Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:43 pm

OK, so y'all know I loved me some Mr. Asshole (I like changing his name every now and then). I personally delivered flowers and make-up to him. Acted a fool.

I read Jacob's recaps faithfully. As a matter of fact, I would sit and read them to my mom and we would have ourselves a good laugh.

Even when I loved him, Jacob's descriptions of Mr. Jerkface (see?) always amused me. I could see that he didn't like him and I loved him and that was OK because he snarked on the guy in a hysterical way.

Now, however, when I read his descriptions I find them UPROARIOUSLY funny because of how prophetic they are about the way I'd eventually feel about him. Here's some examples:

Fucking Constantine frogging his lips and engaging in some meaningless and completely untrue badinage with Seacrest about how the guys from that band call him every week and criticize his performance. I think this is the first shout-out to his band by name. Altogether, the guys have been amazingly supportive. I love how the narrative to this point, as lately as last week, is that he screwed those guys over so effectively that they may not even know that he's on the show or if he's still alive, that's how traitorous he's been to them, and that's just how out of his element he is in this atmosphere, because the band, and he, are so frigging cred that it's like they're in totally separate worlds from the AI that we watch and love, but now all of a sudden they're all just these hipsters that have given up drugs and tune in to this stupid show all eighteen times a week that it's on so they can tell Constantine how believable and hardcore his fucked-up pronunciations of simple words and sleazy eye-molestations are, and how they really support him and they hope he can get through to the Top 12 so they can just never, ever tour again.

Constantine's a Virgo, meaning apparently that he's very hard on himself, and overcritical, and expects "great things" from himself. Is it a Virgo trait to be completely without shred one of self-awareness? Because he just described an admirable person, but if he's aiming for perfection and this is how far he's getting? That's just so sad. It's like the unanswerable job interview questions, like, "What's your greatest weakness?" And Constantine's all, "I demand too much of myself. My perfection stresses me out." But he can't even work the fax machine. Then he sings "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and it's unclear and pitchy and warbling and stupid, but the "best" thing he's done, technically. I don't hate this. I DON'T HATE THIS. WHAT THE FUCK…oh, there it is. Whew. That was a good ten seconds, baby.

So he's back to sounding like hell with the unsexy faces where he looks at his shoes and gets it all over me. Gross. He thrashes around with the mic stand, as usual, but he does remember to actually look away from the camera sometimes, which has a de facto marginal benefit despite itself, because it means that mathematically this tonight is the least objectionable thing he has ever done to me. The camera keeps cutting away before he gets too gross, and at one point there's something like a genuine smile at the camera that isn't filthy and affected and all ersatz-sexual. That was the least horrible thing I've seen from him, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:46 am

I saw a You Tube of this and it made me cry. Such a sweet moment. I think Carrie is very appreciative of her fans. I really like her.

Quote :
Here is an excerpt from Rodney Ho's review for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Idol blog:

Near the end, though, she got serious. “I want to thank you guys for putting me on this stage,” she said. Then she stopped and wiped her eyes. “I don’t know why but I’m about to cry.” Pause. “I get to watch ‘American Idol.’ It’s so amazing to think that a few years ago, I was on that stage. You guys helped me through. I can’t believe there are five people left. It’s incredible I managed to survive the next two years that followed. It’s been an amazing, amazing ride. Thank you guys. God bless you for it. Then during “Don’t Forget To Remember Me,” she literally stopped partway in tears and could barely finish the song. That truly defines sincere gratitude.

And here's an excerpt from CMT.com's recap of that concert:

Guitar resting on her legs, she took a moment before rolling into the next song to let the fans know how much she appreciates them.

"Thanks for putting me on the stage. I mean it. Thank you so much," she said with tear-filled eyes. "I've got to start singing before I start to cry!"

The glistening eyes that she had going into "Don't Forget to Remember Me" soon turned to tears as she attempted time and time again to get the words out. As she played her guitar, the crowd took over the singing duties, and as tears streamed down her face, the fans rose to their feet.

Really a sweet and beautiful moment. The fans at the concert have a wonderful memory!

I remember when Clay got teary eyed while singing Measure of a Man at a concert and the fans took over and sang the song to him! What a gorgeous and touching moment! I've watched the video of that many times.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Ace's new song and video! I LOVE the song and the video is HOT!!!

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/22990562.html
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:48 pm

I always had a thing for Ace. When I saw him perform on the tour, I knew he had "it" and really wished he'd just go out and perform, because the chicks dig him.

Well, it's certainly a catchy top-40 song. I imagine Ryan Seacrest's station (KISS FM out here) will be playing the life out of it.

Also, seems like he wants to put those "rumors" to rest.

Nice to see those fab abs again. I know so many people didn't like him. My friend was a Taylor fan and she could not stand Ace. I don't know why, but I liked him from the get-go. Could have been the puppy-dog eyes and that faboo bod, but I did like when he did "Father Figure".
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:55 pm

I think he sounds and looks great in the vid!! If he has a CD full of songs that good I am getting it! He is really gorgeous and what a body!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Carrie's new video for her new single. I think it is her best single yet! Really kick ass song! She looks amazing in the video.

Last Name
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:55 am

Sorry FC, I'm just not a Carrie fan. I'm very limited on the amount of country music I listen to or even like.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:22 am

Oh I hear ya there! I have very little country in my CD collection. But I do like country rock and this song really is foot stomping! She does have an amazingly powerful voice and I really like when she uses the low rocker kind of voice.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Too country for me.................. Laughing I did watch it, and probably wouldn't want to hear it or watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:42 pm

That's a nice video and Carrie can definitely sing! Her music is perfect for her voice. Also, the country fans seem to like pretty, young, blonde female singers. It leads me to wonder if KLC will be picked up by a Nashville label. Kellie P. was signed, has a gold record and tours with huge country singing groups and I think KLC is a better singer.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Well, it seems she's making an attempt at facial expressions, but it still always seems like she hyper-aware there's a camera on her. She leaves me so cold.

The song will sell billions. It's tailor-made for country fans.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Yep! I think it will be HUGE for her! As big as "Before He Cheats". They sure made sure Carrie got great songwriters!

I wondered the same about KLC, but there are so many hot blonde country singers right now and I don't know if she could stand out among them.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Another Idol On Broadway

Quote :
Taylor Hicks will make his Broadway debut on June 6, playing Teen Angel in "Grease" at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Badger wrote:
Another Idol On Broadway

Quote :
Taylor Hicks will make his Broadway debut on June 6, playing Teen Angel in "Grease" at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.

Awwww, geeze.

I really thought Taylor would be something other than that.

I never thought he was going to be a radio star, but I did think he would have some Joe Cocker integrity. Yuck.

I think Syesha, Clay and may other specific AI people are great for Broadway. But not Taylor Hicks.

Doing Broadway is only a sellout for people who are meant to just be musicians. Like Taylor.

If David Cook winds up doing Broadway one day, given the almost excellence of his Phantom of the Opera song, that would not be a sellout.

Taylor? That would be like Bo Bice doing Broadway.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Quote :
Taylor? That would be like Bo Bice doing Broadway.
Shocked Shocked Shocked I agree...just No Not a good fit at all.

He must be thinking his 15 minutes is running out and needs to try and do something...anything. Shocked Suspect

If they had let him make a blues album...he may have kept some of his identity. Now? He does'nt have one at all.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Didn't David Cook originally major in theatre? I know he got his degree in graphic arts or design so he obviously switched.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Dunno about his college career, but once I heard his version of Phantom of the Opera, plus his comments on that week, it was clear to me that he is also genuinely interested in theatrical pursuits.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:07 am

Yes Badger, DC was originally a theater major. He was the star in several HS musicals too. He was extremely funny also. He really loves the group numbers because it takes him back to musical theater with the dance moves. He also was an excellent pitcher for his HS baseball team - which was why he was so emotional about getting to throw out the first pitch at the Royals game during his Hometown Visit. He has many talents, including graphic design.

I cannot even picture Taylor in that role in Grease No

It would not be so bad if he had the staring role in a Broadway play (even though I agree that doesn't seem like him) but that is a tiny part of the play so it certainly does feel like he is desperate. How sad for him. I hope he at least has some fun with it. I just cannot even imagine him singing that song - it is just so Frankie Avalon Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:11 am

I can totally picture Taylor in the Teen Angel role on Bway. And kudos to him for trying something new and very much out of his usual stickt. Since he has no real theater experience, this role is a perfect way to test himself on stage.

Artists change and grow over time and this is a good example of that. If every artist stayed doing what they first became known for, it would be very dull for people like myself.

The Teen Angel role in the play is somewhat different from the way it was portrayed in the movie. It's not as much of a matinee idol type approach. He will look and sound very fine in this part.

He's also planning on recording his new CD while he is in NY doing this role.

I see an industry survivor here.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Found out what pilot Constantine was shooting a few weeks ago. Per Futon Critic, it was for the CW project "Austin Golden Hour," which didn't make the final cut:

Quote :
THE PILOTS THAT DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT: AUSTIN GOLDEN HOUR (The CW, 2008)
(written by Lance Gentile & Mal Young; directed by Sanford Bookstaver; TRT: 30:35)

The network's description: No official description was released.

What did they leave out: It's literally a medical drama done in "24's" style - ticking clock, split screens, etc. - but instead of CTU it's STC, the Shock Trauma Center in Austin, Texas.

The plot in a nutshell: The following takes place between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM. When a fire erupts at a packed nightclub, the Shock Trauma Center is called in to respond. There's paramedics Rhett (Justin Hartley) and Charlie (Cassidy Freeman) - he's a brash adrenaline junkie who's not above using a Code 3 to get in on a rib special while she's a farmer's daughter who's out to prove herself in the big city. They're one of the first to arrive at the scene just as the clubgoers finally manage to escape - it seems the club's shady owner ("American Idol" alum Constantine Maroulis - no, I'm not kidding) made things worse by chaining the doors and overselling that night's show. In any case, as you'd expect, Rhett rides the very green Charlie pretty hard about not being able to keep up with what's going on. Nevertheless, they stabilize what will become the show's B-plot - a girl and her father (more on this in a second) - and head to the STC. There we meet Rhett's nice-guy brother Ash (David Rogers), a resident, and London (Jaime Lee Kirchner), the no-nonsense attending. It's also where the show's various relationships begin the play out - Ash has a crush on Lane (Lyndsy Fonseca), a nurse, who's still hot and cold with her ex Jake (Michael Trevino), a "rock doc" whose band was playing the nightclub when it caught fire. Jake is also hiding a few secrets from Lane - namely a potential drug problem and the fact Constantine's character paid him off to look the other way about the club's fire code violations. As for Rhett, he's been playing doctor in the off hours with London, while Ash is getting tired of covering for his reckless brother. Over in the B-story, Ash accidentally discovers that the aforementioned dad isn't really the girl's daughter and wrings his hands about whether to say something - only to have London blurt it out in front of everyone. And back at the club, Ash must talk Rhett who in turn must talk Charlie through a complicated procedure on a dying girl - all before the roof caves in. In the end, everybody gets their moments - whether it be Jake throwing the bribe money into Constantine's face or Charlie ultimately proving herself in the field - all just in time before the "golden hour" ends (which is as Ash explains it, "the first 60 minutes after a serious injury before the body begins to shut down").

SOURCE

Sorry Con fans that it didn't work out for him Sad
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:19 am

Quote :
it seems the club's shady owner ("American Idol" alum Constantine Maroulis - no, I'm not kidding)
lol! Razz Laughing cheers bounce Exclamation cyclops sunny Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:11 am

Heh. That was my psychic vision, that it was a one shot deal with him playing somebody greasy.

Mind you, I would be happy to play that level part, myself.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 7:48 am

Here you can listen to a radio interview with Constantine. He says he has great Gaydar and that Archie and Sanjaya are gay. Implies Sanjaya was doing lots of fans on the tour. Makes himself out as some kind of Mogul in the making. This man is an immature whack job. I only listened to the interview because I read about it and thought they were probably exaggerating. No, they were not Evil or Very Mad

I have not been to GS in ages, but my guess is they see no problem with him saying those things about a kid who just turned 17 and young Sanjaya Rolling Eyes They probably just think he is so "real and honest". It is several mins. long and the really bad stuff is toward the end, but you will be amused listening to him rattle off all the big things has going and all he has accomplished!!!!

http://www.star94.com/dynamic/audio/Constantine-EDIT.mp3

Last edited by firecracker on Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:08 pm

How the GS'rs will take it:

Oh, isn't he being cute, funny, and (as FC said) REA: amd HONEST. That's showing them, GB! He probably has gaydar from being in theatre. Isn't he adorkable?

YAY! Oh, he's going to be THE BIGGEST STAR IN THE WORLD. He'll show all the HATERS and be successful. Then we'll gather up the remaining three of us who still give a damn and support him in all of his wonderful projects!

I'll take your word for what's in the interview FC. I am so nauseated and disgusted with this worm that I just cannot bring myself to listen to the sound of his voice.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:48 pm

He says Archie will probably end up singing on cruise ships - probably same sex ones. Then goes into the whole "he's gay thing". I mean isn't he working for AI with doing the interviews and stuff? Do they approve of him talking this way about the very young contestants? Or any of the contestants? He should have just stuck with talking about their performances and left his personal comments about their sexuality or his impressions of their sexuality out of it. He was not on the tour with Sanjaya so who is he to comment on "Sanjaya doing fans etc"? And talk about the pot calling the kettle black about doing fans on tour. Like I said - low class.

He has hinted that he will have a part in Grease on Broadway in the fall. Fans think he will be Danny. I just do not see Constantine as a Danny. Isn't he old enough to play a HSer's dad not the HSer? Razz Though playing a Greaser does seem a suitable part for him. Sorry, I am just so turned off by that interview. No matter what he says about Archie I still think Archie will sell a boatload more CDs that Constantine did. I wonder how that CD of his is doing anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 25 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next