Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Clay News! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:00 am

Has he already been on QVC or when is it scheduled?
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:16 am

He's scheduled for today at 7:00 p.m EST. If you go to www.qvc.com you can see it advertised there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Lau! I was just coming here to remind people! 6:00 PM central time - which is MEEE!!!!!

You can already order the QVC special CD/DVD on line even though he hasn't been on the show yet. Lots of fans have ordered already. I hope they don't run out before he is on the show tonight! Razz

As always, I am nervous for him. I want him to sing real pretty and make lots of sales!! I want his hair to look good, because with him his hair is so hit and miss Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am

I hope I can get to see it..............I'll leave myself sticky notes!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:50 pm

That was a great 30 mins! I love all the songs, but what a shame they cut off the last song and went to commercial Mad The host makes a big deal out of how beautiful the song is and that it made her cry and then they don't let us hear it all! Shame on you QVC Evil or Very Mad They sold out all that they had and now people who are ordering are being put on "Wait List". SO that is cool. Plus the CD went up to number 3 on Amazon! It was number 1 the first day of pre-sale. I hope it does really well for him!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm

firecracker wrote:
That was a great 30 mins! I love all the songs, but what a shame they cut off the last song and went to commercial Mad The host makes a big deal out of how beautiful the song is and that it made her cry and then they don't let us hear it all! Shame on you QVC Evil or Very Mad They sold out all that they had and now people who are ordering are being put on "Wait List". SO that is cool. Plus the CD went up to number 3 on Amazon! It was number 1 the first day of pre-sale. I hope it does really well for him!

I'd have liked to listen to the whole song too. What day is it released on the public market? His voice is so beautiful!

I have to say though, I didn't like his hair....at all. He's still a cutie, and I hope he changes the hair cut. I actually like him with shorter hair and maybe a little bit darker.......
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:36 pm

I thought the entire 30 minutes was wonderful. I think he looked good and sounded great. The band he had backing him up was really good. There was the right mix of talk and singing. It was like seeing a special show on tv.

And I bought one! My first Clay music purchase. I think I am going to love this CD.

FC - there must be huge celebrations going on in Clayland tonight!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm

OMFG LAU!!!!!!!!!!! You bought one??!!! YAY! cheers That makes me so happy!!! You are so going to love the CD! His recordings are always gorgeous!! Sounds like a good mix of ballads and uptempo songs. I am so excited that you are getting it!!

I love the color of his hair. I would prefer layers and some falling on his forehead like in some of the CD promo pix, but he changes his hair a lot so it won't be like this for long. My mom didn't like the blond in pix but when she watched him tonight she really liked the color. But like me would prefer a little more layering. There are a few soap stars right now with that style so it must be "in". I don't really care for "flat" hair styles.

Sky, you will be able to buy the "regular" CD on May 6th. If you get it off of iTunes you get an extra song. If you buy it at Wal-Mart on-line there is a bonus track (but different from iTunes) and the same with K-Mart. You only get this extra CD/DVD at QVC.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Oh, I'll buy it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have all his others...... Smile
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Cool Sky! I didn't know you had all his others! I think I knew you had the Xmas CD. I didn't know you had MOAM and ATDW! AND YES! He does have a beautiful voice!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I liked Clay's hair tonight. I'm surprised he can wear it that way, but as long as he can, I say enjoy the look. Because you know it won't last! Smile These men and their hair...

Yes, FC, I bought the CD. I called in right after the first song. There was something different in Clay's voice tonight that really drew me in. I do think it was a classy presentation with that back up band and the entire way it was handled. I absolutely loved the whole thing.

I think I read somewhere that all 12,000 sold out tonight and they have waiting lists? True, yes??
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Yes true!!

He does have a voice that draws you in.

I cannot wait for you to get it and tell me what you think of all the songs!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:55 am

From the guitarist web site:

Wes Hutchinson

* Apr 28 2008 7:00P /EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on the QVC Show... This will be a live broadcast!!!

* May 7 2008 7:00A/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on the Good Morning America

* May 8 2008 11:00A/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on The View

* May 9 2008 7:00A/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on The Early Morning Show

* May 12 2008 11:30P/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on The Tonight Show Jay Leno

* May 13 2008 7:00P/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on the AOL Sessions Live

* May 19 2008 12:30A/EST
Playing guitar for Clay Aiken on The Craig Ferguson Show
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Billboard album review

On My Way Here
CLAY AIKEN
Producer(s): Kipper, Jaymes Foster
Genre: AC
Label: RCA

In the Broadway show that is Clay Aiken's public life, he is, of course, the leading man. His fourth full-length progresses just like the Original Cast Recording, with character development songs early ("On My Way Here"), beatific love songs in the middle ("Something About Us") and a dénouement of regret and lessons learned ("Lover All Alone"). Aiken, who debuted on the Great White Way this year in "Spamalot," sings like a theater veteran: almost too perfect, with a self-aware showmanship. But that doesn't make pop-rock nuggets like "Ashes" any less catchy, or the ballads-on which Aiken's breathy tenor could break housewife hearts-ring any less true. With big American melodies, stock AC production and general inoffensiveness throughout, this should satisfy his army of self-dubbed Claymates. -Kerri Mason
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:56 am

Interesting review. This is the big week !
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 9:19 am

Yes it is! CD on Tuesday and lots of appearances! I'm nervous about first week sales. CD sales are down so much compared to 5 years ago when MOAM came out. Even Madonna's new CD may not see 300,000 in first week sales. Oh well. What can you do?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:25 am

Clay's last performance in Spamalot was last night. The crowd at the stage door was so huge he got up on the roof to thank them all and say good-bye!

Here is a wonderful little video that is a must see! Made me tear up! What a moment for him! He holds up 6 fingers at the end for "The 6th of May" release date of the new CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz__u1BFbI4
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:45 am

AOL has the full CD to listen to today! I am listening now!

Enjoy!

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:58 am

firecracker wrote:
AOL has the full CD to listen to today! I am listening now!

Enjoy!

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

Wow, thanks for this listen to link!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:23 pm

You are welcome! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:48 am

Clay was interviewed this morning on the local Chicago station. You can watch it here:

Chicago Clay!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Pix of Clay at his CD signing in NYC. He looks SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=on%20my%20way%20here%20060508&version=us
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:18 pm

That was a very nice interview in Chicago. Thanks for posting it FC! Clay seemed very relaxed as he spoke. And yes, cute pics from the CD signing.

I'm going to watch him on GMA tomorrow. Diane Sawyer is always a good fangirl when Clay comes on.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Oh that is right GMA tomorrow! I will have to tell my mom to watch. She adores him! Maybe he will cheer her up!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:42 pm

OMG! Clay blogged at his Official Fan Club - where you usually have to belong to read his blogs - but made this blog public for all fans.

In it he explains a lot about what is going on that has fans upset. It is a long but informative blog. The last paragraph just makes me cry. I love this man. He is just such a good man.

http://www.clayonline.com/clay/member/clayaiken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 29 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next