Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 am

Those two are cool! Kind of hard to pronounce though! Laughing

Hubby fixed the fan and no more heat problem...hope it stays that way!
So do you guys have to take short showers to make sure you have enough hot water for everyone? Shocked

It would be cool to select a name that helps me further define the character...eeek, this is fun!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:20 am

I'm glad your hubby could fix your furnace! Now, could you send him here to clean out our chimney? Razz

I have been looking up names in mythology. Then end up being mostly Greek. Lots of common ones too. I look up Korean names just for fun (since she is coming from Korea) but they sure don't work. There are lots of really pretty European names, but the meaning usually doesn't fit the character. Maybe I should Google "sexy evil elf witch" and see if anything shows up Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:30 am

I Goggled Evil Names Shocked

I like this one and it's meaning!

Aglaeca= Means both Demon and Friend. Warrior and Hero. It's Olde English and also means "Fierce Combatant"

Lilith = Demon of the night who refused to submit to her husband Shocked No wonder the writers picked that name for Frasier's wife Razz (I actually think it is a pretty name though)

This one is cool and easy to say with a neat meaning!

Usha = Demon princess, daughter of Heaven, sister of the night, dawn.

Kieranlittle dark one

Melanthadark flower
Nyxnight
Rhiannonwitch
Khalidaimmortal

This is too funny! Check this out!
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060714025845AARk3MN

Someone mentions Cordelia. I like that name too.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 am

Whoreonious and Chalmydia? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok, now we are getting closer!
My favs of this batch are:
Lilith
Usha
Khalida

Love the meaning of the first one, Aglacae, but would not have a clue how to pronounce it!

You must check this photoshoot out!:
http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193467
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:27 am

I love those 3 too!

[edit] Old English

[edit] Etymology

From āglāc.

[edit] Pronunciation

IPA: /ˈɑ:glæ:kɑ/

[edit] Noun

āglǣca m.

1. (poetic) one who inspires awe; wretch, monster
  2. (poetic) combatant, warrior

That is a beautiful shoot! Gorgeous lady and the pic of the back of her dress is stunning! Love the horse too. She did have a perfect setting with the little bridge in her backyard! I love the painted nails on the doll also. I suppose she is one of the larger dolls?

There is a list of 23 female witch/enchantress names here!
http://www.20000-names.com/witch_names_enchantress_names.htm

More names:

MaurelleFrenchdark and elfin
FaerydaeDolls - Page 37 1x1 dark child a gift from the fairies

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Ok I love some of those too!

My top picks from that batch:
Mohan (Really like this for Soho!)
Aubrey
Mave or maeva

This is going to be tough narrowing it down! So far Mohan and Lilith are sticking in my head the most.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Do you mean Mohana? Because Mohan is the male version of the name. I think that is my fave of that group of 3. I also love Lilith. Aubrey is really pretty, seems more current to me though. There was a character on Dawson's Creek named Aubrey - very hip girl!

I don't know what happened to that post up there scratch I did a copy and paste all about the name and how to pronounce and it looked fine. Now I come back and it is all messed up??? WTF
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:18 pm

I thought Mohan meant bewitching...so thought that was a girl name! Laughing
It does'nt bother me to use a male name for a girl anyway though!

Hey, have you ever bought anything from "bbtoyshk" on Ebay? A friend of mine just bought a Prunella there and is asking me if they are good to deal with...thought you might know.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:34 pm

That ebayer is not one I recognize. Hopefully she got a fair price and it all goes well for it. Prunella is a great choice! Still love her and would love to have her, but I gotta stick with ALa as my next Pullip.

Mohana does mean bewitching! Mohan is just the male version of the name. So if you name her Mohana her name WILL mean bewitching! Seems perfect for her, and it is a really pretty name to say. However, will we me calling her Mo for short?? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Yes,!!!!!! Mo for short is really cute! That is what my horse Milagro's nickname is too!

I think I should keep that Mohana as a top choice and lilith an maybe one other as backups. As you know, you only know for sure the name is a good fit when you see the doll in real life without the armour and stuff!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Aw, that is cute! She could have the same nick as your beautiful baby!! I love both of those names! Mohana (Mo) may fit her personal and storyline better. Lilith is a beautiful name. Fits a fairy perfect! But if your Elf Witch has a dark side then I think Mohana is the better choice. Just the way I see it. For me once I decide a name it works for the doll. I usually name them before I get them and never changed my mind once I got them. They do not really speak to me like they do Didi! I must not be imaginative enough or something Razz Or I don't give them enough power over me! Except that I do let them talk me into buying them tons of clothes! Wink

I am thinking of trying to hit some stores, when I can get a day out to myself, and look for something that looks like a crystal ball for Isis and Rhian. Also, I may get them dragons to ride on. What do you think? Are they dragon girls or unicorn girls?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:31 pm

They are unicorn girls...I know they have some at target if you look on the website. I am going there now to get a few things and see if they have a Luisitano Our Generation horse for Mohana.... Very Happy

I better get dressed and get going!

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:48 pm

YAY! Mohana wins!! Good choice! Have fun at Target looking for Mo's horse! I think you are right and they are Unicorn girls! I will try to get to Target this week and look for some. Thanks for your help with that decision!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:13 pm

I am thinking about getting this for my sisters. What do you think? It is on ebay express for just under $20 shipped.

Dolls - Page 37 Unicorn2

Here is one on evilbay that I would love to get, but it would be $50 shipped and that is too much. It is hand made one of a kind. Made with rabbit fur and goat hair! Which I can't decide if I think is cool or gross Shocked

Dolls - Page 37 Unicorn

I am also thinking of getting this Swarvoski crystal ball for them. You know how I love Swarvoski crystals Twisted Evil

Dolls - Page 37 Crystalball

ETA: I bought the crystal Twisted Evil The seller only had 1 and it was $5.99 with free shipping. I just couldn't pass it up!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:32 pm

Dolls - Page 37 Unicorn2
OMFG that is cool! How big is it???? The crystal is a perfect crystal ball too!
Congrats on the super shopping!

I got the Mardi Gras outfit I ordered for Val today! It is absolutely the most fab outfit evah!!!!! It even came with red fishnets!!!! So beautifully made and so detailed! I will take a photo of it tomorrow to show you.I had started talking to a seamstress on DOA about making me some stuff and she got right back to me, and I agreed on her prices on two items and asked her what she could do for a certain amount on a third. Have'nt heard back from her so I decided to buy this for Mo...(not 100% sure of that name after all, I am kind of going back and forth on it for some reason... Embarassed)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220199050447
I had to get this for Soho after seeing the quality of this lady's work...cape, dress, and I am asking if she will make me a pair of short britches to go with it too...

I am kind of sad my story has not taken off more at Resinality, I posted chapter 1 on DOA too. Even it it does'nt get accepted, I am going to deep doing it for me and you. It is too much fun! Got to go make dinner!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 pm

OMG LUCA!! That has to be the most gorgeous outfit ever!! My god she is going to be your most spectacular doll!! I would love to have something like that for Rhian to wear! But holy smokes that's some big money Shocked Worth it I know, but I will have to stop getting dolls for presents so I can have people buy me clothes like that for them! I would so take my sisters out of their stock for outfits like that! SohoMo is so going RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see Val in his new costume!! Sounds amazing! Red fishnets!! Shocked Twisted Evil

Well, Mo is probably not a great nickname for such an amazing creature No Maybe nick her Hana? That is pretty. Or go over the names again. I love Mohana and what it means. It is not a long name so it doesn't really need a nick, but even so - Hana is lovely.

I am glad you like the Pegasus! She has 3 of them - each a different pose. It is 7 inches tall. My sisters are 12 inches with their headpieces on and 11.5 without. Do you think that will be tall enough? Or should I look for something taller? There really are not a lot of nice ones on-line. Most are either toys like My Little Pony Unicorns or figurines. I want something really pretty and special.

I have Rhian holding a Swarovski AB crystal right now and it looks gorgeous! But the one I have now is only 12MM. The one I just bought is 30MM. The ABs are really clear but catch the light amazingly like diamonds. That is why I love them so much! That pic was taken under lights to show how much color they reflect. It should be perfect. I actually found a site on-line that sells gorgeous crystal balls with stands of all sizes and colors. Just the ones I would love to have were a bit too costly for me at this time. They actually had one with a gold stand with a Hestia butterfly on the sides! How perfect would that have been!! Maybe some day I'll get them that.

I am sorry too that you have not gotten more responses on your story Crying or Very sad It is exciting, interesting and beautiful. I don't mean to be rude (tmSC) but some of the stuff I read there is pretty bad. Yes, there are some deep, poetic types, and some with incredible dolls and pix, but one that has a ton of responses is a comedy by a British guy (maybe I don't get their humor as I struggle understanding Monty Python) that I found so well, silly. Dolls laying around on the floor like a little kid would do with action figures. So I really don't get why you are not getting more responses. Your dolls are gorgeous. So are your costumes and photos, and it is a damn good story! I hope you continue to do it for a long time - for your enjoyment and mine!! They are a few others there that will be grateful too. Do not take the lack of responses as a negative reaction of your work, but as a lack of sophistication on the part of the readers! Twisted Evil Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks! After seeing the quality of that gals workmanship for Val's outfit...which I guarantee is going to knock your socks off...I had to have it! I thought the jewel tone colors of the cloak, the top and skirt would really accent the beauty of Mohana ( ok I am coming to accept it now...I love Hana too, so either Mohana or hana it is I think! I think SohoMo is hysterical! That is going to be our true nick name for her!!!! Twisted Evil

I know it is a ton of money to spend...but you are so right that the clothes, eyes, and wigs elevate the dolls to something absolutely fantastic. The outfit that Val has on now makes him stand up next to 1,000 dolls and look like he is in the same league. I am not kidding that is how great he looks in this! SohoMo is going to be a really flashy doll too and will need some really flashy clothes to really accent her look. She probably won't have many outfits, just like Pru, but they will be really nice ones.

I am so glad you are getting Wolf's stock outfit, I think it is absolutely fantastic and makes her a show stopper too. I think it would be cool to do your eyelash procedure on her. I think it will close the eyes just a bit and make them look even more beautiful!

That Pegasus is too small for your girls...the horse needs to be taller than the doll by a few inches to make it look right. Keep looking! They must have one now!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 am

Good morning!

Well, the weathermen were wrong about last night being horrible. I am glad because the closing driver for the pizza place were Eric now works called off, so Eric worked his shift too. Eric worked 11 hours yesterday. He made a "ton a dough" (his words) and he did! So far in his first week of working there (a total of of 20 hours) he has made $255! 20 hours at White Castle would have gotten him about $160, and he so prefers this job! He LOVES it in fact! He gets to drive around in his beautiful SUV listen to tunes and just hand people there food with a smile on his face as he gladly accepts the tips!! Twisted Evil I am so happy for him!

BUT, sadly the weathermen were right about today and it is brutal No Our wind chills are -31 right now and may get worse. Justin is at work (had to start early) and I am worried about him getting put on cart duty. He doesn't usually get that job anymore (since there are newer newbies Razz ) but man, it would be rough being out there today Sad I'm glad he only works 4 hours today! Eric no workie today! Very Happy

About 2:00 PM we are leaving to go to my folks house. We're gonna bring some pop and cake and goodies. I hope my dad is feeling better today. Last night my mom called about 9:00 and said the nurses wanted to give him Morphine to relax him, as he was very restless all day. Mom didn't want to give permission. My dad so didn't like the idea of taking any more meds than he had too. I read all about the pros and cons and told mom I thought she should OK it. I haven't called there yet this morning as I don't want to wake anyone up, so I don't know if he got any or not. Praying this is a nice visit for all of us.

Taller than the girls by a few inches?? affraid Man, I'm not sure I am going to find what I would like that tall, but I will keep looking. About 45 mins away from us is a really wonderful HobbyTown. I know he sells wonderful horses that size, but I don't know about unicorns or Pegasuses scratch I will have to search the whole net now, not just ebay or Amazon. I really just want something nice to stand with them on their special shelf!

Yes, the clothes you have selected for your dolls truly allow them to stand head and shoulders with the $1,000 dolls! It doesn't matter if they don't have a lot of clothes, as long as what they have is so special. Isis and Rhian will either stay stock always, or maybe someday I will get something really fantastic for them like what you just bought Mohana. I just know they won't be changed unless the costumes are more amazing that what the already have. I have plenty of dolls to change and rewig - so that need is more than satisfied!

I'm thrilled to be getting Wolf in stock! She was the one must have left of the Hestias! Not that I wouldn't mind having a couple of the other ones too, but my sisters and Wolf were MUST HAVE! I wish I knew when she would get here! The last email I got was "Received payment and your order has been labeled". I don't know if they shipped her and don't send another email or if she hasn't shipped yet. I know it will be awhile yet either way.

Well, I must get going and get some things done before we leave!

Have a wonderful Sunday! I love you
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 am

Hope you have a good visit with your Dad today. I think that was a good decision to tell your Mom to give your Dad the morphine since he was agitated. It is important to keep him as comfortable as possible now. Even if that means he sleeps more... Crying or Very sad It is all part of the process.

I better go shoot a photo or two of Val in his Venetian costume for you before you leave! Sorry the weather sucks again!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:35 am

Well, guess what my mom did! They keep the comfort pack in the fridge (not sure why) and she was afraid they would give it to him while she was sleeping and wouldn't know it (for some reason she thinks they are going to kill him with too much meds Rolling Eyes ) so she HID the comfort packs in the veggie bin under some lettuce heads etc. Shocked Shocked He was having a tough night so the nurse hunted for them and found them under the lettuce Twisted Evil This totally cracks me up that my mom would do that! I mean give me a break! So they gave him a small amount of morphine and he sleep really good! He told my mom the best night he has had in a long time. He is sitting up and feeling good today! Breathing better too! The nurse thinks it is in his head that he is not breathing right - you know nerves etc., because he lungs sound clear and he shouldn't be having the trouble he says he has. He must be feeling pretty good because all he asked my mom about us coming over is "what good food are they gonna bring me this time!" Razz I guess that is what I am known for now. Bringing the goodies!

Good! I hope to see pix before I go!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:23 am

That is too funny about your Mom! Laughing Your Dad probably gets anxious at night and that morphine did the trick! Wink

Well here you go, not the greatest photos, but I wanted you to see the outfit before you go-here is a quickie fashion show!!:
Dolls - Page 37 Vene3
Dolls - Page 37 Valvene1
Dolls - Page 37 Vene4
Dolls - Page 37 Veneback
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 pm

That's exactly what I think. Maybe he is afraid to fall asleep for fear he won't wake-up. I'll have a face to face with my mom today about hiding meds from the nurses. Not a good idea mom No

Val's outfit is amazing! I love the detail, especially on the back! The red socks are too much! I assume he will be wearing boots. Hopefully some off the red socks will peak out though. He looks smashing!! Thanks for posting before I go!

Where do you buy all the fabric you use for the backgrounds? How much do you buy at a time? What do you spread it out on? Your couch? A table and up a wall? I need to go to JoAnn's Fabric and see what all they have there.

TTYL~
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Glad you got to see the outfit before you go! I am so in love with it! I did'nt arrange the vest very well in the photos. The shirt is quite bulky, so I need to make sure it is tucked in right next time!

I use a (trifold) folding foam core presentation board to drape the fabric over for photoshoots. I get about a 3/4-1 yard of fabric to allow enough to drape. I know some of the gals have strings that they use to drape the fabric over and attach it with clothes pins and that works too!

Actually, he will not be wearing boots. I have not been able to find any that are old world looking enough or that don't cost a fortune! I ordered him some black, slipper shoes that I hope will work....

Good luck talking to your Mom! May the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:24 pm

Oh, I forgot to answer your other question about where I get the fabric. I get it at JoAnne's or the other fabric shop in town. I just see what they have that I can use for a particular shoot and go from there.

I find that black or white is really good for when you want to showcase the outfits and or the doll. Anything too busy detracts from them...but I have been known to use busy fabrics if they fit the theme I am going for.

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to make it to Joann's. I tell you I feel like waiting to spring to go outside again! Damn it's insanely cold here!!!

I wonder if Eric's sheet music stand would work? I could drape some fabric off of it. Not sure if the dolls could stand on it though. The little ledge for the music is kinda thin.

Let me tell you, that good night sleep did wonders for my dad! His color was much better today. He talked with us for 2 hours before he got tired and wanted some rest. He does look thin and sickly, but he was sitting up and very alert. Being a bit bossy to my mom Razz Rob and I did tell her to let my dad have that little bit of morphine since it seemed to work so well for him.

I have had no luck on the net finding what I want in the way of a unicorn or Pegasus that size. If I wanted a horse I would be OK. I found a gorgeous Barbie horse on Ebay! Well, I have a few months before Isis and Rhian "come out of the closet" Laughing I'll keep looking. Too bad 7 inches is too small. There are few gorgeous Pegasuses out there that size.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: