Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:29 am

Golden Globes sucked!! I am tired of my entertainment being held hostage by this writers strike. We didn't get to see any pretty dresses or eye candy. And of course my two fav actors in the universe win JD & Daniel Day and I don't even get to see it. Daniel day has only made 4 movies in ten years so who knows when we will see him again.MADD!!!!!!! also the networks are filling the scheldues with stoopid reality stuff. YOu cannot tell me they are making as much revenue .
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:17 am

Yes, I am sick of it too! GGs are my fave award show and last night's "news conference" of it was really sad. Also, I would have killed to see and hear JD give his acceptance speech! At least I got to see DDL get his Oscar for My Left Foot. My 16 year old is a HUGE fan of Gangs of New York and LOVED DDL in that movie! So he would be happy to see him win some awards.

But other than JD and DDL winning, the rest of the winners were a real disappointment for me. Burton and the Coens should have won. I was also disappointed about the TV winners. Most awards going to shows on premium cable channels I don't get. I so wanted Christina Applegate to win for Samantha Who? or America. I never even heard of the French Actress who won best actress in a Musical/Comedy movie confused I was really rooting for the gals from Hairspray and Juno. It was a real WTF Globes for me.

They best clear this issue up soon! Like before the Oscars! I hate that the new TV season was pretty over by the holidays! At least AI is starting up. That and the new dance show. At least that is something to watch.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:38 am

Oh I was glad Tina Fey won for 30 Rock. That show is hysterical! David Duchocvny is supposed to be funny on Californication,but I've not seen it.I used to love hom on The X- Files! I look forward to the movie.
I wanted the Coens or Tim Burton to win , but I've not seen The Diving Bell and The Butterfly so it is hard to judge, Besides I am biased when it comes to them.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Oh, I loved Tina Fey on SNL. I do not watch 30 Rock because I cannot stand Alec Baldwin as a person. I do not care if he is a good actor or not. He is clearly not a good father and that is more important to me. It is just for me Christina makes me laugh out loud while watching her show, and as much as I enjoy many shows, it is rare for me to laugh out loud while watching a sitcom.

I LOVED X-Files and still mourn the loss of that show Crying or Very sad I also love DD, but from what I have read about that show I do not think it is something I would watch. Just not my cuppa. I am happy for him though. I also really love his wife. Very talented and lovely woman!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 am

I like Alec Baldwin . I am sure I am in the minority , but I do.

I haven't watched Moonlight yet. I am saving it because I am having oral surgery Thu. and will be stuck inside for a few.

Speaking of X- Files we are watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles and I noticed David Nutter directed the first two episodes. He directed a ton of X-files. I do wish there was an X-files on tv now. I loved it.

Read This:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/business/media/14ratings.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

It makes me sick. Apparently the networks are not suffering much and are just going to load us down with more reality. I bet this strike changes tv for good. Sad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:15 am

Baldwin is not only insanely rude to his child but I have major issues with his political point of views. So yeah, I just don't ever watch him in anything. I don't watch Streisand either Razz

I am so sorry to hear that you have to have more oral surgery Crying or Very sad But I think Moonlight will be good medicine for you!! Twisted Evil

I wish there was an " X-Files" on too, but it would sure to hard to top the original!

The only reality shows I EVER watch are singing/dancing shows. So I have no idea what all I will be watching No This is very depressing and I think you are right. I don't think TV is going to ever be the same. Watch the reality shows be big hits and less and less "normal" shows be on. I honestly don't see the bigwigs changing their stand anytime soon. I hope I am wrong though. Nothing would make me happier than to see everyone get to have their jobs back!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 am

The politics of Baldwin and Streisand are pretty mainstream democratic. Baldwin (unlike Streisand) often phrases his views in extreme ways, but the politics themselves are garden variety democratic.

If I boycotted Republicans, on the list would be: Fred Thompson, Chuck Norris, Tom Selleck, Ann Coulter, Vince Vaughn, Britney Spears, Dr. Phil, Bill O'Reilly, anything put out by the studio founded by Nazi sympathizer Walt Disney, Alex Trebeck. James Caan, Gary Sinese, Paul Sorvino, Kurt Russell, Joe Pecsi, Naomi Judd, Angie Harmon, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Franz, Robert Davi, Robert Duvall, Mel Gibson (whose anti Semitic and sexist rant was way up there with Baldwin's phone call in my book) and more.

Clearly some of them I wouldn't watch (O'Reilly, Coulter) because of the way they express their politics, but aside from that, I have no problem enjoying the rest of the list when the work is good.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 am

I could care less what any celeb's politic's are. I certainly will not take any advice from any of them . I make my own decision. The thing that annoys me about Streisand is she THINKS people care what she has to say. I most certainly do not.

The celebriity that annoys the hell out of me is Tom Cruise. Because I think he is a delusional blow hard.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:56 am

Me too...if I am inclined to boycott anybody because of their views, it is Tom Cruise.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:05 am

Well, Streisand told a paying fan to get fucked during her show when he moaned at her Bush bashing. Honestly, if I pay hundreds of $$$ (and her shows always cost hundreds Rolling Eyes ) I don't want to hear the performer's political views and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be told to fuck off. Very unprofessional IMO.

I cannot stand Ann Coulter!!!!!!!!!!!! The woman is a nut-job. Or Bill O'Reily, I think he is missing a few screws. Britney is a Republican??????????? Are you for real?? Certainly not a conservative Republican Razz . I guess my issue is Baldwin is so extreme he almost seems unamerican. But really it was his treatment of his daughter that really did it for me. How cruel. Streisand was all "I'LL leave the country if a Republican wins!" So go already Razz No really, it was when she kept saying how all Republicans are greedy and then wanted $500 and more a pop for her concert tix and wouldn't do charity shows without getting paid. Ask Rosie. She had plenty to say about that and she loves Babs. So, hypocrite much?

So yes, I do let some people's behavior effect if I want to watch them or give them any of my money. I used to buy everything Michael Jackson put out (even saw him in concert and he WAS amazing) but since I have a feeling he may be a child molester I don't buy his CDs anymore. I guess I cannot always separate the person from the art. Most of the time I don't care, it is only the truly OTT top ones that get to me. The ones who are so insulting to a large part of the population and act like they are so much better then us.

Cruise? I am not sure about him. He is a strange one Laughing He may be a good person though, I don't know enough about him except he acted a little wacky for awhile there. I think most of the time he seems amazing toward his fans. I do hope he is good to Katie because she is such a sweetie! And his kid is just adorable!!

Why yes, I can be very opinionated can't I??! Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Katie holmes has to be brainwashed,there is no other explanation. Tom Cruise is an upper level Thetan in the Scientology church. Therefore he believes that he is a God himself.
Here is just part of an interview.

Quote :
"We are the authorities on getting people off drugs, we are the authorities on the mind, we are the authorities on improving conditions... we can rehabilitate criminals.

"Traveling the world and meeting the people that I’ve met, talking with these leaders in various fields, they want help and they are depending on people who know and who can be effective and do it and that’s us. That is our responsibility to do that.

That "religion " also shuns homosexuals and believes women are second class citizens. They have no qualms about taking tons of your money and having you basically sign your life over. He is batshit. When he made that statement dismissing PPD I could have rattled him . Just how many kids has he had or ever will have?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Wow !! That is really something Shocked I don't follow his career or him at all. I have only seen a few of his movies. I never got why he was "like the biggest movie star in the world" or why Rosie loved him so. I have seen him at events were he is so gracious with his fans and spends a lot of time with them, which I think is really nice. I know he has said a few crazy things. John Travolta also seems like a very sweet man. I do not know all that much about Scientology. Sounds pretty strange. I don't know if Katie has been brainwashed. Tom was her childhood celebrity crush and she dreamed of marrying him. I think it is possible she truly loves him. It is unfortunate that their beliefs are anti-gay. I wouldn't think this would be a popular sentiment in Hollywood, and yet there are many stars that are Scientologists. I would think others would not be pleased about that. I am surprised that several strong women in Hollywood would be a part of a religion that considers them second class. The ones I know of that are seem extremely strong, outspoken, independent, and driven.

Next year's season may be messed up too Crying or Very sad

Quote :
Four major studios have canceled dozens of writers' contracts in a possible concession that the current television season cannot be saved, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

The move means the 2-month old writers strike may also endanger next season's new shows, the Times said.

January is usually the beginning of pilot season, when networks order new scripted shows. But the strike leaves networks without a pool of comedy and drama scripts from which to choose.

20th Century Fox Television, CBS Paramount Network Television, NBC Universal and Warner Bros. Television told the Times they have terminated development and production agreements.
Studios typically pay $500,000 to $2 million a year per writer for them and their staffs to develop new show concepts.

"I didn't see it coming," Barbara Hall, a writer and producer whose credits include former CBS series "Joan of Arcadia" and "Judging Amy," told the Times, which said ABC executives gave her the news Friday. "I am not entirely sure what their strategy is, all I know was that I was a casualty of it."

The newspaper said more than 65 deals with writers have been eliminated since Friday.

Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:05 pm

Watch This:

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientology-tried-to-suppress

I'll get off my soap box I swear.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm

Shocked Shocked affraid affraid
geek geek geek scratch scratch scratch confused confused confused

lol! lol! lol!

That was the craziest thing I have ever seen! I almost feel sorry for him. That is so freaking embarrassing. If I didn't know better I would swear he was high as a kite!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:57 pm

I just read on ONTD that the writers plan to picket The Grammys (not sure why, I mean does somebody actually write that crappy banter Razz ) in hopes that they can do to the Grammys what they did to The Globes Crying or Very sad That would be a shame. The Grammys can be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Well yes, highly paid writers write that crap. ANd i do agree it is crap.

BUT, the writers are really not looking to do to them what they did to the globes, the writers are trying to get a contract that pays them for the shows we watch for free on the web, that are funded by advertising we have to watch.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh, I know they are looking to get their contract (and I hope they do soon) I just mean if they know they can get the show shut down it will help their cause. I would think at some point the networks would be tired of losing these award shows that bring in good ad $$.

I knew writers really wrote the banter, but for the most part it is awful and awkward for the celebs. The jokes almost always bomb. Not sure why. I almost think ad-libbing would be better. Almost Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:54 am

I read yesterday that the SAG awards will go on. With red carpet and everything! YAY! Maybe I will get to see JD and Daniel Day.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:03 am

That is nice that they are not going to picket the SAGs because the actors have been very supportive of the writers situation!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 pm

On the list of people exhibiting bizarre behavior, Alec's phone call to his kid can be considered minor. When I first heard it, I was steaming mad, but when I realized that Kim (whom I love) probably leaked it and that it was a PRIVATE phone call and he was just pushed to the limit, then I understand some more. I agree with Frazz that his politics, along with Clooney and Babs are garden-variety democrat.

Vince Vaughn, Kurt Russell and Gary Sinise? Republicans? Sigh. Still, like Frazz says, I'll still watch their movies and TV shows. You can also heap Bruce Willis onto that pile.

I also agree with Frazz about Tom Cruise. His "religion" is a legitimized cult. By "legitimized" I mean that stars who are a part of the "religion" have thrown stacks of money at it. That's a damn shame.

I am glad that at least one awards show will be shown. I'm sure it'll get a good turnout due to the more prominent ones being canceled.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm

THose three guys are probably Libertarians rather than regular Republicans Ya know, wild west individualism rather than screw the workers.

But who knows.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 am

That video with Tom C made me sick. And its sad for me to think of John Travolta being a part of this "religion" too. I've never been a real fan of TC; I always wondered how he made it as big as he did. His ego seems so large and it really comes across in that vid.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:29 pm

It makes me sad too abut JT because he seems like the sweetest guy on the planet.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:38 pm

I actually like JT . I think Tom Cruise is brainwashed in addition to being delusional. But I am sure he has thrown so much money at that church they reinforce what he thinks of himself.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Travolta doesn't try to convince the entire universe that he knows all and that anybody who thinks otherwise is just plain wrong.

Plus Travolta has turned out to be a very fun and ambitious actor, from pulp Fiction to Primary Colors to Hairspray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next