Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:32 am

I can say I've had no real problems with MamaBetty, although I certainly don't doubt that Frazzle and others did.

When I was in NY for a family vacation in July 05, I went into the city to see a number of Bettys. She came in, (as did some others) and we got a (kinda yucky) hotel room and went out to eat and down to the Apocalypse in the Village. We had fun, although she WAS the "all-knowing, well-connected MB" of course.

The one who really gave me trouble that night was Maureen (NY Corporate Shill), but I didn't even find out about it until a few weeks later. And MB was the one who told me what she did.

When I knew I was going to NY this past Feb. to see Brel, I thought about calling MB to tell her, but I didn't. She had always asked me to call her the next time I came to NY. But I knew who I was going to be hanging out with and they didn't want her with them. After I was there, I got a voice mail from her asking why I didn't call her. Oops. (I did call her back, but didn't reach her.)

Last edited by on Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 7:00 am

Thanks for the insight Austin about MB. I actually have no business good or bad with MB but I was just curious cuz I had just 1 run-in in a post a long long time ago with Frazzle at the BBs and suddenly I read later they were no longer chummy chummy. Sorry Fraz for being a nozy mofu in my first time of posting here. Embarassed

And Aerwin, hope you're okay with your stitches (?) affraid I'd probably be too chicken to undergo what you underwent. *redundant*
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 1:09 pm

Aerwin, sounds like no fun at all! Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Aerwin, I'm so sorry! Mine wasn't nearly that bad! WOW! I can't take any hardline narcotics. I have a violent allergic reaction to codeine too. I probably just took Ibuprofen, which is about all I can take.

I've got a good MB story which I've shared before, but I'll restate here. Frazz will appreciate this:

I knew someone who was a big GB fan (from the GS boards) and she had this big ol' Greek Flag sign she used at one of the AI concerts. Before it came to L.A., she mailed it to me. Being the deluded-I-Still-Can't-Believe-How-Stupid-I-Was self, I chairsurfed up to the front to hold up the sign and he pointed and I squeed and I'm so embarrassed for myself.

ANYway, after the concert I went over to the big-ass PFTSOB trailer in the middle of the parking lot. Frazz was sitting in the trailer and I jumped out to give her hugs and talk for a bit. Then I gave her the sign and asked if she could get MB to get it signed by GB for me. She asked MB in front of me, to get it signed, and of course MB was all jovial about it and agreed. I never saw the sign again.

Flash-forward. I'm sitting with a certain ex-gf of GB and we were talking about MB and she told this story about how she was given this big paper Greek Flag, by MB, but before she gave it to her MB SIGNED IT. I sat there with my mouth hanging open.

When I posted about it, MB said she signed it and gave it to her nephew as something cute, which, how could ex-GF know about that sign if SHE GAVE IT TO HER NEPHEW.

She's a piece of work.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 4:53 pm

Why would anyone want something signed by MB? scratch

Totally rude to not get the sign signed by GB and back to you.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Green Eyez Is it possible that MB meant she gave it to the ex-gf's nephew? Because I know he was at the AI concert in LA. Although that is still no excuse because it wasn't her property and she would have had no right to do that.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:25 pm

lol!

The weirdest part was that GB, ex-girlfriend and nephew had alread fled in a car, nearly dumping GB out on the pavement before GE came aboard with the sign...so how it wound up with MB's autograph in ex-gf's hands is unknown.

But I love that story, that she signed it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 7:29 pm

Austin, NO. MB did not tell me the story. THE EX GF PERSONALLY told me that she gave the sign TO HER, FOR HER...like "I want you to have this. Here let me sign it." LIKE THAT.

Frazz! I totally forgot about that! She was SO embarrassed. Her friends teased her mercilessly about him.

FC, she had such an inflated sense of importance about herself that she really thought ex-gf (then current gf) would actually want her autograph. She truly believed she was kind of a celebrity. There were rumblings about her way before her ego TOTALLY EXPLODED all over the place.

If you held a gun to her head, I doubt she could tell the truth about anything.
Back to top Go down
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Oh thank you GE for sharing your story. Sheds some light on things that went on that the rest of us were not aware about.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 pm

MM, it's funny, because I wasn't a big part of the PFTSOB board and even I knew her ego was totally out of control. It's so sad, because she probably tells all those lies so people will like her.

Oh, I'm just re-reading Frazz's post and the fact that her nephew was there, so maybe in her own garbled way, she meant she gave it to ex-gf's nephew-but that was also a lie. Oh, and the autograph is just priceless.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:41 am

frazzle wrote:
lol!

The weirdest part was that GB, ex-girlfriend and nephew had alread fled in a car, nearly dumping GB out on the pavement before GE came aboard with the sign...so how it wound up with MB's autograph in ex-gf's hands is unknown.

But I love that story, that she signed it.

Neill told me about the almost dumping out part. He said that ex-gf was so anxious to get outta there she hit the gas before C was actually in the car.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 am

GE That is hysterical.
Back in my delusional days I actually flew to NJ to see the knitwit because I promised a friend I would. We were standing in line for hours and right when we were getting ready to go in MB burst into song and cut in front of me! I don't think so! I am a Ga . redneck so that ain't happening. She was beyond rude.
I cannot even believe now I wasted any time on him. UGH!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Aerwin like I said, we were all extremely deluded at the time. In reality everything we thought of him was exactly the opposite. After I came to my senses, I went back on Television Without Pity, where I had defended that piece of crap, and apologized publicly to the recapper who had him pegged from day one as a tool and a poser who wouldn't amount to anything.

No, that's not sad. What's sad is that there are still women who hold on to some sick twisted idea that he still is that guy we thought he was in the beginning.

Man, I would have liked to see you telling off MB! That must have been awesome. I hope she cowered away with her tail between her knees.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Green Eyez, I KNOW he's not that guy we thought he was 2 years ago. I've known that for a very long time. I have NO illusions about him. I know. However, I don't hate him. Maybe I should, but I just don't. I have seen some good in him, and I really enjoyed his work (and everyone else's) in Brel, and I enjoyed his performance in Dallas. He is definitely messed up in his personal life and is out of control at times. I'm hoping that the way he acted to those fans in Alabama recently means that he's trying a little bit harder. I can't help but still be interested, although I don't feel invested in it all anymore.

Oops - now we've infected this thread with him.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:42 pm

Austin, he's like a plague. He infects everything.

Usually I'm able to separate the performer from the personal life, but not always.

Like: Tom Cruise. He's totally nuts-out of his mind, but I'll still go see one of his movies. He's making "The Hardy Boys" with Ben Stiller, although how he's not pairing with the obvious choice: Owen Wilson, I'll never know - now it just seems like 2 Parker Stevensons (speaking of Parker - I went to a local movie theater and saw him there! Wow...he doesn't look...quite as good as he used to.) I've gotta see The Hardy Boys.

Now, let's take Michael Jackson: I used to love him, but now I can't look at him or listen to his music, even the old stuff when he was still talented. I truly believe he's molesting young children and the people around him sheltering him and still telling him he's a megastar, aren't helping.

Now, let's take our dear GB. I didn't fall in love with his "talent". It wasn't his singing that drew me in. It was the whole package. I bought it hook, line and sinker. I never thought he was a major talent. It was his mojo. It was, as it turned out, an illusion.

When I began to see that he didn't really have any mojo. That he kept doing the same shtick over and over. That he treated women like toilet paper. That he had no respect for himself or anyone else. That he had no substance. No sex appeal. He was just a no-talent guy trying desperately to look cool, but in the end was a cheesy poser. Like a $6 pair of Payless shoes trying to look like leather. He became nothing. I wanted to throw up because I had invested feelings into this man and attributes he did not possess. I realized that the mojo was manufactured and love turned to disgust and once that happens, unless some miracle happens, there's no turning back.

If he's trying to turn over a new leaf, well, I'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 pm

OK. no more GB here. He belongs only in Former Reality Contestants.

Onto more fun things. I am sitting here WRITING!!!

GE inspired me!

In fact...maybe GE will write this script WITH me.

Hmmmm. Phone call headed GE's way.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Sorry Frazz! I got my dander up!

:duly chastised:

It won't happen again.

Yay! Frazz and I are writing a script and it's going to be crazy-awesome!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:37 pm

If GE and Frazz write a script together I sure hope we get some snippets here to read!!! *falls to knees praying*
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 5:32 am

I can't wait to read that script!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 10:14 am

This may sound silly, but I am all mushy inside because my son brought home his cap and gown for graduation!! It is black (school colors are black and white) with black and white tassel with gold "07 haning down. My baby has really grown up Crying or Very sad He is spending the day today in downtown Chicago with his best friend at the school for art and drama and some other fun things. His best friend is an amazing artist and I was not surprised he got into that school. They will take the train home this evening. I remember how excited I used to get as a teen going downtown on the train!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:38 am

Oh I know how you feel FC My nephew graduates next week , I cried when I saw his pics in cap and gown. He was just a baby! I will be a wreck when my son graduates. As it is he is going away this summer to do Summer Shakespeare. Sad

OKay Curly haired Ladies what are you favorite best products for curly hair?!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:46 am

I've not a curly hair on my head........sorry I can't suggest any hair products. Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:11 am

Aerwin I wish I could help you. I have waves but not real curl, so I use a curling iron. My youngest who has a fro afro - I kid you not - will not use anything to lessen the curl. He likes it that way Rolling Eyes He has a teacher who calls him Napoleon Dynamite Razz I guess son likes the attention his hair gets him. Me? I would LOVE to cut it all off of him or relax it. I guess I should love it because it is such a big part of him, but I was never a fan of that kind of hair. I just adore the little shit though! He is just about the most interesting kid you'd ever want to meet!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:17 am

I have extremely curly hair. In that picture a few of you saw from NY, I had had my hair blown out. And it wouldn't do anything but just lie there lankily then. I was able to curl the front of it slightly by using Frankie's rag curlers.

I put a mild relaxer on it also a few months ago called One and Only (got it from Sally Beauty Supply after it was recommended on naturallycurly.com.)
If you don't know about naturallycurly.com, you should go there for all kinds of curly-haired advice.

I use many different products, but the best thing for my hair is just to avoid humidity. Hard to do in the summer. I always looked like a puffball in South Florida when my hair wasn't relaxed.

Right now, I've been missing my curls a little, so I've been using Recoil by A.G. It really puts the curl back in and helps define it. And I REALLY need to get a haircut and get some more layers put in.

I also use a lot of conditioner, don't wash my hair every time I shower, (just condition it), use a leave-in conditioner, put the products in while hair is still quite wet, don't vigorously towel dry your hair, and DON'T mess with your hair after it's dry.

Last edited by on Mon May 07, 2007 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:43 am

Austin, thanks for telling us about NaturallyCurly.com! I will check it out and see if there is any info I can pass on to son about what to do on humid days. He doesn't like what happens on humid days. His hair goes from little curls/ringlets to total frizz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: