Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Clay News! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Bringing over from The Clack House!

Quote :
So for the blog entry. I hesitate to post it because it contains a pejorative I find very distasteful but considering the guy is a DJ I thought people would want to read what he thought about Clay's talent and the music industry:

Quote:
Music is by no means the same anymore. If it wasn't for Justin Timberlake - I would think all vocal creativity has gone down the drain. I understand in listening to the likes of "Louie, Louie" from the 1950's that vocal talent does not have to be #1 in every band... but when did it become acceptable to put every bad artist on a label to make a buck? For instance - for an old fogey like myself - I enjoy the occasional song from Fall Out Boy. Kids... LOVE these fuckers - you ever hear them live? They can't even sing the songs they wrote for themselves. Or my new favorite - the R&B singer that doesn't really sing - that digitized, then synthesized voice sings for him instead. Marvin Gaye was an R&B singer, no help needed.

I guess what I'm getting at is the real talent has got to be out there - but they just aren't marketable. Shiny things or messed up lives are marketable, drug problems or anti-war songs are marketable.

Prime example - Clay Aiken. Call me a fag all you want - that kid had more talent in his crappy hairdo then the entire current punk rock community had all together. He could sing so well chills would go down your spine. Did you know he sold over a million records? No... you wouldn't because he wasn't marketable - luckily people recognized the talent and bought is album.

[snip]

Enough rambling - to sum up this monologue, Kids these days are listening to absolute crap.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm

It ain't Bingo calling or anything, but last night was the taping of the Holiday Ice Show with Clay that will air on Christmas Day. Some of the ladies who went got some great Clack!!

Here are a few gorgeous pix! He looks amazing! Can't wait for Xmas Day!!

Clay News! - Page 17 Iceshow2

Clay News! - Page 17 Iceshow1

Clay News! - Page 17 Iceshow4

Clay News! - Page 17 Iceshow3

It's going to be an awesome show!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 pm

That special is airing on Christmas Day?

Weee freaking squeee! Merry Christmas! Yes, I believe I will make a point of watching that with great glee. Skating + Clay + Christmas. That's REALLY cool.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 pm

And for those who won't be able to watch on Christmas, it'll re-run on the Style Network.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:52 pm

I will be waiting to watch this one! What a perfect show for Christmas Day.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:37 am

Well, any day Clay is on TV is like Christmas for me!! Laughing Do you know I love him??? Wink

This is really cute! "The Claymate News"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP0GwRDxhuU
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:40 pm

I think she likes him!!! (that's the look I would have on my face too Embarassed )

Clay News! - Page 17 Iceshow5
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:35 am

Clay made "People's Top 25 Hotlist"!

http://www.people.com/people/static/h/package/top25celebrityhotlist/all.html

TheFutonCritic.com

Quote :

On Thursday, two celebrity episodes of ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER aired back to back. The 8p telecast of ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER posted its highest delivery among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 so far this season and outperformed its prior season average by +13% among Adults 18-49, +21% among Adults 18-34 and +5% in Total Viewers.

The 8pm broadcast of AYSTAFG is Clay's episode. A nice boost in the coveted demo for the series. Mark Burnett must be VERY pleased.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Found at CB. Two interesting blog entries from a guy named Josh Auer:

Quote :
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Tonight's project.

Well, it's 10:30pm and my wife Amanda and I are in the studio tracking some vocals for a song written by the uber talented and fabulous Eve Nelson. She's sending the song over to Clay Aiken for consideration for his new album and his team wanted to hear a male vocal on it... so it came my way.

Sunday, November 11, 2007
Approval and getting towed.

Today, Josh got the OK on the vocals he sang for the Clay Aiken demo. Yes! We're thrilled. Smile

We also got his car towed, because his key stopped working. That means 2+ weeks of one car for the two of us until his truck can get re-keyed. Yikes. At least it's on it's way to being fixed. It'd been acting up for quite some time.

We'll keep you posted on Clay Aiken
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 am

Concert tix and M&G with Clay are up for bid on Rosie's charity auction!

http://rosiesgala.charitybuzz.com/viewLots.do?show=10&index=0&order=default&id=145
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:10 am

Posted by lolacat at CV:

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/answer/index...e9-3bd4f69d52cc

Quote :
Who are the most rabid, most passionate, most loyal fans in Hollywood? Is it the Trekkies? Claymates? Brangelina followers?
—Abby, Seattle
RECOMMENDED (0)

Comments (0)

RECOMMEND NOW
TEXT SIZE + A | -A
The B!tch Replies: Depends on what you mean by most rabid. If you mean cougaring around on the Internet for any scrap of information about a not-gay crooner who knows his way around a flat iron, then the Claymates have that arena bagged and tagged. And yes, I just turned cougar into a verb.

"There's no comparison whatsoever!" exclaims Lycos spokesperson Kathy O'Reilly. "No other male celeb, band or movie star receives the amount of search activity that Clay generates."

Ms Marmalade wrote from Kalamazoo Arts.com

Quote :
Best-known for his many show-stopping live performances in concert and on television, Clay Aiken continues to prove to be a phenomenon. Performing with the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, Clay Aiken has the range and appeal for a top-notch performance that continues to show audiences that he is not only an American Idol, but a contemporary music icon

Hee.....love this!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 7:21 am

This has me so worried about Clay's debut in Spamalot Sad I really hate strikes. I hope they can settle this one soon, but when they are not talking it doesn't look good. What a sad time for people in the entertainment biz.

Quote :
Tags : None
Just saw this on my Roadrunner Homepage...

By MICHAEL KUCHWARA - AP Drama Writer

NEW YORK(AP) Talks broke down Sunday between striking Broadway stagehands and theater producers, with the producers' league announcing it has canceled performances through Nov. 25, the lucrative Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

"We are profoundly disappointed to have to tell you that talks broke off tonight, and that no further negotiations are scheduled," Charlotte St. Martin, the executive director
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Great Clay print interview here! He talks about the new CD too!!

Clay Interview!

Watch behind the scenes of Clay and Sasha!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Loved the interview and Love, Love, Loved the little video clip. I can't wait to see this.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Me either Sky!!

Clay just blogged tonight on his Official Fan club Board! Getting ready for the Xmas tour to start. He has 40 plus people coming to his house for dinner tomorrow! (Glad that's not me having 40 people Razz )

His last paragraph is soooo sweet!! He said one of the things he is the most thankful for is his fans! He said he is thankful for us everyday!! Aw, that is such a nice thing to read before I go to bed! I am thankful for him too!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 6:40 am

Great article about Clay and his Christmas Tour which is starting tomorrow night!!! cheers

http://www.timesleader.com/living/20071125_25clay_aiken_etc_ART.html

And another one!

http://www.mlive.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/features-2/1195968320316720.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

I just read there will be a cellcert tomorrow night given by Dolce!! I am so happy to see that she is still a big Clay fan. The venue for tomorrow night's show said all cameras and video cameras with be allowed so YAY for opening night Clackapalooza!!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 am

How fun that they are allowing cameras!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:35 am

Yes it is Frazz! I will bring goodies here when I can! Tonight is the Night!! First concert! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Kalamazoo Gazette

Clay nation includes Kalamazoo

Quote :
To most of us, Clay Aiken is that nice young man who placed second in the 2003 season of "American Idol."

But it seems Aiken has a cult following among middle-aged women, creating an unexpected boon for Miller Auditorium and Kalamazoo Public Schools.

Aiken will be in town Friday for a holiday concert with the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra at Miller Auditorium -- an event occurring on Aiken's 29th birthday.

To the delighted astonishment of Miller officials, they've sold tickets in 26 states for the concert, drawing hundreds of women from fan clubs with names such as Claynation and Claymates. About 50 Aiken fans were so determined to get front-and-center seats that they bought season subscriptions to Miller, costing those patrons an extra $100 each. (The fans donated tickets for the other events back to MIller, which is distributing them to area service clubs.)

"We've never had anything like this before," said Tracy Lawie, Miller's director of marketing. "We had no idea (Aiken) had this type of following. No clue whatsoever."
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:05 am

Quote :

"We've never had anything like this before," said Tracy Lawie, Miller's director of marketing. "We had no idea (Aiken) had this type of following. No clue whatsoever."

Because they've been living under a rock for the past four years?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:04 am

Well, the first night of the tour was not without controversy! Clay has opted for a very serious Christmas tour. All in black and morning coat (God he looked gorgeous) the girls in gowns. All standing on a raised platform in the middle of the orchestra with Jessie and his piano front and center. 27 songs!! Q and A each get a solo. 4 fans came out on stage to read stories. Tearjerkers like a woman whose son died at Xmas time and threw away all of her Xmas decorations. The stories lead into songs that went with the story. The order of the songs told a story in itself. There is no banter and THAT is what all the fussing was about in Chat. Last year's Xmas concert was a bit irreverent and I think Clay wanted it very Christian/Christmas and classy this time around.

Clay did blog about it on his OFC site last night and it said he knew some fans would be unhappy about the lack of banter and humor, but that this Xmas he really wanted to bring out the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of Christ.

He sang many new songs and his voice was spectacular!!

People who had M&Gs before the show said he was very happy and excited. He is thin now since off the meds. Hair was perfect! The people who he chose to read their stories got to meet him and talk with him during rehearsals and he had their stories printed up and he personalized them.

People at the show said it was gorgeous!

I find this young man to be truly amazing, caring, gifted, and such a joy!

A pic from last night! Such a lovely man!
Clay News! - Page 17 Xmas

The whole gallery of beautiful pix here!
http://dc4clay.smugmug.com/gallery/3897021#226022718

You can download the MP3 of the concert here!
First Xmas Concert

A little review!
http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/story/238782.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:03 pm

One of the vids is on You Tube! I never heard this song and of course by the end Clay had me in tears Sad How does he do that???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMRB1Cvq_LQ
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:30 pm

Here are more You Tubes!

Jingle Bell Medley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Zg7KEc0mI

I'll Be Home For Christmas Medley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkLJtVbECYk

Oh Holy Nght - This is just gorgeous!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxN8CAIHDk
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:04 pm

I love this M&G recap!

Quote :
And from tonight's CV stream, which elaborates more on tonights M&G:

Clayperfect talking--their passes have a picture of a little boy but Jerome said he would lose his job if he explained.
Jerome said the more Clay talked the faster he talked and the more he talked.
They were downstairs in a private screening room with a Christmas tree.
Could hear him coming. Never seen him so happy and jubilant. Just HAPPY.
Came down and introduced and plopped in chair. Gray sweatsuit, pants and sweatshirt with Nebraska in red.
He sat down and started talking about where people were from--is that Missoureee or Misourruh. Seemed really interested. I told him it makes a difference from where you're from (how you pronounce it).
He asked if anyone had questions.
One asked (joking) if they were going to have pictures taken and he said, Yeah, and she said, "dressed like that." He really laughed.
He did say that the ice skating was a fake--all for TV. He was nonstop chatter.
This tour is his absolute favorite. He loved the stories. It was a month before and someone suggested it. He doesn't care if it doesn't please everyone, said he does it to make himself happy, and he said he can't be something he wasn't.
Had Huber snowflake picture signed. A young woman woman (disabled) who lives in a group home brought a tshirt, and Clay said he really liked it. He gave her extra attention.
Lot of joking going on.
After everyone got everything signed, pictures.
She brought Moanica (little giraffe), and she asked if he would hold Moanica and he said he would.
He is not skinny, by far not fat, he is perfection.
It was wonderful.
flash didn't work (and she had her arms around him) [lucky bitch] and she had to do it again.
She'd never stood next to Clay like she did and he just towered over her. He's a lot lighter without makeup and WHAT a smile!
It was a blast. After everyone took their pictures, he said it was time to go and he shook hands with everyone--oh yes, he asked if anyone had submitted story, and she said she had and he asked what it was about and she told him and he said her story was going to be read.
He talked on and on. He asked how people liked the show and she said it was the most elegant classy show she had seen and he said that was what he was hoping for.
He was just joking and laughing, and so relaxed. She wasn't a bit nervous around him. it was really, really good. They were with him about 40 minutes. Jerome was in a good mood. The girls were happy. Everyone was just UP. Place is filling up good. The balcony is filling too. They said no cameras but everyone has cameras.
It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I got the chance. He's an amazing, amazing young man.

Clay is Happy!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:13 pm

http://www.timeatyourtable.com/Testimonials.html

Quote :
Chef Matt never ceases to surprise me. Where he comes up with all of his creative dishes, I will never know. In addition to everything being tasty, it is also good for you. If it weren't for Matt, I would probably be eating McDonald's every day. Now I find myself happily passing by the fast food joints that I love in order to get home to one of Chef Matt's home-cooked meals. On top of being wonderfully accomodating with his delicious menu options, Chef Matt is also courteous and impeccably clean while he is a guest in your kitchen. Even my obsessive compulsions are no setback for him. He works in, provides for and leaves my kitchen exactly the way I like it; and I am very picky!!

Clay Aiken - Raleigh/Durham

Maybe that is why he looks like THIS!!! Twisted Evil

Clay News! - Page 17 Body

BF looks awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm

From Ken Barnes today:

Another major beneficiary of the holiday season was Clay, at least for Merry Christmas With Love, which jumped from 3,000 to 5,000 this week and has sold 1.3 million. Otherwise, A Thousand Different Ways sold 300, up from 200, to total 520,000, and Measure of a Man sold 100 and is just a bit below 2.8 million total.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next