Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:00 pm

OK, go here and see her pix and read her recap! She is so snarky! LOVE the dog with dreads!

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/24019443.html#cutid1
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:16 pm

I LOVE it!!! He was so overcome...........
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:42 pm

DC's CD went up for pre-order on Amazon and it is already #2!

DC is in a ton of mags this upcoming week - People, TV-Guide, OK to name a few.

I love this pic from the OK article!

American Idol - Page 12 Sexiestidol

I have been watching the many interviews this week with DC and DC with Archie. They have all been wonderful! The two of them seem to have a true love and respect for each other. I have to admit that Archie was really good on all the morning shows. He seems really fun and really happy!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Simply awesome interviews here with DC! So intelligent! Such a real artist, talking about how he arranges songs etc. He looks freaking gorgeous too!

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/idolatry
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:06 am

Here's a few pictures I took from Jason Castro day in Rockwall.

Here's the framed copy of the dedication I wrote for him. I gave it to his friend Sooner.

American Idol - Page 12 Jason073

Here's my sign.

American Idol - Page 12 Jason103

Here's Jason outside our Dreadhead bus. He was SWARMED.

American Idol - Page 12 Jason081

He got on the bus...

American Idol - Page 12 Jason086-Copy

...he came walking towards me...

American Idol - Page 12 Jason089-Copy

...And he plopped himself down two seats in front of me. I got a very good view of the back of his head.

American Idol - Page 12 Jason087-Copy

Here's Over the Rainbow.

American Idol - Page 12 Jason121
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:20 am

I love your pics, abrahammy. As well as your captions.

Your framed dedication is so lovely. And Jason is very lovely too. Well maybe a tad spicier than lovely...
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:59 am

What a sweetheart he is! This is a very talented Top 10 and I think the tour this year will be one of the most successful ones.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:09 am

Great pix! Your framed dedication is beautiful! I am sure he will cherish it forever! I love you

DC said that they are hoping to do Barracuda in concert as a duet of DC and Carly with Jason playing the drums!! Damn I wish I was going! Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:01 am

DC on "Best Week Ever" He is soooo funny! A natural comic actor!

http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cook-best-week-ever-video.htm
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:22 am

That's hilarious!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:28 am

DC is a natural comedian! Laughing

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
Your framed dedication is so lovely. And Jason is very lovely too. Well maybe a tad spicier than lovely...
I wholeheartedly agree with Frazzle Abrahammy! You got some great shots of Jason! He just lights up the bus, the stage, the world! He is a tad spicier than lovely indeed. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Love him in that shirt! Red is his color. Shocked Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Abrahammy, thanks so much for sharing your day with us. I am so happy for you and muy jealous.

Of course, I probably would have gotten up and sat on the lap of the girl in front of him to get the picture. Also? I would have elbowed all those tall chicks outta the way for you. I used to be wimpy. Now I fight for my small patch of earth.

Sounds like he's just the wonderful humble lovely (spicey!) man we thought he was. That's just wonderful.

Your framed tribute is tear-worthy. Hopefully there are other pictures out there of the look on his face when they were reading your beautiful tribute.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

Great DC interview here!

http://www.okmagazine.com/blog/post/6997/Two-Idol-Davids-and-a-Syesha

He will be writing songs with Raine Maida from "Our Lady Peace"! That is his fave band and he sang their song "Innocent" on the show. That is not only exciting for DC but that means he will be putting out a CD with rock music. He may be able to add some songs from "Analog Heart" to it also!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:34 pm

Excellent interviews here! There are 3. Very informative answers to questions from viewers and he shows his AC tat! He is smart and hot!! He loves the cougars for Cook!

http://www.tvguide.com/Video/

Wonderful fan made tribute video of DC! Just perfect! I love this man!!! I truly do! I think he is now officially my all time fave AI contestant and male vocalist/musician! He is deep and uses such interesting words!! *swoon*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDKkbLhnQw
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:27 pm

Quote :
I think he is now officially my all time fave AI contestant and male vocalist/musician!
Are you saying what I think you are saying? You love him more than Clay?

affraid Shocked silent Shocked affraid Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:12 am

I would have to say "musically" I do think he is the best! Not a better voice - well, they are such different singers and DC's voice is not as "beautiful" as Clay's, but his knowledge of music and arranging music, he writes and plays instruments. So he is an all around musician and I really respect that. Then you add in his performance abilities and lyric interpretation. He is "cool" and gorgeous, funny and smart. Clay of course is also very funny and smart. Just saying I think DC is actually the better "whole package".

I am a little annoyed with Clay in interviews because when asked questions about musical influences when growing up or now he says "none" Shocked He has said things like when he is singing those gorgeous songs "he is thinking about "Hot Pockets" (one of his fave foods). When DC is asked those same questions he goes into great details about what has influenced him. So much more of an "artist". I have so much respect for that.

So it those ways I would have to say he is my fave AI contestant because he is just so gifted. Then he turns out to be so funny also. The vocabulary he uses is just amazing! "Word Nerd" indeed! A gifted "rock star" who speaks so eloquently! Just LOVE that!

I love them both dearly, but I am just feeling so much respect right now DC's musicality and intelligence. What a hot combo! Plus, have you seen his package in his tight jeans?? Twisted Evil Not that I ever looked Wink
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:23 am

Grin. I am beginning to think we will have to start a separate thread for all current year AI alums who are not David Cook. lol!

I have one little observation. Kind of an epiphany. What can make a person permanently switch from one Idol contestant to another in affection?

What would be the cause of the final jump? How weird is it to say, at the end of the day, "Not only is he more current, higher ranked, has better professional prospects, and is generally a very much better musician, but he and his people were very much kinder to me???"

I will always be a Clay Aiken fan; he's pretty much earned my affection for life, no matter what weird and outlandish thing he ends up doing. Constantine... I think I may be done.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:45 am

I wondered if I should start a DC thread scratch I will have lots to bring into it! Wink I am following him closely! I guess I will start a thread for him now. I just hope others will join me there.

Yes, I agree. Clay has earned my love for life also! For his big beautiful voice and kind and generous heart. I just think I am drawn to DC's "musicianship and type of music" more. So I am not jumping away from Clay - not ever - well, unless he kills somebody Laughing . But I sure have jumped onto DC.

I am so happy that you have found an Idol that makes you so happy! I do think as a person Jason is very deserving of your affection! I am so glad that they all were so kind to you and you got to have such an amazing experience!

I don't know what all makes other people jump off one AI and on to another. I guess being fickle? Maybe only caring about what is new and different? Out of sight out of mind? I do know I adored Taylor while he was on the show, and then was pretty much over him shortly there after.

I think in the case of Constantine I can understand why you would need to move on. You certainly had some disappointments in that fandom.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:50 am

Well, some people hold your attention and some don't. Clay and Constantine did. Taylor did not. Sanjaya was a middle finger to the AI brass anyway, so I knew that would be temporary.

Jason may be a keeper. It will depend on what music he's able to get out. By the way, I DON'T think you have to start a DC thread. Of course the conversation is about him! He won the thing! Deservedly! I was just teasing you!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, GB held my attention way past AI until I found out who he was. He was the only contestant I got into that much.

I think if the winner was someone you got REALLY into (like FC got into DC and my mom and y'all got into Clay) and he stays in the public eye and keeps going and doing interesting projects and puts out a great album and promotes it, you'll keep with them.

FC, I think the reason Taylor is outta sight, outta mind, is because you didn't get into him at nearly the level of DC. Then he faded into obscurity.

I think Jason is deserving of loyalty, not only for his personality, but because I love his style and his voice. His sweetness is definitely a plus. I doubt we'll be hearing about him taking a group of groupies into the back room. I will buy his CD. First time ever.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Oops! Somehow I missed your post and did start a DC thread. It's OK, I was starting to feel bad about how much stuff I was bringing here. It's just that being the winner there is just so much press about him. I hoped others were interested in checking him out. I've learned so much about his personality since he started doing so many interviews.

GE, so true. I was never like this about Taylor. I sure did get a kick out of him though Laughing and he was entertaining and did have many musical skills.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:08 pm

We just found out that they have pulled one of the planned songs. David C. was going to play guitar while Carly sang Barracuda, and Jason would be on drums.

THEY DECIDED JASON WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE BECAUSE IT WOULD GIVE HIM TOO MUCH ATTENTION.....! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Who said that? That sounds like something fans would think. I see enough of that in the Clay fandom Rolling Eyes Anytime Clay isn't invited to be on AI it is because he would take the attention off of "the winner". I don't believe that at all, but whatever. So I can't imagine why anyone putting the tour together would have a problem with that. Please do NOT tell me that DC is someone they think has an issue with it because I found out about this number watching a DC interview where he was in on the planning of it with Jason and Carly. It was partly his idea.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 pm

DC and Carly love the number. They want to do it. They were up for the collaboration. This has happened. The tour organizers have pulled Jason off the song.

The source for this information is Sooner. She's a woman I've actually met, and she's the person who organized the Dreadhead bus I rode, and she's the person who read the dedication I wrote for Jason. She's a longtime family friend of the Castros.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm

God! What idiots! That would have been a great number!! Why can't they just put on a great show and forget about "competition"? The competition is over. Just let them put on a great show for everybody! What morons! When DC was talking about that number the first thing I said to myself was "DAMN, I wish I was going to a show!" What is wrong with these people? That number would have been a show stopper!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next