Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:31 am

Whoa! That show sounds most awesome. I love JJ Abrams.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Writers Guild Members Vote to End Strike

LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK -- The membership of the Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) today voted overwhelmingly in favor of lifting the restraining order and ending their 100-day strike that began on Nov. 5. 3,775 writers turned out in Los Angeles and New York to cast ballots or fax in proxies, with 92.5% voting in favor of ending the work stoppage.
“The strike is over. Our membership has voted, and writers can go back to work,” said Patric M. Verrone, president of the Writers Guild of America, West. “This was not a strike we wanted, but one we had to conduct in order to win jurisdiction and establish appropriate residuals for writing in new media and on the Internet. Those advances now give us a foothold in the digital age. Rather than being shut out of the future of content creation and delivery, writers will lead the way as TV migrates to the Internet and platforms for new media are developed.”
“The success of this strike is a significant achievement not only for ourselves but the entire creative community, now and in the future,” said Michael Winship, president of the Writers Guild of America, East. “The commitment and solidarity of our members made it happen and have been an inspiration not only to us but the entire organized labor movement. We will build on that energy and unity to make our two unions stronger than ever.”
WGAW and WGAE members will next vote to ratify the tentative three-year contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. The membership ratification vote will be conducted by mail and also at membership meetings on February 25, 2008.
The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) represent writers in the motion picture, broadcast, cable, and new media industries in both entertainment and news. For more information about the Writers Guild of America, West, please visit www.wga.org. For more information about the Writers Guild of America, East, please visit: www.wgaeast.org.
Source
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 am

HURRRAY!!!! I get my tv back.

I heard though that Heroes and Pushing Daisies won't return until the fall. Sad SUXXXX!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:48 am

That is true Crying or Very sad I cannot believe we have to go that long before more Pushing Daisies Evil or Very Mad That is one hell of a long wait between the last one we got to see and September!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:41 am

I'm just curious if anyone here knows about this. Were the writers due to go back to the late night shows last night (Wednesday)? I watched Leno's monologue last night and was very disappointed with it. If that's what the writers are bringing back to him, he ought to go back to doing it himself.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:54 am

Yeah, last night was a dud for Leno. I think he even made a joke about it. I don't know what was up with that.

I know Letterman had his writers back awhile ago. Some special deal - I have no idea how that worked. Hopefully things will get back into the grove on Leno because I so enjoy him!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:28 am

Letterman struck a deal with the writers, giving them what they wanted. So, he had a special contract with them. Tom Cruise did the same thing.

I heard about Leno's monologue. I'm sure they just have to work out the kinks and get back into the groove.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Victor Garber! Singing and dancing! To George Michael! OMG! Heaven!

Scott Bakula singing on Boston Legal was beautiful, but just didn't thrill me near as much.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I missed Victor Garber, but Scott B was good on Boston Legal. I do love that show.

Anyone watching The Apprentice? I think I have a crush on Lennox.

I literally laugh out loud every week watching this show. Good to see the Donald stuck on a decision this week.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:46 am

Is anyone still watching Eli Stone? I Still really enjoy it. I like the whole cast. His brother is adorable. Where have I seen him before?

Does anyone watch Lost? Oh man it has been beyond awesome this season. And a whole Sayid episode. I love Naveen.

Hey FC I think we are going to get 4 new episodes of Moonlight in April. I hope it comes back next year. I read they just fired teir showrunner though.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 am

I heard that Moonlight is one of the shows that is on the bubble Sad It just HAS to come back!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to April!!

I never seem to remember Eli Stone. I need to remember when it is on and catch it. I saw half of one episode and liked it. Maybe I will watch on-line.

I haven't watched Lost in years. Just stopped caring after season 2.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:00 pm

aerwin please scroll up and see previous page of me begging to talk to people about Eli.

I FINALLY got to see all the episodes of Moonlihgt. I was gone November and December and didn't want to watch new ones until I saw the old ones. Of course, I was also recording other shows, so it took me this long to get to a lot of shows. WOW. I am totally enjoying it and if it gets cancelled, I'll be so totally pissed That show really came together. The scene of the two of them in the shower was worth the price of admission.

When Eli Stone sticks to its quirky roots, it's great. Everyone over at TwoP is going crazy because the law stuff is totally wrong. Like almost everything. That's not why I watch the show. It's not why I watch Boston Legal either. These are fictional shows. They need to lighten up.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:13 am

Is anyone going to watch the show New Amsterdam on fox tonight? it sounds good. An Immortal NYPD detective.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:23 am

I might check it out. The Chicago Trib TV critic says it is a waste of time, but I seldom agree with the critics Razz
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:27 am

I thought I'd bring over some more reviews. What I find that if one critic hates a show or movie, I discount it. When every review I read says a tv show or movie is bad, I tend to believe them.

New York Times

The review actually isn't that bad.

Miami Herald

A very positive review.

So, since the reviews are obviously mixed, this might be worth watching. I'll at least catch tonight's episode.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm going to try it. EW gave it a B-. A lot of the critics did not like Moonlight but I gave it a chance and like it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:29 pm

To be fair, Moonlight was totally weak when it began, but I gave it a chance because I thought the lead was hot and the premise was intriguing.

I know many people who started watching Moonlight and gave up and never gave it a chance.

So, as long as I don't totally hate it, I will give it a chance beyond the first show.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:48 am

I kinda liked New Amsterdam. I'll give it another go. It looks like they kinda make it on the cheap though. I really liked the girl that was his partner. The premise is interesting . BTW I really loved Terminator and I hear it is on the bubble. I swear to God I feel like reality tv is taking over and I am not happy about that. I love really good scripted tv. But I do like Survivor and LOVE Top Chef. OTOH I am kinda bummed abot the amount od reality tv raiding the airwaves.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Does anyone else watch CSI? Or just me? I thought it was great last week but I was surprised Grissom had a dog. BTW William Peterson will be back next year . He just signed a contract for 600, 000 per episode. The highest paid actor on tv.
Does anyone know when House comes back?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:55 pm

I used to watch it. LOVE WP. But when Grey's was put on up against it (and I adore Grey's) I stopped watching. I do plan to watch summer reruns. I do watch reruns sometimes on USA or whatever channel it shows up on. I love Marge too. She is freaking awesome!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 pm

It's weird. With both the CSI and L&O franchises, I don't watch the original recipe ones, but their offshoots.

I did go to a taping of CSI at this really nice house (the husband of a lady I know was a medic on the show) and William and I locked eyes for a moment. It was nice.

I also flirted with two guys playing firemen. Both were HOT (they were playing firemen). One even walked me to my car and gave me his #. Nothing came of it. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Oh how fun GE! If I locked eyes with William I would have needed those firemen!! Too bad nothing came of it GE, but my guess is being in love with a firemen is a little scary due to the nature of their work.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Heee! They were PLAYING firemen! They were actors! I saw the episode and I think their part got cut. Too bad. They were hot.

Yes, locking eyes with William Petersen was thrilling.

Can I also say I am in LOVE with Eli Stone. This show is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

OH! JERICHO may be saved AGAIN!!! There may be a deal with Comcast like they did with Friday Night Lights. I can't believe it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Well, DUH! Of course they were actors Embarassed How did I misread that one? Laughing In that case you are probably still lucky he didn't call you because being in love with an actor can be pretty scary too Razz

I just read that the actor who plays the psychologist on Monk was found dead today. They believe it was a heart attack. So sad. I loved him on that show. What a shame Sad

Last edited by firecracker on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Awwww...that's so sad! My mom will be very unhappy. She loves the show.

Oh, I'm sure Frazz has a number of horror stories of getting involved with actors!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next