Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:17 pm

I don't even know what that all IS Firecracker! I didn't know that gamblers bet on AI. I am so sheltered. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 pm

They need a "shocking" vote-off right about now. Lakisha and Jordin in the bottom two with Lakisha going home would do it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:37 pm

Well so much for Dial Idol and Captain Pavlov Suspect
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:46 pm

Yeah. I'm reading Rickey.org and it's pretty par for the course tonight.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Well, I just watched Gina's big Welcome Home in Naperville. She had lots of interviews and got the key to the city. Due to our horrible weather no parade as planned, but there was an indoor celebration. She was very sweet and humble. The place was FILLED with little kids. Perhaps that is the bulk of voters this year??
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Quote :
Well so much for Dial Idol and Captain Pavlov

They know DialIdol exists. The actual bootee will be accurate, but they will mix around the other two to keep the suspense from dying.

I thought Ryan's comment to Lakisha was interesting: 'Surprisingly, you are not in our bottom three."

They knew what the message boards were saying.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 am

PRNewswire

Quote :
Carrie Underwood's 'Wasted' Becomes the Best New Artist GRAMMY Winner's 4th Consecutive #1 Country Single!
'Before He Cheats,' Carrie's Third #1, Now a Hot AC Top 10 and on the Air at MTV!

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Double-GRAMMY winner and reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Carrie Underwood is atop the country airplay charts once again this week as her fourth single, "Wasted," follows the #1 success of "Jesus, Take the Wheel," "Don't Forget to Remember Me," and "Before He Cheats." With "Wasted," Carrie becomes the first female country artist in the monitored era to achieve four #1 singles from her debut album. She joins superstar labelmates Alan Jackson and Brooks & Dunn as the three most recent artists in country music to enjoy this remarkable feat on their first album.

Even as "Wasted" becomes country radio's most-played song in the nation, Carrie's third smash, "Before He Cheats," is now powering its way up the Hot AC chart, entering the Top 10 this week. This marks the first time a solo country female has hit the Hot AC Top 10 since Faith Hill's "The Way You Love Me" in December of 2000!

MTV wants its Carrie Underwood, too, as the Oklahoma beauty and GRAMMY-winning Best New Artist sees the video for "Before He Cheats" newly added into MTV rotation. Remarkably, Carrie becomes the first country artist to hit MTV since 1999's Shania Twain smash, "Man, I Feel Like a Woman."

The singles are all from Underwood's unstoppable 19 Recordings/Arista debut disc, Some Hearts, now RIAA-certified 5x Platinum.

Fans can also be looking for a cover feature on Carrie in the May issue of Cosmopolitan, on sale now.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 8:22 pm

From Mediaweek.com:

Idol Camp Lines Up Former Contestants:

Idol Camp, the performing arts camp based on Fox’s American Idol which begins on July 7 in Northfield, Massachusetts, has announced a line-up of past contestants to teach at the summer festivities this year. Included are Bucky Covington, Kimberley Locke, Vonzell Solomon, Jon Peter Lewis and Carmen Rasmussen. For more information, go to www.americanidol.com/idolcamp or www.idolcamp.com.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 4:37 am

That camp thing just seems so bizarre. I hope they have actual vocal coaches there and not just AI show cast-offs.

Oh, I just went to it and it says "Show former Idols, performing artists*, and inspiring teachers what you're made of. They'll show you how to take your skills to the next level, and help you on your way to stardom."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?0rdz1wnmyzt

You can download Kelly Clarkson's new single Never Again at the above link. It's a rock song and I think it is really good. Kelly wrote the song.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20008533_20034499,00.html

Quote :
Yet this season has also proved that Idol isn't invincible. Though it still tops the Nielsens with an average of 32 million viewers, ratings for the top 12 rounds are down 7 percent from last year. Producers fault everything from the weather to college basketball to the earlier onset of daylight saving time. Or are the finalists to blame? Many Idol fans have targeted the talent level, wondering whether the likes of Haley Scarnato can compete with previous standouts like Clarkson and Underwood. ''We're doing as well as we are doing with not a great cast at the moment, to be honest with you,'' says judge Simon Cowell. ''They're not the best bunch of kids we've ever had.'' He may have a point: You know there's a problem when the most glowing compliment guest mentor Tony Bennett can muster about the contestants is ''They're all very competent... '' Even the typically wimpy Paula Abdul has grown some claws this season. ''I just can't say that they're really good if they're not,'' she explains. ''I just can't anymore.''

Another good one:

Quote :
''You don't have to win it,'' says Richardson. ''To me I've already won, being in the top 10 and going on tour [this summer].'' That attitude doesn't sit well with Cowell. ''I think that we suffer from Jennifer Hudson- and Chris Daughtry-itis, which is people who didn't win getting great careers and now a lot of the contestants believing it absolutely doesn't matter,'' he says. ''Sometimes there's part of me thinking, You genuinely couldn't care less what we've got to say; everything's going to go your own way now.''
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:08 am

Quote :
''You don't have to win it,'' says Richardson. ''To me I've already won, being in the top 10 and going on tour [this summer].''

Oh, goody. Then you won't mind when we boot your ass in favor of Sanjaya, Timberfake.

I'm all for a Blake/Melinda final 2 with Jordin in third place, but as far as I'm concerned this tool can hit the door ASAP. I'd rather PHIL stayed around than him.

Boy, this cast is REALLY bad. I'm rooting for Sanjaya to come in fourth just because everybody else is so bad/unappealing/boring.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 am

I agree with you on Chris Timberfake R. Don't get the love for this kid at all. I brought this over because it is the first time ever the 3 stooges have admitted to not having "The best season ever!!!!" Maybe this will teach them to actually pick the best talent in the future instead of putting in a bunch of cannon fodder. I have been watching the search for the next Pussycat Doll and every one of those girls can sing great, dance great and look amazing - young, hip, current, marketably. If a new CW contest could find that much talent there is no way AI couldn't out of 100,000 people. They really do just cast roles for the show and not put the absolute best talent through. I keep thinking about Bailey Brown and how wonderful she was and how she was let go for such a lame reason. Others forgot words and stayed. It was just that they didn't need another pretty, blonde, country singer. They filled that role season 4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Quote :
I'm all for a Blake/Melinda final 2 with Jordin in third place, but as far as I'm concerned this tool can hit the door ASAP. I'd rather PHIL stayed around than him.
Yep. What she said.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 4:30 pm

Princess Pea!! affraid Not nice to bite the hand that fed you girlie Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American Idol: Bitter Paris Votes For Sanjaya Malakar to Screw Show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jon Shanks
Apr 13, 2007

American Idol sure seems to produce a lot of bitterness from many of the contestants that are dumped from the show from previous seasons. Each week, the voters call in by the tens of millions each week to cast their vote for the best, or in the case of Sanjaya Malakar the worst. Remember the mousy Paris Bennett? She was dumped last season and she is one bitter ex Idol finalist.

American Idol: Bitter Paris Bennett For Sanjaya Malakar to Screw Show

She admitted on a radio program that she is "kind of" anti-American Idol. She thinks that even though American Idol has helped her with her career, she still thinks the show needs to be taken off and wants to screw over the show. She complained during the interview that the show was now similar to 'American Dreamz' a movie loosely based on Idol.

TMZ calls her the 'petite powerhouse' and has audio of her phone call into the "Tone E Fly Morning Show" in Minneapolis on Friday where she called American Idol "a joke," and said she and a few other contestants are using the website VotefortheWorst.com to screw with the results. She didn't name the other past contestants.

"We want to see him [Sanjaya] win because it'll kind of prove that 'American Idol' is kind of losing its taste," says Bennett, "it kinda isn't going for talent anymore and more for popularity."

Listen here at TMZ.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Kat walking down the street today Razz

American Idol - Page 7 Katpickingnose
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:12 pm

BOY am I glad I'm not in the public eye! DAYUM!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:12 pm

Let us hope they never follow one of these kids into the toilet.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 9:31 pm

I know! It was probably mean of me to bring the picture here, but I don't like her all that much, and it's on a bunch of sites anyway. I do feel bad for her that she got snapped while doing that (god, I would just never do that in public and/or without a tissue No ) but she said some not very nice things about Taylor after AI last year so Razz

Last edited by on Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 pm

OMG! How could someone do that on a public street, right out in view?Laughing I didn't much care for her at all either. That is just so funny, she must be cringing!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 am

Sky wrote:
OMG! How could someone do that on a public street, right out in view?Laughing I didn't much care for her at all either. That is just so funny, she must be cringing!

Not only that, but you're a public figure! Sheesh!

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about her either. There's something satisfying about a beautiful woman with her finger up her nose.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 1:26 pm

Quote :
There's something satisfying about a beautiful woman with her finger up her nose.
Twisted Evil Especially her!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Spoilers: Probably not 100 %

If Sanjaya sings that I will be gleefeul.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 4:26 pm

Those are some good song choices, but I remember the last spoiler song list I saw was completely wrong so I am not getting my hopes up. Thanks for bringing them though! I do love to be spoiled!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 pm

If you go here there are red carpet pix of Carrie, Kellie P. and Bucky (looks awesome) at the CMT awards.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/search/Search.aspx?eventid=73867467&editorialProduct=3
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:47 pm

Here is Chris's video for HOME.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1518071&vid=143728
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next