Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm

I'm thinking maybe Lakisha, but Melinda would definitely be a much bigger shocker - the biggest shocker ever. I'll be on rickey.org getting the updates.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey, just a tip go to I-tunes and look at the idol playlist and one person from the top 6 is missing. I am guessing that is who is going home. So weird they would do that right now and it is so not shocking. That is so stupid.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Do I know this show or what?? Rolling Eyes

So two go next week. That will be rather sad.

OK, I really am not a bitch and I am so glad that money is being raised for these poor people, but this show "entertainment wise" was a real disappointment. The build up made me think all those stars, like Madonna and Bono, were going to be there and perform. Kelly C sounded rather raspy and the hair extensions are not as becoming on her as her real hair. The Celine/Elvis thing was just freaky. Carrie sounded and looked great. Thank goodness for her. Il Devo is Il Sucko. As much as I have always loved Annie, her BOTW was just really painful.

Also, I have a problem with cameras rolling while these kids breakdown. It seems like it was done for good TV.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:16 pm

eh..Chris or Lakisha should of left tonight as planned and voted on. Chris had the lowest number of votes. That ending of everyone staying..was not shocking but neither Chris or Lakisha leaving would be shocking either.

I agree with you about the show FC, they built it up way too much. No Bono singing sucks! Annie should of sang "Why"..that is her song! I was wondering what you thought about her singing BOTW after Clay..haha! I loved Josh Grobin and Carrie.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:19 pm

SB, in the spirit of the show being all about charity, I think they thought ending it with some kid's dream ending and a teary good-by song wasn't such a nice way to end the two hours.

Honestly, Clay aside, Annie sounded really bad. I have seen her in concert a few times and she used to be amazing! I don't know if she is under the weather, but that was the first time she ever sounded bad IMHO.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 pm

Yeah, but if they weren't gonna send someone home, why make Jordin that upset? That was uncalled for. That child thought she was gone. They definitely don't care the AI machine was just worried about what everyone else would say.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Hey, I'm West Coast here. Do we know who the bottom two are or did they just pronounce everyone safe and then they'll do a regular elimation next week?
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 pm

They announce them safe one by one throughout the night and at the very end announce both Jordin and Chris safe. They tell Chris he is safe and poor Jordin loses it. Then Ryan says they are all safe and all voting will carry over into next week. Bottom 2 will go home next week.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:44 pm

I know it's good TV, but truly, sometimes they're just really cruel. I personally don't think the cruelty comes during the auditions like others do, but when they tell someone to pick the winner group and this crap.

So, they announced everyone safe. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Personally, I think Jordin figured out no one was going home when they had no bottom three or even two. She was smiling until the group hug and then was wiping tears. I think it was relief that they were all staying together for another week. That's the way I saw it. They weren't pulling the usually "drama and after the break" stuff. So many people on other boards figured it out early on like I did, so I am guessing the kids figured it out too.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Well, good. I'm glad about that. It really didn't seem beyond them to do that. Like when they say "so and so, you are............................................................................................not going home."
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 10:51 pm

As soon as they said Lakisha was safe I figured they were not doing a boot tonight.

Annie Lennox is one of my favorite performers, but she was way bad tonight.

The Celine/Elvis thing was very weird.

I did like it that Ellen Degeneres promised $100,000...what about the judges on AI???
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:52 pm

I got bored with the whole show and quit watching it. My homepage had already told me about the 'no one going home' way before the show ever started! Now, that's wrong................... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 5:45 am

Quote :
The Celine/Elvis thing was very weird.
weird and DUMB!

It was pretty gut wrenching for me. I must admit I want to go adopt these pecious african orphans. If I had tons of cash I would.

Bono did not even sing. That was a rip off.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 am

My daughter wanted to know if Celine was dead too. She was serious. I started laughing and she got mad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 8:07 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 pm

Bringing this post over from The Clack House:

Quote :
I watched American Idol Extra just now and they had all the finalists on. Phil said that Melinda sort of suspected that they weren't going to vote anyone off because during rehearsal they had to sing the Bono song right at the end and she didn't think they would do that if they had booted someone. Also they were all trying to figure out what else this shocking elimination could mean. So it looks like the contestants had some idea that no-one would be eliminated. Lakisha though said she was still very nervous and was sure it was going to be her, since she had been in the bottom 2 last week. She seemed really sweet during her interview - lots of personality. The contestants were interviewed in pairs - first Lakisha and Phil, then Blake and Chris and last Melinda and Jordin.

Quite a few of the guest stars were interviewed too. That adorable children's choir who sang with Josh were interviewed too and when they were asked who they were going to sing with, they all said "Uncle Josh"!! Sooo cute!! Josh was interviewed as well and he said much the same things that Clay does about it being a wonderful opportunity to have the kind of platform he does to try and make a difference and that it is his responsibility to use his celebrity to create awareness.

Diana DeGarmo was there as well. They had men and women from the navy, army etc as the studio audience and she sang America the Beautiful. She sounded very nasally to me. Her brother had just returned from his tour of duty in Iraq and she has apparently gone over an entertained the troops a few times. She also said something about dropping her record label because she wanted to go in another direction.

Oh and Sanjaya was there interviewed too! He mentioned that he had had a hectic couple of days and I think he is going to be some kind of a correcpondant for American Idol Extra.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Sanjaya (and Kat McPhee and Carrie Underwood) is one of the Most Beautiful in People this year apparently.

Here's a quote from him:

"I got teased in school because people figured I must be gay because I understand women," the phenomenally popular American Idol castoff says. "I think that's why guys didn't like me – because I got along with girls so well. When I went up to girls they would give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek like I was their gay friend. But I was the straight guy that understood them."

As for his dating past, Malakar, who is now 17, says: "I had a girlfriend but she became clingy, and I didn't want to get into a really serious relationship because I was 16. Before his arrival on the hit FOX show, "I just wanted to date and have fun," he says.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:13 am

Where did people get the idea that GB was going to be on that Idol gives back? Why would he get to over Bo, Bucky, Taylor and countless others?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:20 am

Because he told them he was going to be on it. Apparently he was filmed for that "Stayin' Alive" dancing segment. But was cut. We have no idea how many people were filmed for it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Huh. Making promises about appearances that never happen. So unlike our GB.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:48 pm

Really! Right? lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 5:27 pm

some spoilers straight from Dress Rehearsal

Lakisha - This Ain't a Love Song
Blake - You Give Love a Bad Name (only with drums as backing)
Jordin - Livin on a Prayer
Phil - Blaze of Glory

nobody seems to know what Melinda is doing, and Chris seems to be doing Wanted Dead or Alive still.

Rumor has it Blake died his hair black affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:41 pm

HOLY SHIT BLAKE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it! He looks amazing with the dark hair too! I am voting my little fingers off for him tonight!!

(I am soooo glad he didn't listen to Jon. I don't like when artists can't except that other artists have different visions)
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 6:47 pm

What in the blue hell did Chris R just do? a nasally Wanted Dead or Alive..yeah Daughtry stomped him. Daughtry made this a number 36 single on Billboard from that dumb compilation CD. Please send Chris R home..NOW!

Blake cheers He owns! And that is tough for me to say because I am a huge Bon Jovi fan from childhood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next