent! One of them saw the Wedding Singer 11 times! I just don't get it. How does he deserve this adulation? I'm sure he doesn't get it either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 12:21 am

I had a blast when I had him as an excuse to fly around and stay in hotel rooms. So I do understand people liking that aspect of fandom.

If I currently had the money and found a group of people I enjoyed who were fans of somebody or something else, I'd do it again.

That Constantine turned out to be such a creep chagrins me, but the idea of the excursions still appeals to me.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:38 am

Quote :
Every time I hear of some of those women getting on another plane I want to just shake them. I mean, I know I've done it too, but the extent of what some of them have done and how they've rearranged their lives just boggles the mind. And the $ that they've spent! One of them saw the Wedding Singer 11 times! I just don't get it. How does he deserve this adulation? I'm sure he doesn't get it either.

Well, it may be, for some of them, the same reason I'm STILL contemplating going to Bend studios next week; it's an outing, a break from the ordinary grind. And who knows, if I had lived in NYC I might have seen Brel several more times too, because I just love that play. (Although I probably would not have done that for The Wedding Singer.)

I did not get that far gone because:

1. I do not have the money or the time.
2. I am happily married; Constantine does not represent my primary relationship with men. I think there's a LOT of that going around.
3. I am not violently allergic to deciding I guessed wrong about Constantine; I'd rather have disturbing, accurate information than comfortable lies. It was disappointing, but it did not destroy my world.
Quote :

That Constantine turned out to be such a creep chagrins me, but the idea of the excursions still appeals to me

Oh, me too. And those excursions are great. That's the #1 reason I'm still in the fandom - you see a fun show and catch up in person with the friends you made on the internet.

Added benefit: the oh-so-amazing - and revealing discussions of his chest hair. Sleep
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 pm

I have to admit, if he were playing the Bend in Austin I'd probably go if I was free. But, no, I'm not going to drive 3 hours for that. I never got to see him with the whole band and I regret that and I doubt if it ever will happen again, but I might drive for that because when I saw the band without him, it was quite fun.

The social thing is part of it for me although I don't really feel like I "fit" into any of the crowds exactly. I spent the night alone in Dallas and I was kinda happy about it actually.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:09 pm

So what is the connection between Matt White and Constantine?

I really like Matt White's song.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:16 pm

All this chatter is so interesting. I never got caught up in Constantine....enjoyed watching him on Idol, but that's about it. Sometimes you leave me in the dark here..............I'll ask about what I don't know! Laughing Like....who is Matt White?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Matt White - a new singer. Here is a link for his debut single and video on You Tube. I love the song! I have been reading some really good reviews about his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoh_j5kTlDU

I asked because I read at Rawkhands that maybe Constantine can take some kind of credit for him scratch I have read some articles on Matt White and I don't think he ever tried out for AI, so I wonder what kind of credit Con can take. Did they play together at some point? Know each other? I am just curious about the comment.

If you have other questions just ask!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Matt White was one of the opening acts on C's tour the summer before last (at least that's when I think it was), or maybe it was at the Viper Room only. Not sure.

The GSers all said that Matt White couldn't hold a candle to C performance-wise. I have no experience with that so I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Well, I would expect the GSers to say that. Does anyone hold a candle to Constantine performance wise in their eyes? Suspect

All I know is I really like his song and his video. He plays the guitar well too. Also, many reviewers say that is far from the best song on the CD which really makes me want to check out the whole CD. He's pretty cute too, in a generic sort of way.

Thanks for the info Austin!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Matt White is good. I'm going to look up more of his music! Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:13 pm

You're welcome! I am going to look up more of his music too! If more songs are that good I will purchase his CD for sure!

Matt White's CD samples

DID IT!!

Last edited by on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 7:39 pm

I got the chance to listen to a singer in Nova Scotia that I really like. His name is Steven Bowers. I bought his CD and got it autographed. Smile

Here is one of his songs.........
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=3993458

This one is nice too.........just click on the recorder icon by the song Bees in Jars.........
http://www.thecoast.ca/1sbjukeboxbody.lasso?jukeboxartist=1001.113118
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that. He is very talented! How cool that you got an autographed CD. I see he has won producing awards.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Hey, FC, can you make that a short link? page is blowing out for me. If you need the instructions again, let me know and I'll find them.

I added instructions in a thread called "How to Make a Link" in the Board Matters section.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 11:04 pm

firecracker wrote:
Thanks for sharing that. He is very talented! How cool that you got an autographed CD. I see he has won producing awards.

The actual recording of the song "Fade On the Line" is so much better than the live performance shown on the video. "Bees in Jars" is such a fun song. I actually love every song on his CD, which was a surprise because it's not really my first choice in music. He is a very talented young man.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 10:55 am

I've probably posted something about him before, but if you want to listen to some fun rock and roll (but with emotion) with a sexy lead singer (although heavily tattooed):

www.myspace.com/butchwalker

He is "technically" in the right thread because he was a judge on Rockstar Supernova for one episode. He wouldn't come back because he hated the way he was edited. He's all about integrity, y'all. Well maybe not. He was Avril Lavigne's producer at one time. His producing finances his performing and recording. His biography is funny, his blogs are funny. I love him and highly recommend him.

What I find a little strange is that I don't have a compulsion to follow him around the country. He is MUCH more talented musically than Constantine could ever hope to be. He seems to play mostly in Atlanta (where's he from, and NY, NJ, and CA.) I was lucky enough to be see on a small stage at ACL in Austin in September. Great. Maybe because he's happily married, he doesn't have the people traveling to see him? Or maybe he DOES have them and I just don't know about it.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 pm

Butch is cool .I love him. I think a lot of his fans do travel to see him. I don't because I don't have to. And how do I put this delicately? I just think they are much more reasonable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 1:19 pm

I do like his music................... Wink
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 3:05 pm

I just went back to Butch's myspace and there's something new posted - it's called "Teenage Lust Laptop" demo. Ha. I don't know if it's a completely new song. It's different.

Yes, from what little I've experienced, Butch's fandom is different. But it got its start very differently. Butch has been around in one form or another for a very long time. As some of you know, he was in a rock band in the 90s before he went solo. I had really never heard of him before Rockstar I'm ashamed to admit.

Here's a quote of his that I like: "Don't let your cool stand in the way of being soulful. Life is too short. Too short to hate. Too short to judge. Too short not to live for. Don't let anything or anyone get the best of you or your heart and mind. If you are going down... go down swinging, singing, and loving."
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 10:49 pm

I just want to interject that I agree with Frazz. The having your fellow fans to get together with and squee and have a good time was the best part of the fandom. If all that came out of it was meeting Frazz, I will consider it time well-spent.

I have the added benefit of being in L.A., so mostly everyone came here and I was able to stay put.

It would be fun to get that into someone again. Like Frazz said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next