Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:57 am

It looks like the wig is only on top (take a look at rickey's pic). This means he's balding. Chris Daughtry came into the competition with a shaved head. This guy wants that whole long-haired rock guy thing and if you're baldING, it's entirely different.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm

I knew Chris shaved his head. That is what I meant really. Why wear a wig - just shave your head! He would seem cooler with a shaved head than a wig Razz

That said, I cannot tell from those pix at Rickey's if he is wearing a wig or not. They are not close-ups of the top of his head. I would think if the problem was just the top of his head he could wear a hat or cap like so many of the country singers do.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:21 pm

WOW! The eliminations tonight did not go as I thought Shocked Looks like at this point DialIdol is a bit useless. I sure felt bad for the two girls who left. They seemed totally shock. I don't think either of the guys who left will me missed.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't know what Idol did, but somehow they've managed to break DialIdol. Yeager was supposed to be the #2 boy, and we were supposed to lose Danny.

I am not surprised that we lost one blonde and one black girl. This is the really ugly truth about American Idol; they set up boxes, and the best way to get voted off is to share a box with other contestants. It's the reason why Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer Hudson were all bottom three at the same time. It's why Jessica Sierra was tenth so Carrie could win. If you are perceived as a weak duplicate, you are gonna get dumped. Alexandra went home because Syesha and Asia'h are regarded as stronger.

That's why Amanda Overmyer is still alive. Even though she's absolutely awful, she's unique. If Gina Glockson were in the competition, Amanda would probably be gone.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Well, DialIdol seems to only say the top one is safe for sure, but I don't know how Yeager went from under David to the very bottom. I would not have been surprised about Jason leaving if I had not seen the DialIdol numbers. You just knew from last week on that he was not long for this show. I am a little surprised that Robbie left before Luke - who DialIdol had as the very bottom, but Robbie just didn't have a very charming personality AT ALL. I think once Simon found out he used to be in a boy band that toured with Britney there was no way he was going to buy him as a "real rocker".

The wrong blonde of the last two standing left. But you are right. They cancel each other out. Sadly, the black girls do seem to end up splitting the vote.

I am just so happy that Danny stayed. I get such a kick out of him. Beautiful eyes too!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Here's the thing that I take great care to remember about Danny, who is one of my five or six favorite contestants. He's doomed. Absolutely doomed. He may make the top 10, but it's gonna be close. Reason?

He's a cute teenaged boy. He's a cute teenaged boy with dark hair, and he is in the same season as David Archuleta. He's dead. He's The Other. Being rather obviously gay does not help, either. Being sassy and snippy when Archuleta is all golly-gee-gosh is going to play a factor too.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:48 am

I just got home from my fabulous acting class which I will officially rejoin next week for a month ( $$$ issues may prevent further classes), to read the hilarious assessment of Abrahammy, which made complete sense to me, not having a clue what went on tonight.

I do love this board.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:45 am

Arahammy is right. But I love that Danny is so sassy! He is a hoot! And cute to boot! BUT, this season will be all about David, which is fine. He will make an excellent Idol winner in a lot of ways. The boy should have a huge career. Cute, charming and beautiful voice. Most of middle America love the sweet awe shucks type. Also, he is consistinly very good which cannot be said about most of the others. Many are hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am

Once again, the tears were over flowing from this group. I thought this was the most professional group ever? You would never know from last night's boot show.

I had a meeting on Wednesday, so I missed the girls night. But from the recaps played back, doesn't seem like I missed much.

This season is not so extraordinary like they are hyping. It's just like any other. AI is working it to get ratings back up again.

IMO - as long as they continue to produce a good show and keep it clean, they'll be fine because there really are not a lot of shows that entire families can sit down and watch together. AI does fill that void.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:13 am

I do think the general level of talent is better than last years, and we've got a few potentials stars this time. Last year the best singers had no charisma and most of them were just awful. I'm not talking Sanjaya. I'm talking Rich. And Phil. And Blake when he wasn't beat-boxing. And everybody else except Melinda.

However, I am not convinced it's going to be the best top 12. Two, four, and five all had really strong groups.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 am

For me Season 2 was ALL about Clay and Ruben. Kim Locke was good enough. KimberME, Carmen, Julia, Charlie - just didn't do a thing for me. Josh seemed like a great guy. I would have enjoyed Vanessa a lot if she stuck around. Group numbers were pretty good though.

Season 5 had an awesome group! Season 4 I really enjoyed only a few. Last year was just a step above season 3 for me.

I think this year has the potential to be a really good top 12 - if it has both Davids, Micheal, Danny (just because) Jason C. (maybe) Carly, Ramiele, Brooke and even Christy Lee is pretty good. The two remaining black girls (sorry I can say their names but not spell them Embarassed ) have good voices too, just not the best song choices. So I think I will pretty much enjoy this top 12.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:07 am

FC......I like Danny's sassiness too. I am so surprised that Robbie went before Luke. He was doomed though. I think there is a lot of talent this season, some just need to pick better songs.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:22 am

Because I never tire of this!!

American Idol - Page 31 Dannygif

I freaking love this kid!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 6:47 am

When Robbie Carrico was eliminated Thursday on American Idol, host Ryan Seacrest asked judge Simon Cowell to give the rocker some advice. “It’s authenticity,” Cowell said. “The public saw what we saw and that was the problem. It just never ever felt real.”

He was, of course, referring to Carrico’s image and rock sound, but he could have been referring to something else — his hair.
Earlier in the week, Internet sites reported that Carrico may wear a
wig. In fact, a source told PEOPLE the 26-year-old’s hairline has
definitely receded. “It could be some sort of weave,” the
source said. “I don’t know.” One thing the source believes: “His long
hair is impossible. There’s no way he could grow that hair.”

But in a conference call Friday with reporters, the ousted contestants denied the allegations.

“I’ve
been growing this hair for a very long time,” Carrico said. “It’s
ridiculous that [the media] have to come up with something like that.”

Carrico
also answered questions about his authenticity as a rocker. “I’ve spent
the past six years working my tail off in grungy bars and pulling our
own trailer with our own equipment loading it in and out and living
from a van sometimes, doing all the grunt work,” said Carrico, who
feels his previous work with pop music is the reason the judges had a
hard time believing he was a true rocker. “Like I said before, this is me. You get what you see.” Carrico added that rock music is all he listens to while on the road.

While being a part of pop group Boyz N Girlz United was simply another job for Carrico, it was one that brought him the opportunity to date Britney Spears back in 1999 when the band opened for her tour.

It
wasn’t really that big of a deal,” say Carrico of his relationship with
Spears. “We went on a couple of dates but that’s pretty much it.”

Asked if he ever noticed any bizarre behavior from Spears, who’s was
recently a patient at the UCLA Medical Center’s psych ward, Carrico
responded, “Not at all. She was always real down to earth. She’s a really good girl.”

Though
Carrico’s time on Idol was short-lived, he hopes to be able to record a
new album soon and shop it around to record companies. So far, things
look promising. According to Carrico, he’s already had a couple of
offers.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm

There is a video on TMZ of our dear Danny. It's obviously from the holiday season and it is REALLY offensive. Like, eye-popping offensive. He's got a stud through his lip and everything.

The only thing that saves him is that he was (is?) a young punk teenage kid just trying to say the most offensive thing he could think of and not realizing that when you put something like that out into the netosphere, it is there forever.

These kids don't realize that if they post drunken almost completely naked pictures on the internet, it's not just there while they're a teenager. It's there when your employer looks them up when you apply for a job or YOU GO ON AMERICAN IDOL AND BECOME A PUBLIC FIGURE.

There hasn't been one contestant who has a skeleton in their closet who hasn't been found out.

I'm not easily offended so I can just chalk it up to him being a stupid kid, but if middle-america gets a hold of this, if the gay thing doesn't make them not vote, this video certainly will.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Shocked

Link?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:19 pm

I didn't put the link because it's REALLY REALLY offensive, but I guess if you guys decide to click it, you know what you're getting into.

Let me say that this particular offensive talk has to do with Christmas and was obviously done during the holidays. I know you think you can imagine what he says, but you probably can't. You've been warned.

Danny's Christmas rant
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks for the link. Honestly, it was not as bad as I expected. Yes it was BAD, BAD, BAD, but I guess I though it was going to be longer and even more vile.

Regardless, he is SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if this gets a lot of press tonight before the show he will be gone tomorrow. OR TPTB will find a way to get rid of him.

Add David H.'s naked gay lap dances at gay strip clubs and I think we know the bottom two boys going home on Thursday before they even sing tonight Razz

GE, is right. If you got skeletons in your closet and you go on Idol the on-line media WILL HUNT for those skeletons with every ounce of their being. Honestly, I don't know which bothers me more Rolling Eyes People make mistakes when they are young. Why is the on-line media obsessed with finding out those mistakes and making sure they ruin your future??

NOT excusing Danny at all! But I think this boy does a LOT for attention. I think he has more issues than being a gay teen Crying or Very sad Makes me sad because I think he has potential.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks, FC. I'm glad you agree with me. I was really afraid you were going to see that video and put a hex on him.

I guess I really tried to build it up because I was completely unprepared.

He looks even younger there and it's just obvious he went through a phase and I also think it's very very sad that as a young person you make a mistake and then it has to haunt you wherever you go. In this day and age, you can't get away with anything. I'm amazed that these young kids who have only known this kind of instant-information age, would be so capricious with what they put out there.

Maybe they really think nothing can touch them. Maybe in their quest to be the coolest person on the planet, they lose their way and succumb to peer pressure. I mean, let's face it, when we were kids, it wasn't like it is now with upping the ante to become the most popular. All the girls trying to out-slut each other. All the guys trying to out-shock.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 pm

No, I can forgive kids/teens a lot. Didn't we all do some pretty crazy stuff as teens? Razz Even semi-conservative republicans have done a few naughties in life Embarassed Twisted Evil

I feel bad for the kid. I think he has it tough being a flamboyant gay teen as it is. Then being one on AI?? affraid

Good luck sweetie! I'll miss you. I hope you find what you need Danny. Maybe it is just a lot of love and acceptance.

Yep GE, it is so tough being a teen now days. I feel for them, and worry for mine even though they seem to be good boys. You just never know....
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:15 pm

I am glad I'm not raising a teen now................ I feel for anyone raising children and getting them on the right path, it is so easy for them to be swayed.............
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:42 pm

That Danny video wasn't that awful. But he was awful singing on idol tonight. Actually he finished okay, but his beginning was not good. I cannot see how he will make the Top 12.

Also, lap dances aside, I didn't care for David tonight at all. Don't know why the judges were so excited about him.

Also don't get the big deal with Michael Johns tonight. I liked him the first time I saw him but I haven't been impressed since.

Jason Castro was very good I thought. Sweet song and he did it well.

Who will go home IMO?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:42 pm

The thing with this group is that the guys that are great one week are the weak ones the next, and the ones weak one week are the great ones the next geek I actually think stripper boy is the most consistant.

I did REALLY enjoy David Cook tonight and I would buy that song in a NY minute!! I thought Jason C. was wonderful, though I swear in his tapes he seems stoned Suspect

David A. was good, but not as good as last week (don't thow things at me Frazz Laughing Razz )

Danny scratch (still love the messed-up kid)

I really enjoyed Michael Johns tonight too.

Luke is handsome Razz

Chickadee - missed him. I was on the phone with the bestest cyber buddy ever!

I think I am forgetting someone - and that cannot be good for that guy No

Going home? I am pretty sure it will be Luke and sadly, probably Danny Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:26 pm

I saw part of Chickadee mycyberfriend! You were so right...missing it would have been better! Laughing

For me it was all about David Cook and Jason Castro. They are both very unique and non-idol contestant like... Twisted Evil David Hernandez was pretty good too. David A? Not so much. No
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 pm

Maybe it is a good thing that the numbers of the ones with something officially not squeaky clean coming out is happening.

There really is no such thing as squeaky clean for anybody with the drive to do what these kids (and anybody else who seeks fame in any field) and I am all for seeing everybody as they are, goodness, badnesses..all of it. Hopefully they have more goodness than badness in the long run, but the worst thing in my universe is public opinion saying someone is saintly, when obviously they are not. And not that they should be. If they be human, they be plenty fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next