Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:05 am

I think all the Claymates, Yaminites, Fanjayas and GSers crashed the site Laughing I think they either ended the poll because time was up or because we all were messing them up!!

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:53 am

Yeah, I think it was the fan rush. They probably didn't expect tens of thousands of votes in a handful of hours. Now, I did not power vote, but I think a lot of other people did.

For one thing, voting is the only way to see the results update! It also occurs to me that they set up the poll as a response to the question "Was Elliott Yamin the greatest male vocalist in AI history" so having the Claymates arrive and set 'em straight might not have been in the game plan. Laughing

I wonder if they are reconfiguring the poll to prevent spamming? They have not taken down the advertising for the poll.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:45 am

Here is some news that will make Abrahammy happy!! Sundance signed a record deal!! Bet you can hardly wait to buy his CD Razz

Quote :
TMZ.com:

"American Idol" Cover Album?

More "Idol" wannabeens are finding ways to make sweet music. "A.I." castoffs Sabrina Sloan and Sundance Head have been signed by Universal Records Motown. Grammy time!

The two are set to record an entire album of cover songs -- can ya smell a yummy rendition of "I Got You Babe" coming on? Meanwhile, there's been precious little news with regard to runner-up Blake Lewis and winner Jordin Sparks, but the rest of the rejects sure are trudging along!

Wait, a WHOLE CD of covers songs??? Does Clive have anything to do with this???? Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 am

Clive Davis has nothing to do with Motown.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 11:51 am

Badger wrote:
Clive Davis has nothing to do with Motown.

Oh, I know this Badger. It was suppose to be snark because Clive has been so into cover CDs the last few years. I guess I figured everyone knew what I meant. I should have put a "g" after it!
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:06 pm

No problemo, firecracker Cool

I liked Sundance and was sad to see him not make it in. I'd have put him in before Chris Richardson frankly. He's sort of an old-school singer so the Motown catalog should be right up his alley.

Meanwhile, have either Blake or Jordin been signed yet?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm

I liked Sundance too, so I am glad he's making a CD!!! I really wanted to hear more from him, he was better than Chris, I think. Keep us posted on this.................please.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:16 pm

I really liked Sundance! He was my fave during the auditions and I was really bummed when the show "cast" Sanjaya instead. Sundance had some disappointing moments, but I knew from the auditions that he has the goods in there. He just misplaced them for a bit! Of course Sanjaya ended up providing TPTB with some real promo.

I agree that old Motown is a great fit for Sundance. I happened to love a lot of those old Motown songs. It will be interesting to see what all gets picked for him. I am happy for him. I was just teasing Abrahammy because she was not very fond of old Sundance (understatement Razz )

There has never been a season where the winner and runner-up from AI have been so "Invisable" in the media. Blake has been talking during the concert about songs he is recording so I assume he is signed. I know that Jordin is. I have no idea what direction her CD is going in as I really haven't followed her at all since the show.

Maybe when I have time next week I'll go to Blake's board and see what I can find out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:24 am

My Hometown Girl, Gina Glockson, got engaged last night during the concert. She sang her duet with Phil and then Phil called her boyfriend on stage where he proposed to her and she said YES!

Here is a vid of the moment. I've watched it 3 times and I still have tears in my eyes!! GO GINA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4T-V11Uq0
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 am

I can't watch it right now, but how cool is that? Go Gina!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:28 pm

That was so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for Gina and future hubby!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:53 am

OMG! OMG!!!

You have GOT to watch this vid!! It is a close-up (off the jumbotron) of the proposal!! My god he put the ring on her good luck stuffed pickle!!! The smiles the tears!! Kneeling together!! This is the freaking sweetest thing I have ever seen!! They are adorable and look so in love and happy!! I am crying all over again! I am such a sap Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cRpiD6xPw

Oh, and the kissing!!!! SO CUTE!!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:41 pm

I did make myself watch it. Not my kind of thing, public proposals.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Quote :
Here is some news that will make Abrahammy happy!! Sundance signed a record deal!! Bet you can hardly wait to buy his CD Razz

Yeah. I'll put it right up there next to my pre-order for the Best Of Chris Richardson.

I've already figured out the name of the Sundance Head/Sabrina Sloan album. It will be titled "We Waz ROBBED!!!" and will feature the toe-tapping hits "America, Do You Hear What I Hear?", "The Voters are All Deaf", and the #1 Smash, "WHYYYYY, AMERICA!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYY????!!!!!" If you order now you will receive, absolutely free, two voodoo dolls of Haley Scarnato and Sanjaya Malakar. Take care with the Malakar doll; for some reason, every time you stick a pin in him he generates 20 new headlines and gets even MORE overexposure.

Oooh. Nice Icon, Firecracker!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks Abrahammy! I swiped it from The Clack House!! Don't tell! I think it is so pretty!!!

The Sundance and Sloane duet CD sounds like a sure fire hit!! How's your little Papaya doing on tour?
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:19 pm

I'll bet they'll be remaking at least one or two Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell duets.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 9:16 pm

How about "Don't Go Breaking My Heart AMERICA"

Abrahammy, that is toooo funny!

Oooh! Maybe they can write a song "Don't You Know Who I AM?"
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Jordin's Press Release!

Quote :

Jordin Sparks Inks Record Deal
by Sarah Hall
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:15:19 PM PDT

Jordin Sparks has jumped to Jive.

The youngest ever American Idol winner has inked a recording contract with 19Recordings/Jive Records, it was announced Friday.

The deal makes her the first alum of the talent competition to sign with the Zomba Label Group. All past Idol winners have inked deals with the RCA Label Group's Arista (Taylor Hicks, Carrie Underwood), J (Fantasia Barrino, Ruben Studdard) or RCA (Kelly Clarkson) labels.

"We're thrilled to welcome the partnership with 19 Recordings and Jordin Sparks as the first Idol winner to make her home at Jive," Barry Weiss, CEO and president of Zomba Label Group, said in a statement. "Her poise, her amazing vocal ability, her relentless optimism has been apparent to millions of fans all around the world. We're honored to have this burgeoning worldwide superstar on Jive Records."

The 17-year-old vocal powerhouse's first single, "Tattoo," will be released on U.S. radio on Aug. 27, while her debut album is due in stores in November.

"Tattoo" was produced by Stargate, the duo behind hits for Beyoncé and Neo, and was cowritten by Amanda Ghost, whose credits include James Blunt's "Beautiful."

With her career off and running, Sparks said she is looking forward to producing more music for her fans.

"American Idol has truly been a life-altering experience," Sparks said. "Signing with 19 Recordings/Jive and Barry Weiss and his great team is hopefully the beginning of another dream opportunity for me to deliver the kind of meaningful music I love. I can't wait to share this next chapter of my story with all the fans that have supported me so far."

American Idol creator Simon Fuller expressed his belief that Sparks had made a wise choice.

"You couldn't find a better match in or out of this business than Jive Records, 19 Recordings and Jordin Sparks," he said.

Sparks was crowned the winner of the sixth season of American Idol on May 23, beating out beat-boxer Blake Lewis for the title and securing herself a million-dollar record deal.

She is currently performing with the other top 10 finalists on the Idols Live tour. The trek wraps up Sept. 22 in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Meanwhile, auditions for the seventh season of American Idol are in full swing, with tryouts already completed in San Diego, Dallas and Omaha so far. Up next, the aspiring singers of Charleston, South Carolina, will do their best to impress the judges and make their way through to the next round.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:51 am

You can listen to Jordin's new single here!

http://kids.aol.com/music/artists-a-z/jordin-sparks/videos

It is titled "Tattoo". It is very catchy and radio friendly. It's an earworm for me as it is still in my head. I really like it and I think she sounds great, especially at the 3 min mark when she is singing back-up with herself. I am glad they gave her a really youthful song and I hope that the CD is filled with upbeat and fun songs like this. I will buy for sure if it is!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 7:18 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake Lewis Sixth Season Runner-Up on 'American Idol,' Signs To 19 Recordings / ARISTA Records

Quote :
Blake Lewis signs with 19 Recordings / Arista Records - album due in by end of year 2007.(PRNewsFoto/ARISTA Records, 19 Recordings)

LOS ANGELES, CA UNITED STATES

Beatboxing Singer Working on Debut Album Due for Release Late 2007

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Blake Lewis, the popular runner-up on the sixth season of "American Idol," has been signed to 19 Recordings / ARISTA Records and is already working on his debut album with a stellar line-up of producers and songwriters. The album is due for release in late 2007.

"Blake has a strong music sensibility and knows who he is and what his music should represent." Says Clive Davis, Chairman CEO BMG Label Group "His collaborators are all knocked out by him."

Among the producers working with Lewis on his first album are Jonathan "JR" Rotem, who has worked with Rihanna (on her No. 1 single "SOS") and Sean Kingston; Ryan "Alias" Tedder, who has worked with Timbaland and new artist Leona Lewis; and S*A*M & Sluggo, who have worked with two of the year's biggest new artists, Gym Class Heroes and Boys Like Girls.

Lewis, who has already charted on The Billboard Hot 100 with his versions of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" and the Zombies' "Time of the Season," has been finding time to go into the studio to work on his first album while touring the United States and Canada on the "American Idols Live" tour. The tour began in Sunrise, Florida on July 6 and continues through a Sept. 22 concert in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"I love performing, so spending the summer on the road has been a great experience," says Lewis. "But I'm also enjoying my time in the studio and I'm very excited about recording my debut album. I'm thrilled to be working with 19 Recordings and ARISTA Records"

The 26-year-old singer was born in Redmond, Washington. He started singing at age five and competed in statewide talent contests while in high school. He became a beat-boxer at 17, inspired by the then Seattle-based a cappella group M-Pact. Lewis was a member of the Pacific Northwest a cappella group Kickshaw for four years. He also recorded several music videos and wrote a number of original songs.

"Blake is one of the most unique 'Idol' contestants I've ever seen," says Simon Fuller, creator of the popular TV series and chief executive and founder of 19 Entertainment Label Group "He brought something new to the competition and won fans all over America. I know they're going to love his first album, because it shows him off as his very best.

SOURCE ARISTA Records
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:40 am

It sounds like Blake has won over both Clive and Simon....I'm so glad to hear that! I burned a CD of his AI songs and like listening to it while driving, so I'm looking forward to his new CD.

I think Jordan has a really nice recording voice and that song is a good one for her. It's an earworm for me now also after just hearing it once. It's a great sound that teen girls, who buy a lot of music, will probably love. I predict a great future for her!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:53 pm

This just in from ET - Sanjaya Malakar has won the Teen Choice Award for Best Male Reallity Show/Variety Star. cheers

He beat Apolo Anton Ono to win this. Shocked

Nominated in the Female category - Jordin Sparks. She lost.
Fox chose not to air Sanjaya's win on the televised portion of the award ceremony. They did have Jordin announce the winner of her own category. That's gotta be awkward.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:57 am

Well, good for him! He certainly wouldn't have been my choice, but then it was not called "The Middle Aged Ladies' Choice Awards" Razz

Very strange that they would have Jordan present in her own category Shocked I've never seen that before. I didn't watch the show, but I did watch a You Tube of Kelly Clarkson's performance. I thought she looked beautiful! She sang her song pretty good. A few rough notes at the end. Girl needs to stop singing these yelly songs before she totally ruins her amazing voice No
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Did everybody see my boy and his broad shoulders? Huh? Did you hear his cute southern drawl?

Another person who won who they didn't televise and would have been fun: Hugh Laurie! Yep, he even beat out my guy which is OK because I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Hugh.

Uh, topic? I'm glad our little Papaya won. When you're on every single Late-night host's opening monologue for weeks, you deserve an award!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:34 pm

I didn't see the show GE No Any You Tube of Jared's appearance? What was he nominated for? I myself would have preferred Jared to win. I do not watch House, though I do know that Hugh is very talented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next