Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Did you watch last night's episode? YUCK! Too gory and once again an ending that was not to my liking. In a way good, but mostly bad. I so wish it were not so gruesome! pale I felt physical pain while watching. That tends to happen to me. I feel their pain. I think they call it empathy pains or something like that.

I will continue to torture myself and watch it again because the next one appears to be about vampires, and lord knows I can't "not" watch vampires! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Well, I heard they were amping up the gore with last night's episode (which I haven't watched and I"m not near my dv-r for the next ten days). Again, I'd rather it shock me and give me a visceral reaction than bore me or be predictable. We'll see how I feel.

I didn't know about your love of vampire stuff. Interesting...you seem like such a nice lady...heh.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:42 pm

You think I am nice? Laughing Razz

Luca and Aerwin love vamps too!

I never missed an episode of Buffy, Angel, or Moonlight!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Well, you know, you're a mama and you take care of your cubs, so nice like that.

I know you have an evil side and it's that's why I like you.

Moonlight. Sniff.

Well, Luca and Aerwin have good taste then.

The only thing that will make me feel OK is that in place of Moonlight will be a show called "11th Hour" with...Rufus Sewell...rrrawr.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Yes, tears for the loss of Moonlight Crying or Very sad Also, I am just flat out pissed Mad

You must be thinking about my evil twin! Twisted Evil She sneaks on here and posts sometimes. She gets me in all kinds of trouble Evil or Very Mad

I will have to check into this "11th Hour" and this new hottie of which you speak! bounce
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:46 pm

Rufus isn't new, but he's still hot.

He was in "Knights Tale" and the original Elizabeth. He's usually in period movies. I believe he was in "The Holiday" playing the cad Kate Winslet is in love with. He usually plays the cad.

Hmmm...blaming it on the "evil twin" again, are we?

Rufus baby:

TV shows - Page 18 Rufussewellox5

TV shows - Page 18 Rufussewell2ul8
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Whoa, hot indeed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:01 pm

AND English! I'm a sucker for an English accent.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:22 am

Oh, me too! I was soooo disappointed when I found out Spike's accent was "acting" when I saw him interviewed and speaking without it.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:37 am

Rufus is very very hot looking. Love those period pieces and the costuming really looks good on him.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:44 pm

He is very very hot and just wait till you hear him speak. I think he had to lose the accent, but his voice is an aphrodisiac nontheless.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 am

Sounds great GE. I just hope he has a bit of the accent left. That English accent does me in every time.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 pm

OMG I LOVE Rufus Sewell. I cannot wait for the Eleventh Hour. We watched The BBC version with Patrick Stewart and if it is as good as that it is a winner.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Oh! I didn't realize there was a BBC version. Interesting! So they already have a kind of roadmap. It's been hit and miss with stuff brought here from England. Over there they can get more racey and provocative.

The Office is obviously a shining example of one that has succeeded very well.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:51 am

I finally found a tv show that I'm excited about - it's been a really long time. I watched part of the "Mad Men" marathon that was on yesterday. I got to see the last four episodes of the series. Within the first 15 minutes, I was totally hooked.

I thought there had been some discussion on this thread about this show; I paged back a bit but cannot find it. The new season starts next Sunday night. Finally, a good show to watch on Sunday evening, even during the summer.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:34 am

I've heard a lot of great things about the show! Lots of emmy noms. too. I will have to remember to catch it. In the summer I don't even put the TV on on Sundays No That's how bad it is IMO Razz I tried to get into Army Wives on Sunday nights, but I just can't really get into it.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:00 am

we started watching Mad Men yesterday . I got it from netflix. OMG it is GOOD!! I am hooked. All the men are misgynostic pigs and I want to slap them upside the head. But Sheesh this is a show you cannot look away from. The clothes , the furniture, the cars are all unreal pretty. It takes place in 1962 so I guess people were different then. That one actress January Jones is terrific and her clothes. Yikes ! I love it.

On Sundays I also love In Plain sight. It is great.
Does anyone watch Burn Notice? It is ton of fun. Spies, and BRUCE CAMPBELL!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 pm

I have only heard people totally gush about Mad Men and that it's the best TV series ever. I don't know why I've never been compelled to watch it.

I started watching a show called Flashpoint. Saw one episode and it was very good. Enrico Colantini (Just Shoot Me) is in it and I really like him. I've also recorded "The Cleaner" with Benjamin Bratt, but have not watched it yet.

Again, I hear good things about Burn Notice and intended to watch it, but just never did. It's weird how I decide to watch some things and others not. I do love how they used "Everybody Wants You" by Billy Squier as the promo song.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Benjamin Bratt's new show is on already? Shocked I thought it was a fall show? Damn! I wanted to see that! The promos look good! (as does he Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:41 pm

You're two episodes in on "The Cleaner". Maybe check out the A&E site and see if you can watch them online.

Benjamin does look awfully good and probably about 80% of why I recorded the show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks! I will check the schedule and see when it shows in my area.

ETA: It says it premiered last Tuesday, so I think I only missed one episode right? I can watch it tomorrow night - that should be the second episode. You can watch full episodes at the site so I will probably do that soon!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 am

Estelle Getty has passed away Sad She was 84. I loved her in Golden Girls. Such a funny and charming lady.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 am

RIP Estelle Getty. I agree that she was wonderful in Golden Girls. That was a great show with a superb cast.

Last edited by Janice on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 am

I hear she had like bad dementia or alzheimers or something. Her mind went some time ago. It's a shame.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Yes, that is true. The other Golden Girls said Estelle didn't even know who they were anymore. So very sad for all of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next