Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 8:52 am

The site has been around for years. It was started in Austin by a couple of women who worked for the local paper. It's really grown and has tons of info now. They have info about the best salons to go to, products, and, of course, they have a bulletin board. Boy, are people obsessed with their hair! People post pictures - Do you like it better this way? Do you like it better that way?

I think they have a men's section now on the board too.
ETA: Ha! I just went to check out the men's section. It is very small and it's mostly some musician posting his pictures and the girls talking to him. It's kind of funny.

Also sometimes it will seem like they're speaking a different language. They have codes and shorthand for a lot of stuff. I can translate some of it if needed. I hardly ever go there, but have been there lately because I've been looking so awful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:32 am

Austin Thank you so much for telling us about that site. I love it. I was on there for a while yesterday.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:48 am

I'm glad I could help aerwin. What is your hair like?

I am getting mine cut tomorrow with a stylist I got from that site. The one that I REALLY want to go to is $140 for a haircut, (in AUSTIN for pete's sake!), so I won't be using him. The one I'm going to is $60 and that's plenty. My DH gets his hair cut for $12 (and for $7 if he has a coupon!) geek
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 12:19 pm

I am off to sunny warm Arizona tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks. Looking forward to the climate change and to see me son and his family! I'll try to stop in whenever I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:01 pm

Hope you have a great time!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:09 pm

I will, thank you! Or at least I'm going to try! It's a good break from the weather here in the Pacific Northwest!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:22 pm

I haven't been up there in a long time. Where are you?

We went to Seattle on our honeymoon before going up to BC. Then a couple years later we went back to Seattle and then went south thru Oregon and finally to the most northern part of California. It's really nice up there. Our good friends/ex-neighbors left here a couple years ago and moved to right outside Portland. I'd like to get up there in August, but it probably won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm just outside of Seattle. It is beautiful here, but sometimes our weather gets real depressing. I suppose you can say that for just about anywhere, but I would like to see the sun more often than we do here.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:35 pm

My hair is very specific. The best I can come up with from looking at the site is that mine is fine and VERY wavy, so I think that is a 2.7 A...naturally, given my way of never quite being the norm for anything, they do not discuss my hair type, exactly.

It officially mades "S" not "Z" but it goes frizzy straight if it gets flattened out by hair dryers or brushes.

It also takes about three hours to dry naturally, but that is the only thing that makes it look like these cool mermaid waves. I want to know how to make it be that way quicker. Haven't found it yet.

SO what are your blood types? Mine is AB positive.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:09 am

B+

Sky, have a wonderful trip!! I LOVE Arizona!! Not so much in the summer, but I have been there in April and early June. The weather was wonderful and it is just a beautiful state. Seeing your son makes it all the more exciting!

Wow, 3 hours for your hair to dry! My hair isn't thick so it dries much faster than that. I still blow dry it because I HAVE to curl it with a curling iron otherwise it just looks YUCKY Mad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:24 am

My hair is like Jordin's on AI. Like Minniie Driver's. It takes my hair hours to dry too. If I try to straighten it the first hint of humidity it curls back up. No way can I have short hair.. It will never work. That curly hair site gave me some ideas for new products to try.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 2:38 pm

B+

I'm glad aerwin. My hair is almost that curly too, but very fine and not very thick. I got it cut today and my new hairdresser, (to quote the kids) ROCKS. He's a musician, of course, (this being Austin), with gorgous black wavy hair, big old sideburns and boots.

He brought the curls back to my hair. He cut it wet, then he sat me under a dryer, then he had me STAND up in front of him and he cut the individual curls dry. My hair is all defined in the back; it looks pretty cool. The only problem is that this is a "transitional" haircut because he had to fix some stuff. So it's much shorter than I want my hair to be. Plus now that I'm wearing it curlier, that makes it much shorter naturally. He wants me to grow it out, but it will take a long time.

And he loves that A.G. ReCoil product that I used. His salon doesn't sell it yet, but he has some anyway and said it was perfect for my hair. I just hope I can replicate what he did. I'm not very good at that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 8:21 am

Okay, so now I'm not so happy with my hair. I've just realized HOW SHORT it is! It's a good cut, but it's short. And curly hair takes a very long time to grow out because of "shrinkage."

He said in order to get it in the proper shape he needed to do it.

One thing unusual is that my DH looked at me when he came home and said, "Did you perm your hair?" I said, "No, I cut it and let it go curly." He said, "It's cute. I like it. Usually I just like long hair (never told me this before), but it's nice."

My mom is flying towards Texas right now (from Florida). She'll be with us for 5 weeks. She can be fun and she knows all of my friends and our area really well because she usually comes here twice a year for 5 or 6 weeks. She wasn't able to come last fall, so it's actually been almost a year since she's been here. We saw her for a few days in San Diego in February. The kids are very excited. I should really be cleaning right now, but she knows I'm messy (messy is an understatement.)
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:11 am

Austin, that is so sweet that hubby said he likes your hair! I know how you feel about getting your hair cut too short. It happened to me once and I was so upset I never went to get a hair cut again. I do it myself.

I hope you and your mom have a great time together!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 11:59 pm

firecracker wrote:
B+

Sky, have a wonderful trip!! I LOVE Arizona!! Not so much in the summer, but I have been there in April and early June. The weather was wonderful and it is just a beautiful state. Seeing your son makes it all the more exciting

I love it here. Even though it was probably 103 degrees here today, it was not so bad. Seeing my son and my beautiful grandkids.....yes.....it is so worth it! We are here to watch the kids, so my son and wife can go to Italy!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 5:52 am

Have son and DIL take lots of notes about Italy and what all to do and where to eat! Luca is going to Italy later this year!! How wonderful for all of them! You will have a blast with the grandkids!! How old are they? Boys? Girls? Both?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 7:00 am

FC - They are going to be spending their time in northern Italy....Milan, Verona, Venice. I was shocked that they don't plan on seeing Rome....I mean they are there....why not? Oh well. They said they will go back and see Rome then.

The kids are one beautiful girl who is 8 and one very busy, beautiful boy who is 2 1/2.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 7:52 am

Aw, a boy and a girl! How perfect!! Great ages too. Yes, 2 and half is a busy age but oh so fun! I had a 2 year old girl in my daycare yesterday and she took adorable to a whole new level! Blonde Shirley Temple and just as charming! I wish I could keep her! 8 year olds are great fun because they can talk to you about so many things and enjoy so many activities. What a great time you will have!

Northern Italy - Venice! How amazing. I would LOVE to go there. I watched a special about it on The Travel Channel not that long ago. Yes, being Catholic I would have to hit Rome. The Vatican - such history and beauty. But, how wonderful that they plan to go again and see it!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:19 am

DIL is Catholic, so I'm surprised she isn't going to see the Vatican...unless she has been there before....she lived in Italy for a couple of years while going to school.

2 yr. olds are a lot of fun, their little minds are like a sponge! The eight year old is such a girlie girl. When at home I do day care three days a week for my 6 yr. old and 2 yr. old other grandsons! I am definitely busy!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 11:53 am

Sky, that is wonderful of you to watch your son's kids so they can go to Italy!

We will be saving Venice, Milan, and Verona for another trip... they are smart to focus on 2-3 places so they can really enjoy them. We are going to Rome, Tuscany, and Florence in the fall like FC mentioned.

It will be wonderful to hear what they say about their trip!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:01 pm

How lucky to go to Italy! Ha! I suggested they take the kids and I'd go along to watch them........that didn't work!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Nice try Sky!!!! I bet you get an awesome momento from Italy though!

What are you going to hint about? A venetian mask, Milano glass, leather, a scarf, or jewlery from Milano? Or if you love ceramics, or maybe a case of wine shipped back... Oh boy, makes me giddy just thinking about it!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 5:13 pm

A HOT Gondala guy!!??

What..
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 8:57 pm

I can't remember if I wrote this already, but I probably didn't. I'm going to Six Flags Fiesta San Antonio tomorrow - it's a theme park. I volunteered to be a chaperone for my son's band trip. (I didn't think I'd get picked.) We have to ride a bus for 2 hours (mine has 29 middle-school boys and 2 girls (?)). The bus will not be stopping for any bathroom breaks and we're not allowed to use the one on board. (I don't know if I'm developing an infection maybe, but I've been going all day today.) I'll hope for the best.

We have to be at the school at 7 am. And we don't get back until 8:30 pm. that is a LONG day for me. And I don't really like scary rides. I am not the perfect person for this expedition, but I'll try to make the best of it! I'm bringing a book and my mp3 player. : )
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:32 pm

Oh noz!! I hope you are not getting an infection. Cranberry juice is suppose to be good for bladder infections. I drink a tall glass every day. Don't feel bad. I would SO not be the perfect person for a long day like that. The 29 boys would be easy, the no potty would not! I hope it all works out for you and you have a good time. You're a good mom!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: