Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Lau wrote:
Quote :
It does not make me mad to read this stuff. I would not have come here if it did. Because my opinion might be different, is that defending him? I said awhile ago that if I had something to contribute to the discussion I would. So I see it as giving my opinion, not defending. If I was defending him, I wouldn't be admitting to some of his faults as I did several posts above! However, I don't think that I see things in the same way as some of you do because of the more varied experiences.
Good! It is interesting that he does still come up here from time to time here...I think some of that is because some of us are still following AI and he was the person that happenned to bring us all together. I am grateful for that!

Thanks for clarifying your encounters being more fan experience vs. personal experience...I thought you said you were his teacher so I took that and the being kind to you during a difficult time as more personal experiences.

Glad you are here and willing to try to really get to know us here, even though we are coming from a different side of the C~ fandom-
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

It is fun to get to know people from different sides - thanks for reading my viewpoints too.

I was kidding around about the teacher thing! Check my post and you'll see I was just kidding around - I said I used to be a teacher, just meaning in general.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:47 pm

He comes up because I bring info I find on previous AI contestants here. If I find something interesting on the boards about Con I will bring it here, just like I do Carrie, Elliott, Kelly, etc. I am interested in the former Idols and I check out there threads at various boards I visit.

I brought that clip here because I thought it was interesting that A) be booked a pilot B) said he was shy Shocked C) the blonde girl cracked me up!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm

I think it is great that all viewpoints are welcome here. I remember from before he started posting on his own message board when people felt they could say whatever they wanted about him. It was encouraged, good and bad.

The things I say here I would say to his face. In person. I am very straightforward and if he pulled any of his diva crap on me, he'd get a verbal smackdown, like for real. I don't think he's used to women putting him in his place. I get an extremely chauvenistic vibe from him. Especially from the way he talks to his female fans on the boards. There doesn't appear to be any respect. I think he's a douche to the guys in his life, but in a different way. If that makes any sense.

I enjoy a good debate. It keeps me on my toes. I appreciate someone who has a viewpoint different than my own and we can discuss it, like frazz says, as long as we don't verbally assualt each other.

BTW, I wasn't using the insecure thing as an excuse. Many people are insecure without verbally abusing those around them. I was just saying that is a trait of his and it's the reason he exhibits the reprehensible behavior. He stays on the offense so he doesn't feel he needs to be on the defense. Unfortunately, his behavior does just that. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't believe he's learned any kind of lesson in this life. I think most things have just been handed to him and he's never had to work really hard at anything. It's a shame he can't see his own attitude is the reason so many people can't stand him and that he alone is responsible for the HUGE drop-off in a fanbase that had once been extremely loyal
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
It's a shame he can't see his own attitude is the reason so many people can't stand him and that he alone is responsible for the HUGE drop-off in a fanbase that had once been extremely loyal
I am curious how many internet fan sites are still devoted to Constantine.
Is it manily GS and RH or whatever they call it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:26 pm

RawkHands hardly EVER talks about Con. That board is pretty dead.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I don't think I could even guess how many internet fans are still at it. There are a few different boards now, and not many of them have overlapping members like they used. So it makes it harder to figure.

GS is still the largest. And you do see a group of regulars there and then some people who pop in and out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Is FebLady still at GS? I'd love to know what she knows about Pilot season.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:01 am

She is still there, but she isn't saying very much about this pilot season. If I'm understanding what I'm reading places correctly, things are running a little different this pilot season due to the writer's strike.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks for the info Lau!

Quote :
Quote:
New Josh Gracin CD Debuts At #4 On Country Albums Chart
We Weren’t Crazy, the new CD from American Idol season 2 finalist and former Marine Josh Gracin, debuted at #4 on Nielsen SoundScan’s Country Albums chart selling more than 18,000 albums in its first week of release. A remarkable 26% of these full-length albums were sold digitally with iTunes representing the majority of the digital sales.

In addition, Josh Gracin moved more than 27,000 individual track downloads from the new record. His current single, the title track “We Weren’t Crazy,” accounted for more than 18,000 of the tracks sold first week. The single is currently inside the top 30 on the Billboard and MediaBase country radio charts.

Josh Gracin’s new CD, We Weren’t Crazy allows audiences to take a more personal look inside the singer’s life. Gracin wrote or co-wrote three of the albums eleven songs including the autobiographical current single, “We Weren’t Crazy.” “This album is more me,” says Gracin. “I was able to focus on making the album I wanted to make. For the first album, I was still in the service, so I had to fly in and out of Nashville to record when I could. This time around it had my undivided attention.” Josh worked with producers Marty Williams and Brett James on the CD’s eleven tracks.

Josh Gracin’s debut album is certified gold by the RIAA and has sold over 695,000 copies. He’s one of only three new male country singers to be introduced in the last four years to earn a gold album. Josh is also the only male solo country artist in recent years to release a debut album with three consecutive Top 5 country hits, including his first #1, “Nothin’ To Lose.” His new CD We Weren’t Crazy is in stores now.

Quote :
Quote:
'American Idol' Castoff David Hernandez Eyed For 'Rent' Role As Musical Is Extended To September
When MTV News learned that "American Idol" reject David Hernandez had come to New York to audition for the Broadway musical "Rent," we had two questions: Would he let us follow him around on the big day? (No.) And why would he audition for a play scheduled to end its 12-year run on June 1?

We got that second answer Thursday (March 27), when it was announced that "Rent" will be extending its run through September 7. According to the show's press representative, Richard Kornberg, ticket demand for the long-running musical has risen significantly since the announcement of its imminent closing, and producers wanted to take advantage of the potentially lucrative summer season before lowering the curtain for good. As Kornberg put it, they "want to go out with a bang."

The news is less than thrilling for Hernandez — who made it to the "Idol" top 12 despite the revelation of his stripping past, only to be eliminated after a weak performance of the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There." Kornberg confirmed that the Arizona native did audition for the one role that was available: Roger, an HIV-positive musician and former heroin addict. But while producers were impressed with Hernandez's vocal ability, they did not think he was right for a lead role, given his lack of theater experience. They're now considering him for a smaller part and will make a decision within a few weeks.

Like other high-profile Broadway productions, "Rent" has had success with former "Idol" performers — both Frenchie Davis and Tamyra Gray have appeared in the musical. And given the amount of publicity Hernandez has already earned (as much from his scandalous past as his vocal chops), if he does manage to snag even a small part, demand for those hard-to-get tickets should rise even higher.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 pm

According to The New York Post. Paris Bennett auditioned for a role in Legally Blonde recently. She should find out this week if she got the part.

link
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Cool! I hope it works out for her!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:28 am

I like Paris. Haven't seen Legally Blonde, but I might go if she gets the part.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:30 am

I liked Paris at first and then her voice started to grate and when she finally thought she was Beyonce is when I stopped watching.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Kelly Clarkson sings Ava Marie to the Pope. GORGEOUS! Chills and tears! Way to go girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcAtSoThvaI

Poor Jordin. I hope she will be OK.

Quote :
Jordin Sparks performance at BJC canceled

Friday, April 18, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to an unfortunate illness, Jordin Sparks has been forced to cancel her show scheduled for this Sunday, April 20, at the Bryce Jordan Center.

Sparks' doctor has advised the Jordan Center that the former "American Idol" winner cannot perform due to an acute vocal cord hemorrhage condition. Because of the risk of permanent vocal cord damage, Sparks has been ordered to strict vocal rest and will not be able to perform anywhere until her condition improves.

The Jordan Center apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this uncontrollable circumstance.

Tickets will be refunded automatically if purchased by a credit card. If the tickets were purchased at a Bryce Jordan ticket outlet using cash, check or Lion's Cash, tickets must be returned in person to the Jordan Center box office or mailed to: 240 Bryce Jordan Center, University Park, PA 16802. All returned tickets by mail must include a full name and complete address. All refunds will be issued by check, there will be no cash refunds. For all other inquiries, contact the Bryce Jordan Center at (814) 865-5555 during regular business hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:49 am

Unfortunately that link is no longer showing Kelly's vid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Yeah, I saw where all the You Tubes of her performances yesterday (she also performed some of her hits for the youth pep rally) were pulled today. I cannot imagine why. It already aired, it's not something anyone is going to profit from. What is up with that?!

She sang the English version. It was really pretty. Not operatic, but beautifully sung!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 am

Poor Jordin. What a bummer to have to cancel being the opening act of Alicia Keys Crying or Very sad

Quote :
A couple of other cancellations, according to HDD. I hope she recovers well:

SPARKS ENDANGERED: Meanwhile, reigning American Idol champ Jordin Sparks has been hit with a throat injury that forced her to cancel three songs over the weekend and could threaten her career, according to today’s N.Y. Post. The 18-year-old suffers from "an acute vocal cord hemorrhage," according to officials, and had to cancel a concert at Penn State on Sunday night, an Earth Day show on the National Mall in Washington, DC, set for Monday and the first night of the Alicia Keys tour, where she is the opening act this Saturday night. "Because of the risk of permanent vocal cord damage, Sparks has been ordered to strict vocal rest and will not be able to perform anywhere until her condition improves," said a spokesman for the arena at Penn State.

You can see a nice Bo interview here. He sings also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urX36XZHYt0
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am

I didn't know about Fanty.

Quote :

Good Day LA was talking about Jordin Sparks vocal cord problems this morning and Dorothy mentioned that Fantasia just came through successful surgery to remove a tumor from her vocal cords. They said it was not cancerous and that the family has not released any other information.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:48 am

Well, I know she missed like fifty performances during her run on "The Color Purple". I guess this is why.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:51 am

Was it that many that Fanty missed? I had heard that she never did a full week the entire time she was there.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 pm

It was something like that. She was almost never there.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:48 pm

firecracker wrote:
Poor Jordin. What a bummer to have to cancel being the opening act of Alicia Keys Crying or Very sad

Quote :
A couple of other cancellations, according to HDD. I hope she recovers well:

SPARKS ENDANGERED: Meanwhile, reigning American Idol champ Jordin Sparks has been hit with a throat injury that forced her to cancel three songs over the weekend and could threaten her career, according to today’s N.Y. Post. The 18-year-old suffers from "an acute vocal cord hemorrhage," according to officials, and had to cancel a concert at Penn State on Sunday night, an Earth Day show on the National Mall in Washington, DC, set for Monday and the first night of the Alicia Keys tour, where she is the opening act this Saturday night. "Because of the risk of permanent vocal cord damage, Sparks has been ordered to strict vocal rest and will not be able to perform anywhere until her condition improves," said a spokesman for the arena at Penn State.

You can see a nice Bo interview here. He sings also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urX36XZHYt0

Oh, it's good to see and hear him again...................thank you for bringing this here for us!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:56 pm

You're welcome!

I do wish he would trim his hair a bit Laughing But he seemed happy and healthy. I think he was right on about Carrie being the "right one" to be an Idol.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 am

When they asked Bo right after the finale what he was thinking standing there as F-2, he said the most honest thing anyone in Idol history has ever said "God I hope I don't win this" or something to that effect.

This? Made Shmuckface's fans FURIOUS!

Now, I think that is thte most awesome thing ever. I love Bo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 24 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next