Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:49 am

I hadn't heard of Sidney Pollack's passing until I read here. He wasn't that old, was he? Like 60 some?

I loved his "Out of Africa" and of course "Tootsie." He made a lot of good films. Big loss.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:02 am

He was 73. I loved Tootsie too!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:28 am

We watched I'm Not There over the weekend. Very interesting movie. Six different actors portray Bob Dylan at different stages of his life. Including Cate Blanchett. She is incredible. After comparing the performances I feel she should have won best supporting this year although I love Tilda Swinton too.

It's funny I always thought BOb Dylan was just some old coot that could not sing. I LOVED the music in this movie.

Last edited by aerwin on Wed May 28, 2008 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:04 am

That sounds good, aerwin. I passed on that movie thinking I wouldn't like it but after reading what you wrote, I might enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:20 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Cate Blanchette keeps getting robbed of her Oscar. She should have won it for the first Elizabeth movie. I think she is amazing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Kate won an Oscar in 2005. Best actress in a supporting role for "The Aviator". I am sure her Lead Actress Oscar will be soon.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah, I do want her to win best actress. She really deserves it. She's definitely one of my favorites. I adore her naturalness.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:02 am

You should see her as Dylan. She is remarkable. My husband couldn't believe it was her.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:34 am

Well, you've certainly made it sound awesome. Now I'll have to see it!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:54 am

Is anyone else obessed with the Xfiles? I cannot wait for the movie. I loved that show.
Here is the offical site

http://xfiles.com/

CANNOT WAIT!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:09 am

My youngest son and I were obsessed with The X-Files when it was on! He even had the video game. I cannot wait for the movie either!

RIP Harvey Korman. There is your number 3 GE. He was from the Chicago area and much loved here. Everywhere I am sure. Such a funny guy!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm

I'm not obsessed with X Files, but I love David Duchovny and did see the first movie, so will be seeing the second.

Awwww...about Harvey Korman. I once was backstage at the Carol Burnett Show and got to watch it from there. (My dad was in business with Danny Thomas and he was on Tony Orlando & Dawn and I met Danny and Tony Orlando AND Dawn). I inherited this from my mom: she just ventured out into the studio and started opening doors. We caught Pat Boone's dressing room. Fortunately he was just tying his shoe!

That's how we wound up backstage. I LOVED the Carol Burnett show and Harvey in Blazing Saddles was stupendous. I hate losing the funny men! Sigh.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:26 pm

How cool for you! Sounds like you have had an interesting life! Were you a little girl when you were backstage at the CB show? You are pretty young right? 30s no?

The CB show was the best variety show ever! I miss those kinds of shows Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:53 pm

I was VERY young when I went backstage. My mom was the brazen one.

I remember spending weekends with my grandma and grandpa and knew it was bedtime when the show was over.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:02 am

GE - fun to read about your back stage experiences. I also loved the Carol Burnett show and Harvey K.

Finally got to the movies yesterday. I saw Sex and the City. It was really good. Well acted, well developed, and lots of fun. The fashions in the show have to be some of the best I've seen in a movie that was set in day's time period.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 am

Glad to hear it is a good movie! How fun you got to see it the first weekend it was out. I read it did really well. I wondered how it would be since a lot of times movies based on TV shows don't turn out well.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:31 pm

The Harvey Korman/TIm Conway Dentist Sketch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVTMngPqc8
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:43 pm

I used to love the way Harvey K.. and Tim Conway used to crack each other up. Best most classic Carol Burnett sketch ever was for Gone with the Wind. One of the funniest pieces of TV ever.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:01 am

There is anew show coming on NBC Thu. night Fear Itself , It is supposed to be an new story each week about zombies , werewolves, and vampires. I hope it is good.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:33 am

Oh, that sounds awesome! I heard the title and just thought it was another "Fear Factor" type show! I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 pm

I finally saw Ironman. Loved it! I like RD, Jr. anyway. I want to see the Indiana Jones movie also.

I haven't been to a theater to see a movie for about a year and was surprised about how much the tickets are now! The price here is what I paid for a movie ticket in a Beverly Hills theater a couple of years ago and I thought that was outrageous. The price there now must be a small fortune.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:04 am

OOH I'm glad you liked it. My sister saw it over the weekend and loved it. Movie tix are high . They are 7 bucks here and I live in a small town.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Robert Downey Jr. is going to be Sherlock Holmes in the new Sherlock movie!! cheers I am so happy for RDJ and all his current success! I loved all the Sherlock Holmes movies when I was a kid and I love RDJ so this should be great!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I guess this will be one hot weekend for the movies. I heard this morning that one of the major cinemas in NYC doesn't have a ticket for the new Batman movie until Tuesday - everything is sold out. Scalpers are out looking for $30 / ticket for this weekend for that show!

Also, Mama Mia is opening. That will be my pick for Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:41 pm

My 17 year old already has his ticket for the first showing tomorrow at 12:15. He and his friends are getting to the theater early so they can get good seats. I can't wait until he gets home to see what he thinks. He is not a huge Batman fan, but all his friends wanted him to come and he thought it might be fun. He is looking forward to seeing Heath as the Joker. He liked him a lot in other films he saw him in.

Mama Mia looks cute! Good cast too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next