Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm glad it smells good! I don't really care for dreads. I can't even figure out how they do that Razz He has a very nice face though!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:25 pm

I think HE has dreads because he would actually look like a nice junior professor, otherwise, and he does WILD rock (I call it art-rock, kinda like performance art rock, but more truly music based) music. THe junior professor look just wouldn't... ROCK. He has the skunk tail colors because he finds that amusing (as do I).

They are hair extensions, which means, at the scalp you braid your own hair, and to those braids you attach (by means of sewing, or stapling, or tape...he has sewn ones) fake braids to the bottoms of those braids, and then more to the bottoms of those braids.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Interesting!

So, does Jason Castro have extensions or is his all his real hair?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Got a high res pic of Jason's hair? I could tell if I could see that.

It would take many years (since the hair gets shorter if you braid it) to get his own hair that long as dreads.

There is a woman at my work who has dread-braids as long as his, but she is majestic and about 45. Hers look real, but I have no idea how she would get the scalp parts to be braided over the years.

There is also a guy at work with Jason length braids, but his are plain cornrow braids, not dreads (fuzzified).

So far, I don't know either of them well enough to ask how it is done.

Ralf gets fake skunk-color extensions added. No idea how unfakes get done so that they stay braided at the top.

I DO know how to get dreads at the end, not the scalp...my own hair, when it is long enough, makes dreads all by itself. I cut it when i can no longer get the snarls out (am in relatively short mode at the moment, afteer a fit of inability to get the snarls out).

Here is me with my natural dreadness, plus a random boytoy in the background:

American Idol - Page 3 Frazzdreadsnp8

Washing it once it has gone to dread (which takes about two days in my case) means surrendering to washing it snarled, kinda like washing one of those plastic pot scrubber things made of plastic wire..you just put shampoo on it and squeeze and rinse and squeeze and rinse a hundred times.

If I had braided it starting at the scalp on the day of that pic, it would have been shorter than Jason's dreads.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:38 pm

frazzle wrote:
Speaking of dreadlocks, here is my pal Ralf, of the band Suicide Holiday:
American Idol - Page 3 Ralfkg7

One word...........NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:41 pm

I like dreads. If the person has the right face and attitude to pull them off.
And like Frazz...I like men with lots of hair. Long if it suits them.

Ralf has the attitude to pull them off, Jason? Yeah, maybe, but he looks even better in my opinion with straight hair.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:47 pm

lol! Yay Sky and Luca!

If he and I were age appropriate.. I would marry him. Absolutely. Illegally.

Except he might be gay (nope, I know him only well enough to know about his hair, but not about his preferences...

Though I always think, these days, if such a guy is crazy about me, too, he MUST be gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

But even that would not stop me engaging in a domestic union with him, if he wanted it.

But he grew up in Germany, which is a whole 'nother thing. So I have no clue. I just know he is delightful as an entertaining human.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:52 pm

I think Jason's natural hair is wavy/curly, depending on the cut. I think straight would be a burden.

I do get why he would go for dreadlocks, given that making it anywhere near straight would be hard to do on a regular basis. But I would be happy to know otherwise (or not).

Excessively wavy/curly sort of, but not really, but fine, and goes crazy-straight in dry weather, and crazy-frizzy/curly in humid weather, but won't-go-straight, reliably, ever, hair is hard. HARD. Feel sorry for us. Weep for us.

Vote for us.

I need to run for something where you can vote for my unreliable hair.

Last edited by frazzle on Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:03 pm

Yes, the wavy/curly hair thing is a lot of work isn't it. It can look great, but requires product, the right cut, the right humidity, the right shampoo etc. A royal pain indeed. And trying to get it straight with a flat iron??? It is doable if you have 30-45 minutes to spare and you have eyes in the back of your head. Rolling Eyes

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :

Except he might be gay (nope, I know him only well enough to know about his hair, but not about his preferences...

Though I always think, these days, if such a guy is crazy about me, too, he MUST be gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I must whip you with a wet noodle now my dear...I truely can't imagine why every guy would'nt be crazy about you gay or otherwise!!!! You are absolutely delightful both inside and out! And hey? The cleavage does'nt hurt either.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:09 pm

I haven't actually met any age appropriate out-there-artistically straight single guys in years, so I do not know. It certainly would be nice to meet some. None. None.

I did get an e-mail from one of my ex-es yesterday. He said I was "Still cute". Am I supposed to forget the genuinely evil things he said about me when we split up? (My question belongs in chit-chat, so I will ask it there tomorrow..,.).
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Have any of you seen this video of Jason at the LA airport, followed and questioned by paparazzi? Jason was so cordial and polite. At one point the guy asks JC if he inhales................WTF? That question along would infuriate me as none of their freakin business. You can definitely see a change in JC's demeanor. Mind you he'd had the flight from hell from NY...........

http://x17video.com/celebrity_video/jason_castro/jason_castro_prepares_for_life.php
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:14 pm

frazzle wrote:
lol! Yay Sky and Luca!

But even that would not stop me engaging in a domestic union with him, if he wanted it.

But he grew up in Germany, which is a whole 'nother thing. So I have no clue. I just know he is delightful as an entertaining human.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely going to google Ralf........... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm

You know, Jason really didn't do well on this song, but I absolutely LOVE his reply to Simon. If anything watch the vid to the point where JC says "I was thinking Marley, Yeah"..............priceless, and I miss him....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwotWy2bEA&NR=1
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Here is Ralf's myspace:
ralf

http://www.myspace.com/ralff

(see ? I only know his hair, not if he has one "f" or two.)

Jason is absolutely somebody I want to know about, wherever he winds up in his life, though I will most likely go to see him in small folkie venues after he has recovered from AI.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Here are 3 close up pics of Jason. OH, I would love to go see him........
Thanks for the link.

American Idol - Page 3 1picoday205-13

American Idol - Page 3 1picoday205-14

American Idol - Page 3 1picoday5-5
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 11:49 pm

GREAT pics of Jason!

Ok
He has extensions going from about cheekbone level down.

I still don't know how they keep the hair near the scalp braided/dreaded as it starts to grow out, but at least that part of the mystery is solved. In Jason's pics the extensions have blondish stuff on the end.

WAIT! If you look at my pic, a few posts up, my own hair has no braids, but is inherently curly/wavy/frizzy enough so that the scalp stuff looks kinda dreaded. As I look at Jason's, the braids do not even start until about cheekbone level. SO his roots and about 8 inches down are just his hair, and after that they are dreaded extensions. (Ralff's roots are not so naturally inclined to dreads.. his is finer...wavy, but fine)
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:04 am

I'm pretty sure the dreads are all his own hair since he says he hasn't had a haircut in about 5 or 6 years. I think the show added some colored dreads on occasion and some blonde highlighting but other than that, I think it's all his own hair.

I have a feeling that while it won't be as big an issue, Jason being a stoner will be like the rumors of Clay being gay. No matter what he says, people will believe what they want to believe.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:13 am

If Jason keeps doing things like building homes for the less advantaged, I am for him
Weed? I do not care. Lying about weed? I do not care. Telling the truth about never having smoke it? I do not believe that, but I do not care. As long as he does good stuff, i do not care what he does or doesn't do to help him do good things.

But then, I absolutely believe Clay is gay, has gay relationships. Do I care if it is true or false or if he lies about it? Nope. I like his voice, and his humor, and the fact that he does intensely charitable things.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:23 am

Badger wrote:
I'm pretty sure the dreads are all his own hair since he says he hasn't had a haircut in about 5 or 6 years. I think the show added some colored dreads on occasion and some blonde highlighting but other than that, I think it's all his own hair.

I have a feeling that while it won't be as big an issue, Jason being a stoner will be like the rumors of Clay being gay. No matter what he says, people will believe what they want to believe.

I know nothing about dreads, but I was under the impression it was all his hair, no extensions.

Stoner? Gay? It doesn't matter........it's their personal life, let it be.

I also think Clay is Gay, but it doesn't matter. I just feel sad that it has to be an issue. It won't change who he is or how he sings. I did listen to his new CD, and it's fantastic. There are a couple of songs that I find sad though. Don't ask me the names, I've only listened once....in between listening to Jason. Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 5:58 am

The Real Me and Lover All Alone (which Clay wrote) are very sad songs. I am glad you think it is fantastic! It really is, and by far his best work. I love every song and don't skip a one. That is very rare.

I still hate dreads. Just yuck to me Razz

Frazz you are adorable!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 7:01 am

Carly Smithson says that she discussed the issue with Jason. He's not a stoner. Never once touched the stuff during the Idol run.

If you look at pictures of Jason through the past five years, you can clearly see his dreads getting longer. It's his own hair.

I've gotten used to the dreads, but I still REALLY prefer them when he ties them back and they look like braids. I think I've said this before; the idea that nobody ever voted for his kid for his singing makes me laugh, because I would NEVER have voted, let alone with devotion, based only on his unruly, sleepy appearance. I think he's one of the best, untrained, raw talents AI has ever found, and the fact that he managed to get to the Final Four, against the wishes of TPTB, in a season filled with very highly trained longtime industry professionals blows me away.

I do think Clay is gay, I think his fanbase has forced him into a closet from which he dare not ever leave, and I think Lover All Alone - the most exquisite thing he's ever done - is about the loneliness that has caused. He paid a very big price to be who he is. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:20 am

Oh, that video of Jason in the airport was really tough to watch. That reporter that kept after him was a P.I.T.A. He handled it well especially considering his travel circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:23 am

abrahammy wrote:
Carly Smithson says that she discussed the issue with Jason. He's not a stoner. Never once touched the stuff during the Idol run.

If you look at pictures of Jason through the past five years, you can clearly see his dreads getting longer. It's his own hair.

I've gotten used to the dreads, but I still REALLY prefer them when he ties them back and they look like braids. I think I've said this before; the idea that nobody ever voted for his kid for his singing makes me laugh, because I would NEVER have voted, let alone with devotion, based only on his unruly, sleepy appearance. I think he's one of the best, untrained, raw talents AI has ever found, and the fact that he managed to get to the Final Four, against the wishes of TPTB, in a season filled with very highly trained longtime industry professionals blows me away.

I do think Clay is gay, I think his fanbase has forced him into a closet from which he dare not ever leave, and I think Lover All Alone - the most exquisite thing he's ever done - is about the loneliness that has caused. He paid a very big price to be who he is. Crying or Very sad

Oh, I love it when the dreads are pulled back too. You have summed up the way I feel. Jason has so much talent, such a distinctive voice and those that can't get by his 'appearance' (which I think is dropdead gorgeous) are really missing out.

"Lover Alone" is a beautifully sad sad song. I love that he was able to have this song.............
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:26 am

Lau wrote:
Oh, that video of Jason in the airport was really tough to watch. That reporter that kept after him was a P.I.T.A. He handled it well especially considering his travel circumstances.

He did handle it well......you could tell how visibly pissed he was and you are right it was tough to watch, because I wanted to tell the guy to piss off! Of course when you are in a position such as Jason, you can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Good article in Rolling Stone with Jason......

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/14/jason-castro-its-nice-to-be-doing-something-different/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next