Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Politics

Go down 
+7
Badger
Lau
firecracker
aerwin
Green Eyez
abrahammy
frazzle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:10 pm

OBAMA WON!
I am so happy and relieved.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 pm

FUCKIN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy! After watching 2 elections in 8 years where I was totally depressed on election day, it was so nice to vote and be all happy watching the results. I never doubted he would win. Not for a second.

Today when I voted I had a smile on my face that was so wide, I couldn't stand it. I said "you have a good day!" and went skipping out of there. Words cannot express how happy I am tonight. How I won't have to look at President Shmuck and his smirk and his dickishness in a very short time.

I am proud to be an American.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 am

One of the great days in our national history. This is one of the big ones. And the nation has come to its senses. But look what it took!

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/nation_finally_shitty_enough_to

This is just funny. Kinda. But kinda not.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 pm

That article is so DEAD-ON!

I have often wondered during the past 8 years why we had to endure Pres. Bush and now I know: to get President Obama. If things were just going kinda OK, McCain would be president-elect right now. Sarah "Hockey Mom" Palin would be VP. It did take the economy collapsing to get him into office.

Alas, we've taken steps forward, but prejudice is still alive and well and living in America. In every state where they had the anti-gay marriage prop, including Cali, it passed.

I am just amazed. California is supposed to be the progressive state. The one that consistently votes democrat. How could this sort of thing happen here?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 am

So.as the days go by and the new administration floats ideas for the people to get cast...boy is that cast looking increasing white and male.

I really believe Obama will only triumph if he goes for diversity.

Women (remember us?) got trashed along with Hillary and Palin, no matter how much we opposed both of them. We are just not important as a majority of voters once they get our vote.

Numbers do matter. Obama has never seemed to have women squashing as an important issue, but he sure is not showing any signs of women promoting so far. Like at all. Like even a little.

And black people? I have not seen ANY black people floated as people who might be in his cabinet or in any of his top posts.

Bill Richardson will be the one Latino.

I think a woman will be head of the EPA. Period.

Complete tokanism.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Politics - Page 19 Brucex18
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm

LOL!.

Obama sure has hit the ground running. I sure hope he can get done many of the things he wants to get done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Politics
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19