Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+6
Luca
firecracker
aerwin
frazzle
Green Eyez
Sky
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:48 am

Congrats Frazz! bounce Excellent news!

Sorry it is less money Crying or Very sad Hopefully you get good medical benefits!

I wish you the best on all your endeavours!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:07 am

Yay! Good for you Frazzle.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah, frazz, finding the time and energy to be creative after being in an office all day and all that driving isn't easy. You know I speak from experience. When you have some free time, you just want to vegetate for a bit.

I'm sure if anyone can find a way, it's you.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 am

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
I am now, finally, full time, permanently employed. Or will be next week.

The job I was doing through a temp agency part time at AIDS Project Los Angeles, doing their webs sites and planning a redesign, has come through. At 8 thousand dollars a year less than my last full time job in 2005. But I need it. So I took it!
[/quote]
Yay!!!!! cheers cheers It sounds like a great job even though you are getting less money. How cool to be working for an agency that does meaningful work and you get to use your creativity in their web designs.

How are you planning on celebrating? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Yesterday, we went to watch my Grandson play a Baseball game, in some rather high temps, for us anyway. We reached 90 yesterday and we're already above that today. Anyway.........here is the view we had from the baseball field............it was oh so tempting..........

Chitchat - Page 8 Mtrainierbbgame
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:31 pm

For me it's oh-so-tempting to wave at the mountain from far away and admire it, but you're the adventurous one.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:56 pm

HA! I meant the snow being there and so hot where we were! I have no intentions of doing any mountain climbing!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:59 pm

I actually thought you meant skiing, which I am equally as frightened of.

That you first thought "mountain climbing" shows how much more adventurous you are and what a yellow-bellied wimp I am.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Most of our friends ski! Not us. No way, no how! We did have one friend who hurt her back really bad and didn't ski again for 9 years. She is back at it though.

We drive to the top of The Rockies a few years back and I was scared to death! Lordy it is just like the cartoons where your car looks like it is going to fall right off! I am so glad we did it and I can say we experienced that (and lived) but I will never do it again!! No
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Ah.......no, I have never had a desire to ski and break a leg! I probably thought mt. climbing because my neice's hubby did just that! I'm more for just going up there and looking at the snow and maybe playing in it, especially when it's so hot here!

Last edited by Sky on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Quote :
Ah.......no, I have never had a desire to sky and break a leg!
Heee!

So, let me get this straight. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? No problem.

Going down rapids in a floatation device? Totally fine!

Skiing - yikes?

You intrigue me Sky.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Typo there, huh? LOL!

LOL! The floatation device was a JET BOAT, not much danger there. Tandem skydives, thrilling yes, dangerous, yes...but...I'm not in control.
Skiing? I'm klutzy and it just never sounded that fun to ski down a mountain.......
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:04 pm

You still intrigue me. I love looking at people's contradictions and the way they see things.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Hey, remember when I told you guys my son Eric was told he had RLS? Though now we are thinking maybe it was growing pains because he is doing better. We are still taking him to the neurologist on July 9th to be sure. Anyway, my mom called me up and said a friend of hers in Ohio told her to check out this article on "sleeping with a bar of soap under your sheet at the foot of the bed really helps" Shocked

Here it is. What do you guys think?

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archives/home_remedies/soap_under_the_sheets_for_rls_leg_cramps.asp
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:04 pm

I love home remedies like that. Who knows, might as well try it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:47 pm

We will! We don't use bar soap here so I will pick some up at the store tomorrow or Tuesday and see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:09 pm

You have to go to this site..................it's very cool........

Go to this site. Move your cursor over the screen (left, right , up ,down) and you will have the impression that you are flying over the mountains. Pretty cool.

http://www.electricoyster.com/electric3d/index.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks! That is very cool! Reminded me of when we were standing at the top of The Rockies!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Since that's as close as I'll probably ever get to flying over the mountains, that is pretty cool! The music is also nice. Goes with the scenary.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Laughing Wink Now, just picture being under a parachute, because that's the beautiful part of a skydive. Of course you aren't quite that high and unless you cross country skydive, you don't go that far either!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Well, I would definitely have to be HIGH to strap a parachute to my back and jump out of an airplane, so that fits.

In other news, my computer is deadsville. I guess I'll be out on Hollywood Blvd. until I get enough for a new one. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:17 pm

What will you be doing on Hollywood Blvd.? Chitchat - Page 8 2 affraid

So sorry about your loss GE Crying or Very sad I would be a mess if my laptop died.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 pm

You know the old joke about the really old couple who needs money? So the old woman says she's gonna go out on Hollywood Blvd. and earn some money. She comes back two days later completely exhaused with twenty five dollars and 25 cents.

The old man says "who paid you a quarter?"
The old woman says "everybody".

Ba dum bum.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Laughing I bet you could get more than a quarter GE!!!! Duh...

Quote :
In other news, my computer is deadsville. I guess I'll be out on Hollywood Blvd. until I get enough for a new one. Wish me luck.
That sucks! I know because I just had to shell out several hundred to get my old one replaced. I hated to do it right now, but cannot live without a computer. And the new one is so much better than what I had...I don't regret upgrading.

GE, are you borrowing someone else's now? How are you getting on line since yours died?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:54 pm

Awww...Luca, my lurve, thanks! I think I could get at least 50 cents, huh?

It's worse, because I use a laptop, so it's even more expensive.

Righrt now I'm borrowing dear ol' mom's. I also dogsit and they have computers, so I will be scavenging here and there until some miracle happens and I come into some heavy duty cash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next