Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:49 pm

SB, I'm with you. I thought Chris R.'s performance was simply painful. Horrible actually. I cannot believe the judges still give this kid a pass. I.do.not.get.it. Suspect

BTW, VFTW is voting for Phil now that Sanjaya is gone. Two leave tomorrow. Makes me nervous for my Jordin Sad She really blew it tonight. I know she was awesome last week so I hope she has enough combined votes to stay. For me it is going to get pretty sad the next few weeks. I fear I am going to lose one of my faves, if not both, before the final two.

Last edited by on Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:01 pm

I really hope Chris R and Lakiki leaves tomorrow. Lakiki wasn't bad but it is time to break up the divas and I know Melinda will stay so I am hoping poor Jordin pulls through. She wasn't so good but she is adorable. I still want a Jordin/Blake finale. I think Melinda is boring but a good singer. I just would never buy her CD.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:06 pm

SB, personally I would like to see Chris and Phil go tomorrow, or Chris and Melinda - which I know won't happen, but she bores me more than Lakiki for some reason. Blake and Jordin are the only two I could see me buying a CD from.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:15 pm

How cool would it be if Melinda got booted? SOme folks would crap themselves! HA! I would go for that but I don't see it happening. Phil looks creepy but he is not as annoying as Chris R is to me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:28 pm

No one is as annoying as Chris R. I've wanted him gone since top 24. I must have done something bad in a previous life that god has seen fit to torture me with this kid's awful voice. I'm sure he is a sweet guy though. I have nothing against the kid other than his singing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 6:45 am

DialIdol results for the combined two weeks:

Quote :

1-2 Jordin Sparks 20.56
-
1-4 (B3) Blake Lewis 18.24
-
2-6 (B3) Phil Stacey 16.19
-
2-6 (B3) Melinda Doolittle 15.87
-
3-6 (B3) Lakisha Jones 14.72
-
3-6 (B3) Chris Richardson 14.21

Needless to say, if this is true than I am a very happy AI fan right now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:36 am

It will be or should be Chris and Lakisha going home. I haven't been impressed with Chris since day one! I like Lakisha when she does good, but she hasn't recently. Yes, Phil looks a little weird, but wow, did he do good last night! I don't think Jordin has anything to worry about....it's going to be Blake and Jordin as the final two!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:08 am

From your mouth to God's ears Sky!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Whoops. I just realized my post didn't go here. I shall put it where it should go...although i do like it when Frazz punishes me...just a little.

Last edited by on Wed May 02, 2007 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:53 pm

I've got to say that I loved Blake. And he's a lot hotter with the dark hair, I think. Haven't watched everybody yet. The kiss between LaKeisha and Simon - that was weird. On Simon's part. A little strange. If he had tried it on Kat McPhee last year I think there would have been an uproar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:05 pm

I LOVED Blake last night. I love Jordin she just chose the wrong song Crying or Very sad But I happen to like Melinda and I was glad Lakisha did well last night.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Melinda and Lakiki (I call her that because I saw it at The Clack House and I think it is a cute nickname). They have great and powerful voices and I think they both are very nice people. Musically they are just not my cuppa. I will actually feel very bad for Lakiki when she goes. I know she has a little girl she wants to provide a good life for and it will be tough on her. I don't know what it is about Melinda, but I find that I just am not at all interested in her performances. I know she is singing the songs really well, but I don't feel anything when she sings them. I can't take my eyes off of Blake when he performs. I know "voice wise" Melinda and Lakiki are the "better belters", but Blake is just more interesting for me watch. He is someone who when the show is over I would seek out to watch again on other shows. I don't feel that way about the others.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:13 pm

There are a gazillion good singers out there. Go to any karaoke bar and through all the tone deafs, you're bound to find 2 or 3 who could actually belt out a tune.

What separates someone who makes it big, as opposed to a good singer, is "presence". It's the same with acting, etc.

When you're in entertainment and that entertainment is performing in front of people, you must have that thing that makes people stare at you. To be fascinated by you. This doesn't mean you're the one with the most talent. It means you're fascinating.

So, Melinda has by far the best voice in the competition. No doubt whatsoever about that. She's flexible. Can sing in a variety of styles, etc. Still, just sorta "there".

Now, take Jordin and Blake. They light up the stage. Blake is unlike anyone else they've ever had. He is alt-radio and top 40. He's a performer and actually has his own style.

Jordin is a performer, but not precocious like other 17 year old singers. She's got enough edge to be cool and enough polish to be a good singer. That's a pretty winning combo.

Those two left standing and I'm a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:40 pm

Oh Yeah as far as charisma ? I think Blake has that it in spades. He is my favorite this year because he is original and refreshing. For sure Melinda can sing she nails it every time. But If I had to pick one to market it would be Blake.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:03 pm

Oh shit, these kids always make me cry Crying or Very sad I know Chris going home was the right thing, but I hate that he and his BFF Blake had to be standing there for that. That had to be so tough. I'm so glad this group seems to genuinely care for each. I think they will have a blast on the tour.

Phil sang really well during his sing out. I think he would have gone further if he had some hair!! At least he has such a beauitful family!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:11 pm

FC, thanks for making me LMAO about Phil going futher if he had hair. I guess that was Daughtry's problem too?

I too cried about Phil and Chris and I have no idea why. It seems so weird Blake and all the Divas left. I really think Lakisha should of went home. I guess kissing Simon gets you points. Phil seems like a genuinely nice guy. He did have weird eyes but he sang really well to me both tonight and last night. Chris R sounded better tonight. The thing about Chris R. that bugs me is he things he will have Daughtry success just because he was on the show. I beg to differ in his case.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Well, the difference is Chris D was bald and cool looking and Phil is bald and creepy looking Suspect He does seem like a very good man though. I wish him lots of luck.

IMHO, not only will Chris R not have Daughtry's success, but I bet we don't hear from him after the tour. He is just not that good.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:28 am

Quote :
FC, thanks for making me LMAO about Phil going futher if he had hair. I guess that was Daughtry's problem too?

Naw. Daughtry's problem was that there were two guys and one girl left...Taylor was "popular" on the show and TCO, and they needed a shocking vote-off. Poor Daughtry. Well, not poor Daughtry. He's gotten his revenge.
Quote :

IMHO, not only will Chris R not have Daughtry's success, but I bet we don't hear from him after the tour. He is just not that good.

I agree.

I forgot to go to rickey.org I'm sorry Phil is gone. He seems so cool, just really suffered with looking like an alien. Does anyone know if having no hair is a choice? Because there are some men who look good bald and then there's...Phil.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:56 am

No wonder Phil shaves his head! He looks like Barney Fife from The Andy Griffith Show Shocked

American Idol - Page 13 Phil_yearbook
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:58 am

STILL looks better than creepy-looking bald Phil. Especially where his hair is long.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:03 pm

Yes, he looks better with the hair, however he probably thought no one would take "Barney Fife" seriously in the rock/pop world! I really will be surprised if Phil has much success after AII do wish him well though. Seems like a good man.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:30 pm

OMG....FC........those pictures of Phil............ scratch

I tend to agree with all the remarks made here. It seems we all kind of have the same thoughts. I like Blake with the new hair color! I thought that kiss with Lakisha and Simon was very weird.........very weird.

I'm getting nauseated with Ryan Seacrest. Are his lines scripted or does he come up with this stuff on his own. Some of his remarks are just off the wall and totally unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:01 pm

FC, but if Phil had hair, at least the stylists would have had something to work with. I mean, no offense, but Clay was definitely Opie Taylor when he tried out and Elliott Yamin wasn't exactly a sex symbol.

Sky, I'm sure 90% of what Ryan says is off cue cards (I've been to a live show and can tell you they're right there) and probably only his banter is non-scripted (like with Simon or one of the contestants). He is just good at his job and making it sound natural, which when they have him saying groan-worthy stuff, is to his detriment.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks (I think) for those Phil pictures. He looks okay in the first one. Oh well. I thought he had a good voice (just not consistent in the same song.) He was VERY good, I thought, doing the the country songs and if he tries there I think he might have some success. His voice is MUCH better than Pickler's. And he's sincere, unlike the Pickle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 3:27 pm

No offense taken GE! Yes, Clay was one major nerd when he auditioned Laughing Sometimes he still is! Razz But, I love him anyway!

Yes, I was pretty much kidding about Phil. I'm sure Dean could have worked some magic on Phil. Hair is always a better option!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next