Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 pm

It was a great show, some bad song choices though. Luke is nice to look at, and he sang much better this week. I still like Michael, but not the best song. I'm really liking David Cook and have from the start. David Archuleta is very good. I like Robbie.............and Jason.........
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 pm

I think David A has a really good voice. That said, I found his rendition of Imagine to be horrifyingly karaoke. I mean I am really horrified.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:40 pm

The arrangement of Imagine was unusual to say the least-at first, I did'nt like it, but it almost had a jazz vibe- so it grew on me.

I can see what you are saying Frazz, about it being a shade Karyokeish, but his voice is so beautiful it overshadowed almost all of the arrangment flaws for me. He has "it" and a God given gift that is a pleasure to see and listen to. I predict he is going to be a huge success.

Last edited by Luca on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 pm

I agree he will be a huge success.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:44 am

Yes he will be! I think this kid is going to win. The DialIdol results are shocking to me Shocked Not who is in first place by a mile, but the one of the bottom two. If it is right I will be quite sad Crying or Very sad Also, the man in the number 2 spot Shocked Shocked Some strange results compared to last week. Clearly song choice is HUGE at this point because a lot of the list is reversed from last week. Should be interesting to see how accurate it is.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 am

Well I am not watching this year . My hubby is more than thrilled about it too. I crapped out after the first two episodes. Add that to the fact I don't even like pop music. But I would like to see Micheal ? Is he the aussie? And Robbie? is he kinda Boish? My sister really likes those two. So is there somewhere I can watch them?? Pleeez point me in the right direction . Thanx.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:46 am

You can watch the performances here Aerwin.

http://www.rickey.org/

Yes, Michael is the Aussie and I really like him, but he was just Blah last night. Robbie - I don't think he has anything going in the personality department that will get him tons of votes. He is not the best rocker or the best looking or the best personality or the best vocalist, so I don't think he is long for the show. Maybe top 12? After last night I couldn't care less about him. In the immortal words of Randy Jackson - he was ah'-right dawg.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 am

TY!!!That is great . I can listen to the condensed version. I didn't like either one of those guys. My sister does though. Boy it is different with no visual. What about Jason? I think he sounds the best.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:16 am

Jason with the dreads? Oy...scratches head. He has a really weak voice to me. Pleasant, but boring and weak.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:25 am

frazzle wrote:
I think David A has a really good voice. That said, I found his rendition of Imagine to be horrifyingly karaoke. I mean I am really horrified.

Oh good, I am not alone. Imagine is one of my most favorite songs, and I hate it when a singer changes it at all. He does have a great voice, but I didn't like the way he changed it.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 am

I listened to him too. Not all that great. Yes Imagine is one of my favorite songs as well.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:33 am

FC, could you post the dialidol list?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:02 am

Here you go Sky! Number 2 has me Shocked

Spoiler:

I couldn't agree more Luca. Jason with the dreads vocals were paper thin last night. He will stick around for next week, but he better start bringing it. There is enough pretty and good voices this season that you had better bring it every single week!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:02 am

Is there anybody here who regards anything other than who gets the boot a spoiler? I don't. Dialidol, song choice.. all cool with me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:04 am

OK, everybody let me know. I just don't want to ruin any surprise for anyone, not even lurkers.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:06 am

I don't think we have any unknown lurkers.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 am

frazzle wrote:
Is there anybody here who regards anything other than who gets the boot a spoiler? I don't. Dialidol, song choice.. all cool with me.

Not me.....the only spoiler would be who actually gets the boot.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 am

Wow! I don't think Luke Menard belongs on the bottom. Chikezie...sings okay, but not really American Idol material. Out of all the guys that proclaim to be a rocker, I think David Cook fits the role. That could be why I like him over some of the others. I'd like to see Robbie "bring it" and just cut loose for a song!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 am

It is very different scenario when you are looking at the still pic and listening to the audio only. Because I have not seen any of the backstories at all. I thought Jason sounded nice on the audio. My taste is questionable anyway because I have never agreed with the winner save for Kelly.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm fine with not using the spoiler also.

Not totally surprised at Luke being down where he is. I'm not sure what demographic he would really capture in this early voting so that might be the problem.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:07 pm

According to DialIdol, no one is safe except David A.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:47 pm

So, what did you guys think of the ladies??

I LOVE Brooke White and Carly. By far the best for me tonight. Most all the others took a nose dive tonight compared to last week. There are some good strong vocalists among them, but some really bad song choices. I feel like for some reason the judges want Kady gone. They are so hard on her. I didn't think either weeks were that bad.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:18 pm

I thought Brooke was good, but everyone else was meh to me. Amanda, yikes! That was brutal. I think the problem is that with rockers, so much of what they do is attitude - getting the right look, the right sound to their voices - that sometimes people forget that they have to be able to sing too.

Latest Idol rumor is that Robbie Carrico is wearing a wig.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:53 am

Rickey posted a picture on his site that makes me pretty much 100% sure Robbie is wearing a wig. At least on top.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:34 am

I wonder why he would wear a wig? Is it because he has short hair and wanted to "look" more rocker with the wig, or because he is balding? I don't think balding would have hurt him. It didn't seem to hurt Daughtry Razz

I cannot believe that DialIdol shows Amanda as FIRST of the ladies Shocked Her vocals were the worst of the night! I wonder if VFTW is voting for her scratch The ladies list is like a flip from last week. If it is right two of the interchangeable blondies are leaving tonight.

If Danny leaves I will be so disappointed Crying or Very sad Love him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next