Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:28 pm

aerwin wrote:
. I love the aunts. I have always liked Swoosie Kurtz. Isn't the other aunt a broadway veteran too? I think she was in the musical about the man eating plant. The name totally escapes me.

Ellen Green. Very interesting actress. Yes she was in the man-eating plant thing, and many other plays.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:43 pm

"Little Shop of Horrors"!!

I love Swoozie too! I loved her in that TV show with Tony Randall. That was the first time I saw her. Than I watched Sisters because of her. She is so funny and talented and cute as a button!.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Little Shop Of horrors! That's it! I could not think of it for anything.
I am enjoying Moonlight as well. I love anything to do with vampires.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:23 pm

I've only gotten to see the first epi of Dirty Sexy, but LOVE it and Donald is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah!!!

I am really into "Life". Great show!

LOVE Pushing Daisies. Also only got to see the first episode of that, but was immediately hooked.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 pm

I still love Pushing Daises! It is my favorite new show. If you did not see last weeks Halloween one featuring my favorite character Olive treat yourself and watch it online.

I am really enjoying Moonlight. I thought last night was really good. I love Mick's geeky friend . I hope they feature him more in upcoming episodes. Of course it is totally chessy that Beth is batty over Mick but hey who wouldn't be?Next week should be good when we see his ex.

Also I love the new series on Animal Planet Orangtuan Island. I love primates!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 pm

I agree with you about Pushing Daisies! LOVE IT!! It was great last week!! Yes, Olive is the best part of the show for me! She is simply adorable and funny and perfect for the part!

Moonlight is fast becoming one of my very fave shows!! Mick is one of the hottest characters ever on TV in my book! I mean good lord he is gorgeous and sexy and perfect in the role!! I don't blame Beth at all!! I would be on him like white on rice!! The nerdy friend was Veronica Mars' boyfriend! I love him too! Just a super cool show!

Pushing Daisies
Moonlight
Samantha Who
Gossip Girl (my new guilty pleasure show)

Those are my only new "must see shows" this year. I am already over Dirty, Sexy, Money. It just does not really hold me. It is "take or leave" with me. I only watched Private Practice once. I just don't see a lot of great cast chemistry like is on Grey's.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:35 pm

You guys! I wish you'd started to watch "Life" from the beginning. It is a really awesome show. It even has Adam Arkin in it and I love him SO much.

Pushing Daisies is great. Jim Dale is the guy who reads all the Harry Potter books, so I get my fix of listening to him with PD!

Moonlight. GOOD GOD that man is hot!!!!! Wowza! I could stare into his eyes for days. The scene with him clutching the bag of blood and the "I'm a vampire". Yes! Like "I'm Batman".

Over on TwoP it's like Jared vs. Jensen with them arguing over who's hotter, him or his geeky friend. Are they BLIND?

I am NOT over Dirty Sexy Money. Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland together. Some dreams do come true!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:18 am

Green Eyez wrote:
I've only gotten to see the first epi of Dirty Sexy, but LOVE it and Donald is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah!!!

YAY!!! I don't know anybody else who is even remotely interested in Dirty Sexy Money, but it really is my favorite show of all time!!! The first season (and it has declined, ever since) of Grey's Anatomy (I can't even remember now if it is called Gray's or Grey's) had me hooked, but Dirty Sexy Money has me drooling with excitement!!

I only watched Life once, but thought it was pretty great.

I had high hopes for Pushing Daisies, but fell out somewhere along the way.

I have not seen Moonlight.

As you all have witnessed, I am not much prone to genuine squeeing, and, actually I would not call it squee, but Donald Sutherland? in his role in Dirty Sexy Money? i'd fuck him, blow him, be his slave in a second. Of course he would have to pay me some money, but so what.

I love Donald, Jill Clayburgh, Peter Krause, the actors who play Karen, Jermey, Juliet, Brian, Brian Jr., No fun Hwa, Patrick, Carmelita, the maid, the chauffeur...alllllll of them.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:04 am

Dirty Sexy gets better and better. I love how they've humanized the Darlings and keep you guessing about Sutherland. Only he could play that role with such subtlety and keep you guessing. I think this is what they were going for with that Geena Davis show, but I'm so glad it was canceled so he could get this and really be able to sink his teeth into the role.

The whole cast is amazing. It's so nice when everyone comes together and it's all just so right. They've managed to make you care about everyone, which with a big cast like this, is really something.

I think Donald is so mad-sexy. Wow. That smile. How does he tell so much with a smile? I am in awe of him constantly. You know how James Spader started walking away with all the emmy's for Boston Legal? I predicted that and now I'm predicting the same will happen with Donald.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 6:07 am

ARGGGH! I hope they settle that writer's strike SOOON!! I mean for God's sake give the writers what they want. They deserve a piece of the pie. I will seriously go into dt's. Heroes was AWESOME Mon, and now they strike. And no Lost, CSI , House! I will not be happy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:46 am

I know Aerwin!!! Mad

I am heartsick about this strike!! So many good shows and they all are stopping production. Fox is going to put on a ton of reality shows Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

GE, I cannot imagine anyone thinking that the nerdy sidekick is even in the same league as Mick!!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:55 am

FC, I KNOW! Do they have eyes?

I am sick over the strike too. I heard today that with DVD's, etc., the writers only get a portion of a penny, while the guy who does the liner notes gets 11cents. How screwed up is that?

As a writer I do take this very personally.

Hey guys, I hear this could drag on forever. There's also the SAG contract coming up very soon and it all hinges on what happens with the Writer's strike. They could be next. So, sit back and relax because it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:15 pm

Quote :
sit back and relax because it's going to be a bumpy ride.
NOOOOO! I am serious about going into dts over my teevee. Most reality shows suck. I want drama and comedy.

I heard the writers only wanted 8 cents vs. 4 cents for dvd sales. Give it to them!
God Lost fans may form a mob and go kick some ass if we don't get our promised episodes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 pm

The thing is I read that this strike can end up costing in the billions!! Why not just give the deserving writers their rightful due and not have the industry and so many people out so much money? It is crazy! I remember an expression "If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage!" So true! Where would the actors and producers be if it were not for the great writers out there?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:42 pm

I am serious . This is causing me great angst. I LOVE my tv. I heard a rumor that Bill Clinton may try to moderate some negotations. Did anyone else hear this? I hope it is true.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:00 pm

Yes, I heard it. It's on the ONTD site. Well, he is very friendly with a lot of Hollywood wibwigs!!

ETA: I just read that Fox has pulled 24 for the season. No 24 this season. So sad for fans of the show.

What really sucks is all the gorgeous guys we will be missing this season!!! MICK, Dean, Sam!!!!!! Ack!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 8:50 pm

The Writers took off their demand for 6 cents (not even 8 cents) per DVD to fight just the issue about "new media" (meaning online stuff for now).

The Producers and Studios said the writers (and will say the actors and directors in a few months) should get NOTHING. No percentage at all.

SO, yep, it will be looooong. Residuals are what keep anybody who is not a star afloat. The more online business there is (and it is increasing dramatically) with no rediduals, the more regular working actors, writers, and directors won't be able to stay in the business.

I think the only thing for viewers to do is rent movies...the actors and writers and directors won't get much, but the viewer might maintain sanity!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 pm

I also heard today that for a DVD, the writer of the movie gets less than a penny per DVD while the person who writes the LINER NOTES gets like 11 cents. Sad, huh?

The reason they don't just "give in" I'm sure, is because if you knew all you had to do was threaten to strike and all your demands would be met, well then you would know the secret word and just use it over and over to get what you want.

This does NOT mean I don't think the writer's should get a fair percentage of the new media. They've been screwed with every single media that's come along and it's about time that they were compensated. Frazz is right. Residuals are their life blood. They can go months without a job and that's the only thing keeping them afloat.

Aerwin, I feel for ya babe. No new Supernatural episodes is giving me a mad case of hives. If you need me, I'll be over here rocking in a corner mumbling to myself.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:03 am

I feel so bad for the new shows too. What will their fate be if the whole rest of the season is scratched? To just get going and think you are on your way - and then have it all come crashing down. I really want success for Moonlight, Pushing Daisies and Samantha Who. I really love those 3 new shows. And of course the thought of all my other faves not getting to finish out the season Crying or Very sad They said that they will only be able to air 8 episodes of Lost and the fans of that show have had to wait extra long as it is for it to even start up! They must be beside themselves.

I totally understand where the writers are coming from and I certainly feel they deserve what they are asking for, but all summer long I wait patiently for my shows to return, so excited about what the new season will bring - only to have it all go away so fast Evil or Very Mad Makes me really sad. Thank God for the internet! At least we can cry on each others shoulders.

I am not a fan of reality TV. I watch AI, Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. That's it. So the thought of all these new Reality Shows taking the place of MY shows makes me want to vomit!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:37 am

Can't the Governator fix it? He fixes other stuff.
WAAAAH!

You know I am woried for the new shows. I love PD and Moonlight , they've barely started.

Yeah it SUCKS For Lost fans we wait and wait and now we won't even get our full season.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:03 pm

I just read that Arnold is trying to get something done about it.

I also read that one of the new shows' set was closed down and then they were told not to come back and they are cancelled. The one with Dylan McDermot (sp) and Christopher Titus (sp) "Big Shots". I heard it was pretty bad. I just hope I don't read the same fate for Moonlight! I know Pushing Daises and Samatha Who? were already picked up for a full season. But of course now it looks like there will not be a full season of any show!! affraid
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:29 pm

Big Shots was on many TV journalists' lists as a show they expected to be canceled because it sucked, long before the strike happened.

TV studios are notorious for canceling shows and NOT EVEN TELLING THE PEOPLE WHO WORK ON IT! So if it was done rudely to Big Shots, that is par for the course.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 6:50 pm

Yes, I heard that Big Shots was really bad too, that is why I never watched it even though it had a really good cast. It was pretty universally panned. I've heard of people finding out their show was cancelled via shows like ET! It is terrible to treat a cast and crew that way.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:12 pm

GE, Arewin! Did you ladies watch Moonlight tonight??!! It was so good! I wonder where it will lead to!! Damn, I sure wish the writers strike would get worked out SOON!! This show is getting so damn good!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:34 pm

There are some shows where the actors showed up for work and were told to go home because their show didn't exist anymore.

I don't think I saw a good review of Big Shots. It's a shame, because when I saw the cast, I got very excited. Some good track records there. I watched one episode and then Criminal Intent came up against it and I had to decide. I chose CI. Didn't BS follow Grey's? You've gotta be pretty bad if you follow Grey's and can't get the audience.

Since the governator has been an "actor" (sorta) he at lest knows the business and may be of more help here than another politician who has never been a part of it. If he could pull this one out, he would definitely be a hero.

I did not get to see the latest episode of Moonlight. I had the feeling from previews he was going to make the reporter a vampire, so if that's what happened, I'll be really curious! My dv-r had been full and I did not get one of the episodes, so I have to go back and watch it and catch up. I'll be very interested to see the latest developments and pray that this, along with my other favorite new shows, do not get canceled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next