Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+6
Luca
firecracker
aerwin
frazzle
Green Eyez
Sky
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:11 pm

I am in a cabin in New Mexico. It is SO peaceful here. Everything is slowed down. I'm taking pictures of everything and intend to do a picture blog when I return.

The lady at the diner actually said "y'all come back now"! Heeeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:48 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
I am in a cabin in New Mexico. It is SO peaceful here. Everything is slowed down. I'm taking pictures of everything and intend to do a picture blog when I return.

The lady at the diner actually said "y'all come back now"! Heeeee!!!
Laughing Love eeet! Can't wait to see your picture blog! New Mexico is really beautiful! Are you going to buy some art or jewlery?
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:04 pm

My friend is getting furniture and rugs (she wants Southwestern style for her place in L.A.).

I got a beautiful silver bracelet and my friend got me a gorgeous top that has this awesome 70's design on it. Purples and turquoise.

We went to dinner at the lodge. Got there at sunset and I took a picture of it. Just the most stunning colors. So calming. Then there was a piano player who played Moon River. I love this place so much.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Eeek! I love silver jewlery and the top sounds wonderful! How cool!

I am picturing the place you are staying is in Santa Fe or Taos. Ok, now I am officially jealous! The place you are staying sounds like nirvana!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:10 am

I don't remember a time when I've been this calm, peaceful and happy. I'm just blissed-out. I needed this more than I can say.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 am

Sounds like a fantastic time! I could sure use some "blissful"!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:36 am

Green Eyez wrote:
I don't remember a time when I've been this calm, peaceful and happy. I'm just blissed-out. I needed this more than I can say.

Awww..............isn't it wonderful to get out and away to a calm, peaceful place!!! Enjoy, because I am.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:38 am

Hello!!!!! I had a great flight and customs was a breeze, there wasn't anyone there, no waiting either....I wish I had brought the laptop! Oh well.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 am

YAY! Glad you got there safe! Thanks for letting us know! I love you Have the most wonderful time! You are in JD country! Keep an eye open for him, you just never know! Wink
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:17 pm

Ahhh blissful vacations. Happy to hear all is well with Sky and GE in their adventures.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Heading out to Santa Fe tomorrow and staying overnight.

Today we went through an Indian Reservation. I am begging my friend to take me through there again because there on a two-lane highway with nothing but forest in either direction...is a PAY PHONE. My friend says it's because there's a 90 degree turn there and people were probably wiping out and the cell phone reception SUCKS. I MUST take a picture of it to include in my blog.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 6:37 pm

Having a great time and will post pics when I get home. We did Niagara Falls today and a Jet dome boat ride on the rapids and whirlpool on the Niagara river. Missing you!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Riding the rapids! WOW! Look forward to the tales.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi Sky! We miss you too!

WOW! That sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see the pix!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 pm

frazzle wrote:
Riding the rapids! WOW! Look forward to the tales.

It was a covered jetdome, so we didn't get wet! We want to go back and do the open boat ride though! So much fun!

Coming back into the US was an usual experience for me, from customs to flight! The customs agent wouldn't settle for anything but a house address for my cousin and I couldn't remember it! I had her Cell # but that wasn't good enough, they needed a home #. I did finally find it and they punched in the # and got her address. Then the Customs Agent proceeded to teach how to remember the house address numbers! The flight? Whew! Small plane flying into thunder storms.....no fun. affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Small plane???? affraid Flying into storms???? affraid affraid

Thank goodness you made it through OK! I love you

Not getting wet riding the rapids sounds like my way to go! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Quote :
Then the Customs Agent proceeded to teach how to remember the house address numbers!

How?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:53 am

frazzle wrote:
Quote :
Then the Customs Agent proceeded to teach how to remember the house address numbers!

How?

The number was 13741.........he said---1 on each end, 3, 7, 4......3 and 4 add up to 7............... He repeated it several times. He became just a little bit annoying!!! Rolling Eyes

I just wanted through customs not a lesson......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Sounds like he was a trip Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:22 pm

So, I"m assuming you all are following the Hogan family fiasco. Now I find out the latest. Look, I'm a cougar. I'll admit it. I like the young'uns. I feel bad sometimes about my love for the 20-something Padalecki.

HOWEVER! This? Is so SO wrong. Especially when you have a DAUGHTER.

Hogan mom goes even more trailer trash
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:56 pm

EEEK on the Hogans!! Both the folks are a little off if you ask me! Shocked

Nothing wrong with being a cougar in your heart! Look at me! I am probably the biggest cougar here! Cougars for Cook! We have our own thread!! But at the DC board you have to be over 40 to be a cougar. You are not over 40 are you GE? I think you are just a cougar pup Razz

Hey, Jared is single now! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:17 pm

OMG! You heard? I was going to put it in the Jared thread. I can't believe it. He gets engaged and then (it's rumored) cheats on her with Danielle Panabaker from "Shark" (she's co-starring with him In Friday the 13th). You know his role in the movie? CLAY! Ha!

My theory (sorry for all you non-Jared fans. You can skip this part). He's been with Sandy since he was like 22. I think for many men, they'll stay loyal if they always feel like they have an out-clause. Suddenly this was "forever". I think he freaked. I believe early-mid twenties is too young to know what you really want in a life-long mate. If these two got together in their late 20's and spent time together into their 30's, they'd still be together.

OK, non-Jared fans. You can come back now.

Thanks for calling me a cougar pup! I'm feeling younger already! I will go for it!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Are you supposed to be over 40 to be a cougar? J/A

Speaking of the Hogans they disgust me. Did y'all hear any of those jail house tapes ? That brat of a kid whining and complaining. They have NO emphaty at all for the kid that is in a coma . jUst trying to fugure out how they can make the next buck. No remorse either. I think his ass should be in jail , he was caught twice going over 100 miles per.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Quote :
Are you supposed to be over 40 to be a cougar? J/A
No. Heh.

I would think it's the sense of entitlement that comes with celebrity, but I think it's the sense of entitlement that comes with the rich and pampered.

Like those girls who kidnapped and beat up that girl and the only things they were worried about were cheerleading practice and spring break.

The sense of entitlement of youth in general, I suppose, is quite frightening. I don't, and will never, believe in corporal punishment, but I don't believe parents punish their children at all. They're more concerned with being the kid's best friend. Most of the time the question is asked "what would happen if you didn't give in?" Answer: "they'd make my life miserable. They'd be really unhappy and take it out on me". Ummmm...yeah? Aaaaaaaaaaaaand?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:41 pm

I hope you find this heartening on Danielle Panabaker: she is in my (rarely attended by me, alas, these days) acting class (along with Grant Show). I did a scene with her (me=mom, her=daughter, from White Oleander) I LOVED HER! ADORED HER!

Smart, pretty not even remotely slutty in style. The dreamgirl of all the boys who get shy in her presence.

If she gets lucky she could be the sort of star Candice Bergen was before she got cranky (which I also love), but a much more truthful actor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next