Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 10:45 am

Rumors: Let's see how they pan out.

They are setting Jordin up to be their winner.

Lakisha will go home this week. (Some conspiracy theorists think she actually had the lowest votes last week; they may not have wanted Sanjaya on the charity show.)

They will begin trying push Chris ahead of Blake in popularity.

True? False? Pass the popcorn.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 am

More spoiler info!!

Quote :
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am GMT Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I "heard":
Here are the song choices and performance order:

1. Chris Richardson “If I Could Change The World” by Eric Clapton - He wore a tie and jacket.
2. Melinda Doolittle “There Will Come A Day” by Faith Hill - She wore a gray dress.
3. Blake Lewis “Imagine” by John Lennon - He wore a purple shirt and jacket.
4. LaKisha Jones “I Believe” Season 3 coronation song - She wore a black strapless dress.
5. Phil Stacey “The Change” by Garth Brooks - He wore a blue shirt and jacket.
6. Jordin Sparks “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from the musical “Carousel” - She wore a beige dress.

Judges comments:

Chris - All three judges liked his performance. Randy said Chris started off the show great. Paula thought it was one of his best. Simon said it wasn’t nasally, it was a great song choice and he’s finally living up to the potential they saw in his first audition.

Melinda - All the judges loved her. Randy said Melinda showed everyone how it’s done. Simon said she made it completely her own–a masterclass performance.

Blake - Randy thought it was a little boring–blah blah cakes about being compared to the original. Paula felt his performance was quiet, sincere. Simon liked the vocal and thought it was more about the sincerity than the vocal.

Lakisha - The judges “slammed” her. Simon thinks she shout-sings. The judges preferred Fantasia’s version from Season 3. (two separate accounts say that the audience loved her and that she sounded great).

Phil - Randy and Paula thought he was great. Simon liked it but told him to continue going for the country-style songs

Jordin - Randy told her tonite it was the best vocal by any Idol on any season. Simon joked that “unlike Randy. I liked you tonite Jordin.” Paula liked her too.

There are two phone numbers for each contestant:

1. 1 and 7 - Chris Richardson
2. 2 and 8 - Melinda Doolittle
3. 3 and 9 - Blake Lewis
4. 4 and 10 - LaKisha Jones
5. 5 and 11 - Phil Stacey
6. 6 and 12 - Jordin Sparks

The phone lines will be opened for 4 hours tonight instead of 2.

Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 3:36 pm

Quote :
They will begin trying push Chris ahead of Blake in popularity.

I think you are right. I just do not like Chris R. though. I think Blake is a much better performer.
Ya know I like Lakisha but for some reason she is not clicking with the audience. Perhaps because Jordin and Melinda's personalities really come through. I really think this a horse race between these two.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Jordin was amazing! I love her! I still like Blake too! I don't care who wins this year but if I had to choose I would choose Jordin or Blake.

Anybody heard what Ryan's huge surprise is? I am wondering what could be bigger than Bono coming on AI?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm

I just voted a couple times for Jordin (although I don't think she needs the help.) My daughter also wanted me to vote for LaKeisha so I did a couple times (easier to get thru than to Jordin's). I guess LaKeisha is going home because the last person K voted for was Hayley and then Gina!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Austin, I seem to have that voting curse too but I haven't voted since Chris D was booted last year. I have to vote tonight just for the money aspect for charity so I am voting for Jordin but more for Blake because he will need it more. This will be my only night to vote this season.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:33 pm

OK, I now officially detest Blake. Singing "Imagine" much worse than Scott Bakula, even, is unforgivable.

Scott Bakula singing the song on Quantum Leap

And then there is Neil Young's truly heatbreaking version from the 9/11 Tribute.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 pm

John Lennon's voice is so unique and very very difficult to replicate that he painted himself into a corner there.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 pm

It isn't even just Lennon's voice...(that is why I put links to the other two)...it is that you really ought to have fought some battles toward utopia if you are going to sing the song.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:39 pm

frazzle wrote:
It isn't even just Lennon's voice...(that is why I put links to the other two)...it is that you really ought to have fought some battles toward utopia if you are going to sing the song.

Funny, I feel the same way about the Dixie Chicks singing "Landslide" and I love the Dixie Chicks!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 pm

Now that you mention it...yeah...they were not "older" at all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:43 pm

While waiting for my dad to get out of recovery we got to watch AI. We didn't get to see Melinda at the beginning or Jordin at the end. I didn't think Blake's performance was that bad. It wasn't a great vocal, but it's not a song that shows off a vocal. I was not a huge fan of Lennon's voice so for me Blake sang it just fine. The falsetto was a but rough.

I really wanted to see Jordin but they wheeled my dad in right before she came on. Did Randy really say it was the best vocal on AI ever?

I thought Lakiki was 1000 better than Fanty, but then I can't stand Fanty so I may not be a good judge. I thought Paula's comments were OTT.

I didn't care for Phil as much as the judges did. I don't really care for Chris, but that was pretty good for him.

Off to check DialIdol and see what they have to say!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 pm

I may vote tonight, for everybody except Blake, that was so bad, in my view.

On the Ai charity? 50 million votes will yield 5 million dollars? Howzabout the producers and the hosts and judges match that.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Quote :
On the Ai charity? 50 million votes will yield 5 million dollars? Howzabout the producers and the hosts and judges match that.

Each.

I'm completely in favor of charity, but I've got questions about this.

1. 5 million dollars does not seem like a lot for an organization this big.

2. We've been shown some adorable kids, but we have not gotten a really specific plan as to how the funds will be used.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Good point about how the money is going to be used Abrahammy. I missed the Bono part. What is his involvement?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 am

Bono will be on tonight along with MANY other stars. Most of whom have new CDs coming out Rolling Eyes just like most of the stars that come on the show.

A LOT of Clay fans have been questioning how this event is being handled and where/how the donoations are going/being used. Sadly, it all smacks of self promotion and "look at us". Plus, what took them 6 years?
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:46 am

Green Eyez wrote:
frazzle wrote:

Funny, I feel the same way about the Dixie Chicks singing "Landslide" and I love the Dixie Chicks!

I do not like the Dixie Chicks singing Landslide. There is just no comparison.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 am

firecracker wrote:

I really wanted to see Jordin but they wheeled my dad in right before she came on. Did Randy really say it was the best vocal on AI ever?

Off to check DialIdol and see what they have to say!

Randy said it was "ONE of the best." Not THE best. She was very good. AND I WANT that dress.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:09 am

I voted. Is Bono on tonight?
I agree the judges need to match that. I think Simon makes 6 billion a year or something like that.

I guess I am in the minority , I liked Blake. I am a huge John Lennon fan. IMO Lennon had one of the best voices on the planet. No one will ever match him.
I loved Jordin's dress. It was beautiful.
Do y'all like Chris? I just do not.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:40 am

Thanks Austin!

Aerwin, I thought Blake was pretty much just fine on the song and I like Blake a lot. I would love for him to be in the final two with Jordin.

Bono is tonight. Bono on AI! Who'd a thunk it??

I do not like Chris. DialIdol has him at the very bottom. I know DialIdol has not always been right, but if I could pick who leaves tonight it would be Chris. In fact if it were up to me he would have left before a few others, like Gina who should have stayed several weeks longer IMHO.

The DialIdol results are interesting. I really hope they are right. Between this week's and last week's results it would mean Melinda does not have this thing sewn up. Sorry, but I have become quite bored with Melinda. Great voice yes, I don't see a "star". I think Jordin can be a "star". Great voice, beautiful girl, sparkling personality. Just joyful. She is my pick.

I could not vote last night as we were at the hospital, but I am fine with that as I give to Unicef thru Clay's challanges.

BTW: Does anyone want me to bring the DialIdol results here?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 am

Quote :
My friend in Cali just heard Nigel on Ryan's show. Madonna has been added to the show tonight and by 10PM PST they already had 65 million votes.

This is from a poster at The Clack House!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:52 am

Quote :
Anyone see Today this morning? The editor of People was on talking about the 50 Most Beautiful People issue. Sanjaya made the cut and got a small pic on the cover.

Also from The CLack House! JUST WOW!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 am

Picked this up at TWOP which was quoting from somewhere else:

'Idol' fundraiser hits
a new season low

Averages 9.6 in 18-49s, off 6 percent from last week

By Toni Fitzgerald
Apr 25, 2007

“American Idol’s” first-ever “Idol Gives Back” fundraiser is a noble idea and may well raise millions for charity. But it apparently did not hold as much interest as the usual singing competition for “Idol” fans.

The reality singing show fell to its lowest Tuesday rating of the season last night, a 9.6 Nielsen overnight among adults 18-49, as the contestants and a huge array of celebrity guests appealed to viewers to pledge money for numerous American and African charities.

[...]

There may also have been some tune-out with the improbable run of popular teenage singer Sanjaya Malakar ending last week. Though he was a polarizing figure, with many complaining that his off-key presence demeaned the talent competition, he did have a large faction of fans who could stop watching now that he’s been voted off.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Ryan said tonight is the most shocking result ever...whatever. I guess it would have to be Melinda going home then. It is that lovely number 6 where they love to throw a shocker.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:38 pm

OK, if the MOST SHOCKING RESULTS EVAH!!!!! doesn't include Melinda in the bottom 3, then it just ain't the most shocking results show evah. Kiki was in the bottom two last week, so her going home will not be the most shocking ever. No way it's Jordin. Phil's practically lived in the bottom 3 all season. Blake was bottom 3 last week and him going home would be sad for his fans, but not the most shocking ever. So I don't see how this could be more shocking than Tamyra or Chris or I guess even Con. Maybe the shock will be that nobody is getting sent home! That would be nice considering what this show is about tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next