Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Great vids here! He sings a gorgeous song and a fun interview!

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=0#videoid=254761
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:58 pm

American Idol - Page 9 Itunestop10

DC has the Top 4 spots on iTunes!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:31 am

How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:01 am

Amazingly cool!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Did you see DC on Leno last night? He is so humble, well spoken, and just a great interviewee!! AI could not have asked for a more perfect winner to represent them. A perfect blend of edgy artist and descent human being who is funny and charming and good looking I love you

He was amazing in all his zillion interviews yesterday and did it all on 1 hour of sleep and after days of little sleep and all the long hours of rehearsals for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:02 pm

firecracker wrote:
Amazingly cool!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Did you see DC on Leno last night? He is so humble, well spoken, and just a great interviewee!! AI could not have asked for a more perfect winner to represent them. A perfect blend of edgy artist and descent human being who is funny and charming and good looking I love you

He was amazing in all his zillion interviews yesterday and did it all on 1 hour of sleep and after days of little sleep and all the long hours of rehearsals for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows!

I watched all the entertainment shows last night because he was on all of them........and then forgot about Leno! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I caught a snippet of an LA based news show that gave a teaser about some celebrity having a crush on David Cook or something of that nature.

It could have been that Snow White at Disney Land fell for him or something...but, my inquiring mind wants to know anyway. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:14 pm

I know Kimberly Caldwell from the TV Guide Channel has one on him and has raved about him all season. So Weds. night she got to interview him on the red carpet. He brought her a rose, thanked her for all the wonderful things she has said about him, and asked her out to dinner. She excepted and they kissed cheeks. Aw, I hate her Razz Kidding. I actually do not care for her though, but maybe she is real nice in RL. She is just sort of obnoxious on her show. She looked amazing Weds. night though.

I don't know if she is the one that they were talking about on that show though.

Sky, I know there are downloads of the Leno appearance. It might be on You Tube too. I'll see if I can find a link for you.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:07 pm

firecracker wrote:
I know Kimberly Caldwell from the TV Guide Channel has one on him and has raved about him all season. So Weds. night she got to interview him on the red carpet. He brought her a rose, thanked her for all the wonderful things she has said about him, and asked her out to dinner. She excepted and they kissed cheeks. Aw, I hate her Razz Kidding. I actually do not care for her though, but maybe she is real nice in RL. She is just sort of obnoxious on her show. She looked amazing Weds. night though.

I don't know if she is the one that they were talking about on that show though.

Sky, I know there are downloads of the Leno appearance. It might be on You Tube too. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

I saw it. It was a great interview. David is very comfortable in front of the camera and very well spoken.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh good! I am glad you got to see it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:14 pm

Did anyone watch Larry King Live tonight?

They were all so awesome and nice! Archie really struggles to express himself, but seems very sweet!

Jason was funny and very cute! Carly looked amazing. DC is so intelligent! I love they way they all pointed to him and said he is the brainy one! I love a smart rockstar!!

They will all be on Monday too! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:38 pm

So, I don't want to get anyone upset, especially with all the celebrating, but a friend of mine on another board and I were talking about David C. and David A. She thought for sure David A. was going to win and was pleasantly surprised when he didn't. She was glad a rocker won.

Now, she has no ties to anyone. She does not watch AI, but just knows some basic stuff. She had absolutely no agenda and just watched Jay Leno when David C. was on it. She said
Quote :
I saw him last night on Leno and he was kind of, what's the word, smug? He tends to come across that way though.
I thought this was interesting. I have heard this in a few places.

Now, when I saw him win, he seemed very humbled and crying, but I'm worried that people who don't know him and follow him think he's coming across this way. It may be nerves and may be going overboard while trying to bolster himself for the limelight and scrutiny and it comes across as smugness. Like sometimes people who are scared cover it up with toughness. I don't know.

Those of you who watch him. Does he ever come across this way to you?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:45 pm

OK, everybody, shut the fuck up about worrying about upsetting anybody with an opinion about a celebrity!

See, now that is MY semantics for I love you all and value all your opinions.

But I feel guilty by association, and get worried and stop having fun when I think people are actually getting hurt and think it will become necessary for everybody to preface things with an apology.

APOLOGIES ARE BANNED about opinions about celebrities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I don't get the smug thing from David Cook, myself. At all.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Sorry. (whoops).

I guess what I should have said is that I meant no ill-will from my post, but I was just curious.

I shall now commence with un-commencing with the apologies.

A frazz who's not having fun is a sad thing indeed.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:54 pm

See? I love GE because I can say something like that using her post as the launching point and she will know i still adore her, and I know she still adores me.

That is what I love.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:13 am

Quote :
Those of you who watch him. Does he ever come across this way to you?

Yes, and in one of the earlier rounds of the Top 12, I remember that Simon actually said something about that to DC. After that, his demeanor did change. Perhaps they (TPTB, Simon or whoever) talked with him about presentation. I think the emotions that came out later were genuine, but I have to admit that I was initially not that impressed with the attitude. I hesitated to post this kind of comment, but since GE mentioned that someone who does not watch AI had that impression..... Razz

I saw the LKL interviews on the mjsblog website and enjoyed them. The pressure of the show is over and it is nice to see them relaxed and in a different setting. They appear to like and respect one another. It's a good thing....they will be together 24/7 for the next 4 months!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:15 am

I will always adore and worship my frazz.

You can use me as a launching point any time you want, baby.
Quote :

The pressure of the show is over and it is nice to see them relaxed and in a different setting. They appear to like and respect one another. It's a good thing....they will be together 24/7 for the next 4 months!
Oh, it is always WAY better to see and hear these people when they're not being judged and under all that pressure to be in commercials and learn new songs every week. They get to loosten up and have fun. Just look at Brooke! My God, she's a new woman!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:46 am

I have never seen smug at all! He is very humble. I have watched every single after AI win interview(that I have been able to find on the net) and he has been nothing but humble and heaping lots of thanks and appreciation, and a ton of praise for Archie and the others. He has said repeatedly how much he adores Archie and the others and talks about their amazing talent. I can't even imagine how anyone sees him as smug No I have been enormously impressed by him, especially when you consider on Leno he had only one hour sleep from early Wednesday morning until Thursday night and he had done 200 interviews on that lack of sleep. I can't even tell you the mood I would have been in my then Razz And he is so articulate. Watching Archie on LKL was painful. He cannot spit out a whole sentence and Larry was having trouble with the interview. What is up with that? I've never seen anyone answer questions like that. He has always been like that since being on the show. I wonder if his dad has anything to do with it? Is he affraid he will say the wrong thing or something? Very strange.

Oh, and just want to point out that on Tuesday night Simon did say "I just want to state publicly that David Cook is one of the nicest and most sincere contestants we have ever had". So I think that says a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:55 am

I've wondered why Archie has such difficulty speaking publicly. He can't be so shy that he stumbles on words....he gets up before thousands and sings.

It also looked like he won't watch video clips of himself on stage. He seemed to keep his head down or close his eyes or look away.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:26 am

Yes, I noticed that last night too. Poor kid. Maybe he is only secure when he sings because he knows he is good at that. Maybe he only has confidence when he is singing. You know, Clay has said he is very secure on stage but not in other RL situations. Of course in his case I can see why - he has been made fun of his whole life. I wouldn't think that has been the case with Archie - unless daddy has really messed him up Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:07 pm

I saw little bits of LKL last night and my heart goes out to David A. He really is just a kid and I hope with all my heart that his Dad is not mean to him. Kids that age are very sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:03 pm

I hope that too Aerwin. He is a great kid with a fantastic voice. I hope he does well, but not better than Cook! LOL! I really think Cook is going to be a huge success.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm

An interesting pre-idol interview with David Cook..........

http://musicequalslife.com/Site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks for bringing that here Sky! I read that awhile ago at the DC fan site (that place has everything!) but it was nice to read it again.

I think he will be huge too! I just watched the Idol Xtra red carpet interview of stars arriving. Marissa from DWTS said that "Archie would win Idol, but Cook would win Grammys!" Well, I sure hope she is right about the Grammys! I would so love that! Clay has never even been to the Grammys let alone win one No
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Check out the video on DC's new MySpace page. He talks about having ongoing video blogs. Chris Daughtry has been doing this on his official website from the beginning and I think it's a very effective way to connect with fans.

DC's Myspace page
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm

EEEKK! Janice - I was just coming here with that! It is so sweet! He is so appreciative of his fans! Wants the site to be about us and not just him. He wants a good relationship with us!! It is just a lovely video of a wonderful young man! Not a smug bone in that beautiful body! LOVE him! Thank you America for getting it right this time!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next