Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories

Go down 
+4
austin
firecracker
Janice
Luca
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 5:31 am

Oh Noz GE!!! affraid

That is just a horrible tale! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that.

I do know here that you get stopped and ticketed for expired tags. I don't know if they tow your car. I can't believe he didn't give you a ride and left you standing there. Just terrible!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:23 pm

Thanks guys. All I keep saying is "I NEED A VACATION!" I really really really do. I keep having to be there for other people's vacations because I dogsit. I'm hoping one of these days I'll go to my mailbox and inside will be a check for a million dollars with a note to pamper myself.

The main comment I do keep getting is "this happened in America?" Also, people running out to check their tags!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Firecracker, it was very brave of you to share that information about your first marriage. I am so terribly sorry you had to go through that.

Luca, I'm kind of surprised you didn't burn that photo
of the car
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:31 pm

Thanks Abrahammy I love you I love you It seems like a lifetime ago.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:34 pm

Quote :
Luca, I'm kind of surprised you didn't burn that photo
of the car
Laughing I know! But, then I would'nt have had photographic evidence to prove just how hillbilly it really was! jocolor
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:58 am

Luca: I loved the car pic. Made me smile with a huge grin.

FC, I am very glad your life is so much better now.

GE...I love your writing, so I almost enjoyed your story.. but really, what I know to be true of your fabulous self is: bureaucratic shit is just that, shit. And sometimes you just need to do exactly what the bureaucrats want and not spin that into thinking the cosmos is against you. The cosmos is kind of (my view) in favor of you winning when you actually are a wonderful person, as you are.

I want you to really know that that sort of shit stops happening, most of the time, when you really, profoundly, get it, that you are too grown up for that shit. It has nothing to do with covering where you really are... it has to do with really getting it, in your heart, that you want and deserve to be treated like an adult.

love, frazz
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Luca, it would have been so totally TRAGIC if you had burned any of those pictures. Like most stuff that at the time, seems horrible, with time you get to laugh at the absurdity of it all and it becomes an awesome story, as yours was.

Frazz, oddly enough, I had just gotten that! With the stuff that happened with my mom and me handling things and telling my dad to go home and me being in charge of admitting her and making sure she got her medication and that she was taken care of, made me realize I AM an adult and I have much more inside me than I ever thought I did.

I was honestly totally over the situation of that day once I blogged about it. I have not harbored any feelings of how horrible an injustice was perpetrated on me. That's why I tried to make the story funny and not just a total rant. I wanted that story recorded for posterity so I could remember it with all the details.

One thing I've learned as a writer is that it's the little details that make a story great. You can't make up the stuff that happened to me that day. While I was blogging about it, I wasn't even angry or disgusted. I just kept thinking how much fun it would be when people read it.

So, yeah, I totally get it. I get it about being a grown-up. I get it about letting the crap go so that you can let something good into your life. I get it about not holding onto something that you think is great, because then you don't allow what must be something bigger and better to come into your life.

Like, I get that if FC kept being a victim and just gave off "victim" and lived her whole life as a victim, she wouldn't have found a wonderful man and had a beautiful son.

I get that because Luca chose to laugh at what happened at her wedding that day instead of being a bridezilla and trying to make everything "perfect" (as young brides do nowadays) and perfection can never be achieved, she would have missed her own wedding day being obsessed over puffy sleeves.

So, I really honestly do get it. These things happen to all of us. The trick is not letting it turn us either into bitter, angry people, or someone who's world gets smaller and smaller, until they can't go out their own front door.

I'm being so damn DEEP for 10:18 p.m. on a Tuesday night, huh?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Quote :
So, yeah, I totally get it. I get it about being a grown-up. I get it about letting the crap go so that you can let something good into your life. I get it about not holding onto something that you think is great, because then you don't allow what must be something bigger and better to come into your life.

Like, I get that if FC kept being a victim and just gave off "victim" and lived her whole life as a victim, she wouldn't have found a wonderful man and had a beautiful son.

I get that because Luca chose to laugh at what happened at her wedding that day instead of being a bridezilla and trying to make everything "perfect" (as young brides do nowadays) and perfection can never be achieved, she would have missed her own wedding day being obsessed over puffy sleeves.

So, I really honestly do get it. These things happen to all of us. The trick is not letting it turn us either into bitter, angry people, or someone who's world gets smaller and smaller, until they can't go out their own front door.
I'm being so damn DEEP for 10:18 p.m. on a Tuesday night, huh?
Amen to that! I so needed to hear what you just wrote. Some people who force their way into our realities who get off on pitting people against each other are those bitter, angry, unstable, folk who don't warrant sapping our energy, or giving a second thought to. But, sharing how we overcame these life obstacles is worth talking about. We are able to rationally, intelligently relive a negative experience so others can laugh with us, commiserate with us, and realize they are not alone in the experience.

I am now ready to release the baggage someone came and threw on my back today, and go forward with my Italy adventure.

Take care everyone! I look forward to returning to this wonderful group of new friends I am getting the opportunity to know!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 12:52 am

Luca, have a wonderful time, enjoy your life with enormous gusto, and don't let the bastards get you down.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:45 am

See , now, these last three posts, GE, Luca, abrahammy, actually make me squee
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:05 am

GE you say everything so beautifully. And funny. You also need a hug.

One thing I have sadly or happily learned over the years is if someone is toxic to you you don't need it. Nor do I want it. what is the point?
People can lift you up or bring you down , isn't it wonderful when you are lifted up!
Have a great time Luca!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:20 am

Luca, Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad I will miss you terribly, but I hope you have the most amazing time of your life!!!!!! I love you! I love you

Yep, letting go of the baggage! Best advice ever!!

Yes, GE. I left the SOB and felt so strong afterwards and wouldn't let anyone make me a victim again! I also knew exactly what to look for in a new man and I found it in spades!! BTW GE, I have TWO beautiful sons!!

GE, I am an only child too! Makes it rough right now with no siblings to help us with are folks No

Hope you all have a perfect day!!

Frazz SQUEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am

Hey, I'm also an only child! It's a convention!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:43 am

Yay for only children!

Yay for squeeing and warm fuzzies.

Seriously aerwin, you're making me blush over here. Right back atcha.

Sorry I forgot about the second kid there, FC. There are only two options when someone leaves a bad relationship: one is to keep finding the same asshole with a different name. The other is to say "well, I'm not gonna do THAT again" and find someone who's wonderful. It's good you were smart enough to go with option 2.

Luca, I'm glad I could help. Sometimes we all need a kick in the ass to remind us of what's really important and to not let the turkeys get you down and concentrate on the good things in your life.

The trick with these toxic people is to release them with love. If you leave them physically, but carry them around in your heart and continue to hate them and make yourself sick over your hatred of them, well, they're continuing to be toxic. Now it's far more dangerous, because they've taken up residence in your body. My favorite line about resentment is that it's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Nobody should stay with someone who makes their lives miserable, but to leave and resent them is no better.

Luca, you are awesome and I shall miss you and I also hope you have the time of your life.

Frazz, I really love you.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:14 am

Quote :
The trick with these toxic people is to release them with love. If you leave them physically, but carry them around in your heart and continue to hate them and make yourself sick over your hatred of them, well, they're continuing to be toxic. Now it's far more dangerous, because they've taken up residence in your body. My favorite line about resentment is that it's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Nobody should stay with someone who makes their lives miserable, but to leave and resent them is no better.

That is a very wise observation. It applies to relationships with all toxic people, not just lovers and husbands.

I have to go to work so I can't stay long, but boy, I'm having quite a morning.

1. My daughter is ill.
2. I have to participate in a big group project this morning and rehearse for a television show this afternoon, so my husband has to come and watch her.
3. He works contract labor, so we are going to lose $300 for his lost wages.
4. Poor little pumpkin tried to microwave a biscuit for 3 minutes while I was in the shower and set the microwave on fire. So I'm jumping out of the shower and running around in a towel dripping wet trying to solve the problem while the alarm screams and the smoke billows and my daughter bawls in absolute terror - and the baby sleeps on in his room!

The microwave is singed, everybody is safe, the smoke is disappating, I have clothes on, Sarah's still sick, Dad's not here yet... the baby is calling. Thanks for listening. Ay yi yi!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:42 am

Oh Noz Abrahammy!! affraid affraid affraid

What a horrible morning!!

I am glad everyone is safe from the smoke. So sorry your little girl is not doing well Crying or Very sad I understand all too well about the lost wages. If I am sick or anything comes up and I cannot watch the daycare kids, I do not get paid for the day. Depending on which day of the week it is that can be as much as $200. So I am glad I have stayed so healthy and have Weds. off to do things for my folks and not lose any money. So I know what a bitter pill that is for your hubby today.

Good luck with the TV show! Sounds exciting!

I have to admit that was quite a visual you gave us though!! It was like watching the "I Love Abrahammy" show in my head!! You don't have red hair do you? lol! Babalooo!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Abrahammy! Your morning was like a sitcom! As usual, you took care of everything with class and style! Glad to hear everything is OK.

You're absolutely right. The "toxic" thing could even apply to the person who cut you off in the morning and you carry around anger about them and let them ruin your entire day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories   Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stranger Than Fiction Real Life Stories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2