Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reality shows that do not get their own thread

Go down 
+2
aerwin
frazzle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Anybody else watching Nashville Star?

I am so bummed that Ashlee was eliminated last night Crying or Very sad I just loved her. She and Melissa are my picks. I don't care about anybody else left. Who is voting for Coffey? He is nice - but a star? No Shawn? She looks too much like Monica Lewinski for me affraid Oh well. Just felt liking being all whiny about my girl Ashlee Razz I sure hope somebody signs her. Like Jewel said, she is the one that seemed most like a real artist.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm watching it. I think Melissa's the best out of who's left, but really no one has wowed me at all this year.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:40 pm

Yeah, Melissa and Ashlee have been my faves all along. Of the people left I think only Melissa stands a chance at a real career and considering the track record for this show even that is iffy. I do think maybe Ashlee could be this year's Miranda Lambert.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 pm

Congrats Melissa! cheers Well deserved!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:15 pm

YAY for the fat middle-aged looking woman! I know it is very un-PC for me to say that, but man it makes me happy when the one in the general category of me wins (even if I could be her mother...in Hollywood she would go up for the same parts as me, regardless.

I am assuming she won..haven't seen it yet.

OK, saw it, the win: YAY!!!!!

The one thing that makes me kind of like country music is that women are much more represented (and powerful!) in that biz.

Some of the lyrics make me wanna puke outright, but at least it is women who do not necessarily look like young hotties singing it. In all forms of entertainment, I like to see women who represent something I can at least imaginatively identify with.

I do love the Dixie Chicks.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:34 am

And a lot of the songs women are singing now in country are about "women empowerment" or women taking back their lives! I have no real fondness for any male country stars, but there are several female stars I truly enjoy. I am really loving Miranda Lambert - she came in 3rd in the first season of Nashville Star and her career has really taken off!

So happy for Melissa and I also LOVE that the heavy 32 year old won! Mother of 5 boys! She has a fantastic voice! I happened to think she is just as beautiful as a lot of the young blonde hotties out there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality shows that do not get their own thread   Reality shows that do not get their own thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reality shows that do not get their own thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2